Hello, I've ordered my z30 from online shop, they said it was manufactured in Mexico(new blackberries are not available in my country) . The OS Version it runs is 10.2.0.210. (10.2.0.1443) As I've read here it is not the latest OS version. But the phone says there's no updates available. Could anybody clarify the update procedure and when the updates will come?

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 01:37 AM
    Sorry, almost forgot the main question: as far as I understand the os versions depend on the country it was produced in. How do I know exactly where my phone was made and what os version is latest for it? And should the updates come even if the phone is used in another country?

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 01:44 AM
    P's my phone is sta100-2.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 02:43 AM
    P's my phone is sta100-2.

Posted via CB10
    The updates depend on the carrier you use via your SIM card I believe.

10.2.0.xxx is the current official release. Where the xxx really just denotes bug fixes

The big 10.2.1.xxx releases are still being built. We have some leaks from bbry servers posted here but keep in mind - its a risk to run them. Bugs can and often do kill the phone and the leak could be buggy to the point of your experience being frustrating.

Plus many other warnings and disclaimers.

Posted via CB from my LE
    12-23-13 04:05 AM
    Thanks for clarifying, but my sim carrier doesn't officially support blackberry. My phone is sim-free and there's no official blackberry 10 in Russia. Does it mean I'll never get any update?

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 04:18 AM
    Thanks for clarifying, but my sim carrier doesn't officially support blackberry. My phone is sim-free and there's no official blackberry 10 in Russia. Does it mean I'll never get any update?

Posted via CB10
    I'm not clear on how the updates go without a SIM card... in that case you may be right about country + model.

I wouldn't worry too much just yet 10.2.1 hasn't been released - and you could install the full OS as a leak when it comes out (painful as that may be). But I think you will get the update once it is available.

But I'll let someone with more z30 experience chime in and see if they can help

Posted via CB from my LE
    12-23-13 04:30 AM
    Well, it's just an ordinary sim card, not the special one with BlackBerry contract, so I'm able to make calls and use data(internet), so I think the ability to get updates is not connected with the carrier in my case. That's why I don't get why there are no more updates to my OS version and if I should expect any of them to come in the future or not.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 04:42 AM
    Well, it's just an ordinary sim card, not the special one with BlackBerry contract, so I'm able to make calls and use data(internet), so I think the ability to get updates is not connected with the carrier in my case. That's why I don't get why there are no more updates to my OS version and if I should expect any of them to come in the future or not.

Posted via CB10
    I'm in the same situation as you - SIM free (no contract) using my Z30 in the UK. My phone's software release is showing 10.2.0.429. I have had 2 updates since I bought the phone a week ago, but I'm not expecting more until 10.2.1.XXXX.

The fact that you are in Russia and that your phone isn't tied to a contract shouldn't affect updates. In fact, you and I ought to receive them quicker than others who - I think- have to wait for their phone company to test and approve them before releasing them.
    KermEd likes this.
    12-23-13 05:02 AM
    That's great news, mate! Thanks for soothing me.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 05:48 AM