Good news/bad news - my wife finally crossed the line so I went to upgrade her 9930 to a Z30 only to find them out of stock at Verizon. I'm happy to see the Z30s are selling...but now I need to find a Z30 for my wife. Amazon still has them...but I was thinking of giving the edge plan a try.

Posted via CB10
    wxmancanada, moody and 00stryder like this.
    05-12-14 06:22 AM
    That is good news. Also depends on how many they stocked to begin with.

At any rate, the Edge is the way to go
    Himanshu Mehta and 00stryder like this.
    05-12-14 06:59 AM
    Just buy it straight from Blackberry. That way all the funds go to BB.
    web99 and Himanshu Mehta like this.
    05-12-14 07:15 AM
    Good news/bad news - my wife finally crossed the line so I went to upgrade her 9930 to a Z30 only to find them out of stock at Verizon. I'm happy to see the Z30s are selling...but now I need to find a Z30 for my wife. Amazon still has them...but I was thinking of giving the edge plan a try.

Posted via CB10
    It doesn't matter they usually don't carry them in stock anyway. Just ask the store rep to order your Z30 (direct fulfillment) and it will come directly to the store. The reason you would want to go this route is if you want the store to C.Y.A if something should happen to your device. Wherever you get your Z30 that is where you will have to go if something should go wrong. I do recommend Amazon because they will have your back if you happen to get a faulty device. Amazing customer service from Amazon wireless! They're a Verizon authorized dealer and they took really good care of me!

Posted via my amazing, beautiful, and beastie Z30
    ajst222 likes this.
    05-12-14 07:55 AM
    Try online. I just ordered on Friday and they shipped Sat. I expect it either today or tomorrow. Plus, if you are into airline miles, go through the shopping portal to earn those. And also set up a chat and say you have a promo code "vzwdeal" for $50 off. They will give you a promo code to check out with. The Z30 is now $99 ($100 off) -$50 = $49.00 with upgrade.
    05-12-14 08:11 AM
    Thanks for the code. Online was where I found them out if stock. You must have ordered the last one on Friday.

Also chatted online with a Verizon rep...she didn't know when they would be back in stock. She told me to just keep checking back. There is a piece of me that is concerned that Verizon may not get anymore...

I'll swing by a store at lunch to see if they can order one for me.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 09:27 AM
    Ahhh. Yes, I just checked and it was out of stock. Bummer. Must be the sale and I think the word is out. LOL. I think they do tend to go out of stock as I looked about a month ago and it was out of stock. It's reported that they cut back on inventory of the Z30 so that they would not be "stuck" with Z10-like inventories. I'd have went with the freebie Z10 except I heard the battery life of Z30 is exceptional. I'd at least ask them how to lock in the price.
    05-12-14 09:47 AM
    Lets hope it's not because they don't want to order anymore. Hope they get some in to sell.
    05-12-14 09:54 AM
    Well, the timing of this makes sense. It's one year after the Z10 launched and they are sending people offers to renew early and get a new phone. Good thing I went into the store and ordered when I did, mine just shipped today. Hopefully they will get some more in soon.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 10:18 AM
    Well the website now says that it can be back ordered with a ship date of 5/19 so that puts to bed my fears that they may be out of the Z30 business. Unfortunately, I can't upgrade via edge when it is a backorder on the website.

I also went by the store. Of course they didn't have any in stock...but surprisingly, the sales rep didn't try and steer me toward a Samsung or iPhone. She was quite happy to put my order in and have the phone shipped. In the end, I didn't place the order because she didn't have a ship date. Now I know when it will be back in stock so I'll probably go back by the store and order it then...

Posted via CB10
    moody and 00stryder like this.
    05-12-14 01:46 PM
    I ordered two on Thursday and got them on Friday ( I probably ordered the only two they carry in US stock). I tried buying them at the store and of course they didn't carry them in stock. When asked why the salesperson replied "dude, we never sell those". I informed him that he would have sold two that afternoon if they had them in stock and the guy next to me buying an HTC One said he also would have bought one today because that was actually the phone he wanted but he had to have one now because his Curve had died. Three missed sales in a matter of minutes at one store because they don't carry them in stock.
    05-12-14 03:06 PM
    Well...I went ahead and ordered my wife's phone from the Verizon Wireless website tonight. Woohoo! It will be cool rocking his and her Z30s.

Posted via CB10
    Gatmyer, moody, niss63 and 3 others like this.
    05-12-14 08:27 PM
    Amazon has them in stock, or did yesterday, 14 May.
    05-16-14 01:58 AM
    I was little worried when I didn't receive a "shipped" email from Verizon, and also their website had said the Z30 wasn't in stock until the 26th. But when I checked my order status, I had a tracking number with a scheduled delivery of tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Malachi.2.15; 05-20-14 at 09:39 AM.
    moody likes this.
    05-20-14 04:32 AM
    It doesn't matter they usually don't carry them in stock anyway. Just ask the store rep to order your Z30 (direct fulfillment) and it will come directly to the store. The reason you would want to go this route is if you want the store to C.Y.A if something should happen to your device. Wherever you get your Z30 that is where you will have to go if something should go wrong. I do recommend Amazon because they will have your back if you happen to get a faulty device. Amazing customer service from Amazon wireless! They're a Verizon authorized dealer and they took really good care of me!

Posted via my amazing, beautiful, and beastie Z30
    Verizon store laughed at me told me they don't have it. I argued with the ***** but they didn't care. Verizon gave me $50 off for being food customer.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 06:11 AM
    I received the VZW marketing email offer to move up to the Z30. I went down to the VZW store in the South Center Mall in Tukwila WA and nothing had changed. Now there was "ZERO" BBRY product displayed in the store. I was not able to move up to the Z30 via this email offer from VZW due to contract. Blanket email going out for some reason.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 06:35 AM
    Verizon store laughed at me told me they don't have it. I argued with the ***** but they didn't care. Verizon gave me $50 off for being good customer.
    I would have immediately called their customer service and asked to talk to customer retention because of how you were treated armed with the managers name and person(s) you spoke to. I'd let them know that you are seriously considering moving to T-Mobile (who is willing to pay your ETF) to move because of how you were treated. Then see how fast you get some action.

Posted via CB10
    EchoesFX likes this.
    05-20-14 06:45 AM
    Just buy it straight from Blackberry. That way all the funds go to BB.
    You can't buy it from BlackBerry they only sell unlocked ones that won't work on Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    leehardballer12 likes this.
    05-20-14 10:02 AM
    I received the VZW marketing email offer to move up to the Z30. I went down to the VZW store in the South Center Mall in Tukwila WA and nothing had changed. Now there was "ZERO" BBRY product displayed in the store. I was not able to move up to the Z30 via this email offer from VZW due to contract. Blanket email going out for some reason.

Posted via CB10
    That wasn't correct of them. How long have you been a VZW customer? They allowed me to order mine and renew a year early because I made a stink about it. Retention departments are really negotiation departments and the phrase "Why shouldn't I just cancel and go somewhere else who will give me what I want?" works.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 11:21 AM
    You can't buy it from BlackBerry they only sell unlocked GSM ones that won't work on Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    Fixed it for you. BlackBerry devices sold by Verizon (the LTE-capable ones, at least) are all unlocked, but only work on CDMA networks.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 11:28 AM
    Fixed it for you. BlackBerry devices sold by Verizon (the LTE-capable ones, at least) are all unlocked, but only work on CDMA networks.

Posted via CB10
    Wrong. BlackBerry makes their phones both gsm & cdma compatible and yes Vzn will work on tmo & AT&T.

I have Vzn z30 and it works fine w/ my AT&T account. Only thing is I don't always get 4glte but AT&T 4g is just as fast as Vzn 4glte. At least in my area b/c I have q10 on vzn and did a test. Both launched browser and loaded home page same time.

Posted via CB10 - the app that may or may not exist
    05-20-14 10:40 PM
    Wrong. BlackBerry makes their phones both gsm & cdma compatible and yes Vzn will work on tmo & AT&T.

I have Vzn z30 and it works fine w/ my AT&T account. Only thing is I don't always get 4glte but AT&T 4g is just as fast as Vzn 4glte. At least in my area b/c I have q10 on vzn and did a test. Both launched browser and loaded home page same time.

Technically true, however with a huge caveat. May not be a big deal for you, but other users may be expecting full network service on a GSM-based carrier using a Verizon device.

As to whether AT&T's 4G is as fast as Verizon's 4glte (lowercase), YMMV.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 10:08 AM
    Want to know why BB is/will go under?

I have spent... outside of a couple of phone calls, the whole day today trying to buy a Z30. I might now, maybe, have one on order. No less than 6 Verizon employees at two different locations locally not only could not sell me a Z30 (out of stock) but all of them insisted that I did not want a Blackberry. One, an assistant manager said that I was 'stupid' for wanting a new Blackberry.

Verizon is doing nothing but fast walking BB to the grave...
    05-21-14 02:49 PM
    Verizon just released XLTE In the states. They say it's twice as fast as 4g LTE. Go big Red. Now discount my Z30 a $100 bucks.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 05:22 PM
    Technically true, however with a huge caveat. May not be a big deal for you, but other users may be expecting full network service on a GSM-based carrier using a Verizon device.

As to whether AT&T's 4G is as fast as Verizon's 4glte (lowercase), YMMV.

Posted via CB10
    I have a friend in Puerto Rico w/ z30 using on AT&T. He will get lte depending on the area. I know another in NY who does as well. So if you are on AT&T and are in an area where one of the bands listed below are then you'll get lte. But yes, it is determined by area.

Z30 out of stock at Verizon Wireless-img_20140521_233525.png
    Z30 out of stock at Verizon Wireless-img_20140521_233506.png

00stryder likes this.
    05-21-14 10:39 PM
50 12