Hello all
    I'm having a issue with one of my loud speakers, iv came across a couple ads for mid frames that includes the speakers. Only thing is they both say "Z30" now I know there are different models of Z30, and at least two different screens, is the mid frame universal? Mine is a -5 gsm (rogers) anyone ever purchased one of these.
    Thx keith

Blackberry Z30 Battery with Middle Frame | eBay and
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/New-Replacemen...907?nav=SEARCH

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 09:50 AM
    I _THINK_ only the Verizon model is different than the others.
    09-13-15 10:53 AM
    Hello all
    I'm having a issue with one of my loud speakers, iv came across a couple ads for mid frames that includes the speakers. Only thing is they both say "Z30" now I know there are different models of Z30, and at least two different screens, is the mid frame universal? Mine is a -5 gsm (rogers) anyone ever purchased one of these.
    Thx keith

Blackberry Z30 Battery with Middle Frame | eBay and
    New Replacement Mid Chassis Front LCD Bezel Frame Battery for Blackberry Z30 | eBay

Posted via CB10
    The Verizon branded Z30, model STA100-3, does have a different mid-frame from the other Z30 models.
    Specifically, due to hardware differences, the STA100-3 has a different rear cover, mid-frame, mainboard, and screen frame. All other Z30 models, like the STA100-5, have the same large parts.
    The glass part of the screen is the same, but the frame is is attached too has different positions for the screws that hold the device together, which in turn effects the holes in the mainboard, and the mid-frame. The difference in the rear cover is due to different latch points on the mid-frame for the rear cover to attached. The other differences in the mainboard are due to the STA100-3 QI wireless charging antenna connections and the hardware support that feature.

The common parts between the models is the battery, the glass part of the screen, and the sub parts like the camera, speakers/mics, and buttons. These small parts work in any Z30 model.

Generally, people selling Z30 parts will specify if the large parts are for the STA100-3 Version model, and if they do not mention the model that normally means it is for the other Z30 model and not the STA100-3.
    But when in doubt, ask the seller.

All that said, the two eBay items you linked, if the image truly represents the product they are selling, both are not the STA100-3 Verizon model parts, as I can see the positioning of the screw holes in the high resolution photos.
    They do not match the positions in my Verizon Z30 STA100-3.
    So they are for the other Z30 models, like the STA100-5.
    Last edited by DaFoxGrey; 09-13-15 at 11:35 AM.
    darkshin0b11 and FF22 like this.
    09-13-15 11:23 AM
    The Verizon branded Z30, model STA100-3, does have a different mid-frame from the other Z30 models.
    Specifically, due to hardware differences, the STA100-3 has a different rear cover, mid-frame, mainboard, and screen frame. All other Z30 models, like the STA100-5, have the same large parts.
    The glass part of the screen is the same, but the frame is is attached too has different positions for the screws that hold the device together, which in turn effects the holes in the mainboard, and the mid-frame. The difference in the rear cover is due to different latch points on the mid-frame for the rear cover to attached. The other differences in the mainboard are due to the STA100-3 QI wireless charging antenna connections and the hardware support that feature.

The common parts between the models is the battery, the glass part of the screen, and the sub parts like the camera, speakers/mics, and buttons. These small parts work in any Z30 model.

Generally, people selling Z30 parts will specify if the large parts are for the STA100-3 Version model, and if they do not mention the model that normally means it is for the other Z30 model and not the STA100-3.
    But when in doubt, ask the seller.

All that said, the two eBay items you linked, if the image truly represents the product they are selling, both are not the STA100-3 Verizon model parts, as I can see the positioning of the screw holes in the high resolution photos.
    They do not match the positions in my Verizon Z30 STA100-3.
    So they are for the other Z30 models, like the STA100-5.
    Thank you very much for this reply.
    I have messaged the sellers and have not gotten any replies. It is the weekend so I'll see what happens Monday.
    Keith

Posted via CB10
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    09-13-15 06:49 PM
    So I sent a question to each vendor.
    What I said was...

Hi,
    There are many models of the Z30, including a couple different screens, is this mid frame a universal part? I have a -5 gsm rogers Canada model.
    Keith

The reply I got back ...

it is middle classics front lcd bazel frame ,thanks

Does this make any sense to anyone. Lol. Waiting for a reply back.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-15 09:43 AM
    I've bought that exact part before. It's genuine z30 part and it is for the regular version and NOT the Verizon version.

One thing to think about though, is that those frames don't come with the camera part. It's no problem to switch over the rear camera but it's damn near impossible to switch over the front facing camera.

So if you buy that part, be aware that if you use it, you will have no front facing camera.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-15 02:32 PM
    I've bought that exact part before. It's genuine z30 part and it is for the regular version and NOT the Verizon version.

One thing to think about though, is that those frames don't come with the camera part. It's no problem to switch over the rear camera but it's damn near impossible to switch over the front facing camera.

So if you buy that part, be aware that if you use it, you will have no front facing camera.

Posted via CB10
    That for your reply. With the two ads posted can you tell me which one you bought? It's the loud speakers I'm after, and they are included. Did you ever get the camera switched over?.
    Keith

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 05:00 AM
    Z30 Mid frame-img_20150915_134014.jpg you have to be a bit brutal to get the front camera out, but it's only clipped in, just bend the frame down a little and it should pop out.
    Refitting is just a question of pushing it into the new frame, no ribbons just the gold contacts.

Good luck!

Posted via CB4
    FF22 likes this.
    09-15-15 07:43 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150915_134014.jpg 
Views:	924 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	371353 you have to be a bit brutal to get the front camera out, but it's only clipped in, just bend the frame down a little and it should pop out.
    Refitting is just a question of pushing it into the new frame, no ribbons just the gold contacts.

Good luck!

Posted via CB4
    Were you actually able to get it to work and look ok?

I found that after prying the thing out of the metal casing, it was impossible to get it back in properly.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 10:15 AM
    I've done it twice, both from old frames into new ones. So the old one ends up unusable, but the camera pops into the new frame nicely each time

Posted via CB4
    09-15-15 11:10 AM
    I've done it twice, both from old frames into new ones. So the old one ends up unusable, but the camera pops into the new frame nicely each time

Posted via CB4
    Can I ask why you have done it twice? Loud speaker issues?

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 02:49 PM
    Can I ask why you have done it twice? Loud speaker issues?

Posted via CB10
    Never for loud speaker, one was broken power button and the other was for a scuff on the frame

Posted via CB4
    09-15-15 04:09 PM
    Z30 Mid frame-img_20150916_211051.jpg

So just as a test I got to the speakers from the back, the pieces seem to come off easily but I think they would have to be glued back on, but maybe it's an option if you don't want to go the other way

Posted via CB4
    09-16-15 03:13 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150916_211051.jpg 
Views:	403 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	371669

So just as a test I got to the speakers from the back, the pieces seem to come off easily but I think they would have to be glued back on, but maybe it's an option if you don't want to go the other way

Posted via CB4
    I went to a local shop to see if he could replace it, he never worked on speakers before, so he had a Z30 frame, so he tried on his carcass. He popped it off and yes there are a couple tabs that appear to be melted in and upon prying they break. He wasn't sure how to reattach it if he was even able to get the speaker.
    Any links to just the speakers?
    Keith

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 09:03 PM
    If you want the speakers out of this one drop me a pm and I will send them to you

Posted via CB4
    09-17-15 08:00 AM
    Good catch
    09-17-15 07:29 PM

Posted via CB4
    Just wanted to say thanks for this advice. Just received my new frame and popped the camera in no problem!

My problem was a blown lower speaker. I got the frame without battery for cheap on eBay and my phone is like brand new again. I just love how easy the Z30 is to take apart and repair/swap parts. Honestly it's the perfect phone.

Posted via CB10
    vanrickman likes this.
    09-28-15 10:56 PM
    Just wanted to say thanks for this advice. Just received my new frame and popped the camera in no problem!

My problem was a blown lower speaker. I got the frame without battery for cheap on eBay and my phone is like brand new again. I just love how easy the Z30 is to take apart and repair/swap parts. Honestly it's the perfect phone.

Posted via CB10
    No problem, glad to be of some help!
    I probably would advise anyone to buy the frame with the battery, as that's stuck in pretty good!
    Glad you got it sorted tho

Posted via CB4
    09-29-15 02:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    Can you post a link to the one you got? Was it "non" Verizon?
    Thx

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 05:01 AM
    If you want the speakers out of this one drop me a pm and I will send them to you

Posted via CB4
    Thx bud. I don't know how to pm on the app. Not on a computer very often.
    Thx

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 05:02 AM