Just curious. Why are their so many issues with the Z30 official 10.3.1 update and the leaked versions appeared to be OK?

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 07:36 AM
    I believe the OSes are the same. i think it's the WAY in which it is delivered that causes some of the issues. It seems that the OTA people have more reported issues that we see here. Some are caused by the devices not having enough room for the update....or throwing errors to that fact.

But i believe that the software is the same.
    Chris Chin likes this.
    02-23-15 07:46 AM
    Official release is running beautifully on my z30 (unlocked - Virgin Mobile Canada)

Posted via CB10 - Z30
    02-23-15 08:41 AM
    I believe the OSes are the same. i think it's the WAY in which it is delivered that causes some of the issues. It seems that the OTA people have more reported issues that we see here. Some are caused by the devices not having enough room for the update....or throwing errors to that fact.

Hi Jaydee here's my take on it that I replied to in another thread, I think you are totally right in that it's the way it's done

From my reply in another thread...

As blaze has stated doing an upgrade with Sachesi or an Autoloader is NOT the same process as doing it OTA, OTA is more of a patch like applying updates in Windows whereas using the Autoloader is like loading the OS fresh from the DVD. And as far as I understand Sachesi e replaces each module when you use that method.

As you can see by the official BlackBerry update you need 2.5 gb of free space to update a 1gb OS OTA, because it keeps your old OS running while it unpacks and copies over the old modules with new, so the OTA is like having Sachesi run automatically on your phone without the need for a PC.

As far as I know that is how I understand how this works

So yes I would not do the OTA version,but since it looks like you have used an Autoloader or the Sachesi method I would not hesitate to use either of those to upgrade to the latest available version, and to reiterate what has been said a thousand times 2267 leak is exactly the same as 2267 official.

Hope that helps

Posted from my Zed30 running 10.3.1.2267

02-23-15 08:52 AM

Could be simple statistics....fewer people using leaks thus fewer bug reports. More people getting OTA....more bug reports.
    02-23-15 11:34 AM
    See ^^

02-23-15 01:53 PM