Where do I start? Facebook 'app' is pretty much useless, the phone app - one of the compelling reasons to use a BlackBerry - doesn't really work without several tries to simply make a phone call. And when it does make or receive, there is a ridiculous pause...among other things. How can this company possibly justify making phones and charging high end prices when the devices don't work?!? I switched from iPhone and will be going back. At least they work, out of the box and you can go to the store and they take care of you. I had hoped the best for BlackBerry. Was really excited about having one but now realize what everyone has been saying. These guys just aren't very good at making phones that are reliable.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-16 04:44 PM
    Facebook has pulled support from BlackBerry. If the app works currently, then you are one of the lucky ones. If you are very upset about the phone not being what you want, you need to move to a different platform. I do think that you have issues with the OS that could be fixed with a reload but since you have already decided to leave....good luck.
    06-25-16 05:54 PM
    Well I am a new user of the phone, Facebook stop sporting the phone just days after I received my phone, that is not a problem Facebook lite words well enough for me, or I can just use the website. Jaydee5799 you are correct he has made up his mind that goes so I say safe travels.

Posted via CB10
    Jrox74 likes this.
    07-06-16 04:16 PM
    My Z30 works as well as it did when I got it in December 2013. Facebook, for what's it's worth, still appears, and works, through my email. Still, not a fan and only look at it every couple of months or so to keep up with some family.

For every other reason that I use my phone, it works great. No apps spreading viruses and invading my bank account or credit card. Work email, Google schedules all integrate nicely. It's all good.

Please Blackberry, give me an updated Z30 upgrade sometime in the near future. Thanks in advance!

cyberkid_aw, rt2567 and Carl Estes like this.
    07-06-16 08:04 PM
    If you use Facebook on your business phone, you've got bigger problems than compatibility
    07-07-16 07:49 PM
    My Z30 works great. I got it in May of 2014. The phone has never had say issues or dropped calls. I'm sticking with BlackBerry until the wheels come off.

Posted via CB10
    bigjman likes this.
    07-07-16 08:03 PM
    Where do I start? Facebook 'app' is pretty much useless, the phone app - one of the compelling reasons to use a BlackBerry - doesn't really work without several tries to simply make a phone call. And when it does make or receive, there is a ridiculous pause...among other things. How can this company possibly justify making phones and charging high end prices when the devices don't work?!? I switched from iPhone and will be going back. At least they work, out of the box and you can go to the store and they take care of you. I had hoped the best for BlackBerry. Was really excited about having one but now realize what everyone has been saying. These guys just aren't very good at making phones that are reliable.

Posted via CB10
    This device came out in 2013. When did you buy it?

The behaviour of the phone app is not typical. You should try a clean install of the OS. Try an autoloader for 10.3.2.2813.

Priv STV100-1 AAF518 / Q5SQR100-1/10.3.3.746
    07-07-16 08:16 PM
    doesn't really work without several tries to simply make a phone call. And when it does make or receive, there is a ridiculous pause...among other things.
    This is not a typical problem, I believe it can be fixed easily. As for Facebook, yeah you have a problem.
    07-07-16 08:31 PM
    Simply side load the original Facebook app back onto the phone, the hub integration still works for now...

If help needed just let me know.

I did a clean re-install of the latest OS on my really old Z10 and it's performing like a champ so I say there is still time on the device if you wanted.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-16 08:38 PM
    Do not update to the latest Facebook. The old Facebook app still has hub integration notification.

As for the phone app issue, that is not normal. You need to reset the phone. I have a Z10 with a lower spec, but I do not have any issues with the phone lag.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 01:10 AM
    I have come back to the Z30 after switching to the iphone for a couple months, hated it!! Question is, where can I dload an older version of the facebook app? Have purchased face10 but still find myself going through the facebook website most of the time.
    07-08-16 07:50 AM
    There is an article about restoring Facebook over on Berryflow that James did.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 08:18 AM
    I love my Z30. Bought it after I purchased a Galaxy s5. S5 sits at home most of the time. I use the Web version of Facebook despite having Face10. No phone issues at all. I would purchase again in future if specs updated.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 09:20 AM
    Do not update to the latest Facebook. The old Facebook app still has hub integration notification.

As for the phone app issue, that is not normal. You need to reset the phone. I have a Z10 with a lower spec, but I do not have any issues with the phone lag.

Posted via CB10
    I made this mistake, is there a way to get the the old Facebook I would really like to get it back the hub support.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 10:02 AM
    I made this mistake, is there a way to get the the old Facebook I would really like to get it back the hub support.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, just factory reset your phone then you will get it back.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 12:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    Facebook for BlackBerry 10 | https://berryflow.com/2016/05/facebo...blackberry-10/

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 02:14 PM
    Yes, just factory reset your phone then you will get it back.

Posted via CB10
    Hey thanks for this suggestion, but I am not quite ready to factory reset just yet...

Posted via CB10
    07-09-16 11:16 AM
    Facebook for BlackBerry 10 | https://berryflow.com/2016/05/facebo...blackberry-10/

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the link, do I have to sit load this?

Posted via CB10
    07-09-16 11:19 AM

Posted via CB10
    I had a Z30 for 2 years.. My favorite BlackBerry. Facebook pulling out was the final straw after several other apps disappeared or support was pulled. I don't blame BlackBerry, the BB10 platform doesn't have the numbers.

I have Priv now and it's the closest think to my Z30 on the market. Highly recommended!

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    07-09-16 03:16 PM
    Thanks for the link, do I have to sit load this?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, you can use any method you prefer to side load the Bar file linked in the article.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-16 06:14 PM
    I still like my Z30 and believe it's the best full touch smartphone on the market FOR ME at present. I'm not a fan of FB, but do have a business account on FB for promotion of my business. I update it once a week or so. Otherwise, I do not care about a FB app on any phone.

The issue I have with most BB10 phones is the lack of Quad Core, which was available but not used. Yes, I know the argument that the OS is written lean and the Dual Core BB10 phones are built robust enough, but IF the platform truly would continue, then IMO the need for a Quad Core Processor is paramount.

So I moved on to a BlackBerry Passport for the Quad Core Processor and larger screen. I loaded Cobalt's Google Play Store work-around and it's more than fine for me. Apps a plenty, including Facebook . I suspect I'll keep my Passport for another year or so, then move on to a Droid-Berry. We all have different likes, dislikes and needs. For now, BB10 fulfills my needs on my personal line, and believe it or not, I've still got the Bold 9900 on the Business line! And I still like it!
    Jrox74, Avenzuno and cyberkid_aw like this.
    07-09-16 06:57 PM
    Rejuvenated Z30...

Z30 near the end...-899528442586954638_325594189.jpg

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 01:55 AM
    Rejuvenated Z30...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	899528442586954638_325594189.jpg 
Views:	351 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	403903

Posted via CB10
    Is this a picture or is that really android on the Z30?

Z30STA100-3/10.3.2.858
    07-13-16 07:15 AM
    Fb pulling out of BlackBerry makes your BlackBerry more secure , IMHO.

But I'm not a fan of Fb.

Z30 is a great PHONE.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android (Priv)
    rt2567 and Avenzuno like this.
    07-13-16 08:33 AM
    Is this a picture or is that really android on the Z30?

Z30STA100-3/10.3.2.858
    Yes! John Chen has been secretly road-testing this upgraded Z30 now for three months. It will be released on 32 January 2018 with Android Nugar.

Sent from my Z30
    07-13-16 09:22 PM
29 12