All around smartphone and mobile computing award goes to BB10 and the z30. In my area they are surprising catching on. I cannot believe how many people I know personally and through work/customers beginning to sport them, and they all love them. Best device. I know people here are going to argue, the specs, other OS have everything the z30 does etc. Well until you own one, put it through the paces, test it as a personal computer device on the fly then you just can't understand. The icing on the cake is the quality of the device, the battery staying power, BB10 on 10.2.1 and soon 10.3. Stability is amazing, never crashes, never locks up. And yes I have loaded a few Android apps to fill in a few spots BBW couldn't like Netflix. BlackBerry is really on to something here.....unfortunately the people either don't know, or just can't accept it. How to solve that issue is up to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 03:12 PM
    What he's saying is that you can run a Bluetooth keyboard or usb keyboard into the Z30 and broadcast the display via HDMI or mircast onto a TV or monitor, so the phone is acting purely as processor and not wasting power on other functions.

IPhone was brought into the thread way back and is central to the whole debate it seems.
    Why ? If You really wanted a portables computer why Not use more upto date Technologies

me Smartglass iPhone Windows phone and Android all use It why Not bbry?

Its far superior with Remote Access of a device like a tv or console or computer no n�ed for a physical keyboard and You arent really platform restrictedas It uses your onscreen keyboard for input and your fingers and screen as output o ver wifi Not just for control o ver v�deos but apps and etc

Posted via CrackBerry App
    05-07-14 05:10 PM
    Phi,

Excuse my ignorance but till I read your reply I'd never heard of Smartglass. I did a quick Google search on it.

Do I need an Xbox to run Smartglass?

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 05:17 PM
    All around smartphone and mobile computing award goes to BB10 and the z30. In my area they are surprising catching on. I cannot believe how many people I know personally and through work/customers beginning to sport them, and they all love them. Best device. I know people here are going to argue, the specs, other OS have everything the z30 does etc. Well until you own one, put it through the paces, test it as a personal computer device on the fly then you just can't understand. The icing on the cake is the quality of the device, the battery staying power, BB10 on 10.2.1 and soon 10.3. Stability is amazing, never crashes, never locks up. And yes I have loaded a few Android apps to fill in a few spots BBW couldn't like Netflix. BlackBerry is really on to something here.....unfortunately the people either don't know, or just can't accept it. How to solve that issue is up to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    .Amen!

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 05:23 PM
    I would have considered a Z30 if it came with a removable battery, but it didn't. So I will just be sticking with a Q10 for now.

One thing I learned from using various phones in the past is that it is not a matter of whether a battery will go bad but is rather about WHEN the battery will go bad. Even if you don't use the phone at all, the battery keeps on degrading all by itself and more if you actually use the phone of course.

In the end, a gorgeous screen or a fast CPU does not matter for anything if it has a faulty battery that cannot be removed.
    We run a fleet of around 200 BlackBerry Z30's in our organisation, and have provided them since the Z30 launched. To date, we haven't had a single report of a bad battery or degraded battery life. That's not to say it can't happen, but from experience, the quality of batteries in the Z30 series are excellent.

I also have an original BlackBerry 7230 on my desk with original battery and it still lasts a week without recharge. If the Z30 pulls the same bettery longgevity, I think we'll all be ok

If the Z30 battery does happen to fail (and I've never seen this happen), BlackBerry often cover warranty claims for batteries even out of the warranty period.

The Z30 is phenomenal and the battery life amazing. I love finishing a massive day (at close to midnight) to see that my Z30 still has 60% battery life remaining.

From experience, the only people who criticize BlackBerry's choice to feature a non-removable battery in the Z30 are those who don't own one. Every single person I know who owns one thinks they are amazing and doesn't mind the battery option at all. Myself included. Give it a go. Take the 'risk' and get a Z30. It's worth it.
    05-07-14 05:27 PM
    Except for when it decides to delete 3 months worth of emails out of the blue.

#believeinfilm
    BlackBerry has been unable to replicate your problem. I know that you had that problem but since your first thread ,I have been observing similar issues as yours on IPHONE ,Windows and Android devices. I don't know if you had the misfortune for it to occur and how widespread the issue was on BlackBerry. I was very concerned about this and it seems that the issue lies with the actual mail server i.e. Yahoo ,MSN ,Gmail etc etc ,this is from what I have gathered reading the other forums with disappearing emails.

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    05-07-14 05:29 PM
    I'm not going to go on. The Z30 is a fine phone that has many great features, but you can't pretend that it is the only phone that has them, because it definitely is not.

You're right, I knew as was typing it out these features aren't proprietary but of course when you only listen to half of what someone is saying and ignore the point they're trying to make it makes for a quick win on the internet.

I'm not trying to pretend that the Z30 is the only phone with HDMI out etc...so yes I should have chosen my language better. Can we move on?
    05-07-14 05:34 PM
    Phi,

Excuse my ignorance but till I read your reply I'd never heard of Smartglass. I did a quick Google search on it.

Do I need an Xbox to run Smartglass?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, SmartGlass is only for Xbox, however, on Windows Phone at least, there is a Remote Desktop app which is very nice.

Sent from my Lumia 928 using Tapatalk
    05-07-14 05:49 PM
    You're right, I knew as was typing it out these features aren't proprietary but of course when you only listen to half of what someone is saying and ignore the point they're trying to make it makes for a quick win on the internet.

I'm not trying to pretend that the Z30 is the only phone with HDMI out etc...so yes I should have chosen my language better. Can we move on?
    It's just Troy....you can type it anyway you want/wish/should and he will just bash it. The reason why we all have figured out by now.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 05:54 PM
    Yes, SmartGlass is only for Xbox, however, on Windows Phone at least, there is a Remote Desktop app which is very nice.

Thanks for clearing that up Aj,

The Smartglass won't be a lot of use to me then or anyone else travelling light, unless an Xbox is waiting at their destination.

The Windows desktop app looks good; but then is kind of the other way round to using your phone as the PC, in that once again a second machine is required but as a remote file grabber / actioner (I wonder can you command your PC to edit a photograph on its desktop on Photoshop for example?) looks sweet.
    05-07-14 06:01 PM
    Why ? If You really wanted a portables computer why Not use more upto date Technologies

me Smartglass iPhone Windows phone and Android all use It why Not bbry?

Its far superior with Remote Access of a device like a tv or console or computer no n�ed for a physical keyboard and You arent really platform restrictedas It uses your onscreen keyboard for input and your fingers and screen as output o ver wifi Not just for control o ver v�deos but apps and etc

Posted via CrackBerry App
    What....an xbox in my pocket and off I go?. Look, in my suitcase I put a micro HDMI cable, small bluetooth keyboard, and my z30 in my pocket. Now I can travel light as can be. Hit the hotel, plug in to tv and I have my computer. If i need my desktop at work, remote in and voila. Again I know you have never owned a z30, nor do you know it's capabilities, yet you come to a BlackBerry site to offer negative advice to anything BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    lynxs_claw and moody like this.
    05-07-14 06:01 PM
    Thanks for clearing that up Aj,

The Smartglass won't be a lot of use to me then or anyone else travelling light, unless an Xbox is waiting at their destination.

The Windows desktop app looks good; but then is kind of the other way round to using your phone as the PC, in that once again a second machine is required but as a remote file grabber / actioner (I wonder can you command your PC to edit a photograph on its desktop on Photoshop for example?) looks sweet.
    Either way the PC is involved so there will always be a 2nd device. And yes, you can edit a photo and open apps, and pretty much anything.

05-07-14 06:06 PM
    BlackBerry has been unable to replicate your problem. I know that you had that problem but since your first thread ,I have been observing similar issues as yours on IPHONE ,Windows and Android devices. I don't know if you had the misfortune for it to occur and how widespread the issue was on BlackBerry. I was very concerned about this and it seems that the issue lies with the actual mail server i.e. Yahoo ,MSN ,Gmail etc etc ,this is from what I have gathered reading the other forums with disappearing emails.

Posted via CB10
    Wrong, why would my email server also delete all my SMS from my device?

#believeinfilm
    05-07-14 06:08 PM

And BB10 has remote desktop which is very nice.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 06:10 PM
    Anyone saying BB10 doesnt have the best email/messaging is an donkey.

Posted via CB10
    It doesn't, it doesn't even have full push email support only on receive. All of the other phones do. K9 Mail on Android does more than BlackBerry email.

Posted via my Q10
    05-07-14 06:14 PM
    The battery on the Z30 can be replaced if it goes bad, they made the battery non removable to reduce space and cost. If you have a bad battery go to a cell phone repair shop and have it replaced. I have never heard of a Z30 battery going bad i must say!
    05-07-14 06:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    I never said it didn't...however, isn't BlackBerry's integrated with the file manager?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    05-07-14 06:15 PM
    Either way the PC is involved so there will always be a 2nd device. And yes, you can edit a photo and open apps, and pretty much anything.

Why is there a second or involved. Yes if I want to use my inventor of course. But for Web browsing, answering emails, typing letters, excel spreadsheets, creating power point type presentations using BlackBerry Express, editing photos, creating memory videos using Story Maker, etc.......why would there "always be a second pc". I live off my z30. Rarely use my laptop at home. Get a z30 AJ and get with it.

Posted via CB10
    niss63 likes this.
    05-07-14 06:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    You did mention that you were on meds for your knee issue, perhaps user problem? I'm curious believe me, especially as you have posted, it was and is a concern of mine and I have also been monitoring the theme. Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 06:19 PM
    Why is there a second or involved. Yes if I want to use my inventor of course. But for Web browsing, answering emails, typing letters, excel spreadsheets, creating power point type presentations using BlackBerry Express, editing photos, creating memory videos using Story Maker, etc.......why would there "always be a second pc". I live off my z30. Rarely use my laptop at home. Get a z30 AJ and get with it.

Posted via CB10
    I'm saying that when you use remote desktop you're always involving a second device...your PC.

05-07-14 06:20 PM
    There are lots of posts in this thread regarding the good and bad aspects of BlackBerry against others

I'd like to give my opinion on one.

Email - bb10 has the best email with hub. I've used both android and iPhone in the past. With android, I spent countess hours looking for the best email/calendar app that will work with my 3 accounts - Gmail, icloud and a Microsoft exchange account. There isn't a perfect program that does instant push, show all email folders in the server, quick and speedy search of emails that are a year old and gives you perfect calendar sync with all 3 accounts.

CloudMagic on android comes close but it saves all the emails on their server which I don't like

Z30 is by far is the best phone to get things done IMO. It just works!!

Posted via CB10
    Playbook007 likes this.
    05-07-14 06:22 PM
    The battery on the Z30 can be replaced if it goes bad, they made the battery non removable to reduce space and cost. If you have a bad battery go to a cell phone repair shop and have it replaced. I have never heard of a Z30 battery going bad i must say!
    AJ.....its ok....get a z30. The people around you may mock you, but once you learn BB10 and the z30 personally, their comments will run off you like water on a ducks back. I can't sit here and describe in detail to you all the features and talents of the z30. Find them out for yourself personally by owning one. Now if you never will buy, try a z30, why do you visit a BlackBerry site all the time.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 06:28 PM
    Sorry Crazy Mazy....that was a response to AJ.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 06:30 PM
    AJ.....its ok....get a z30. The people around you may mock you, but once you learn BB10 and the z30 personally, their comments will run off you like water on a ducks back. I can't sit here and describe in detail to you all the features and talents of the z30. Find them out for yourself personally by owning one. Now if you never will buy, try a z30, why do you visit a BlackBerry site all the time.

Posted via CB10
    I don't want a Z30. I have no interest in one. The screen alone turns me away, and that is the icing on the cake which did it. The camera is unimproved over the Z10 (if not worse because of the auto focus issues), and the processor isn't much of an upgrade either. And why do I visit the site? Oh I don't know...I own a Z10, and I've been active here for years.

Septembersrain likes this.
    05-07-14 06:34 PM
    We keep ordering through Rogers as we switch our company from z10 and Legacy devices to z30 devices. They keep showing up so they must still be making them. Honestly, I think the sales volumes are keeping up with BlackBerry ability to produce them, and that ability is not huge numbers on a monthly basis. So why advertise when you can't produce any faster and it will just attract more media bashing on a large scale.
    Every Z30 that will probably ever be made was manufactured in June/July of 2013 by Jabil Circuit for BB - BB had designed the phone and put it on their roadmap about 16-18 months before that (typical time-frame), and built the models they'd need for the carriers who agreed to take them (only Verizon in the US). All of the components for the Z30 were contracted for by around 1Q13 (actual, not fiscal).

The point being: if the phones go "out of stock", it isn't because BB is "behind in producing them" - they were all produced 10 months ago. Big wholesalers will order a batch from BB, and retailers will order a smaller batch from a wholesaler, so if that retailer "runs out", it just means that they've run out of the last batch that they ordered from the wholesaler. The retailer may have only ordered 500 or 1,000, or they might have ordered 10,000 or even 100,000 (unlikely in BB's case, but very possible for, say, the S5), but again, this has nothing to do with how many devices the actual manufacturer (or their contract OEM) has produced.

Just because a restaurant runs out of roast chicken one night doesn't mean that they won't have roast chicken tomorrow, or that their food supplier ran out of chicken, much less that the farms have run out. It just means the restaurant didn't order enough to cover the demand for chicken over the 2-3 days between food orders. Same idea.
    ajst222 and LonelyTylenoL like this.
    05-07-14 06:45 PM
379 ... 34567 ...