I personally think it's not good to bash any product when you haven't used it yourself.

I have had multiple phones across all platforms.

I think it's only fair to be unbiased in your opinion and have it be based on your experience.

Just my feelings on it.

Sent from the Berry via Tapatalk.
    andy957 likes this.
    05-09-14 10:43 AM
    Really? So I can't say anything about an iPhone or Android because I haven't owned one? You better get on a lot of people around here then because I see plenty of derogatory comments about those platforms from people that have never owned them.
    Negative comments should be limited to what you know. I'm of the opinion that ignorance should not be flaunted.

Posted via CB10
    Playbook007 likes this.
    05-09-14 11:07 AM
    I like the size and I like big phones, but the screen was the major turnoff which made me overlook it. I hear people say things like "I had a Z10 and loved the screen, but the tradeoff for a better battery was worth it" which I don't get because this is supposed to be a flagship phone. You shouldn't need to make tradeoffs for flagship phones.
    Please tell everyone "just one more time"!

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 11:13 AM
    Negative comments should be limited to what you know. I'm of the opinion that ignorance should not be flaunted.

Posted via CB10
    According to some if you haven't owned something you know nothing about it. Not sure how that works but I feel I know a bit about android and iOS and have never owned either
    05-09-14 11:38 AM
    Android is for dumb dumbs...iphone for kids...BlackBerry is for productive, efficiency and intelligent people...haha...so there!!!

Rocking the Z30 Regina SK Canada
    Sailfish, ubuntu, symbian is for geeky

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808
    spikesolie likes this.
    05-09-14 11:43 AM
    I've had several androids, a palm, an iPhone and this is my 3rd blackberry. IMO, blackberries strength is also what makes many ppl pass on it..... Blackberry puts phone function first, and frills second, for those of us who appreciate that, we love it. Most pp, though want a toy that also has phone function. Games, silly apps, cute themes etc.
    05-09-14 12:18 PM
    Overlooked �verb (used with object)

to fail to notice, perceive, or consider:

Again, I would say they are perfectly qualified to answer such a question. You will find a number of varied answers the objectivity of which could be questioned but the thread in general isn't seeking objectivity, it's asking why we ignored the z30.

Had the OP asked "why did you pass on the Z 30 after test driving it" I might tend to agree with you.

How could they know to answer such a question, if it were truly overlooked.

The issue is that people who haven't really used the device and who haven't made any attempt to be objective, come into threads like this one and cite a few specs, thinking that they have something to share.

The reality is that they only have a partially informed opinion based on what they've read and noticed while playing with a phone at the store - if one was available.

If you haven't used the phone, then limit your comments to what you know objectively, and be clear when inserting your subjective opinion. If you come in here saying the phone sucks based on the specs, but you haven't actually used one, expect some backlash to your trollish behavior.

Posted via CB10

Twitter: xandermac
    05-09-14 12:25 PM
    According to some if you haven't owned something you know nothing about it. Not sure how that works but I feel I know a bit about android and iOS and have never owned either
    Knowing a bit and having experience with something are two very different things. Similar to graduating with a degree vs. having work experience using that degree.

The important thing is to know the limitations of what you know before offering criticism of the device.

I'll be the first to admit that simply reading the specs would lead one to believe that the Z30 isn't that great of a device. Ok, but not great. In fact, that's why I held off on getting one for as long as I did.

I liked having a replaceable battery because I had used the 9900, Z10 and iPhone, which were always needing a charge or a swap to get through the day. I figured that's just the way it is.

I didn't want the bigger screen with its dimmer display. I had dealt with phones that were too dim to read in the sunlight, and I didn't want that problem.

And who needs stereo speakers on a phone? Or miracast? I mean, really?

The Z30 just didn't look like it had it together spec/feature wise. Not enough to spend $500 on it.

But then on a whim, I purchased one. I started using it and was surprised. And surprised again. And again.

The phone doesn't seem to know that it doesn't have the best specs. It performs like a champ. It's small enough to fit in my pocket, yet big enough for more comfortable viewing of documents, emails, etc. The screen that didn't seem bright enough is always easy to read. The battery life is excellent - I can't imagine wanting to carry a spare battery again. And the speakers are awesome. Miracast is an excellent feature.

It seems that so much of this phone just works so well internally. It doesn't need the top of the line specs to perform like a top of the line device.

Knowing stuff is information. Experiencing stuff is knowledge.
    05-09-14 03:25 PM
    I like the size and I like big phones, but the screen was the major turnoff which made me overlook it. I hear people say things like "I had a Z10 and loved the screen, but the tradeoff for a better battery was worth it" which I don't get because this is supposed to be a flagship phone. You shouldn't need to make tradeoffs for flagship phones.
    Thank you! A 1080 AMOLED screen wouldn't have been this horrific drain on battery compared to 720, and it would have put it more in the running against the other flagship devices. And it would have had a greater PPI than the Z10, the old flagship. Other devices have been getting increasing pixels, other specs, and battery life.

Posted via CB10
    ajst222 likes this.
    05-09-14 03:30 PM
    My biggest question is, if people responding here don't own a BB10 device or does not use/need/like them. Then why are you here?

Move on. Get out of the house. Get out of the forums and let those who are here to use/enjoy/discuss our BlackBerry devices/Z10-30-Q10-5 etc etc, talk amongst ourselves about what we are using at the current time.
    Maybe we should consider a rule restricting membership, and posting, to only those persons who currently own or use a Z30.
    Of course, if someone SAID he owned a Z30 but still said something objectionable about it, well, we would have to VERIFY his ownership.

Such a discussion space would be sooo much better. And sooo much less untidy.
    05-09-14 07:27 PM
    Maybe we should consider a rule restricting membership, and posting, to only those persons who currently own or use a Z30.
    Of course, if someone SAID he owned a Z30 but still said something objectionable about it, well, we would have to VERIFY his ownership.

Yes

Zee coolest flicking smartphone ever
    05-09-14 08:06 PM

Yes

No
    05-10-14 07:07 AM
    Knowing a bit and having experience with something are two very different things. Similar to graduating with a degree vs. having work experience using that degree.

The important thing is to know the limitations of what you know before offering criticism of the device.

I'll be the first to admit that simply reading the specs would lead one to believe that the Z30 isn't that great of a device. Ok, but not great. In fact, that's why I held off on getting one for as long as I did.

I liked having a replaceable battery because I had used the 9900, Z10 and iPhone, which were always needing a charge or a swap to get through the day. I figured that's just the way it is.

I didn't want the bigger screen with its dimmer display. I had dealt with phones that were too dim to read in the sunlight, and I didn't want that problem.

And who needs stereo speakers on a phone? Or miracast? I mean, really?

The Z30 just didn't look like it had it together spec/feature wise. Not enough to spend $500 on it.

But then on a whim, I purchased one. I started using it and was surprised. And surprised again. And again.

The phone doesn't seem to know that it doesn't have the best specs. It performs like a champ. It's small enough to fit in my pocket, yet big enough for more comfortable viewing of documents, emails, etc. The screen that didn't seem bright enough is always easy to read. The battery life is excellent - I can't imagine wanting to carry a spare battery again. And the speakers are awesome. Miracast is an excellent feature.

It seems that so much of this phone just works so well internally. It doesn't need the top of the line specs to perform like a top of the line device.

Knowing stuff is information. Experiencing stuff is knowledge.
    So you're saying that I can't play with a Samsung phone in a store or one of my friends, look up things about it, read forum users issues and likes about them yet I can't comment on why I overlooked it? I would have to purchase and use one to find out I don't like it, I already knew this, and return it to comment on why I overlooked it?
    ajst222 likes this.
    05-10-14 07:12 AM
    What he's saying is that you can run a Bluetooth keyboard or usb keyboard into the Z30 and broadcast the display via HDMI or mircast onto a TV or monitor, so the phone is acting purely as processor and not wasting power on other functions.

IPhone was brought into the thread way back and is central to the whole debate it seems.
    I didn't know there was a bluetooth or usb keyboard! I'm gonna have to look into that.

I do, however, LOVE the Hdmi capabilities and use it quite often to stream movies and do presentations.

Posted via CB10 - the app that may or may not exist
    05-10-14 09:26 AM
    BlackBerry should be selling unlocked BlackBerry 10 smartphones direct to consumers, prosumers, and small businesses. Why do we need to buy from a wireless carrier? The carriers only responsibility is to provide a communications channel.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q5
    Except in my case as I wouldn't be able to afford one at their prices. Though I may be paying that much over the term of my two year contract. But not really b/c my monthly plan rate is the same whether I buy a phone or bring my own.

Plus no way I'd pay $600 for a phone. Heck I didn't even pay that for my laptop.

kbz1960, spikesolie and ajst222 like this.
    05-10-14 09:43 AM
    Except in my case as I wouldn't be able to afford one at their prices. Though I may be paying that much over the term of my two year contract. But not really b/c my monthly plan rate is the same whether I buy a phone or bring my own.

Plus no way I'd pay $600 for a phone. Heck I didn't even pay that for my laptop.

Only reason I got a z10 was because it was 200.if like apple it cost so much and they were doing well I wouldn't be able to afford

moody likes this.
    05-10-14 09:47 AM

Totally agree. It wouldn't make sense for BlackBerry to sell just direct. If they do, when people upgrade, they won't have any idea that BlackBerry is out there because they wont be offered through the carrier at a reduced upgrade price. The decreased availability and high prices would only hurt. BlackBerry needs their phones to be available at MORE places, not less.

Sent from my Lumia 928 using Tapatalk
    moody and kbz1960 like this.
    05-10-14 10:00 AM
    My biggest question is, if people responding here don't own a BB10 device or does not use/need/like them. Then why are you here?

Why do you make a point to take time out of your day to bash/talk down/compare to iOS-Android, BlackBerry and their devices.

Why bother wasting your time?

Do you people get a kick out of it? Jollies? Some sick self gratification that you are putting down something that you don't even have/need/want to use.

I really don't understand it.

Obviously spec fanatics will point out this that and the other thing about specs. App wh**res will point out this that and the other thing about lacking apps. BlackBerry haters will of course point out this that and the other thing about how BlackBerry refused their advances/feel **** hurt about how they were treated by the old legacy devices.

Move on. Get out of the house. Get out of the forums and let those who are here to use/enjoy/discuss our BlackBerry devices/Z10-30-Q10-5 etc etc, talk amongst ourselves about what we are using at the current time.

Posted via CB10
    Very valid statement! Couldn't agree more with you.

Posted via CB10
    Playbook007 likes this.
    05-10-14 10:50 AM
    So you're saying that I can't play with a Samsung phone in a store or one of my friends, look up things about it, read forum users issues and likes about them yet I can't comment on why I overlooked it? I would have to purchase and use one to find out I don't like it, I already knew this, and return it to comment on why I overlooked it?
    Really? That's your take on what I wrote?

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 04:11 PM
    Screen of Z10 is brighter and from what I saw from demos at the store has higher resolution than Z30
    I have both phones and I agree with your assessment. But I have to say that I love the Z30, the speakers are amazing.
    05-10-14 04:38 PM
    No I think he is saying, if you don't really know, but have only read/heard information that may not be accurate, or biased, or not as relevant to performance of the device such as hardware specs only with no regard to the OS, and then you feel you have the right to preach negative propaganda against the z30/Blackberry, well the you should think again.

Posted via CB10
    spikesolie and niss63 like this.
    05-10-14 06:33 PM
    But it is there flagship. Despite that the z10 was not that succesfulll would it not be better to set your goal to make your flagship a succes?? I read every where that the z30 is one of the best phones out there. The god of phones I read on this forum. So why no big marketing like Samsung or apple to get BlackBerry in the picture??

posted via my Z10 ?
    Because samsungs marketing budget is around 5 times the size of BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 09:37 PM
    No I think he is saying, if you don't really know, but have only read/heard information that may not be accurate, or biased, or not as relevant to performance of the device such as hardware specs only with no regard to the OS, and then you feel you have the right to preach negative propaganda against the z30/Blackberry, well the you should think again.

Posted via CB10
    The thing is, people can come here and say anything they like if it doesn't violate the forum rules. If you accept that and stop going out of your way to police longstanding members you might enjoy your time on here more.

This thread specifically asked why the Z30 was "overlooked". Look up the definition of "overlooked" and you'll see why your response is so ridiculous. Then, if you still have a problem, instead of aggression toward other members, use the report button.

kbz1960 and ajst222 like this.
    05-10-14 10:01 PM
    The thing is, people can come here and say anything they like if it doesn't violate the forum rules. If you accept that and stop going out of your way to police longstanding members you might enjoy your time on here more.

This thread specifically asked why the Z30 was "overlooked". Look up the definition of "overlooked" and you'll see why your response is so ridiculous. Then, if you still have a problem, instead of aggression toward other members, use the report button.

I think it's kind of common sense that if the OP wants to know why the Z30 was overlooked, it's best to hear from the people that actually overlooked it instead of those who rant on about how it's the best phone out there.

Sent from my Lumia 928 using Tapatalk
    xandermac and kbz1960 like this.
    05-10-14 10:15 PM

No one is trying to police anyone, no one is expressing aggression, and we all know the definition of overlooked. And yes, people are allowed to state most any comment they please. But others are equally allowed to call them on their comments. That's just how it works.

Posted via CB10
    Playbook007 and spikesolie like this.
    05-10-14 10:42 PM
379 ... 7891011 ...