Why the need to cover it in a shell when the actual device has been pictured without the shell a number of times? (Is it to hide the carrier symbol?)
    09-15-13 11:23 AM
    I thought the common understanding was that there were two versions of the device being tested (720p/1080p) and we didn't know which one BlackBerry decided to go with.

Didn't realize BlackBerry has confirmed anything about a device that doesn't exist. I guess I missed that post.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry have gone with 720p for all future devices. The Z30 has a lower resolution than the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 11:27 AM
    Come on. You know what I mean. I've seen all the pictures that have been leaked but It doesn't "exist" until it has been officially released. Plus saying that it was confirmed before the release of BlackBerry 10 over a year ago doesn't answer my question about the two versions being tested. Something you have indicated several times over the past few months.

Either way. I'm sorry I asked the question. After being jumped on by you and Blaize I really wish I hadn't asked it.

Posted via CB10
    Between Kris and Blaze, they think have a monopoly on the Inner Sanctum of BlackBerry; they don't.
    Don't apologise for asking a question aminrajabi, you have every right to.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 11:33 AM
    I like the look of the Z10 better but I like Z30 screen size
    09-15-13 11:35 AM
    I think the phone looks repulsive, and seems to be the inbred son of the Z10 and Q10.

I'm very satisfied with my Z10. They didn't give it to me, either. I bought it.

What is going through BlackBerry's collective mind? "Hmmm, nobody is buying the Z10, there's talks of a fire sale. Oh!! Let's make it .8 inches bigger, same resolution, and throw the Q10 top on it - this is gonna be what gets us out of this mess!" Looks like a damn Z10/Q10/GS4 orgy happened and the this is the physically deformed inbred child.
    Could. Not. Agree. More.
    The Z30 is fugly!!

Posted via CB10
    tinker2000 likes this.
    09-15-13 11:36 AM
    Whoa, whoa, whoa...hate to do this, but I'm going to use the other fruit company here for illustration. Apple sets the experience and performance benchmark and they hardly use anything close to the "specs" found in Android devices. Optimization is the key, and everyone and their mother knows that Android is a sad excuse for an OS. Nothing about it is good. It's an outright cacophony of a bunch of features that have been put together in such a rudimentary fashion that they cannot run on anything but the latest hardware and despite that it's still slow, prone to lockups, non responsive behavior, you name it.

iOS, BB10, and Windows Phone own any android device any day in terms of the actual user experience. This is a fact.

Posted via CB10
    Exaclty. I have an Android phone (since before I got my Q10 and Z10) and while I like the customising features, I prefer BB10 for what I can acheive. The UX is sublime.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 11:39 AM
    Ahaha, these comments are way too funny...

...unless something radical happens in last few weeks the Z1, arrived around February, right when Z10 came out, is practically already mopping the floor with a soon-to-be-released BB flagship device, let's just admit it.

PS: I love the Z1 design, just like I love Z10 too - Z30, OTOH, looks like some rounded Samsung crap to me.

Sent from my Xperia T using CB Forums mobile app
    I think you might be confusing the Xperia Z with the Z1. The Z is the device that came out in February and the Z1 is its successor.
    09-15-13 11:42 AM
    Still just a browser shortcut. Not sure why you think this is going to change.
    Lol...hes just asking a question dude.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 11:42 AM
    It always baffles me when I see this claim. See the page button on the upper right? That's what I tap to get to a scrollable view of my running tasks on my Xperia Z. Then I tap the app I need next. It's two taps, just like the swipe then tap on BB10. Two movements. That's it.

I don't play games on mine, either.

Ninja edit: And if you're referring to incoming notifications, they scroll right before your eyes in the task bar. You instantly know which app the message is coming from, the sender, and first few lines of text. If you deem it important enough to respond to right away, swipe the notification bar and tap the notification. Again, two gestures.
    I gave up arguing with people who have never used android enough to understand how things work. It's really not that complicated as you have said but hey if it's not BB10 it's not good enough.

I personally prefer multitasking on android with the dedicated multitasking button so that one does not have to minimize the app to see the active apps or recent apps running. I think what BB10 really needs is a way to go back to the previous app with a gesture within a current app.
    09-15-13 11:45 AM
    It always baffles me when I see this claim. See the page button on the upper right? That's what I tap to get to a scrollable view of my running tasks on my Xperia Z. Then I tap the app I need next. It's two taps, just like the swipe then tap on BB10. Two movements. That's it.

I don't play games on mine, either.

[url]http://i.imgur.com/kWOMLBU

Ninja edit: And if you're referring to incoming notifications, they scroll right before your eyes in the task bar. You instantly know which app the message is coming from, the sender, and first few lines of text. If you deem it important enough to respond to right away, swipe the notification bar and tap the notification. Again, two gestures.
    that's actually pretty nice!
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-15-13 11:47 AM
    Lol...hes just asking a question dude.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. The holier than thou attitude needs to be brought down a notch. People come here to ask questions, no need to be condescending.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ray689; 09-15-13 at 01:30 PM.
    09-15-13 11:49 AM
    Why the need to cover it in a shell when the actual device has been pictured without the shell a number of times? (Is it to hide the carrier symbol?)
    I agree...that case is fckn ugly and doesn't do the phone any justice

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 11:55 AM
    Okay, i would say experia z1 will win on the spec...
    But
    How about the endurance and performance?

Samsung gS4 compared to z10 in performance is about the same... (they're just different in specs)

Remember....
    PERFORMANCE... not the spec.

P E R F O R M A N C E
    E N D U R A N C E

Posted via CB10
    Right The Xperia V launched last year in May and it was a buggy Flop. It looks just like the Z but im sure the Z is alot better. Sony does fix Androids mess as much as possible. I dont think anyone cares more.

More confirmation that Android is flawed.
    09-15-13 11:56 AM
    With toasts on 10.2, now you can reply with one tap.

EDIT: forgot to quote the post saying replies were a two motions thing.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    ray689 likes this.
    09-15-13 11:58 AM
    Yeah, they were really blindsided by that new iPhone release in September and its specs. They are now scrambling to find ways to upgrade the camera and sensors for an October launch and I hear it might come with a USB fingerprint scanner attached to it.

OK, je sors
    @ofutur, as far as your following comment goes:
    "Yeah, they were really blindsided by that new iPhone release in September and its specs."

which aspects of the iPhone spec are you referring to as far as the Camera goes? The camera on the Z30 and the iPhone 5S (per the following link: Apple - iPhone 5s - Technical Specifications) are both 8 MP.

I can understand about the fingerprint sensor - it may be very likely the reason why this the Z30 is photographed with a jacket on the OP - may be they are going to introduce a finger print sensor at the bottom.

By - "it might come with a USB fingerprint scanner attached to it." - do you mean as an external attachment?
    09-15-13 11:58 AM
    I gave up arguing with people who have never used android enough to understand how things work. It's really not that complicated as you have said but hey if it's not BB10 it's not good enough.

I personally prefer multitasking on android with the dedicated multitasking button so that one does not have to minimize the app to see the active apps or recent apps running. I think what BB10 really needs is a way to go back to the previous app with a gesture within a current app.
    I have used several android device with all kinds of stock and custom ROMs.....they were all crap compared to BB10, none of them were clean and/or effective...so in reality there
    actually is no argument

Posted via CB10
    sf49ers likes this.
    09-15-13 12:02 PM
    that's actually pretty nice!
    Indeed, it really is! I think that sometimes BB10 users are so amazed with its simplicity that they get it into their head that there's no way anything else could be as efficient as BB10 in handling task switching/multitasking/incoming notifications. Then they post as such without looking into how other operating systems actually handle all that.
    szlevi likes this.
    09-15-13 12:02 PM
    Indeed, it really is! I think that sometimes BB10 users are so amazed with its simplicity that they get it into their head that there's no way anything else could be as efficient as BB10 in handling task switching/multitasking/incoming notifications. Then they post as such without looking into how other operating systems actually handle all that.
    My mom has a GS4, I had a GS4 I sold, my cousin has a GS2, my other cousin has a Huawei android phone, and none of them come across as "simplistic" and fluid. It's possible that I hadn't messed with them enough, but they just didn't do it for me.
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    09-15-13 12:09 PM
    I have used several android device with all kinds of stock and custom ROMs.....they were all crap compared to BB10, none of them were clean and/or effective...so in reality there
    actually is no argument

Posted via CB10
    How can you say they weren't as clean or effective if you can control pretty much everything? You can control what information is displayed on your home screens, configure radio toggles, etc. I always keep things pretty minimalist, myself. Just a clock/weather app, and my 8 most used apps for my main home screen. My other screens are widgets like music player controls, email, calendar, and twitter. My radio controls are in my notification drawer, where I prefer them. I rarely have to go into my app list because what I use most is at my fingertips. I really enjoyed my time with BB10, but it seemed like I was always tweaking things to my preferences. I would have liked to be able to pin certain active frames down so they wouldn't move around as I go in and out of apps, or have to restart them if my phone rebooted. I always liked to have my calendar, weather, BBM, and browser as my active frames. Maybe I'm just a tad OCD lol.
    szlevi and yelmonster like this.
    09-15-13 12:11 PM
    My mom has a GS4, I had a GS4 I sold, my cousin has a GS2, my other cousin has a Huawei android phone, and none of them come across as "simplistic" and fluid. It's possible that I hadn't messed with them enough, but they just didn't do it for me.
    That's Samsung's TouchWiz for ya, although I'm not sure what skin the Huawei uses. You either love it or hate it. It's entirely bloated...but offers features not offered on other devices. It's just a case of weighing what you want out of a device - a slick minimalistic experience, or tons of features and the occasional stutter. I had the SGS3 and I didn't like that you had to long press one of the buttons (can't remember which) to get the multitasking view instead of just tapping the on-screen button like my Sony, Nexus, etc. And some people don't like the on-screen buttons because they take up screen real estate, but with a 5" screen I don't mind at all.
    09-15-13 12:17 PM
    BlackBerry have gone with 720p for all future devices. The Z30 has a lower resolution than the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    Same resolution... lower ppi...

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 12:18 PM
    Whoa, whoa, whoa...hate to do this, but I'm going to use the other fruit company here for illustration. Apple sets the experience and performance benchmark and they hardly use anything close to the "specs" found in Android devices. Optimization is the key, and everyone and their mother knows that Android is a sad excuse for an OS. Nothing about it is good. It's an outright cacophony of a bunch of features that have been put together in such a rudimentary fashion that they cannot run on anything but the latest hardware and despite that it's still slow, prone to lockups, non responsive behavior, you name it.

iOS, BB10, and Windows Phone own any android device any day in terms of the actual user experience. This is a fact.

Posted via CB10
    I had a nexus4 since around the time it was released and with quite poor specs it never had any issues. Only battery life was god awful but the phones overall experience was grand.
    09-15-13 12:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    For ALL future devices?

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 12:19 PM
    actually is no argument

Posted via CB10
    You provided no concrete examples...

It really doesn't matter how many android devices you have claimed to have used when it doesn't help your argument without any materialization of how you came to a conclusion. You can make android "clean" through customization and make it appear pretty elegant. If you're talking about effectiveness, android does multitasking just as good if not better as there is no need to exit an app to jump to the next one. I like BB10, but I'm not afraid to provide some constructive feedback. No kool-aid or blinders. I'm done here.
    szlevi likes this.
    09-15-13 12:28 PM
    It actually is a lower resolution. 720px width (Z30) vs 768px (Z10).

And wasn't sticking to 720p only a 2013 thing?

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    09-15-13 12:30 PM
273 ... 34567 ...