Of course they're not going to talk about rumored devices, but the one that just came out of engineering on wednesday is 1080p

Posted via CB10
    Do tell .

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 06:53 PM
    Of course they're not going to talk about rumored devices, but the one that just came out of engineering on wednesday is 1080p

Posted via CB10
    Ohhhh snaapppp lol

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 07:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    When I asked Alec on BBM a question regarding an upcoming release, he said to ask Andrew, I did and got a straight answer. That's all I'm saying for now.

(Just because a device came out of engineering with an "alleged" 1080p display does not mean it'll find its way to production).

You even said "rumoured"...
    09-15-13 07:31 PM
    When I asked Alec on BBM a question regarding an upcoming release, he said to ask Andrew, I did and got a straight answer. That's all I'm saying for now.

(Just because a device came out of engineering with an "alleged" 1080p display does not mean it'll find its way to production).

You even said "rumoured"...
    Very true. Laredo which is the test platform for Caf has the same screen size and resolution as the Z10, but the final hardware has a 720p screen and a 4.5" screen (unless there was a typo in a config file)

Some development platforms have different camera components, etc.

So Tigris and/or Musket could be using 1080p screens, but let's wait for 2014 to see what the actual AQ hardware looks like.

Having said that, I think it would be quite stupid to release another 720p 5" when they have enough oomph to power a 1080p and it would be too early for a 1440p screen, especially with an A330 GPU.

Sent from my Z30/3
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    09-15-13 07:46 PM
    Very true. Laredo which is the test platform for Caf has the same screen size and resolution as the Z10, but the final hardware has a 720p screen and a 4.5" screen (unless there was a typo in a config file)

Having said that, I think it would be quite stupid to release another 720p 5" when they have enough oomph to power a 1080p and it would be too early for a 1440p screen, especially with an A330 GPU.

Sent from my Z30/3
    But aren't they releasing a 5'' 720p device (z30) in the next month or so?

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 07:50 PM

So Tigris and/or Musket could be using 1080p screens, but let's wait for 2014 to see what the actual AQ hardware looks like.

Sent from my Z30/3
    Indeed. I'm of the "watchin' and waitin'" brigade.
    09-15-13 07:52 PM
    But aren't they releasing a 5'' 720p device (z30) in the next month or so?

Posted via CB10
    Ofutur meant another 5" 720p device in addition to the Z30.
    09-15-13 07:53 PM
    Oh got it, thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    09-15-13 07:55 PM
    Oh got it, thanks.

Posted via CB10
    You're welcome.
    09-15-13 07:56 PM
    Yes and the Z30 is powered by last year's A320 which gives you 15fps at 1080p vs 30fps at 720p in OpenGL benchmarks (roughly, for illustration purposes)

Sent from my Z30/3
    Pete The Penguin and wincyUt like this.
    09-15-13 07:59 PM
    that case kills it :P
    It's put on intentionally I think.

Post via CB Z10
    09-15-13 08:48 PM
    well lets see, I used cyanogen mod most often because it was the most stable and to be honest I always carried a second phone because I was never sure if the modded Android would let me down...and I can't be bothered to go into details. The stock phones were a little more reliable, but whats the point of a stock android? The phones I used were LG Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy II, SGIII, Galaxy SIIX, LG 2X so there was a variety there.......I beginning to believe the only reason people mess with these phones is to get them to do what they should be doing in the first place..............no need to mess with BB10
    How can you say they weren't as clean or effective if you can control pretty much everything? You can control what information is displayed on your home screens, configure radio toggles, etc. I always keep things pretty minimalist, myself. Just a clock/weather app, and my 8 most used apps for my main home screen. My other screens are widgets like music player controls, email, calendar, and twitter. My radio controls are in my notification drawer, where I prefer them. I rarely have to go into my app list because what I use most is at my fingertips. I really enjoyed my time with BB10, but it seemed like I was always tweaking things to my preferences. I would have liked to be able to pin certain active frames down so they wouldn't move around as I go in and out of apps, or have to restart them if my phone rebooted. I always liked to have my calendar, weather, BBM, and browser as my active frames. Maybe I'm just a tad OCD lol.
    09-15-13 09:02 PM
    hard to "accidentally" put on a case
    It's put on intentionally I think.

Post via CB Z10
    Nharzhool likes this.
    09-15-13 09:04 PM
    hard to "accidentally" put on a case
    It's in carrier testing, as in, they intentionly want to hide the way it looks with the case
    imcurved likes this.
    09-15-13 09:13 PM
    It always baffles me when I see this claim. See the page button on the upper right? That's what I tap to get to a scrollable view of my running tasks on my Xperia Z. Then I tap the app I need next. It's two taps, just like the swipe then tap on BB10. Two movements. That's it.

I don't play games on mine, either.

http://i.imgur.com/kWOMLBU.jpg

Ninja edit: And if you're referring to incoming notifications, they scroll right before your eyes in the task bar. You instantly know which app the message is coming from, the sender, and first few lines of text. If you deem it important enough to respond to right away, swipe the notification bar and tap the notification. Again, two gestures.
    Congratulations, man! You and your two taps are awesome! From now on, I'm going to call you Pantless "Two Taps" Penguin.

Posted via CB10
    spiculated likes this.
    09-15-13 09:44 PM
    Yes and the Z30 is powered by last year's A320 which gives you 15fps at 1080p vs 30fps at 720p in OpenGL benchmarks (roughly, for illustration purposes)

Sent from my Z30/3
    Interesting stuff, where did you learn this Oli?

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 10:00 PM
    Issues?? Cleanse from inside out.

Yes

28/M/SWEDEN -> 2ABA2B4C (NO PEOPLE FROM AFRICA OR ASIA)
    09-15-13 10:00 PM
    Congratulations, man! You and your two taps are awesome! From now on, I'm going to call you Pantless "Two Taps" Penguin.

Posted via CB10
    I can't stop laughing

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 10:09 PM
    well lets see, I used cyanogen mod most often because it was the most stable and to be honest I always carried a second phone because I was never sure if the modded Android would let me down...and I can't be bothered to go into details. The stock phones were a little more reliable, but whats the point of a stock android? The phones I used were LG Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy II, SGIII, Galaxy SIIX, LG 2X so there was a variety there.......I beginning to believe the only reason people mess with these phones is to get them to do what they should be doing in the first place..............no need to mess with BB10
    If there's no need to mess with BB10, why do so many people here rejoice over new OS leaks? I never flashed a ROM on Android, jailbroke iOS, or installed a leaked OS on BB10, but I get the appeal. People just like tinkering and seeing what else their device is capable of. If you really think it's to make the device do what it's supposed to, then you should be fair and apply that same logic to those that install BB10 leaks.
    Jonneh likes this.
    09-15-13 10:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    Assuming you are on BB10 I could call you Captain "Swipe Tap" Hilts but I'm really not sure about the point of identifying each other by app switching methods. Care to enlighten me?
    Jonneh likes this.
    09-15-13 10:15 PM
    It's a good phone, this Z30. But if they app eco-system is not there to support it, then no matter how awesome it may look compared to other phone, android and IOS will always have an edge. IMO

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 10:47 PM
    It's a good phone, this Z30. But if they app eco-system is not there to support it, then no matter how awesome it may look compared to other phone, android and IOS will always have an edge. IMO

Posted via CB10
    Ecosystems aren't built in such short time. I'm hoping to see more mainstream apps to drop after 10.2

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    09-15-13 10:48 PM
    Yeah that's true. Just wasn't sure if BlackBerry decided to break that promise since the market seems to be moving to 1080p resolution. I actually don't think they should since Dev support is more important right now than 1080p resolution.

Either way. If I have my way (read as: if my wife doesn't give me ****) , I'll be selling my Z10 and going for the Z30 at launch.

Posted via CB10
    That's how BlackBerry got in the situation to began with: they ignored market trends and just kept putting out the smae product. They cannot afford to fall behind again. The rumored O series will likely launch next year with 1080 p display. So really BlackBerry is kinda in a bad position no matter what. Either fall behind in technology or tick off developers.

Sent from my Q10
    09-15-13 11:00 PM
    If there's no need to mess with BB10, why do so many people here rejoice over new OS leaks? I never flashed a ROM on Android, jailbroke iOS, or installed a leaked OS on BB10, but I get the appeal. People just like tinkering and seeing what else their device is capable of. If you really think it's to make the device do what it's supposed to, then you should be fair and apply that same logic to those that install BB10 leaks.
    There's a huge difference, I've always been able to depend on BB10 to do what I needed, whether I installed a leak or not. Btw I never installed a leak because I needed it on BB10....the difference with ALL the androids I used was that the custom ROMs were a necessity to deal with all the crap and bloat ware and as a fix for the inevitable lag.... and like I said earlier as far as I'm concerned there's no argument so I'm done with the subject
    09-15-13 11:01 PM
    Lots of people taking it too personally around here. Take it easy guys.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 11:17 PM
273 ... 678910 ...