So the Z30 specs are officially out.

- I like the bigger battery (they say up to 50% longer lasting than all the other phones),
    - the bigger screen (5 inch),
    - love the fact it is released with the 10.2 OS installed.
    - The Z30 has three speakers that will offer me a louder volume, as well as more quality sound (which is important to be, as I am hard of hearing).
    - The new exclusive (to BlackBerry) sound technology could prove to be very interesting and good.
    - Last but not least improved antenna for those difficult mobile reception areas.

I'm buying it.
    BlackBerry keep it moving.
    #Ichooseblackberry10
    I choose the "Z30".
    sergey_IL, StevieLive and hazarder like this.
    09-18-13 01:01 PM
    I'd like to get one if I can swing it.
    09-18-13 01:05 PM
    So the Z30 specs are officially out.

- I like the bigger battery (they say up to 50% longer lasting than all the other phones),
    - the bigger screen (5 inch),
    - love the fact it is released with the 10.2 OS installed.
    - The Z30 has three speakers that will offer me a louder volume, as well as more quality sound (which is important to be, as I am hard of hearing).
    - The new exclusive (to BlackBerry) sound technology could prove to be very interesting and good.
    - Last but not least improved antenna for those difficult mobile reception areas.

I'm buying it.
    BlackBerry keep it moving.
    #Ichooseblackberry10
    I choose the "Z30".
    Well, what's cool is the release statement will finally put to rest the rumors that the Z30 will not be released. I may change my mind - later. But for now, I'll stick with my Z10.
    09-18-13 01:06 PM
    Well, what's cool is the release statement will finally put to rest the rumors that the Z30 will not be released. I may change my mind - later. But for now, I'll stick with my Z10.
    Same.
    Spec race is a waste of time. How about getting the existing features working. Like nfc for example.
    Forget the spec race and get the functionality and apps in place.

Who needs a state of the art speaker on a phone with blank album art for my music and that won't pick up a track where I last left off?

Imo this will flop with no pressing reasons to buy it. Hardly anything revolutionary or innovative from what I can see.

At least the wireless charging would have given it a chance.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    09-18-13 01:15 PM
    Just to add to my nfc rant. That was a feature that if built on would've been a big plus for many people. BlackBerry join forces with enstream here in Canada and still nothing - almost a year and not only can I not pay via nfc- royal bank still doesn't even have an app.

Apple now attempts to make nfc useless for payments with their finger print scanner. They have enough market share where they may actually pull it off.

Missing for the forest for the trees with the z30.

09-18-13 01:18 PM
    Why do you say that NFC is none functional?
    Works great for me I swap pictures and video's with other BB users all the time.

Same.
    Spec race is a waste of time. How about getting the existing features working. Like nfc for example.
    Forget the spec race and get the functionality and apps in place.

Who needs a state of the art speaker on a phone with blank album art for my music and that won't pick up a track where I last left off?

Imo this will flop with no pressing reasons to buy it. Hardly anything revolutionary or innovative from what I can see.

At least the wireless charging would have given it a chance.

alexwise likes this.
    09-18-13 01:19 PM
    Why do you say that NFC is none functional?
    Works great for me I swap pictures and video's with other BB users all the time.
    I do use it tfr pics and music. Similar to blue tooth in that respect. Guess my rant is more for the payment side of nfc and what it's capable of from that standpoint

09-18-13 01:20 PM
    The new radio technology and wireless charging have piqued my interest. BlackBerry should take a page out of apples book and release another Z10 with these capabilities.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 01:26 PM
    I do use it tfr pics and music. Similar to blue tooth in that respect. Guess my rant is more for the payment side of nfc and what it's capable of from that standpoint

To be clear, NFC doesn't actually perform the file transfer. It does the "handshaking" to authenticate devices and set up a connection by some other means. Usually, that's Bluetooth but with 10.2 it looks like it will try to set up WiFi Direct first if possible.

From the awesome PHYSICAL keyboard of my Q10
    sf49ers likes this.
    09-18-13 01:30 PM
    To be clear, NFC doesn't actually perform the file transfer. It does the "handshaking" to authenticate devices and set up a connection by some other means. Usually, that's Bluetooth but with 10.2 it looks like it will try to set up WiFi Direct first if possible.
    Hmm.. I'll have to try mine again. Last time I tried it I thought it was defective as it wouldn't do anything. BT was turned off, but shouldn't it have enabled it automatically?
    09-18-13 01:36 PM
    Does anyone know if the hardware camera has been improved in ANY way?

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 04:55 PM
    Does anyone know if the hardware camera has been improved in ANY way?

Posted via CB10
    The specs for the cameras are identical on these phones. Primary 8MP Secondary 2MP. Don't foresee improvement in that department. Unless the faster hardware will help in some small way dual-core 1.7GHz versus 1.5GHz. Adreno GPU 320 (quad core) versus 225 (dual core). Don't see how, and I wouldn't hold my breath. The Z30 is definitely a phone 1st and foremost. It offers a better sound and a stronger antenna. For those of us on the Z10, this may not be a big incentive, but temptation is temptation. It's still there. lol The phone function/part is what is most important (IMO), and the Z30 will be a phone first in aces. Can't say I will mind the bigger screen. I'm always increasing the size of everything/anything I'm looking at whenever possible. I've kind of decided to have this beauty "the Z30" as my phone. To each his own. Z30. Bring it on. Sorry I couldn't really answer your question. Hope you didn't mind my rant. Cheers
    09-18-13 08:41 PM
    I have to agree with others. The z10 is not fully working and should be fixed first. Good luck with a z30. I pre-ordered the disastrous Playbook and the Z10. Only to get a incomplete OS and poor hardware specs. I told people before that the specs were not high enough (Good examples: screen refresh rate is crap, photos are sub par, and the phone restarts on its own). BB sits on mounds of cash and doesn't utilize it. It designs 1 OS for 2 Phones, it should be perfect..... Anyways ill end my rant. You asked about the z30 specs:

Well the Galaxy Nexus 5 is rumored to drop next month. Here are the specs for it:
    Google Nexus 5 specs
    •5.2″ OLED Display with 1920�1080 resolution
    •Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 @ 2.3 GHz
    •3GB LPDDR3 Ram
    •16/32/64GB of internal storage
    •16MP rear camera by OmniVision (4k video recording @30FPS, 1080p video recording @60FPS, Real Time HDR & HDR video recording, optical image stabilization, BSI 2.0)
    •2.1MP front camera (1080p video recording @30FPS)
    •3300 mAh Lithium Polymer battery
    •Front positioned stereo speakers
    •Qualcomm RF360 (LTE 150 Mbps & HSPA+)
    •Integrated DVB-T / ATSC-antenna
    •Gesture like controls (navigation, zoom, etc)

That already murders the z30 and will do it the at same price or below. Now someone will mention that Google "may or may not" sell at a loss. I could care less, I use the end product, not the money. I plan to get out of the Z10 once the Nexus 5 drops, and wont be back for the Z30.
    09-18-13 09:10 PM

Well the Galaxy Nexus 5 is rumored to drop next month. Here are the specs for it:
    Google Nexus 5 specs
    �5.2″ OLED Display with 1920�1080 resolution
    �Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 @ 2.3 GHz
    �3GB LPDDR3 Ram
    �16/32/64GB of internal storage
    �16MP rear camera by OmniVision (4k video recording @30FPS, 1080p video recording @60FPS, Real Time HDR & HDR video recording, optical image stabilization, BSI 2.0)
    �2.1MP front camera (1080p video recording @30FPS)
    �3300 mAh Lithium Polymer battery
    �Front positioned stereo speakers
    �Qualcomm RF360 (LTE 150 Mbps & HSPA+)
    �Integrated DVB-T / ATSC-antenna
    �Gesture like controls (navigation, zoom, etc)
    This is how 5inch phone should be, in my opinion, z30 was another failure of blackberry, nothing special specificaton from z10, just bigger in some aspect.
    I think they would release z50 soon with a little improvement again.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 09:26 PM
    I dunno why people are b****-ing about the screen (295 PPI) but they forgot to realize that UNLIKE the Z10 that has a higher PPI but only uses a SINGLE-CORE GPU, this one uses a QUAD-CORE GPU. I mean I'm willing to sacrifice few PPI's for performance. And it's barely noticeable anyways since you can see only so much pixels.
    09-18-13 09:30 PM
    I dunno why people are b****-ing about the screen (295 PPI) but they forgot to realize that UNLIKE the Z10 that has a higher PPI but only uses a SINGLE-CORE GPU, this one uses a QUAD-CORE GPU. I mean I'm willing to sacrifice few PPI's for performance. And it's barely noticeable anyways since you can see only so much pixels.
    The human eye can see a max of 700ppi (possibly up to 1000ppi). I can still see the pixels on Apples "retina" display. But that's not the point. My point, was that once again, BB is overpricing hardware. SuperAMOLED? The Galaxy Nexus had that for $300 in 2011 w/316ppi to boot. I'm not an Android fanboy, even though my posts sound like it. I have only owned BB (7 phones) and 1 Galaxy Nexus. Just tired of people defending **** hardware. That's like saying, well the I3 is fast enough, why make an I7....

Also the z10 is a Dual-Core...
    09-18-13 09:37 PM
    What are you talking about?
    Z10 is dual core, and z30 is dual core too, better you recheck first in gsmarena lol
    I think just a little performance differences between 1.5 and 1.7ghz. And until now I never found a lag in my z10
    I still laughed from your quad core z30 hahaha

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 09:41 PM
    I have to agree with others. The z10 is not fully working and should be fixed first. Good luck with a z30. I pre-ordered the disastrous Playbook and the Z10. Only to get a incomplete OS and poor hardware specs. I told people before that the specs were not high enough (Good examples: screen refresh rate is crap, photos are sub par, and the phone restarts on its own). BB sits on mounds of cash and doesn't utilize it. It designs 1 OS for 2 Phones, it should be perfect..... Anyways ill end my rant. You asked about the z30 specs:

Google Nexus 5 specs
    �5.2″ OLED Display with 1920�1080 resolution
    �Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 @ 2.3 GHz
    �3GB LPDDR3 Ram
    �16/32/64GB of internal storage
    �16MP rear camera by OmniVision (4k video recording @30FPS, 1080p video recording @60FPS, Real Time HDR & HDR video recording, optical image stabilization, BSI 2.0)
    �2.1MP front camera (1080p video recording @30FPS)
    �3300 mAh Lithium Polymer battery
    �Front positioned stereo speakers
    �Qualcomm RF360 (LTE 150 Mbps & HSPA+)
    �Integrated DVB-T / ATSC-antenna
    �Gesture like controls (navigation, zoom, etc)

That already murders the z30 and will do it the at same price or below. Now someone will mention that Google "may or may not" sell at a loss. I could care less, I use the end product, not the money. I plan to get out of the Z10 once the Nexus 5 drops, and wont be back for the Z30.
    Um...no.
    LG Nexus 5 - Full phone specifications

5' screen, 13mp camera (and no mention of 4k video), 16gb/32gb storage, 2,300mAh battery.

You supped up some of the specs.
    It's gonna me an awesome phone yes. But it's based on the G2, it's not going to have a better camera and specs that It.
    09-18-13 09:41 PM
    What are you talking about?
    Z10 is dual core, and z30 is dual core too, better you recheck first in gsmarena lol
    I think just a little performance differences between 1.5 and 1.7ghz. And until now I never found a lag in my z10
    I still laughed from your quad core z30 hahaha

Posted via CB10
    GPU not CPU. Their CPU's are both Dual Core however

Z10 : http://crackberry.com/official-black...s-and-features
    Z30 : http://crackberry.com/blackberry-z30-specifications
    hazarder likes this.
    09-18-13 09:45 PM
    Um...no.
    LG Nexus 5 - Full phone specifications

5' screen, 13mp camera (and no mention of 4k video), 16gb/32gb storage, 2,300mAh battery.

You supped up some of the specs.
    It's gonna me an awesome phone yes. But it's based on the G2, it's not going to have a better camera and specs that It.
    LOL- Those specs have been revamped completely. Do you not notice the "Unofficial preliminary specifications"
    09-18-13 09:45 PM
    The human eye can see a max of 700ppi (possibly up to 1000ppi). I can still see the pixels on Apples "retina" display. But that's not the point. My point, was that once again, BB is overpricing hardware. SuperAMOLED? The Galaxy Nexus had that for $300 in 2011 w/316ppi to boot. I'm not an Android fanboy, even though my posts sound like it. I have only owned BB (7 phones) and 1 Galaxy Nexus. Just tired of people defending **** hardware. That's like saying, well the I3 is fast enough, why make an I7....

Also the z10 is a Dual-Core...
    According to Wikipedia, looks like we can only see up to 300 ppi... if so, then anything over (including the z10 screen since we have what, 365 ppi?) is a numbers game of no real value

So, essentially BlackBerry built a phone that will suit our needs, not perceived needs of no real value... (not that it matters unfortunately)

Would agree about pricing though... BlackBerry always seems to overprice... like apple... everything is at least $100 too much

Cut and pasted text:

Some observations have indicated that the unaided human eye can generally not differentiate detail beyond 300 PPI;[4] however, this figure depends both on the distance between viewer and image, and the viewer?s visual acuity. The human eye also responds differently to bright, evenly lit and interactive display, than prints on paper.
    09-18-13 09:55 PM
    We could argue all day on PPI. But, The human eye, under best lighting conditions, can resolve objects slightly less than one arc minute. One arc-minute corresponds to 0.003 inch at a distance of 10 inches. The inverse of 0.003 = 344, but it takes at least two pixels to resolve something, so double this number and we get about 700 ppi as the resolution of the eye at one arc-minute.

Either way, your right that anything above 300ppi would be hard to tell, but I am an avid supporter of advancement in technology. I mean sure regular hard drives can read/write fast enough, but SSD kills. No point to not increase the hardware specs especially when they ask top dollar. I hate jumping all over the place, but your not going to pay top price for a BMW 7 series with engine pulled from a Honda just because the car still drives...
    09-18-13 10:01 PM
    I think a lot of things on it are "that'll do"

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 10:11 PM
    My understanding of the PPI kerfuffle is "more than Bold 9900, less than Z10", which is pretty OK for me.

My Bold 9900 screen was purdy.
    09-18-13 10:13 PM
    LOL my bad i don't see clearly, sorry mate.
    so the GPU has core too, i never know that..
    09-18-13 10:40 PM
30 12