Funny how when the Z10 came out, the 4.2" screen was perfect and awesome with the Android phones being way too big (they won't even fit in your pocket!!!).

Now the Z30 is the perfect size and people couldn't go back to using the 4.2" screen on the Z10, bunch of hypocrites lol.
    It all comes down to how you use the device really, even though I am completely used to the size of a z30 and find a z10 small, I still think that the z10 or possibly a fraction larger is still the perfect size for a screen if you intend to use your device one-handed with any regularity.

Personally, I switch between qwerty and all-touch so the former means that I am generally in the habit of using the device two-handed and as such the benefits of the z30 outweigh the downside of it being less suited to one-handed use.
    10-28-13 05:13 AM
    I have smaller hands. I'm worried about one handed typing. I couldn't find a live demo in it in Singapore but I did hold the dummy unit. It seems pretty damn big. I do believe the Z10 is perfect for me on one handed typing. I'm not worried about reaching the top left of the screen (honestly how often do you need to reach up there?) but I really want to play with the keyboard on one. Sexy device though. I'm not worried about brightness. I keep my 10 less than half anyway. I wish it were dimmer in pitch black rooms to be honest.

Can anyone comment on whether the screen's colors still stay decent when brightness is low? I hate how the Z10's colors turn to crap at lower brightness levels. I was amazed at how much whiter the screen was when I turned up the brightness the other day.

And let's be honest. The battery in the 30 is amazing haha.

Auto corrected by BB10
    10-28-13 05:29 AM
    I have smaller hands. I'm worried about one handed typing. I couldn't find a live demo in it in Singapore but I did hold the dummy unit. It seems pretty damn big. I do believe the Z10 is perfect for me on one handed typing. I'm not worried about reaching the top left of the screen (honestly how often do you need to reach up there?) but I really want to play with the keyboard on one. Sexy device though. I'm not worried about brightness. I keep my 10 less than half anyway. I wish it were dimmer in pitch black rooms to be honest.

Can anyone comment on whether the screen's colors still stay decent when brightness is low? I hate how the Z10's colors turn to crap at lower brightness levels. I was amazed at how much whiter the screen was when I turned up the brightness the other day.

And let's be honest. The battery in the 30 is amazing haha.

Auto corrected by BB10
    Having a Nexus 4 as well, I'm already used to the size and actually prefer it, despite some trade-offs for one handed use. I also appreciate the extra size for the keyboard which cuts down on mistakes.

In terms of the colours, well, at least for the blacks I find them much blacker at minimum brightness and at maximum brightness they become more grey (if I use the settings menu as an example). Whites are more yellow/beige than the Z10 screen so the white balance is different, which you should get used to once you stop comparing it to another device.

Personally, I still prefer the screen on the Z10 since I prefer the vibrant colours and extra brightness which allowed me to use the device in full sunlight. But to each their own I guess. No device is perfect for everyone.
    10-28-13 07:39 AM
    Wow calm the **** down. His post was light-hearted... period, much?

Posted via CB10
    I am calm . . Just because he said 'lol' doesn't give him the right to call people hypocrites; the op asked for opinions on the screen size, not an analysis of people's motives or integrity.
    10-28-13 09:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    Not sure about your 'period much' comment, there is a period at the end of the first sentence, and the second sentence is grammatically correct with a comma and period . . maybe you're the one that needs to calm down . . .
    10-28-13 09:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    Oh, and if you're referring to this (. . .) it's called and ellipsis and indicates a pause in thought . . English grammar much?
    10-28-13 10:00 AM
    Not sure about your 'period much' comment, there is a period at the end of the first sentence, and the second sentence is grammatically correct with a comma and period . . maybe you're the one that needs to calm down . . .
    Sorry, I'm from the UK. They're called full stops, not periods.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 11:43 AM
    And your ellipses are abysmal. You use two dots instead of three frequently, and you put spaces between them.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 11:44 AM
58 123