Evening everyone, currently using the Z10 and have the battery bundle so I always have enough juice with me whatever my day throws at me.

I'm in contract until March on the Z10 and I do like a change. I looked around and I can trade in my Z10 and throw in a small sum to walk out with a used B grade Z30

In all seriousness will I notice much of a difference?

If not I can quite happily spend the money on a heart rate monitor to assist with my fitness, I quite fancy a Mio Alpha

Thoughts and suggestions are most welcome.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 04:29 PM
    I'm not convinced that it's worth it. I've also got a Z10 and I'll be sticking with it until the next all touch device most likely. As far as the HRM goes, I went with the Polar H7 if you want a chest strap. Works great.
    09-20-14 04:49 PM
    I don't have anything at home that would benefit from the miracast, I do think the USB OTG might be helpful tho but it's not a deal breaker after all the time I have not had it.

I just think of going back to my previous usage model of always being SIM only. Z10 was the first contact phone I have had in years.

It's great not being in a rush tho

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 04:53 PM
    If the z10 doesn't have hardware issues and your happy with it as a phone I say stick with it. I recently 'upgraded' to a z30 from my z10 but my z10 has hardware problems so I had more reason to swap. Yes the battery life is way more and it suits me a lot better (I'm not the type to carry extra batteries).
    Do you use your phone in bed with no lights on? I ask this as it's what I do a lot and I found the brightness of the z30 is waaaay too bright at the lowest setting in this situation where as the z10 can get a lot dimmer. The z30 to me is also dimmer at full brightness compared to z10's max.
    I have found the play/pause button to be easier to accidently push in ie. it takes less pressure. Which makes the voice command screen pop up. In actual fact I dislike all 3 of the media buttons on the z30 compared to the z10. The z10 seems to have a better click and better definition between the 3, for blind-in-the-pocket usage.
    This is the biggest phone I've ever used and tbh it's very easy to upgrade to. I thought it would be too big for my small thumbs. I still annoyingly press the bottom left of the screen with my inner thumb/palm when I'm using it one handed but I also did this with the z10. I find it more uncomfortable in my pocket and I seem to be leaving it out on tables or worktops rather than in my pocket. The z10 was always in my pocket when not being used or charged.
    Can you not carry on your contract without changing anything and wait for the z10 upgrade (z20? Visa?). I would of done this or waited to see the passport but as I say my z10 was not working properly so I went for a z30 whilst it was cheap.
    Note not all z10 apps are available for the z30. I only found this out afterwards. Not a big deal as I'm not a big app user.
    There is two speakers I believe for loud music playback. Louder than the z10.
    The glass screen is flush with the sides unlike the z10 which has a slight raised bit around the screen. This makes the z30 nice for a naked phone but when you put a screen protector on it you now have a raised lip (as in the depth of the screen protector) when you use the swipe up gesture which is annoying. I bought a genuine BlackBerry z30 screen protector and it has way too much unprotected area at the edges of the screen where as the genuine one I got with my BlackBerry transformer shell fitted almost perfectly on the z10.
    Again since you have something else to spend the money on I would keep the z10 but then only if your z10 is working properly.
    These are my personal opinions and you may differ but I thought I'd give my two cents. Oh and I do enjoy my z30 even tho it sounds like I've pissed all over it in my review but I don't think it's the massive leap from the z10 as everyone makes it out to be.

From Z10 to Z30 and loving it
    codiak and sam81 like this.
    09-20-14 05:35 PM
    If the z10 doesn't have hardware issues and your happy with it as a phone I say stick with it. I recently 'upgraded' to a z30 from my z10 but my z10 has hardware problems so I had more reason to swap. Yes the battery life is way more and it suits me a lot better (I'm not the type to carry extra batteries).
    Do you use your phone in bed with no lights on? I ask this as it's what I do a lot and I found the brightness of the z30 is waaaay too bright at the lowest setting in this situation where as the z10 can get a lot dimmer. The z30 to me is also dimmer at full brightness compared to z10's max.
    I have found the play/pause button to be easier to accidently push in ie. it takes less pressure. Which makes the voice command screen pop up. In actual fact I dislike all 3 of the media buttons on the z30 compared to the z10. The z10 seems to have a better click and better definition between the 3, for blind-in-the-pocket usage.
    This is the biggest phone I've ever used and tbh it's very easy to upgrade to. I thought it would be too big for my small thumbs. I still annoyingly press the bottom left of the screen with my inner thumb/palm when I'm using it one handed but I also did this with the z10. I find it more uncomfortable in my pocket and I seem to be leaving it out on tables or worktops rather than in my pocket. The z10 was always in my pocket when not being used or charged.
    Can you not carry on your contract without changing anything and wait for the z10 upgrade (z20? Visa?). I would of done this or waited to see the passport but as I say my z10 was not working properly so I went for a z30 whilst it was cheap.
    Note not all z10 apps are available for the z30. I only found this out afterwards. Not a big deal as I'm not a big app user.
    There is two speakers I believe for loud music playback. Louder than the z10.
    The glass screen is flush with the sides unlike the z10 which has a slight raised bit around the screen. This makes the z30 nice for a naked phone but when you put a screen protector on it you now have a raised lip (as in the depth of the screen protector) when you use the swipe up gesture which is annoying. I bought a genuine BlackBerry z30 screen protector and it has way too much unprotected area at the edges of the screen where as the genuine one I got with my BlackBerry transformer shell fitted almost perfectly on the z10.
    Again since you have something else to spend the money on I would keep the z10 but then only if your z10 is working properly.
    These are my personal opinions and you may differ but I thought I'd give my two cents. Oh and I do enjoy my z30 even tho it sounds like I've pissed all over it in my review but I don't think it's the massive leap from the z10 as everyone makes it out to be.

From Z10 to Z30 and loving it
    This^^
    I just made the switch about a week ago (week ago). S/O to anyone who gets the reference. On topic, I had my z10 since release day in Canada and I loved the thing. I always thought about upgrading to the Z30 though especially after all the good things I'd heard about it. But I had no legitimate reason to upgrade. My Z10 was perfect in every way until a few months ago when my barter started acting up.

It'd take long to charge and I'd find myself wall hugging even faster than iSheeps. Now I had 2 choices, either get a new battery or wait for the passport and upgrade. But I didn't have $700 not did I want to sign another contract. So I was back on the fence about the Z30. Now it almost seemed inevitable.

About a week ago, while charging my phone in my car, I took it off to answer an incoming call. After I hung up, I got a blue screen on my Z10. No panic. Tried to turn it off and no response. Proceeded to take the battery out, put it back in and no response. I got home and did some searching on CB and found a few users who had similar problems. Almost all of them had no luck reviving the thing and ended up shipping it to BlackBerry only to get a new device in return. I wasn't so lucky because my warranty had expired time ago (had phone since release date).

So I hop on kijiji and the search for a new device Ensued. I figured I'd search for some Z30s since I had a reason now but they were all out of my budget. So I said "f**kit I'll stick with my z10" but something told me to wait a few more days. My luck had it a guy was willing to let go of his $400 Z30 Verizon edition for $240. What's crazy about this whole situation is I would always lurk the z30 forums when I had my z10 and told myself I wanted the Verizon molded if I was ever to upgrade because if the wireless charging capabilities. It was almost like a blessing I found this deal!

So where's all this going? Long story short, don't upgrade if you don't HAVE to. It's been about a week with the Z30. It's a beautiful phone without a doubt. I love the bigger screen. I always thought the Z10 was the perfect size but this phone fits even better in my hand. I finally go to experience the speakers for myself and all I can is the masses were right. I'm a huge music person so it's a plus. USB OTG and miracast I got no use for personally or I can't speak on that but it's a neat feature to have. The extra RAM makes the thing fly. Android apps open instantly with 10.3. I've yet to test the camera but my Z10 had a dope camera so this can't be worse. Only disappointment I got with the phone is the screen. Idk why BBRY held back on the screen. Coming from the Z10, it's one of the very first things I noticed. The screen almost looked blurry to me. It's miles behind the clarity of the z10 but it grows in you. After a week I don't notice it as much. All in all man, the phones s nice step up but honestly, if I didn't have a broken Z10, I probably wouldn't have upgraded.

Posted via CB10
    sam81 and gt10 like this.
    09-20-14 09:48 PM
    Blurry screen???????
    To Z30 or not to Z30-img_20140920_233209.png

Verizon Z30
    Mdsoro likes this.
    09-20-14 10:32 PM
    Blurry screen???????
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140920_233209.png 
Views:	1564 
Size:	494.8 KB 
ID:	299235

Verizon Z30
    Nice picture, But a screen capture is not going to show the actual image as seen on the phone's display. You would have to take a picture of your phone showing that image. In other words, have a Z10 and a Z30 side by side showing the same image and take a picture with a camera or another phone. That would show the image as displayed on each phone.
    09-20-14 10:45 PM
    Evening everyone, currently using the Z10 and have the battery bundle so I always have enough juice with me whatever my day throws at me.

I'm in contract until March on the Z10 and I do like a change. I looked around and I can trade in my Z10 and throw in a small sum to walk out with a used B grade Z30

In all seriousness will I notice much of a difference?

If not I can quite happily spend the money on a heart rate monitor to assist with my fitness, I quite fancy a Mio Alpha

Thoughts and suggestions are most welcome.

Posted via CB10
    Battery life is one difference. It's huge! As well, the typing experience on the z30 is far superior simply because of the screen/keyboard size.

I have no regrets about switching from the z30 from the z10. I think the only thing that irritates me about the Z30 is the lack of cases.

Nevertheless, I'm buying a passport to get me hut until a replacement comes for the z30.

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss Z30!!!
    Last edited by Carjackd; 09-20-14 at 11:09 PM.
    09-20-14 10:50 PM
    Z30 is well worth getting!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 10:52 PM
    Z30 is well worth getting!!!

Posted via CB10
    I Agree!
    09-20-14 10:56 PM
    I have no regrets. My kids are still using my z10 and like it fine. The speakers and the battery sold me but it's just a faster phone. Typing is easier as well. Biggest phone I've ever had and I wouldn't want a bigger one. Honestly those two phones are the best I've ever owned. They are also the only blackberry I've ever owned.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    lift likes this.
    09-20-14 11:04 PM
    Thanks for the comments folks, I think the biggest parts is that I have had the Z10 from launch and I think I'm looking to play with something newer.

I'm going to go hands on today to check the device condition and make a decision. If it looks like there is no cosmetic damage I think I will probably walk out with it.

How good is the battery life tho? Can I get any real world numbers for hours and usage?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 02:36 AM
    One more question, does the faster CPU and better graphics chip shoe any gains both on native apps and android apps?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 02:38 AM
    I think you shouldZz30. I feel the difference. I feel that I have freedom. Lol. Without having to charge all day. The Z30 should be much cheaper now. And you can upgrade again when the next all-touch is available!
    09-21-14 03:05 AM
    Also anyone who can comment on the new antenna would also be helpful to know if it's an improvement.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 04:47 AM
    One more question, does the faster CPU and better graphics chip shoe any gains both on native apps and android apps?

Posted via CB10
    That does seem to be a major difference. Android apps in particular run really well on a Z30, and better than on a Z10.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 05:14 AM
    My beef with the z10 is the battery life and speaker. Z30 should sound great, why and I hesitating?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 07:11 AM
    Well I decided to switch, so no going back now is there a working 10.3 autoloader for the Z30

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    09-21-14 07:16 AM
    I was going to z30 but I'm going to passport instead. Had both a z10 and q10 which I just sold to get a passport. Stoll might pick up a cheap z30 on kijiji if I find one.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 07:57 AM
    Thanks for the comments folks, I think the biggest parts is that I have had the Z10 from launch and I think I'm looking to play with something newer.

I'm going to go hands on today to check the device condition and make a decision. If it looks like there is no cosmetic damage I think I will probably walk out with it.

How good is the battery life tho? Can I get any real world numbers for hours and usage?

Posted via CB10
    I unplug mine at 6/7 in the morning a lot. Unless I spend hours talking or start playing angry birds hard, I still have around 30 to 20 % battery at midnight. That's a typical day for me. Lot of texting, email and reading CrackBerry or Web surfing. It is a massive improvement compared to the z10 battery. It does open and run the few android apps I use better than my z10 as well. I'm not what you would call a power user but I do use it a lot more than any other phone I've had. I barely pick up my lap top now. The antenna, I think it's a bit better but not glaringly. I think what makes it shine is the way it searches for the signal. From what I've read about it, it finds the signal in a way that saves a lot more battery.

09-21-14 08:19 AM
    For some strange reason I can't add my Google apps based email account on Active Sync. Anyone else had that? Only wants to work as IMAP and CAL/Card dav

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 10:25 AM
    Switched from my Z10 to the Z30 a few weeks ago. Was a bit concerned about the size and the screen display beforehand, based on comments I had read, but those concerns proved to be totally unfounded.

The build quality of the Z30 is fantastic. It's a beautifully designed phone that is way superior to the Z10 from an aesthetics perspective. I particularly love the carbon fibre back - very classy and attractive. (I store my phone in a BB pocket sleeve, so I can use it naked.)

The battery life is also amazing. One charge every 24 hours (overnight) is all that is necessary. My old Z10 needed a boost at least on e or twice to make it through the day. Now I've got some car chargers that I no longer need to use.

Until you've used a touchscreen phone that goes an entire day on a single charge - with heavy use- you really don't appreciate how enabling it is. I no longer worry about leaving the house or the office in the afternoon with only 30%-50% charge.

The 5" screen size is perfect. Anything larger would not be useful for a work-centric device, but now I could never go back to a smaller screen.

I've been using Blackberries from their very first release, and can honestly say that I consider the Z30 to be the best phone I've ever used. Have never used another brand so I can't make those types of comparisons, but I think it would be very difficult for a competitor to best this beast.

Posted via CB10
    codiak likes this.
    09-21-14 03:00 PM
    I'm all up and running on 10.3 - the google apps issue is down to google not allowing new device connections on activesync. My old Z10 would have been fine to continue.

So far everything is fine for me and the new speakers are very impressive!

Thanks for your help everyone - I look forward to taking it into business use tomorrow with a full battery and see how it performs!
    09-21-14 04:45 PM
    used to use transform shell on Z10 with a screen protector, so what cases do you use ? or shall I just rock it naked ?
    09-21-14 05:14 PM
    I use a great shield Guardian s, slim fit. Bout 7 bucks on Amazon. Not bulky but gives a lot more protection than a transform. Ismooth screen protectors are awesome too.

09-21-14 06:33 PM
35 12