@Belfastn how would you know, you've never used a Z30, have you?

Posted via CB10
    Don't have to, it's the same BB10 OS, and I've used a Z10 and a Q10.

Answer this: can I have more then one excel sheet and other docs open at the same time? Answer is no and that's a very poor PC for me. I won't even dig deeper then that.

#believeinfilm
    05-08-14 07:44 AM
    Don't have to, it's the same BB10 OS, and I've used a Z10 and a Q10.

Answer this: can I have more then one excel sheet and other docs open at the same time? Answer is no and that's a very poor PC for me. I won't even dig deeper then that.

#believeinfilm
    Z10 is not the z30. Does not have OTG so you can't read, backup, erase thumb drives.....for example you are on holidays in a foreign country. Kids memory card for his Go Pro is full. Z30 and the 5 inch cable reads the card, backs the files up onto my 64 gig memory card, erase the Go Pro card and the teenagers are happy....off back to scuba diving. Now you can't do that with a z10, and the iphone users that were with us.....well they still can't figure what happened. As for your multiple spreadsheets and in depth programming issues....most laptops will not run inventor efficiently either. But I was in Mexico with only my z30, bluetooth keyboard, HDMI cable to the resort tv and a wifi connection. No cell services. Remote to my desktop, ran inventor, I can open 20 excellent sheets, collaborate with my employees.....run my 45 employee company as if I was there. AGAIN.....you and all the others don't have a clue....sorry you just don't......you are blind with hate, you can't accept that BlackBerry has done something actually fantastic....so go without. I will be moving forward and beyond, you stay in the 2007 year.....You are going to say well other phones can do this....some can, but not with the smoothness and stability......my z30 has no malware, no lockups, it never crashes, it has great battery life.....it is simply the best electronic device I have ever owned.....

Posted via CB10
    juanjo322, RafiqK and spikesolie like this.
    05-08-14 08:34 AM
    Z10 is not the z30. Does not have OTG so you can't read, backup, erase thumb drives.....for example you are on holidays in a foreign country. Kids memory card for his Go Pro is full. Z30 and the 5 inch cable reads the card, backs the files up onto my 64 gig memory card, erase the Go Pro card and the teenagers are happy....off back to scuba diving. Now you can't do that with a z10, and the iphone users that were with us.....well they still can't figure what happened. As for your multiple spreadsheets and in depth programming issues....most laptops will not run inventor efficiently either. But I was in Mexico with only my z30, bluetooth keyboard, HDMI cable to the resort tv and a wifi connection. No cell services. Remote to my desktop, ran inventor, I can open 20 excellent sheets, collaborate with my employees.....run my 45 employee company as if I was there. AGAIN.....you and all the others don't have a clue....sorry you just don't......you are blind with hate, you can't accept that BlackBerry has done something actually fantastic....so go without. I will be moving forward and beyond, you stay in the 2007 year.....You are going to say well other phones can do this....some can, but not with the smoothness and stability......my z30 has no malware, no lockups, it never crashes, it has great battery life.....it is simply the best electronic device I have ever owned.....

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, so you need to have your desktop always on back home for that to work, no thank you, it's still a poor pc on it's own no matter what you say, my cheap and old HP netbook does a much better job your Z30 will ever do, the model you propose has been tried and failed so many times it's time to put it to rest.

#believeinfilm
    ajst222 likes this.
    05-08-14 09:01 AM
    +1

Had my Z10 since launch...loved it till the day I traded up to a Z30. Not once did I feel I wanted to look back. Z30 is awesome.

8520-->9700-->9300-->9700-->9900-->PB-->Z10-->Z30
    Playbook007 likes this.
    05-08-14 09:12 AM
    Yeah, so you need to have your desktop always on back home for that to work, no thank you, it's still a poor pc on it's own no matter what you say, my cheap and old HP netbook does a much better job your Z30 will ever do, the model you propose has been tried and failed so many times it's time to put it to rest.

#believeinfilm
    No my desktop $5000.00 Dell that is geared to run Inventor at work is on and always is, my new laptop with Windows 8 is nothing but a slow disaster between the updates that are always required, the virus software and all the other bloated crap on Windows......Laptops do not run Inventor worth a crap so still would need to go back to access my desktop......you run around with your old laptop and I will take my z30. enjoy 2007.

Posted via CB10
    juanjo322 and spikesolie like this.
    05-08-14 09:13 AM
    No my desktop $5000.00 Dell that is geared to run Inventor at work is on and always is, my new laptop with Windows 8 is nothing but a slow disaster between the updates that are always required, the virus software and all the other bloated crap on Windows......Laptops do not run Inventor worth a crap so still would need to go back to access my desktop......you run around with your old laptop and I will take my z30. enjoy 2007.

Posted via CB10
    My point exactly, it's your always on company $5000 Dell that does the work, do you expect regular consumers to have one at home?

Ridiculous.

#believeinfilm
    spikesolie likes this.
    05-08-14 09:21 AM
    My point exactly, it's your always on company $5000 Dell that does the work, do you expect regular consumers to have one at home?

Ridiculous.

#believeinfilm
    You get a thanks just because you make me laugh. Whether people can afford it or not doesn't erase the fact that the ability is there X,'D

Zee coolest flicking smartphone ever
    05-08-14 09:29 AM
    You get a thanks just because you make me laugh. Whether people can afford it or not doesn't erase the fact that the ability is there X,'D

I'm not disputing that ability which btw has always been there, I was accessing my desktop files from my 8320 back in the day.

The point is you can't offer the Z30 as a laptop replacement when it's reliant on a $5000 PC back home.

A small laptop will always be a better PC then a phone.

#believeinfilm
    ajst222 and Raddin like this.
    05-08-14 09:34 AM
    I think the main point in all this is that you can't call a Z30 (or any phone) a computer replacement or say that it has replaced your computer when you're still involving that computer.

Sent from my Lumia 928 using Tapatalk
    05-08-14 09:40 AM
    I think the main point in all this is that you can't call a Z30 (or any phone) a computer replacement or say that it has replaced your computer when you're still involving that computer.

Exactly, we said replacement not a satellite to the main computer.

#believeinfilm
    ajst222 likes this.
    05-08-14 09:41 AM
    Exactly, we said replacement not a satellite to the main computer.

#believeinfilm
    Definitely a big difference

05-08-14 09:42 AM
    I personally haven't used a laptop since I got my original iPad. My iPhone/iPad combo replaced it completely. I do have a Mac Mini server that handles all my media duties but my mobile devices talk to it wirelessly (in the background) so I never actually have to touch it either. My music, movies, apps, files, photos etc just end up on my devices without any need for input on my part.

I think if a company puts an ecosystem in place that just works, ie: everything is automated for you, then it's pretty easy to avoid having to use a computer. Luckily, Apple have such an ecosystem in place.
    05-08-14 09:58 AM
    Oh God.....the 2 have met. My z30 meets my laptop needs. My laptop sits idle. I rarely use it. I use it to rip music cd's since I have a large collection from the past. Now I just purchase online. So once that's done, don't think I will get another. By then maybe the z30 will fill in that feature with peripheral connections. As for "the average Joe". Well there is a good percentage that could get by on a z30 and bluetooth keyboard. They actually could. PS AJ.....how is the lumina? Kinda quells the rant you put on me for not identifying you as a BlackBerry user.....doesnt it?

Posted via CB10
    Nope. I use a Z10 as well. How dare I use multiple platforms, huh?
    05-08-14 10:02 AM
    That's all fine. I use what works for me. I'm not here to convince you otherwise. My point was that an entire Eco-system can make it possible to go laptop free, for me anyway.

I'm sure the z30 is a wonderful device full of possibilities. It doesn't run the apps necessary for me to do my job effectively but that might change in the future. With apps and ecosystem in place i'll reconsider blackberry in the future as I always loved using their devices.

Not everything has to be a "hands down" win, sometimes it's about using what meets your needs the best. So regardless of your little list there, my setup works for me.

Never said you didn't. Perhaps you just don't know what else is out there. Z30 all the way. Beats the iphone hands down. In fact BB10 on the z30 is leaving the iphone in the dust.....and yes you need your phone, your ipad, all the special cables, and an ecosystem set up just to do what my z30 can and you still will come up short.....OTG....not....nfc.....not.....hdmi out......not......miracast.....not.....dnla......n ot....simple file manager......not....connect as an external drive.....not....expandable memory....not......ok enough said.

Posted via CB10

Twitter: xandermac
    ajst222 likes this.
    05-08-14 10:18 AM
    I apologize for the plug. I've been here long enough I should know better I suppose. \IgnoreAllOtherPlatformModeOn There, all fixed...
    All good....take care.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 10:33 AM
    Before long the thread will be closed. What does it matter what someone has in their signature? That they didn't turn the dumb thing off like I did or change it? I mean I don't need my posts, email, communications all stating at the end "sent by my whatever who cares device". What if aj's sig did say sent from my BB? Would you read and react the same?
    05-08-14 10:34 AM
    Before long the thread will be closed. What does it matter what someone has in their signature? That they didn't turn the dumb thing off like I did or change it? I mean I don't need my posts, email, communications all stating at the end "sent by my whatever who cares device". What if aj's sig did say sent from my BB? Would you read and react the same?
    What phone you use should have nothing to do with anything.

05-08-14 10:36 AM
    Guys - what a member has in their signature does not matter any longer. Mobile Nations actively promotes and encourages members to visit and join discussions on ALL sites. We see 'sent from xxxxx' in signatures more and more on different sites and enjoy seeing members take part in discussions. Calling other member's out as trolls for something as simple as this is certainly not a good thing. As long as the conversations are civil all is good. Many users may be currently using another OS, but it doesn't mean they haven't used this one in the past (or may in the future for that matter).

Please be polite and civil in conversation. Yes, these forums are enthusiast sites but please remember signatures are only temporary and the phone you use is just a moment in time for your life.

Thanks!
    ajst222, xandermac, Raddin and 3 others like this.
    05-08-14 10:48 AM
    Then it would be very interesting to know the number of Z30 units Jabil Circuit made in the June/July 2013 time frame.

Who owns the inventory not yet at the retailers? Does Jabil Circuit still own any of it?
    No, BB owns that inventory. Jabil Circuit just did the manufacturing. They made the Z10s too, and others in the past.

You have phones in BB's warehouses, which get sold to wholesalers, which get sold to retailers, which get sold to customers.

BB would LOVE to sell out of Z30s - that would help justify a follow-up phone, and probably help sell off a bunch of the remaining Z10s.
    05-08-14 11:04 AM
    A small laptop will always be a better PC then a phone.

#believeinfilm
    Anyone who can replace their PC with a phone, probably never needed a PC in the first place.

I have several smartphones and a tablet, yet I still end up turning on either my desktop or laptop (some days both) every day.

Of the phones I do own, BlackBerry phones are the most dependant on PCs. So I don't see the point in trying to replace a PC with a BlackBerry when the BlackBerry depends on a PC for things like data backups, restores and OS leaks.

BlackBerry Link is enough proof that a BlackBerry 10 can't replace a PC. Can a BlackBerry run BlackBerry Link? Heck, with Android, you can run ADB from one Android device to service another Android device. These tasks include performing backups, restores, rooting and pushing updates.

So if anything, isn't Android much closer to being a PC replacement than BB10 is anyway?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-08-14 11:14 AM
    Anyone who can replace their PC with a phone, probably never needed a PC in the first place.

I have several smartphones and a tablet, yet I still end up turning on either my desktop or laptop (some days both) every day.

Of the phones I do own, BlackBerry phones are the most dependant on PCs. So I don't see the point in trying to replace a PC with a BlackBerry when the BlackBerry depends on a PC for things like data backups, restores and OS leaks.

BlackBerry Link is enough proof that a BlackBerry 10 can't replace a PC. Can a BlackBerry run BlackBerry Link? Heck, with Android, you can run ADB from one Android device to service another Android device. These tasks include performing backups, restores, rooting and pushing updates.

So if anything, isn't Android much closer to being a PC replacement than BB10 is anyway?
    Nah I don't see it

05-08-14 12:16 PM
    Z30 Overlooked makes no sense was the thread! Now z30 replaces PC's is the topic......I don't think the z30 replaces PC's.......and I don't recall anyone saying that.....they said laptop....Laptops are viewed as a mobile PC's but they lack in horsepower and customization.....eg high end graphics cards, expandable ram etc.......for the most part. The z30, for a lot of users can replace their laptops for most of their day to say use......their are lots of people who buy laptops to simply browse the Web, share photos with family, Skype etc. They don't do much else......hence the z30 can easily replace their laptop.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 12:39 PM
    No, BB owns that inventory. Jabil Circuit just did the manufacturing. They made the Z10s too, and others in the past.

You have phones in BB's warehouses, which get sold to wholesalers, which get sold to retailers, which get sold to customers.

BB would LOVE to sell out of Z30s - that would help justify a follow-up phone, and probably help sell off a bunch of the remaining Z10s.
    Any idea how many Z30 phones were made in that one production run? What's your best guess?

1 million?
    05-08-14 01:16 PM
    Z30 Overlooked makes no sense was the thread! Now z30 replaces PC's is the topic......I don't think the z30 replaces PC's.......and I don't recall anyone saying that.....they said laptop....Laptops are viewed as a mobile PC's but they lack in horsepower and customization.....eg high end graphics cards, expandable ram etc.......for the most part. The z30, for a lot of users can replace their laptops for most of their day to say use......their are lots of people who buy laptops to simply browse the Web, share photos with family, Skype etc. They don't do much else......hence the z30 can easily replace their laptop.

Posted via CB10
    That's a really long way of saying that I'm right.

PC stands for personal computer. The form factor or size doesn't all of a sudden change the fact that your laptop is your personal computer. Laptops are PCs. And if all you need a PC for is the web browser, than you really never needed a PC to begin with.
    ajst222 likes this.
    05-08-14 01:53 PM
    I love a thread like this one.

Reminds me of a thread about politics by hyperpartisans. Cracks me up.

The only difference is that Godwin's Law doesn't apply. Probably.
    05-08-14 02:24 PM
379 ... 56789 ...