Hello,

I totally wiped my z30 en reinstalled it with Blackberry link.
    But now when i delete a mail from the hub on my Z30 it is not gone online when i check my email on the gmail webpage.

my phone is synced every 5 mins and option is delete on hub and server.

before my reinstall it worked.

Anyone an idea?

Thanks
    04-29-15 07:31 AM
    Not sure what the issue is. sometimes that happens to me as well.
    04-29-15 08:04 AM
    I never got that to work at all. Gmail only seems to archive the mail marked for deletion from the Hub. If I choose to view "all mail" from within Gmail, they are always in there hiding!
    04-29-15 02:28 PM
    SOLVED
    Weird i deleted my gmail account on the Z30 added the account again and its working now?
    05-01-15 02:26 AM
    Making sure Gmail moves Deleted Mail to the "Trash/Bin", instead of just Archiving it (their default IMAP behaviour, mails will stay visible under "All Mail"):
    Gmail Settings>Forwarding and POP/IMAP: Set "Auto-Expunge Off" and "Move the message to the Bin"
    (This might not be necessary anymore on 10.3+ if the Folder Mappings on your Device Settings are correct, but I'm not sure.)

It is also a smart idea to remove All Mail from being sync'ed, you can always search for unlabeled mail from the Hub and disabling All Mail prevents some other weird behaviour as well.

BlackBerry Passport signed @ Nintendo Social BBM Channel @ C001221B2
    svein99 and dpw09 like this.
    05-01-15 03:05 AM
    Thanks MrGlenn. I'll have to try that when I get a chance. I remember fiddling around a lot with settings on both the phone and Gmail, but not sure if I tried that as it was a while ago.
    05-06-15 10:33 PM
    Thanks for the tip. It appears to have worked for me, though one of the three emails I deleted to test it out ended up in All Mail. It was the third one I deleted, which makes it seem strange, but maybe the settings hadn't fully switched yet. I also "hid" All Mail in the IMAP settings in Gmail as you recommend.

Thanks again for the info.
    05-12-15 04:21 PM
    You're welcome. Gmail can be pretty confusing because it all appears to be "standard" behaviour, while it can actually be pretty different/stubborn.

05-12-15 05:01 PM
    Well, I figured out why some of my deleted mail is still not going to the trash, but rather being hidden in the chasm that is "All Mail". It seems that if the email has been indicated by you (or automatically by gmail) to be important, it won't end up in the trash, even if set up as previously noted.

Does anyone have any ideas for how to override that?
    05-13-15 02:46 PM
    You mean the automatic small yellow markers (not the same as Starred email)? The ones that no one ever uses? Thank god I saved an entire entry in Remember for Gmail issues:
    _____

Disable Gmail's Automatic Importance Nonsense detectors:
    Gmail Settings → Inbox: Select "No Markers".
    Gmail Settings → Filters: Create a new Filter. Under "Doesn't have" put !@#$%^&*(). Create Filter with this search → Check "Never mark as important". Create Filter.
    Gmail Settings → Filters: Create a new Filter. Under "Doesn't have" put !@#$%^&*(). Create Filter with this search → Set "Categorise as Personal". Create Filter.
    Since no legitimate emails should ever contain the phrase "!@#$%^&*()", this makes sure no mail is ever marked as Important and no mail is ever assigned to those useless category folders (social, updates, etc.).

dpw09 likes this.
    05-14-15 03:40 AM
    Thanks.

I'm starting to think I should just use a different email provider, lol.
    05-14-15 04:33 PM