Want to know why BB is/will go under?

I have spent... outside of a couple of phone calls, the whole day today trying to buy a Z30. I might now, maybe, have one on order. No less than 6 Verizon employees at two different locations locally not only could not sell me a Z30 (out of stock) but all of them insisted that I did not want a Blackberry. One, an assistant manager said that I was 'stupid' for wanting a new Blackberry.

Verizon is doing nothing but fast walking BB to the grave...
    That sounds like a nice consumer complaint right there...

Posted via CB10
    moody and donmateo like this.
    05-22-14 07:14 AM

I have spent... outside of a couple of phone calls, the whole day today trying to buy a Z30. I might now, maybe, have one on order. No less than 6 Verizon employees at two different locations locally not only could not sell me a Z30 (out of stock) but all of them insisted that I did not want a Blackberry. One, an assistant manager said that I was 'stupid' for wanting a new Blackberry.

So the only carrier in the USA that even bothered carrying the Z30 is the one hurting BBRY? OK?
    EchoesFX and leehardballer12 like this.
    05-22-14 07:39 AM

I'm calling BS. If an assistant manager actually said that to you, it would get them in a world of crap and be grounds for a customer to demand all sorts of things from retention to stop them from canceling.

Besides, it doesn't benefit them one bit to be a DB like that. Salespeople love the kind of lapper sale where a customer comes at them knowing they want to purchase a high priced product without them having to do anything but shut up and take your money.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 12:11 PM
    I received the VZW marketing email offer to move up to the Z30. I went down to the VZW store in the South Center Mall in Tukwila WA and nothing had changed. Now there was "ZERO" BBRY product displayed in the store.
    Just couple months ago I stopped by the Verizon store at The Landing there by Boeing and they had a working Z30 on display next to a sample Q10. Lot of bad experiences at the Tukwila store...
    05-22-14 12:36 PM
    That sounds like a nice consumer complaint right there...

Posted via CB10
    Well I got the Z30 yesterday. 'Happy' with it so far... lots to get used to, lots more to do to it yet before it's "mine"

Went to a 3rd Verizon location to get it activated. They were only benignly clueless as they asked every employee if they had ever 'worked on' a Blackberry. No one had... And please understand this is the largest Verizon store in the area, in a very up market suburb of the city... no hole in the wall in the middle of nowhere.

The brave soul that finally took it on... took him about an hour and three phone calls to someone outside the store to get it on the network. They then could not transfer anything over for me... one of the reasons why my Z30 is still a work in progress...

I did come home and within the next hour got BB Link up and running... now I have all my contacts, appointments etc. on the Z30. Once I got that done, download a few apps from BB World and I'm about 80% there.

One last note on "Customer service" I have detailed all this in emails to Verizon. As of today, I haven't even received an automatic reply. I think they don't care... or like the AM at the 3rd store when I told him of the 'stupid' remark: "Oh I'm sure that didn't happen."
    moody and 00stryder like this.
    05-24-14 10:13 AM
    So the only carrier in the USA that even bothered carrying the Z30 is the one hurting BBRY? OK?
    If they don't stock it, and their people won't sell it... then yes. 100% of nothing is...?
    05-24-14 10:15 AM
    I'm calling BS. If an assistant manager actually said that to you, it would get them in a world of crap and be grounds for a customer to demand all sorts of things from retention to stop them from canceling.

Besides, it doesn't benefit them one bit to be a DB like that. Salespeople love the kind of lapper sale where a customer comes at them knowing they want to purchase a high priced product without them having to do anything but shut up and take your money.

Posted via CB10
    It's BB, they don't care... Oh she would have done most anything to get me to buy an iPhone... or Droid... or Galaxy... but since she knew she didn't have a Z30, and I wanted one... well... no money in her pocket = I'm stupid.
    05-24-14 10:16 AM
    Well I got the Z30 yesterday. 'Happy' with it so far... lots to get used to, lots more to do to it yet before it's "mine"

Went to a 3rd Verizon location to get it activated. They were only benignly clueless as they asked every employee if they had ever 'worked on' a Blackberry. No one had... And please understand this is the largest Verizon store in the area, in a very up market suburb of the city... no hole in the wall in the middle of nowhere.

The brave soul that finally took it on... took him about an hour and three phone calls to someone outside the store to get it on the network. They then could not transfer anything over for me... one of the reasons why my Z30 is still a work in progress...

I did come home and within the next hour got BB Link up and running... now I have all my contacts, appointments etc. on the Z30. Once I got that done, download a few apps from BB World and I'm about 80% there.

One last note on "Customer service" I have detailed all this in emails to Verizon. As of today, I haven't even received an automatic reply. I think they don't care... or like the AM at the 3rd store when I told him of the 'stupid' remark: "Oh I'm sure that didn't happen."
    Sounds like you had more trouble then I did getting my verizon z30 activated on AT&T. I made a phone call and took 5 minutes.

But hey! Congrats and welcome to the Z30 cult..... I mean group lol

Posted via CB10 - the app that may or may not exist
    leehardballer12 likes this.
    05-24-14 01:15 PM
    My experience with VZW was the opposite and I came from ATT. Walked in to their store on Third Avenue and 69th Street in NYC. Z30 was on display next to Z10 & Q10. Played with it for five minutes and said I wanted one. Sales person apologized and said only available on line. Ordered that afternoon and it was in my hands the next pm. Called VZW to activate (could not have been more helpful) and in 2 minutes was up and running. YMMV, apparently.
    moody and leehardballer12 like this.
    05-24-14 07:07 PM
    It's BB, they don't care... Oh she would have done most anything to get me to buy an iPhone... or Droid... or Galaxy... but since she knew she didn't have a Z30, and I wanted one... well... no money in her pocket = I'm stupid.
    Well, if she *actually* called you stupid, then you should have immediately called the retention department and threatened to cancel. Once they ask why, tell them what she said. She WILL get in trouble and you will probably get a discount on the monthly rate. Employee rudeness is why my bill got sliced in half by retention.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-14 09:00 PM
    Wow. I ordered mine from amazon, got it, put the SIM in, turned it on and it activated.
    05-25-14 06:20 AM
    I switched to Edge and ordered two Z30's online on the 19th, showed that it was back ordered and ETA was the 27th of May. Got one on the 21st and the other on the 23rd.
    moody likes this.
    05-25-14 12:40 PM
    Fixed it for you. BlackBerry devices sold by Verizon (the LTE-capable ones, at least) are all unlocked, but only work on CDMA networks.

Posted via CB10
    Well since they don't sell unlocked cdma ones I thought that was implied

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    05-25-14 07:36 PM

I went to try out a live Z30 at several Verizon store locations before upgrading from the Z10. There was a full understanding that the Z30 was not going to be stocked at Verizon stores after the Z10 sales debacle. It was abundantly clear that the Z30 was only available to order online, which I have done several times in my time with Verizon. It is shipped to your home, office, or wherever you designate. Once you get it, it is a matter of a simple 5 minute phone call to activate it. Come to think of it, with a 4G device it was as simple as putting in the 4G SIM card to activate. And it comes with simple, easy to understand directions to activate yourself.
    My point is, there was absolutely no reason to go to Verizon stores to pick fights with sales people when you could have made getting a Z30 a painless and efficient process that took minutes, not hours.
    As far as Verizon bringing BlackBerry down, I can only chuckle as the only marketing I have ever seen for the Z10 and the Z30 has come from Verizon. When BlackBerry decides to get in the game and actually market their fine products, then maybe people can complain about carriers "not doing enough" to help BlackBerry.
    LonelyTylenoL likes this.
    05-25-14 10:47 PM
    I went to try out a live Z30 at several Verizon store locations before upgrading from the Z10. There was a full understanding that the Z30 was not going to be stocked at Verizon stores after the Z10 sales debacle. It was abundantly clear that the Z30 was only available to order online, which I have done several times in my time with Verizon. It is shipped to your home, office, or wherever you designate. Once you get it, it is a matter of a simple 5 minute phone call to activate it. Come to think of it, with a 4G device it was as simple as putting in the 4G SIM card to activate. And it comes with simple, easy to understand directions to activate yourself.
    My point is, there was absolutely no reason to go to Verizon stores to pick fights with sales people when you could have made getting a Z30 a painless and efficient process that took minutes, not hours.
    As far as Verizon bringing BlackBerry down, I can only chuckle as the only marketing I have ever seen for the Z10 and the Z30 has come from Verizon. When BlackBerry decides to get in the game and actually market their fine products, then maybe people can complain about carriers "not doing enough" to help BlackBerry.
    1) It was never 'abundantly clear' to me... nor at any time did Verizon personal in store make that statement... they were to busy trying to not sell me a Z30.
    2) I did get it on-line.
    3) Why is it that when one wants the same service as anyone else (activation in store) you must point out that I should just shut up and go home to so it (mess it up) myself.

No amount of marketing is going to matter if the people in the store... the 'tip of the spear' are going to work everyday determined to sell something else.
    00stryder likes this.
    05-27-14 09:52 AM
    I went to my local Verizon store specifically for the EDGE program, I chose to upgrade my Z10 to Z30.... I endured constant nagging from the Verizon employee to convert me to android.
    After making my case to stay with blackberry the employee gave in and said, I'll be right back with your phone. Only to return with a Z10.... come to find out they didn't have one. He smiles and says... your in luck there is one two hours away at our seattle store. he looked as if I was going to give in and take a android home.... I said call em in seattle, I'm on my way....
    I traveled to Seattle and got my Z30 and took on a Mariners game.
    I have the last Z30 sold in Washington.
    Verizon is doing BlackBerry NOTHING to succeed.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 05:08 PM

Posted via CB10
    But that doesn't make a good crackberry post!!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    05-27-14 07:54 PM
    The nightmare experiences discussed in this thread are similar to what I'm finding here in Houston. I have a Z10 and wanted to hold a Z30 in my hand to get the feel and check out the display and the phone generally. So, living in a big city, I thought it'd be no sweat.

Wrong! I couldn't find a Z30 anywhere! It was incredibly shocking and then just frustrating. And Verizon is an exclusive "partner" regarding the Z30 in the States.

I can shed a little light on why sales people may be trying to get BlackBerry customers to switch to other brands. One big reason is fear of returns. Sales people hate processing returns, and they may construe BlackBerry as a risk. Also, there is lack of experience and expertise with BB10.

Posted via Z-10 100-3 running10.3.0.296/442 hybrid
    00stryder, kbz1960 and tsquare like this.
    05-27-14 11:22 PM
    I'm thinking abt jumping ship from AT&T to Verizon, so I stopped by the V-Store last night,...checking out their Plans, etc. I gave my name,..as usual and when called,...I asked to see a Z30,...at least I thought I asked if they had any Z30s. The V-Rep said, "No". He also added,..."we haven't had any since I've been here.". I said, whattaya mean?,...you have a Z30 on display! He said, I knew we had the Z10,...but didn't know we had a Z30 on display. This is amazing when personnel of your only carrier doesn't even know that they have the Z30! Truly Amazing!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by JMDBERRY; 06-02-14 at 09:41 PM.
    00stryder and tsquare like this.
    05-28-14 08:29 AM
    Looks like they have them back in stock on line.
    moody and 00stryder like this.
    05-28-14 11:23 AM
    I went to my local Verizon store specifically for the EDGE program, I chose to upgrade my Z10 to Z30.... I endured constant nagging from the Verizon employee to convert me to android.
    After making my case to stay with blackberry the employee gave in and said, I'll be right back with your phone. Only to return with a Z10.... come to find out they didn't have one. He smiles and says... your in luck there is one two hours away at our seattle store. he looked as if I was going to give in and take a android home.... I said call em in seattle, I'm on my way....
    I traveled to Seattle and got my Z30 and took on a Mariners game.
    I have the last Z30 sold in Washington.
    Verizon is doing BlackBerry NOTHING to succeed.

Posted via CB10
    Can you tell me what VZW store you went in Seattle? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 06:24 AM
    Well...my wife has been using her Z30 for the last week now and loves it!

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    05-30-14 09:19 AM
    I went to 2 Verizon stores today to check out the Z30. First store told me over the phone they had one on display. Mid State Mall in East Brunswick, NJ - nothing was there... then they told me they might have one in a "safe" in the back of the store but no one had the "key" to the "safe".... then they told me no one buys blackberry's why don't you get something you would really like? then, went to the Verizon store in Spotswood, NJ and they told me they have not sold a blackberry in over a year and why would we want a phone like that ??? Nothing in stock; phones on backorder in the Verizon warehouse; no idea when the phones would be available. What ??? 2 stores both trying to deter me getting the phone I would like to buy. BB will never make it with VERIZON... VERIZON selling them down the drain. These kids in the stores only like phones with gaming features, social stuff, etc. I need this for my work life, my daily needs for organizations I belong to and work with but these young folks have no idea of great features offered. How else can I get a phone ? No date for delivery is even possible per both stores...
    05-31-14 07:28 PM
    I went to 2 Verizon stores today to check out the Z30. First store told me over the phone they had one on display. Mid State Mall in East Brunswick, NJ - nothing was there... then they told me they might have one in a "safe" in the back of the store but no one had the "key" to the "safe".... then they told me no one buys blackberry's why don't you get something you would really like? then, went to the Verizon store in Spotswood, NJ and they told me they have not sold a blackberry in over a year and why would we want a phone like that ??? Nothing in stock; phones on backorder in the Verizon warehouse; no idea when the phones would be available. What ??? 2 stores both trying to deter me getting the phone I would like to buy. BB will never make it with VERIZON... VERIZON selling them down the drain. These kids in the stores only like phones with gaming features, social stuff, etc. I need this for my work life, my daily needs for organizations I belong to and work with but these young folks have no idea of great features offered. How else can I get a phone ? No date for delivery is even possible per both stores...
    Online on the Verizon site??? The stores do not carry stock of this device. Never have....
    05-31-14 07:41 PM
    They still won't give me a $100 off. I'm about to just order it at $499. I watch a video of 25 tricks of the M8. Looks just like a z30 and kinda works like one. Iphone users should be embarrassed at how lame their phone is and how childish it looks lol. I wonder if BlackBerry 10 will be adding more swipes options when phone is in sleep mode.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 07:59 AM
50 12