Not sure if you know it or not, but there is no Sprint Z30 (no Z10 either) and no Z30 that handles all AT&T frequencies.
    Sprint's frequencies are a mess, and they didn't carry the devices in question. AT&T decided not to carry the Z30 and it just the one available will support everything on except their LTE band (which they had to give up a fair share of in the botched T-Mobile deal). T-Mobile just happened to be using freqs supported by Canadian carriers. BlackBerry needs to do a better job making more universal devices. Sprint and Verizon will always be outliers due to the CDMA networks.

They should be able to go down to much fewer variants but still cover everyone.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 03:07 PM
    What ridiculous response.

Posted using an ME173X
    Why is that a ridiculous response? It was in response to another response that was intended to agitate and to attract that very type of response.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 10:14 PM
    Because they don't want to fire sale the Z30? It's the new flagship smartphone. I personally don't see the appeal of the Z30.

Posted via my Q10
    Have you used one?

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 10:34 PM
    Not at all. The argument here is that we don't "need" the best and that is just complete ignorance. BlackBerry can't push out run of the mill (or sub-par or behind) devices. They need to make something that consumers will look at and think "this is a beast". Apple can compete on the experience, though it's not like they lack in the specs department if you really look at it. BlackBerry can't compete just on experience BECAUSE PEOPLE DON'T KNOW THE EXPERIENCE! In fact, the "BlackBerry experience" they remember is black clocks, freezing, lags, battery pulls, and the lack of apps (which still exists). They need something that consumers would actually look at.
    If customers bought on specs, I'd agree with you - BlackBerry needs the best specs. But they don't buy on specs - they buy for multiple reasons that basically boil down to user experience. I'm of the opinion that if people would actually pick up the Z30 and use it, they would be hooked in most cases.

The phone performs very well, even better than most.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 10:46 PM
    You are right. i don't have one, but have spent enough time with it to know about it.
    You don't have to own a Lamborghini to judge few points about it. Sorry, if i'm wrong.
    Apology accepted.

There is a huge difference between reading data and specs and actually driving the car. Same with phones.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 10:54 PM
    Build quality and screen size I totally agree, and the battery and speakers sound like great improvements over the Z10 as the Z10 doesn't excel by any means in those 2 areas. However, the screen quality is a MAJOR turnoff for me, along with the unimproved camera.

Sent from my Lumia 928 using Tapatalk
    Truth be told, I too was turned off by the Z30 display at first. Personally, I would have preferred a Z30 sized Z10 screen on the Z30 and taken the battery hit. And, to me, there appears to be a dark 'haze' over the Z30 display when compared to the Z10 display. Turns out I'm not a huge fan of SAMOLED displays. That being said, I acknowledge that there are tradeoffs as far as seeing more detail because the screen is bigger and less battery consumption. When watching HQ HD media, the difference seems negligible to me given the tradeoff of 'crispness' vs the ability to 'take in' more detail with the bigger screen. I don't think the Z30 display is terrible by any means, but I still think it sucks such a tradeoff has to be made. It's my one knock on the Z30. Everything else is as good or better than on the Z10, and I thought the Z10 was great, except for battery life. (even though mine would last 14 hours, usually) The sound is excellent on the Z30. I personally do not find the Z30 any faster than the Z10 unless the difference is in gaming, which I do much more of on the Z30 with its bigger display.
    Back to the topic, I've noticed at least a few articles by non BlackBerry people praising the Z30. I think its the Z30 that has quietly, slowly, but surely begun to gain BlackBerry some respect. Obviously, they will have to continue to improve and build on what they have to keep any positive momentum going. Here is a link to one of those articles I came across. It is also the subject of a thread here on CB. http://m.cio.com/article/751485/How_...rry_2014-04-25

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by leehardballer12; 05-09-14 at 12:39 PM.
    05-08-14 11:16 PM
    I love a thread like this one.

Reminds me of a thread about politics by hyperpartisans. Cracks me up.

The only difference is that Godwin's Law doesn't apply. Probably.
    Hitler used an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    LonelyTylenoL likes this.
    05-08-14 11:19 PM
    My biggest question is, if people responding here don't own a BB10 device or does not use/need/like them. Then why are you here?

Why do you make a point to take time out of your day to bash/talk down/compare to iOS-Android, BlackBerry and their devices.

Why bother wasting your time?

Do you people get a kick out of it? Jollies? Some sick self gratification that you are putting down something that you don't even have/need/want to use.

I really don't understand it.

Obviously spec fanatics will point out this that and the other thing about specs. App wh**res will point out this that and the other thing about lacking apps. BlackBerry haters will of course point out this that and the other thing about how BlackBerry refused their advances/feel **** hurt about how they were treated by the old legacy devices.

Move on. Get out of the house. Get out of the forums and let those who are here to use/enjoy/discuss our BlackBerry devices/Z10-30-Q10-5 etc etc, talk amongst ourselves about what we are using at the current time.

Posted via CB10
    niss63, spikesolie and Playbook007 like this.
    05-09-14 04:07 AM
    If customers bought on specs, I'd agree with you - BlackBerry needs the best specs. But they don't buy on specs - they buy for multiple reasons that basically boil down to user experience. I'm of the opinion that if people would actually pick up the Z30 and use it, they would be hooked in most cases.

The phone performs very well, even better than most.

Posted via CB10
    iPhone and Windows Phone users buy on experience and Android users buy on specs, though Windows Phone is getting more into the spec race as well. People buy BlackBerry for no reason, and that's the problem. Their devices will not turn eyes. People say BB10 has the best experience, and let's say that's true; no one knows. And no one will be inclined to buy a device by looks or specs. BlackBerry needs specs whether these people here think they really need them or not.

05-09-14 05:52 AM
    I think the OP meant overlooked by carriers, and probably didn't expect the scorn-pouring that followed.

I agree with WasabiGT. There is a big difference in one saying why they looked past a device (I think most people both fans of BB and other platforms know the reasons the Z30 isn't selling like an iPhone), and going out of one's way to make out that the device is completely redundant and that everyone using it is in someway deluded, when one HASN'T ACTUALLY USED THE DEVICE.
    Well why the carriers overlook a device is directly tied to why a consumer would overlook the device. It all comes down to if it'll sell.

05-09-14 05:54 AM
    I think it is perfectly okay to say what you think on the topic. It's okay to not like a certain feature or to really love another. These forums are here for us to be able to talk about these devices.

It's when things turn personal. People are attacked over signatures and their harmless opinions. That's when it becomes wrong and tasteless.

On that note, I'd like to try out a Z30 but I too was so enamored with my Z10's screen. So it's a bit of a letdown on the resolution and brightness. The camera doesn't bother me too much as I'm a rather lame duck with photography.

That being said, I think people should just enjoy everything that's available to them. Don't jump onto one thing and scream it's the greatest. Like good food or a good wine, you'll never get the experience if you never venture out and explore. ^_^

All of us here come from different walks of life. No matter how varying our opinions, we've got one thing in common...
    We're all here on this awesome site.

�Sent from a larger than life device using Tapatalk�
    05-09-14 05:55 AM
    Except this thread is about why the Z30 is overlooked (which means the negative) and those who don't own one can say why they looked past it...except all the sheep here shut down any reason and say how perfect the device is.

Seems that the truth disappoints you,too bad.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 05:56 AM
    iPhone and Windows Phone users buy on experience and Android users buy on specs, though Windows Phone is getting more into the spec race as well. People buy BlackBerry for no reason, and that's the problem. Their devices will not turn eyes. People say BB10 has the best experience, and let's say that's true; no one knows. And no one will be inclined to buy a device by looks or specs. BlackBerry needs specs whether these people here think they really need them or not.

Android is the no.1 operating system in the UK and I'll bet my house that the majority of those users couldn't care less about specs, and in fact would be completely unaware of the internals of their device. Not everyone on the outside world is as obsessive and geeky as us lot in here lol.

BB10 is very late to the party and now carriers aren't stocking it. For too long people were able to compare legacy devices to the latest and greatest from the other platforms. I really think the the majority of people don't go that deeply into it when they get a phone, which of course if they did they'd be enjoying a Z30
    kbz1960 and niss63 like this.
    05-09-14 06:01 AM
    Android is the no.1 operating system in the UK and I'll bet my house that the majority of those users couldn't care less about specs, and in fact would be completely unaware of the internals of their device. Not everyone on the outside world is as obsessive and geeky as us lot in here lol.

BB10 is very late to the party and now carriers aren't stocking it. For too long people were able to compare legacy devices to the latest and greatest from the other platforms. I really think the the majority of people don't go that deeply into it when they get a phone, which of course if they did they'd be enjoying a Z30
    Well BBRY is screwed. People don't buy specs but they buy experience. BBRY doesn't have specs and they don't have a full experience which includes apps, stupid apps, dumb apps, accessories and the like.

Don't shoot me, I have and use a Z30 and am happy with it. I do know many that would not be.
    ajst222 and Raddin like this.
    05-09-14 06:47 AM
    Well BBRY is screwed. People don't buy specs but they buy experience. BBRY doesn't have specs and they don't have a full experience which includes apps, stupid apps, dumb apps, accessories and the like.

Don't shoot me, I have and use a Z30 and am happy with it. I do know many that would not be.
    I know a lot of people will say to market it and it will all be fine, but if BlackBerry does that, then people will look into it, find out it doesn't have the apps they want, and then look elsewhere. The marketing would be a waste until BlackBerry has a true killer product which has apps.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-09-14 06:50 AM
    Android is for dumb dumbs...iphone for kids...BlackBerry is for productive, efficiency and intelligent people...haha...so there!!!

Rocking the Z30 Regina SK Canada
    Playbook007 likes this.
    05-09-14 07:22 AM
    Must mean there are a lot of dumb dumb and child CEO's
    Septembersrain likes this.
    05-09-14 07:24 AM
    Must mean there are a lot of dumb dumb and child CEO's
    Did I just state the obvious
    05-09-14 07:25 AM
    Wouldn't the best person to answer the question be the person that overlooked the Z30?

Yet another self anointed moderator...

My biggest question is, if people responding here don't own a BB10 device or does not use/need/like them. Then why are you here?
    ajst222 and kbz1960 like this.
    05-09-14 07:41 AM
    Wouldn't the best person to answer the question be the person that overlooked the Z30?

Plus people that don't know about it can't overlook it since they don't know about it in the first place

So the OP can only be answered by people that did in fact looked at it but in the end they decided on something else.

As for me, the size alone makes me overlook it, I don't like big phones.

#believeinfilm
    xandermac likes this.
    05-09-14 07:45 AM
    Plus people that don't know about it can't overlook it since they don't know about it in the first place

So the OP can only be answered by people that did in fact looked at it but in the end they decided on something else.

As for me, the size alone makes me overlook it, I don't like big phones.

#believeinfilm
    I like the size and I like big phones, but the screen was the major turnoff which made me overlook it. I hear people say things like "I had a Z10 and loved the screen, but the tradeoff for a better battery was worth it" which I don't get because this is supposed to be a flagship phone. You shouldn't need to make tradeoffs for flagship phones.
    05-09-14 07:51 AM

Sorry, but that does not dovetail with my experience.

The Androids in our fold were bought because the user picked up the phone and thought, "How Cool!"

The iPhones were chosen because of familiarity and a tinge of snob appeal.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 09:34 AM

How could they know to answer such a question, if it were truly overlooked.

The issue is that people who haven't really used the device and who haven't made any attempt to be objective, come into threads like this one and cite a few specs, thinking that they have something to share.

The reality is that they only have a partially informed opinion based on what they've read and noticed while playing with a phone at the store - if one was available.

If you haven't used the phone, then limit your comments to what you know objectively, and be clear when inserting your subjective opinion. If you come in here saying the phone sucks based on the specs, but you haven't actually used one, expect some backlash to your trollish behavior.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 09:47 AM

That being said, I think people should just enjoy everything that's available to them. Don't jump onto one thing and scream it's the greatest. Like good food or a good wine, you'll never get the experience if you never venture out and explore. ^_^
    The opposite problem is occurring here. People haven't tasted the food or wine, but are saying it is substandard by reading the ingredient list. If you haven't owned a Z30, you really aren't in a position to run it down.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 09:52 AM
    The opposite problem is occurring here. People haven't tasted the food or wine, but are saying it is substandard by reading the ingredient list. If you haven't owned a Z30, you really aren't in a position to run it down.

Posted via CB10
    Really? So I can't say anything about an iPhone or Android because I haven't owned one? You better get on a lot of people around here then because I see plenty of derogatory comments about those platforms from people that have never owned them.
    ajst222 and Raddin like this.
    05-09-14 10:34 AM
379 ... 678910 ...