With toasts on 10.2, now you can reply with one tap.

EDIT: forgot to quote the post saying replies were a two motions thing.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    I know, and that's awesome. I'm looking forward to trying that out. But that response was to refute the claim that it takes "multiple extra motions" on Android to complete a task.
    09-15-13 12:30 PM
    Saving my money for when the Z30 is announced then released.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 12:31 PM
    I had a nexus4 since around the time it was released and with quite poor specs it never had any issues. Only battery life was god awful but the phones overall experience was grand.
    Necus 4 is a quad-core, arrived last year - how's that poor specs?

Sent from my Xperia T using CB Forums mobile app
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-15-13 12:37 PM
    "Inherently slower", LOL, you Android guys should stick to the Android Central forums. I'm not even sure why you feel the need to come over to CB at all if you don't see the point in BlackBerry devices.
    See, when you don't understand something just ask, we're here to help.

Sent from my Xperia T using CB Forums mobile app
    09-15-13 12:58 PM
    Care to post?

Posted via CB10
    Here you go:

09-15-13 01:25 PM
    Because the STB100 doesn't have a keyboard.
    Well obviously you have access to some information that I don't. I defer to your evidently more informed position.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 01:31 PM
    Indeed, it really is! I think that sometimes BB10 users are so amazed with its simplicity that they get it into their head that there's no way anything else could be as efficient as BB10 in handling task switching/multitasking/incoming notifications. Then they post as such without looking into how other operating systems actually handle all that.
    Really ? Android sucks so much that Sony developed a Skin to lay over it. You can cover up a pile a dog crap but its still going to smell. I do appreciate my Sony Xperia Tablet though!
    09-15-13 01:34 PM
    I don't think there's a finger print sensor on the covered z30, as the poster said it's to hide what he's testing. With regards to the STB 100 oftur posted about, the information he gets is directly from the leak OSs.

I don't know much about phone cameras but from what I've read here on CB, if the aperture? is of high enough quality a 8 MP camera can have greater quality than a 13 MP camera, so it depends on software and 'aperture'? also.

Posted via CB10
    anon(2729369) likes this.
    09-15-13 01:38 PM
    You provided no concrete examples...

It really doesn't matter how many android devices you have claimed to have used when it doesn't help your argument without any materialization of how you came to a conclusion. You can make android "clean" through customization and make it appear pretty elegant. If you're talking about effectiveness, android does multitasking just as good if not better as there is no need to exit an app to jump to the next one. I like BB10, but I'm not afraid to provide some constructive feedback. No kool-aid or blinders. I'm done here.
    While I agree with you on the point of being able to customize android to appear elegant, I have to disagree about the multitasking between android and bb10... they are not the same.

BB10 handles multiple running apps loads better than android ever did. Perfect example is how YouTube will continue playing while minimized on BB10 whereas on an Android it would just stop. That means that on 10 you have simultaneously running live apps. No other platform does that.

I came from an Android to BB10, and have witnessed these behaviours on both platforms first hand.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 01:40 PM
    For ALL future devices?

Posted via CB10
    According to BlackBerry, yes.
    09-15-13 01:44 PM
    According to BlackBerry, yes.
    Can you show me a link to a quote where it was stated that ALL future devices would be 720 and not just devices in the next year?

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 02:06 PM
    Can you show me a link to a quote where it was stated that ALL future devices would be 720 and not just devices in the next year?

Posted via CB10
    Standardizing on Screen Resolutions for BlackBerry 10 devices �BlackBerry Developer Blog
    Blacklatino and xiaohuaxing like this.
    09-15-13 02:15 PM
    Really ? Android sucks so much that Sony developed a Skin to lay over it. You can cover up a pile a dog crap but its still going to smell. I do appreciate my Sony Xperia Tablet though!
    That's the standard of the Android world... Samsung has TouchWiz etc... Gotta differentiate your product from the rest or you won't sell it. For a tablet, there's no questions asked, Android is superior to BlackBerry, and the lack of BB10 on the playbook was them admitting their tablet was nothing more than a flop. I'm inherently unimpressed with Android smartphones.
    09-15-13 02:36 PM
    While I agree with you on the point of being able to customize android to appear elegant, I have to disagree about the multitasking between android and bb10... they are not the same.

BB10 handles multiple running apps loads better than android ever did. Perfect example is how YouTube will continue playing while minimized on BB10 whereas on an Android it would just stop. That means that on 10 you have simultaneously running live apps. No other platform does that.

I came from an Android to BB10, and have witnessed these behaviours on both platforms first hand.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I agree, coming from Galaxy Nexus to Note 2 than to Z10/Q10, I would say I prefer the multitasking of BlackBerry 10 over any of the Android "skins" I've used.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 02:39 PM
    Let me wonder, will there be a 3g only version of it? Like the stl100-1????

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 02:54 PM
    Um... ALL manufacturers put their own skin on their Android devices. They put on their own UI and feature set. It's how they differentiate their own Android devices from other manufacturers' Android devices. If you want a stock, skinless Android you get a Nexus device. It has nothing to do with Android "sucking."
    Blacklatino and Donvald like this.
    09-15-13 03:14 PM
    I just came.

Posted via CB10
    LMAO. Really? Wow.
    09-15-13 03:21 PM
    mmmm I want a Z30! Might be the only thing that can make me leave my Q10.
    Same here.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 03:42 PM
    there is nothing but uncertainty surrounding the future of BlackBerry.
    IMO. That's was and still is the main issue for BlackBerry prior to the launch of the Z10 and currently, for many (current/former/new members, media, devs, investors) along with the uncertainty "after" the major announcement. Still doesn't mean most have written off BlackBerry. However, based on what we have/haven't heard, to date, not hard to be concerned that going private will hurt ....more than help BlackBerry at this point.
    09-15-13 03:51 PM
    Between Kris and Blaze, they think have a monopoly on the Inner Sanctum of BlackBerry; they don't.
    Don't apologise for asking a question aminrajabi, you have every right to.

Posted via CB10
    This and this... god forbid you have your own contacts within BB and try to share with the community. Was on the receiving end of some weapons grade whine a few months back.
    09-15-13 03:57 PM
    Whoa, whoa, whoa...hate to do this, but I'm going to use the other fruit company here for illustration. Apple sets the experience and performance benchmark and they hardly use anything close to the "specs" found in Android devices. Optimization is the key, and everyone and their mother knows that Android is a sad excuse for an OS. Nothing about it is good. It's an outright cacophony of a bunch of features that have been put together in such a rudimentary fashion that they cannot run on anything but the latest hardware and despite that it's still slow, prone to lockups, non responsive behavior, you name it.

iOS, BB10, and Windows Phone own any android device any day in terms of the actual user experience. This is a fact.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure you realize that the iPhone 5 was more powerful than 99.9% of Android phones out on release, and the iPhone 5S will likely be every bit as powerful as any upcoming flagship Android device.

'User experience' is highly subjective...
    Akuji_ism likes this.
    09-15-13 05:00 PM
    IMO. That's was and still is the main issue for BlackBerry prior to the launch of the Z10 and currently, for many (current/former/new members, media, devs, investors) along with the uncertainty "after" the major announcement. Still doesn't mean most have written off BlackBerry. However, based on what we have/haven't heard, to date, not hard to be concerned that going private will hurt ....more than help BlackBerry at this point.

May I ask how going private will hurt BlackBerry? In my opinion it would be a huge positive for them as a business because it would take them out of the media limelight where negative biasness from bloggers / analysts holds firm.

Sent from my HTC One using CB Forums mobile app
    09-15-13 05:01 PM
    Let me wonder, will there be a 3g only version of it? Like the stl100-1????

Posted via CB10
    No, they all have LTE, including the Sprint version with band 25
    UnlimitedEra likes this.
    09-15-13 05:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    http://devblog.blackberry.com/2012/0...n-resolutions/

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/...d-720p-screens
    09-15-13 05:04 PM
    This and this... god forbid you have your own contacts within BB and try to share with the community. Was on the receiving end of some weapons grade whine a few months back.
    Did you get whined at by Kris/Blaze?
    Not sure I fully understand your reply... care to pm me to explain? Thanks.
    09-15-13 05:05 PM
273 ... 45678 ...