which aspects of the iPhone spec are you referring to as far as the Camera goes? The camera on the Z30 and the iPhone 5S (per the following link: Apple - iPhone 5s - Technical Specifications) are both 8 MP.
    /facepalm

You can't just say two phones take similar quality pictures because they both have the same megapixel count. It doesn't work that way...if not you'd think the 41MP Nokia 1020 is FAR better than an 18MP Canon T5i DSLR.
    09-15-13 05:10 PM
    Here are some specs on Sony Z1, I doubt the Z30 is anything close to this.

Sony Xperia Z1 at a glance
    General: Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE, penta-band UMTS/HSPA, 100 Mbps LTE
    Form factor: Water-resistant cameraphone
    Dimensions: 144 x 74 x 8.5 mm, 170g
    Display: 5" 16M-color 1080p (441ppi) TFT capacitive touchscreen, Triluminous display with X-Reality and OptiContrast
    Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800, quad-core 2.2 GHz Krait 400, Adreno 330, 2GB of RAM
    Camera: 20.7MP camera with 1/2.3" Exmor RS sensor and Sony G Lens, F/2.0 aperture; 2MP front-facing camera
    Video camera: 1080p video capture with HDR mode
    Memory: 16GB of inbuilt storage, microSD card slot, up to 64GB
    Connectivity: Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0, standard microUSB port with MHL and USB host, GPS receiver with A-GPS, 3.5mm audio jack, NFC
    Battery: Sealed 3,000mAh battery
    Misc: IP58 certified - dust-protected and water resistant; shatter proof and scratch-resistant glass for the front and the back panel, metal frame on the sides
    I just highlighted where XPeria Z1 fails against the Z30 !
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    09-15-13 05:13 PM
    I gave up arguing with people who have never used android enough to understand how things work. It's really not that complicated as you have said but hey if it's not BB10 it's not good enough.

I personally prefer multitasking on android with the dedicated multitasking button so that one does not have to minimize the app to see the active apps or recent apps running. I think what BB10 really needs is a way to go back to the previous app with a gesture within a current app.
    Tells everyone how we're oblivious to anything else because we think our platform is best, denounces us as mindless fanboys.

Goes on to explain how android is better
    09-15-13 05:18 PM
    If and when blackberry were to survive and make it through....you believe ALL future devices will be 720 P? that's all I was getting at. In the near term yes...but can't see all future devices will always be that way.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 05:25 PM
    Tells everyone how we're oblivious to anything else because we think our platform is best, denounces us as mindless fanboys.

Goes on to explain how android is better
    More like goes on to explain their own preference. Lots better than simply saying something sucks without using it. Knowledge is power and all that.
    ddlax22 and MERCDROID like this.
    09-15-13 05:33 PM
    If and when blackberry were to survive and make it through....you believe ALL future devices will be 720 P? that's all I was getting at. In the near term yes...but can't see all future devices will always be that way.

Posted via CB10
    Given the chipsets they're working with this year, it's smart to stick to 720p. The GS4 sucks at gaming because of its 1080p screen.
    Now next year, starting with the A330 GPU, they will be able to move to 1080p. Only 9 months to go, yeah!
    ddlax22 and wincyUt like this.
    09-15-13 05:41 PM
    I just highlighted where XPeria Z1 fails against the Z30 !
    because it has jelly bean it fails?
    pantlesspenguin and MERCDROID like this.
    09-15-13 05:41 PM
    this thread turned into a **** show haha
    09-15-13 05:49 PM
    Given the chipsets they're working with this year, it's smart to stick to 720p. The GS4 sucks at gaming because of its 1080p screen.
    Now next year, starting with the A330 GPU, they will be able to move to 1080p. Only 9 months to go, yeah!
    1080p costs more resources to play games correct?

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 05:55 PM
    More like goes on to explain their own preference. Lots better than simply saying something sucks without using it. Knowledge is power and all that.
    You're right. Sorry

Crazy how quickly we can get riled up over nothing
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-15-13 05:55 PM
    Am I the only one who thinks the Z30 is ugly?
    09-15-13 05:58 PM
    1080p costs more resources to play games correct?

Posted via CB10
    yep, GPU, processor etc have to work harder to maintian framerate and such
    09-15-13 05:59 PM
    Depends who you ask. I'm only bothered with the silver at the bottom but I'll need to see it in my hands.

Posted via CB10
    Yes

28/M/SWEDEN -> 2ABA2B4C (NO PEOPLE FROM AFRICA OR ASIA)
    Akuji_ism likes this.
    Guys, think about it. Shrugging off the competition, saying it sucks, saying people don't need these options, etc is exactly what got BB in their predicament in the first place. I've owned BlackBerry, Android, and iOS. I can see the good in all platforms. I don't say the things that I didn't like about them "suck" because I recognize that they're MY OWN PREFERENCES. What sucks for me, someone else might not mind or it might not be a function they use like I do. Right now I don't think Windows Phone is a good option for me, but who would I be to say it sucks? I know some people who love it. That's great if it works for them! As far as iOS, I was really impressed with the iPhone 5S. Is it for me? I'd be really tempted if the screen was over 4.5" I'm also not really a fan of iTunes or a homescreen full of just icons. But again that's my OWN PREFERENCE. Just because they went with the same small screen doesn't mean I'm going to say it sucks.

Take the BlackBerry vs BB10 multitasking for example. I don't mind that Android pauses a video when I reply to a notification (it only pauses when I click out of the video app btw, I can pull down the notification shade and the video still runs) because if I'm watching a video I want to see all of it. But I think it's great that BB has that option for those who have different wants. I like how I can tap the multitasking button on Android and see several (not just 8) little windows of my running apps and go back into them. However, those little windows don't give updates like BB10's active frames. For example, the weather app window will still show the last view I was in and not an updated account of the weater. My FB window shows the last view, and not the little red indicator showing I have new notifications. That's where BB10 excels with their auto updating active frames. I like how Android handles incoming notifications better, but I'm really looking forward to trying out the 10.2 toast notifications.

See how this works? I can appreciate the pros of both without saying the other one "sucks." If some killer features come out at the Z30 launch and I switch back to BB10, do I automatically have to start disliking Android? Of course not.
    09-15-13 06:05 PM
    Care to elaborate to us "lay" people how the USB fingerprint scanner would work? Thanks.

Yeah, they were really blindsided by that new iPhone release in September and its specs. They are now scrambling to find ways to upgrade the camera and sensors for an October launch and I hear it might come with a USB fingerprint scanner attached to it.

OK, je sors
    09-15-13 06:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's been stated ALL will be, on that, I don't know. I asked several people at BlackBerry who pointed be to the Dev blog.
    09-15-13 06:32 PM
    It's been stated ALL will be, on that, I don't know. I asked several people at BlackBerry who pointed be to the Dev blog.
    I hear ya...I just find it odd that's all.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 06:34 PM
    Guys, think about it. Shrugging off the competition, saying it sucks, saying people don't need these options, etc is exactly what got BB in their predicament in the first place. I've owned BlackBerry, Android, and iOS. I can see the good in all platforms. I don't say the things that I didn't like about them "suck" because I recognize that they're MY OWN PREFERENCES. What sucks for me, someone else might not mind or it might not be a function they use like I do. Right now I don't think Windows Phone is a good option for me, but who would I be to say it sucks? I know some people who love it. That's great if it works for them! As far as iOS, I was really impressed with the iPhone 5S. Is it for me? I'd be really tempted if the screen was over 4.5" I'm also not really a fan of iTunes or a homescreen full of just icons. But again that's my OWN PREFERENCE. Just because they went with the same small screen doesn't mean I'm going to say it sucks.

Take the BlackBerry vs BB10 multitasking for example. I don't mind that Android pauses a video when I reply to a notification (it only pauses when I click out of the video app btw, I can pull down the notification shade and the video still runs) because if I'm watching a video I want to see all of it. But I think it's great that BB has that option for those who have different wants. I like how I can tap the multitasking button on Android and see several (not just 8) little windows of my running apps and go back into them. However, those little windows don't give updates like BB10's active frames. For example, the weather app window will still show the last view I was in and not an updated account of the weater. My FB window shows the last view, and not the little red indicator showing I have new notifications. That's where BB10 excels with their auto updating active frames. I like how Android handles incoming notifications better, but I'm really looking forward to trying out the 10.2 toast notifications.

See how this works? I can appreciate the pros of both without saying the other one "sucks." If some killer features come out at the Z30 launch and I switch back to BB10, do I automatically have to start disliking Android? Of course not.
    Thanks for this Penguin, this thread needed a healthy dose of common sense.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-15-13 06:35 PM
    I hear ya...I just find it odd that's all.

Posted via CB10
    Same here; time will tell.
    09-15-13 06:36 PM
    After Z30, devices will be 1080p

Posted via CB10
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    09-15-13 06:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not true :P
    There is a 1280x768 coming, followed by a 720p and a 720x720

After that, it's a seeeeeeeecreeeeeeeet

Care to elaborate to us "lay" people how the USB fingerprint scanner would work? Thanks.
    It was a joke. Everybody knew a long time ago what the 5S would be and it hasn't affected BB's 2013 lineup. Let's see what they come up with in 2014.
    wincyUt likes this.
    09-15-13 06:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not according to Andrew Bocking, Alec Saunders or several other BlackBerry execs. Let's wait and see, rather than stirring the pot.
    09-15-13 06:42 PM
    That Z1 is uglier than me.
    09-15-13 06:44 PM
    Not according to Andrew Bocking, Alec Saunders or several other BlackBerry execs. Let's wait and see, rather than stirring the pot.
    Of course they're not going to talk about rumored devices, but the one that just came out of engineering on wednesday is 1080p

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 06:52 PM
273 ... 56789 ...