I honestly thought some of you would have gotten tired and left by now......though I did remember a memo Kevin sent out on the New Year...it seems as if there is a lot of cleaning still to be done....trolls acting like voices of reason are still trolls...but then what do I know--I just post here
    So... everyone could be a troll, and you are the judge.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2234
    05-14-14 12:06 AM
    Z30 is overlooked by BlackBerry because BlackBerry is again in transition, from Thor 's heads-on strategy in consumer market to Chen 's survival mode strategy in enterprise market. In this transition phase, BlackBerry spends no money in marketing for consumer markets.

Z30 is overlooked by consumers because consumers have never heard of it.

Z30 is overlooked by carriers because BlackBerry phone doesn't sale and BlackBerry is not making efforts to change that at this point. Again, whoever cares the most should make the effort to change it, carriers don't feel they are the ones care the most.

Z30 is not overlooked by CB nation but CB nation is such a minority that it changes nothing.

The path with the least resistance right now for BlackBerry is to rely on Chen and hope his survival strategy works. All the other paths represent higher risk. And that doesn't mean the current path is low risk, it only means it has lower risk than other options.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2234
    05-14-14 12:22 AM
    Oh man, this argument. And that's why the Z30 is overlooked...because people want apps.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    this is a segment of the overall discussion and actually didn't talk about why the z30 was overlooked. The guy was talking about how his battery last long while iPhone users don't. Obviously that's a win.for z30. The app debate is a win for iphone.. but since there is a plausible reach around then it isn't really a win. Depends I guess on the savviness of the user

Posted with zee flicking coolest smartphone evah
    05-14-14 12:28 AM
    I can't say I or anyone else finds new apps in a magazine, but there is still a sizeable app gap with the Z30. I dont use snapchat or instagram, so it doesn't bother me.

Posted via CB10
    Just get the android versions.....work fine. There is almost no app gap.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 04:59 AM
    Oh man, this argument. And that's why the Z30 is overlooked...because people want apps.

We have more apps than we can possibly use.......whats the problem? If BlackBerry had all the apps available in the world, you would still be whining all the same. All your comments are virtually useless.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 05:04 AM
    We have more apps than we can possibly use.......whats the problem? If BlackBerry had all the apps available in the world, you would still be whining all the same. All your comments are virtually useless.

Posted via CB10
    No, if all the apps were in BlackBerry World, I would not be complaining. That's my whole argument over the app gap. The gap won't be closed unless the apps are in the store where joe schmoe consumer can get to them.

05-14-14 05:41 AM
    this is a segment of the overall discussion and actually didn't talk about why the z30 was overlooked. The guy was talking about how his battery last long while iPhone users don't. Obviously that's a win.for z30. The app debate is a win for iphone.. but since there is a plausible reach around then it isn't really a win. Depends I guess on the savviness of the user

Overall the iPhone wins there. However, for those who feel comfortable sideloading a 3rd party app store, then they don't care. But it would be the regular un-tech savy users who probably wouldn't want to do that.

05-14-14 05:49 AM
    No, if all the apps were in BlackBerry World, I would not be complaining. That's my whole argument over the app gap. The gap won't be closed unless the apps are in the store where joe schmoe consumer can get to them.

Between BBW, Snap, Amazon App Store & 1 Mobile Market, I can imagine there are too many apps out there people are desperate to have that aren't available.

For me personally, I have every app I HAVE To have: Square & BB & T, thesaurus & dictionary from Snap. Then I have all the apps I WANT to have from a combo of the above sources.

I was even able to use the smart tag on an invoice to pay my car registration.

Posted via CB10 - the app that may or may not exist
    05-14-14 05:54 AM
    Between BBW, Snap, Amazon App Store & 1 Mobile Market, I can imagine there are too many apps out there people are desperate to have that aren't available.

For me personally, I have every app I HAVE To have: Square & BB & T, thesaurus & dictionary from Snap. Then I have all the apps I WANT to have from a combo of the above sources.

I was even able to use the smart tag on an invoice to pay my car registration.

Posted via CB10 - the app that may or may not exist
    So you have four app stores to do what the others can do with one. That is the issue and will prevent adoption of BB10 in any volume until it is resolved.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    ajst222, DINGSTER1 and Admorris like this.
    05-14-14 06:09 AM
    Just switched from Z10 to the Z30. And I agree with you, Why doesn't BlackBerry advertise this phone? The Z30 is superior to the Z10 in every way that I can see. I no longer worry about making the day with my phone dying on me. Just flew to Calgary for a business day trip yesterday, didn't pack a charger. No need. In fact, when I came home i didn't charge it and still haven't today (next day). Awesome phone. Worth upgrading to.

Posted via CB10
    I get my Z30 today and can't wait to not have to worry about my battery. I'll keep my spare Z10 battery and use it as an external battery pack for my Z30, but I don't expect to use it often.

Posted via my Z10
    05-14-14 06:27 AM

The iPhone battery life or android for that matter isn't bad enough to make any BlackBerry look great.

Posted via my Q10
    05-14-14 08:43 AM
    Overall the iPhone wins there. However, for those who feel comfortable sideloading a 3rd party app store, then they don't care. But it would be the regular un-tech savy users who probably wouldn't want to do that.

The pool of side loaded apps that work properly are slowly shrinking, because of google play services. As an example I tried to load the Groupon app the first thing I see when I load it is the gps requirement and the app stops after that.

Posted via my Q10
    05-14-14 08:47 AM
    The pool of side loaded apps that work properly are slowly shrinking, because of google play services. As an example I tried to load the Groupon app the first thing I see when I load it is the gps requirement and the app stops after that.

Posted via my Q10
    In my opinion, Google is making a big mistake. If I could use Google services on my BlackBerry, than they would be able to have more information on me. However, excluding me only prevents me from freely giving them my personal privacy information.

Posted via my ?30
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-14-14 09:12 AM

Of course people want apps, but that is not really the argument. It was battery life and someone interjected apps.

My point is that there is a work around for apps, but for battery life? Not so much.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 09:32 AM
    Of course people want apps, but that is not really the argument. It was battery life and someone interjected apps.

My point is that there is a work around for apps, but for battery life? Not so much.

Posted via CB10
    Don't worry Niss, they will always find a way to interject negativity, it's their job, don't you understand ?This is not a site for enthusiasts, it's for bashing BlackBerry, till the last user switches over to whomever the basher is being paid by ,just ignore them and move on.

Posted via CB10
    niss63 likes this.
    05-14-14 09:36 AM
    The iPhone battery life or android for that matter isn't bad enough to make any BlackBerry look great.

Posted via my Q10
    You're kidding, right?

Since switching to the Z30, I don't worry about carrying a charger with me, or if my phone will make it through the day.

On full brightness.

Using WiFi.

Bluetooth.

Email, with attachments.

BBM/Texting.

Social media.

Browsing.

Scanning and uploading.

Faxing.

Routing 90% of my business calls through my phone.

Doing almost everything on my phone.

The Z30 is not a laptop, but when I fire up the laptop, I have to dust it off.

But those in my business that chose iPhones (particularly) and Androids (to a lesser extent), don't ride their phone as hard as I do, and frequently run into dead battery issues, if they fail to pack a charger.

People are just used to how things are. I fell into this trap, too. I used to think the Z10 was great. I managed by carrying a spare battery and a charger with me, wherever I went. It's just how it was.

When I first started using the Z30, I continued carrying a charger. Just in case. But then I realized that I was just carrying it and that I wasn't using it.

So, one brave day, I left the charger in the backpack - and I made it through the day! It was liberating!

Now my charger waits on my night stand until bed time - I won't need it before then.

Once people realize what they are missing, then it'll be a big deal.

Posted via CB10
    spikesolie likes this.
    05-14-14 09:54 AM
    Don't worry Niss, they will always find a way to interject negativity, it's their job, don't you understand ?This is not a site for enthusiasts, it's for bashing BlackBerry, till the last user switches over to whomever the basher is being paid by ,just ignore them and move on.

Posted via CB10
    ajst222 and reeneebob like this.
    05-14-14 09:55 AM
    You're kidding, right?

Since switching to the Z30, I don't worry about carrying a charger with me, or if my phone will make it through the day.

On full brightness.

Using WiFi.

Bluetooth.

Email, with attachments.

BBM/Texting.

Social media.

Browsing.

Scanning and uploading.

Faxing.

Routing 90% of my business calls through my phone.

Doing almost everything on my phone.

The Z30 is not a laptop, but when I fire up the laptop, I have to dust it off.

But those in my business that chose iPhones (particularly) and Androids (to a lesser extent), don't ride their phone as hard as I do, and frequently run into dead battery issues, if they fail to pack a charger.

People are just used to how things are. I fell into this trap, too. I used to think the Z10 was great. I managed by carrying a spare battery and a charger with me, wherever I went. It's just how it was.

When I first started using the Z30, I continued carrying a charger. Just in case. But then I realized that I was just carrying it and that I wasn't using it.

So, one brave day, I left the charger in the backpack - and I made it through the day! It was liberating!

Now my charger waits on my night stand until bed time - I won't need it before then.

Once people realize what they are missing, then it'll be a big deal.

Posted via CB10
    It's a trade off I gave up my iPhone 5s for a Q10 for battery life and keyboard. I wish it wasn't such a big trade off... I appreciate my gains with BlackBerry and I can deal with side loading but I think I'm an exception. There are lots of ways to remedy the battery issues for android and ios, tons of battery cases for both platforms that work great.

Posted via my Q10
    niss63 likes this.
    05-14-14 10:04 AM

Fair enough

05-14-14 10:21 AM
    It's a trade off I gave up my iPhone 5s for a Q10 for battery life and keyboard. I wish it wasn't such a big trade off... I appreciate my gains with BlackBerry and I can deal with side loading but I think I'm an exception. There are lots of ways to remedy the battery issues for android and ios, tons of battery cases for both platforms that work great.

Posted via my Q10
    Battery cases are useless if you still want access to all those wonderful iPhone cases

05-14-14 10:23 AM
    Go ahead and buy it. I switched from android (Xperia z1) and don't regret one bit

BlackBerry hub is awesome. Best phone in the market when it comes to productivity - emails, text and all other regular communication stuff all in one place. Love it. Battery life is pretty good as well.

Go for it

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 10:42 AM
    It goes back to my initial comment.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post10326858

Users don't want to sideload, they want a seamless solution, which BB doesn't offer. They also expect all their apps to work, which isn't the case using that Android runtime. That's two pretty big strikes.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 10:42 AM
    It goes back to my initial comment.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post10326858

Users don't want to sideload, they want a seamless solution, which BB doesn't offer. They also expect all their apps to work, which isn't the case using that Android runtime. That's two pretty big strikes.
    Android has its own app installer file,ios has its own, bb10 has its own, symbian has its own. Don't expect apps from each ecosystem would work seamlessly on other platforms. That is why each platform has its own framework. Only java app installer is cross platform(jar & jad) and can be installed on most platform seamlessly. Users shout be lucky that BlackBerry add android runtime to be able to run android apps. Among many mobile Os's only two I know have android runtime.

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808
    05-14-14 11:08 AM
    I would have considered a Z30 if it came with a removable battery, but it didn't. So I will just be sticking with a Q10 for now.

One thing I learned from using various phones in the past is that it is not a matter of whether a battery will go bad but is rather about WHEN the battery will go bad. Even if you don't use the phone at all, the battery keeps on degrading all by itself and more if you actually use the phone of course.

In the end, a gorgeous screen or a fast CPU does not matter for anything if it has a faulty battery that cannot be removed.
    But for me, I don't keep my phones that long to worry about it.

Yes it's a BlackBerry. If you have something bad to say... speak to Easton!
    05-14-14 11:15 AM
    Rolleyes, it's the truth, why would anyone not a BlackBerry user come on here and continue the bashing of a device which according to them is no good! It's mighty important for them to get that across? I think getting a life would be better, roll eyes!

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 12:30 PM
379 ... 1011121314 ...