Anybody know of a place in Calgary that is selling the Otterbox Commuter in Glacier White for the Z30? The Otterbox site has free shipping for the US only but to Canada it's $27.25. (I'm sure ever other time I've ordered from Otterbox shipping was included to Canada) I can't justify shipping costs that amount to 2/3 the cost of the case itself.

I've been able to find a few Z30 Commuters in black in Calgary but not the Glacier White one.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mike
    01-05-14 02:10 PM
    01-05-14 05:07 PM
    No Canadian retailers that I've found carry any significant selection of Z30 accessories in stores.

Order from the CrackBerry Canada store. It's probably expensive enough for free shipping.
    Sites you can check out:
    1. BlackBerry Z30 Accessories (Cases, Chargers & Cables, Screen Protectors, Batteries, and more) - CrackBerry Canada
    2. Amazon.ca
    3. GoCellular.ca
    4. NCIX.ca
    5. Online for retailers like Future Shop, Best Buy, The Source, etc.
    01-05-14 05:08 PM
    You can just order off Amazon.ca and get free shipping over $25, or use Prime to get free faster shipping.
    01-05-14 05:09 PM
    Nope, they don't. Shipping is free over $35 and probably more to Canada.
    01-05-14 05:22 PM
    You can just order off Amazon.ca and get free shipping over $25, or use Prime to get free faster shipping.
    Unfortunately Amazon Canada doesn't have the Z30 Commuter in the Glacier.
    01-05-14 05:23 PM
    No Canadian retailers that I've found carry any significant selection of Z30 accessories in stores.

Order from the CrackBerry Canada store. It's probably expensive enough for free shipping.
    Sites you can check out:
    1. BlackBerry Z30 Accessories (Cases, Chargers & Cables, Screen Protectors, Batteries, and more) - CrackBerry Canada
    2. Amazon.ca
    3. GoCellular.ca
    4. NCIX.ca
    5. Online for retailers like Future Shop, Best Buy, The Source, etc.
    I would order from CrackBerry Canada but they are out of stock.

Amazon.ca Doesn't have it in the Glacier

GoCellular.ca takes 2-3 weeks to ship.

NCIX.ca only shows it in black. (and the phone they have pictured for the Z30 looks like the Q10, hard to trust that source)

No luck at Future Shop Best Buy or the Source.

It really annoys me that Costco decided not to carry the Z30. Carry the other BB10 devices and always have the Otterbox cases for them.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I guess I just have to save my pennies and hope for a free shipping sale at Otterbox.com
    01-05-14 05:30 PM
    Email or call CB Canada. I've found the team there to be unexpectedly helpful.

Posted via CB10 from my new Z30!
    01-05-14 06:26 PM
    Email or call CB Canada. I've found the team there to be unexpectedly helpful.

Posted via CB10 from my new Z30!
    Yeah I emailed CB and they said they "should" be back in stock this week. I guess I'll just keep watching the site. $6.95 for shipping is better than $23+ dollars from Otterbox.

Mike
    01-06-14 08:49 AM
    Try Blue Shop. I believe it's run by the same folks who do the CB store. It's $35.95 plus free shipping!

http://www.blueshop.ca/otterbox-comm...A123A15779.htm

Go Cellular is even cheaper ($32.99) and also has free shipping!

Otterbox Commuter Series Case Glacier for BlackBerry Z30 / 77-33684 - GoCellular.ca

I've bought BB accessories from both vendors and would say that Blue Shop is a big tighter with their process as their packages are tracked. They also ship out of Montreal which usually results in next day shipping for me in Toronto.

Go Cellular is better on price but they don't have tracking on their packages and usually just slip things into an envelop and send it through regular Canada Post. My last order from them was for the white leather flip case for the Z30 and it took over a week to arrive. That said, they're based out of Vancouver so you might get things much faster being in Calgary than I would.

Good luck!
    01-06-14 11:07 AM
    Try Blue Shop. I believe it's run by the same folks who do the CB store. It's $35.95 plus free shipping!

OtterBox Commuter Series Case (Glacier: White/Grey) (77-33684) for BlackBerry Z30 - Smartphone Hard Cases - Blueshop

Go Cellular is even cheaper ($32.99) and also has free shipping!

Otterbox Commuter Series Case Glacier for BlackBerry Z30 / 77-33684 - GoCellular.ca

I've bought BB accessories from both vendors and would say that Blue Shop is a big tighter with their process as their packages are tracked. They also ship out of Montreal which usually results in next day shipping for me in Toronto.

Go Cellular is better on price but they don't have tracking on their packages and usually just slip things into an envelop and send it through regular Canada Post. My last order from them was for the white leather flip case for the Z30 and it took over a week to arrive. That said, they're based out of Vancouver so you might get things much faster being in Calgary than I would.

Good luck!
    BlueShop like CB is out of stock and GoCellular says ships in 2-3 weeks. I'll watch Blueshop along with CB and if they get it in this week as well I'll go with them on Free Shipping.

Thanks for the links.

Mike
    01-06-14 11:13 AM
    Oh and BTW, I have both the Glacier white Commuter and Defender cases for my Z30. The construction on the Commuter seems a lot sturdier as the hard case on Defender shifts and creaks a bit underneath the rubber outer shell when on the device. Plus the built in screen protector on the Defender is not well implemented as there is a micro gap between the Z30 screen and the Otterbox screen which is extremely noticeable when typing or swiping.

Kind of disappointing really because the design of the glacier Defender is really slick and I love how it looks! But the execution of the case is poor and I do not feel like my Z30 is safe and secure when it's in it (at least not by Otterbox standards). My Z10 feels indestructible in it's Defender case... Z30, not so much.

I'd say you're making a good choice getting the Commuter!
    01-06-14 11:19 AM
    Oh and BTW, I have both the Glacier white Commuter and Defender cases for my Z30. The construction on the Commuter seems a lot sturdier as the hard case on Defender shifts and creaks a bit underneath the rubber outer shell when on the device. Plus the built in screen protector on the Defender is not well implemented as there is a micro gap between the Z30 screen and the Otterbox screen which is extremely noticeable when typing or swiping.

Kind of disappointing really because the design of the glacier Defender is really slick and I love how it looks! But the execution of the case is poor and I do not feel like my Z30 is safe and secure when it's in it (at least not by Otterbox standards). My Z10 feels indestructible in it's Defender case... Z30, not so much.

I'd say you're making a good choice getting the Commuter!
    Yeah I've had the Defender in Black for my Z30 ever since the day I got it and I agree with your assessment of it, even though I still use it for the protection. I would add that they clip for the Defender on the Z30 is sup-standard as well. The perfect fit would be the Communter, I just wish they made a clip for the Commuter as well, then it would be truely perfect all around.

Mike
    01-06-14 11:26 AM
    Yeah I've had the Defender in Black for my Z30 ever since the day I got it and I agree with your assessment of it, even though I still use it for the protection. I would add that they clip for the Defender on the Z30 is sup-standard as well. The perfect fit would be the Communter, I just wish they made a clip for the Commuter as well, then it would be truely perfect all around.

Mike
    Yes, how could I not mention the holster??? The construction of the holster itself is actually pretty good. Where things fall apartl is on the BB10 OS side as they have yet to implement holster settings. What good is the kickstand on the holster if the phone is going to sleep in landscape mode due to the magnet as you're trying to watch a movie? I really hope that with 10.3, BB brings back holster profiles.
    01-06-14 11:34 AM
    Yes, how could I not mention the holster??? The construction of the holster itself is actually pretty good. Where things fall apartl is on the BB10 OS side as they have yet to implement holster settings. What good is the kickstand on the holster if the phone is going to sleep in landscape mode due to the magnet as you're trying to watch a movie? I really hope that with 10.3, BB brings back holster profiles.
    I don't think much of the clip, not just because of the lack of profiles to support it on BB10. I prefer a clip that secures the phone by slipping over the top with a click and even a lock, like on the heavy duty case for the Z10 by Seidio.

As far as the notification profiles go, that's the only problem I have with BB10. I wish they would bring back the OS7.1 Profiles where you could create your own custom profiles so I don't have to continuaully have to turn different apps on and off depending on when I need them.

I've emailed Blueshop to see when they expect the Commuter back in stock. The strange part is it says the Communter qualifies for free expidited shipping however when I put in my Postal Code to calculate shipping I still get costs associated with it no mater if I select the Expedited shipping or not. I hope somewhere later in the process the shipping is again removed.

Mike
    01-06-14 11:46 AM
    Finally ordered the Otterbox Commuter Glacier White For the Z30 from CrackBerry. Unfortunately BlueShop's free expedited shipping didn't include my area code. A bit of a racket if you ask me because I'm not in a remote area. Anyhow it's ordered and will be here soon I hope.

Mike

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 12:16 PM
    That's too bad about the shipping. You'll soon forget all about it once you get your sweet case. Enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 12:28 AM
    just ordered my white commuter from Blueshop last Thursday, it's supposed to arrive on Wednesday, can't wait!
    02-01-14 06:24 AM
    just ordered my white commuter from Blueshop last Thursday, it's supposed to arrive on Wednesday, can't wait!
    I hope you chose a shipping method other than Canada Post. While I finally got my Commuter Canada Post took 3 weeks to ship it from Quebec to Alberta. I love the case but would really like a belt clip to go with it. I"m considering ordering the Nite Ize CCSXL-03-01 Clip Case Sideways XL-Retail Packaging, Black - Amazon.ca once it is back in stock as it's reported to fit the Z30 with the Commuter very well.

Mike
    02-01-14 08:32 AM
    I love my white commuter. Perfect with my white z30

White Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925 = heaven.
    02-01-14 12:03 PM
    I hope you chose a shipping method other than Canada Post. While I finally got my Commuter Canada Post took 3 weeks to ship it from Quebec to Alberta. I love the case but would really like a belt clip to go with it. I"m considering ordering the Nite Ize CCSXL-03-01 Clip Case Sideways XL-Retail Packaging, Black - Amazon.ca once it is back in stock as it's reported to fit the Z30 with the Commuter very well.

Mike
    It's Canada post but it's already in transit coming to Ontario, fingers crossed
    02-01-14 12:21 PM
    Would have loved a white z30, where did you get it ?
    02-01-14 12:23 PM
    Would have loved a white z30, where did you get it ?
    Ebay!

White Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925 = heaven.
    02-01-14 01:31 PM
    It's Canada post but it's already in transit coming to Ontario, fingers crossed
    Got the otterbox that I ordered last Thursday great service from blueshop, expedite delivery no shipping charges ! Didn't like the screen protector that came with it though, had to use another one

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 06:42 PM