The progression to Z30
    Z30 meet Sony Z1-photo-1-.jpg

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 08:48 AM
    I thought the common understanding was that there were two versions of the device being tested (720p/1080p) and we didn't know which one BlackBerry decided to go with.

Didn't realize BlackBerry has confirmed anything about a device that doesn't exist. I guess I missed that post.

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't exist? I'm pretty sure these images show it exists.

As for confirmation, it's been confirmed since before BlackBerry 10 launched.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 08:53 AM
    Doesn't exist? I'm pretty sure these images show it exists.

As for confirmation, it's been confirmed since before BlackBerry 10 launched.

Posted via CB10
    Come on. You know what I mean. I've seen all the pictures that have been leaked but It doesn't "exist" until it has been officially released. Plus saying that it was confirmed before the release of BlackBerry 10 over a year ago doesn't answer my question about the two versions being tested. Something you have indicated several times over the past few months.

Either way. I'm sorry I asked the question. After being jumped on by you and Blaize I really wish I hadn't asked it.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 09:02 AM
    Come on. You know what I mean. I've seen all the pictures that have been leaked but It doesn't "exist" until it has been officially released. Plus saying that it was confirmed before the release of BlackBerry 10 over a year ago doesn't answer my question about the two versions being tested. Something you have indicated several times over the past few months.

Either way. I'm sorry I asked the question. After being jumped on by you and Blaize I really wish I hadn't asked it.

Posted via CB10
    Not jumping all over any one, just explaining the facts, which is apparently "rude"
    09-15-13 09:24 AM
    The progression to Z30
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PHOTO(1).JPG 
Views:	1643 
Size:	54.1 KB 
ID:	201830

Posted via CB10
    Love the phone, but that case...ugh
    09-15-13 09:27 AM

Posted via CB10
    The whole two version thing (as far as I know) was just rumor. Thor actually said to devs, before the BB10 launch, that after the first all touch device with a resolution of 1280x768 was released, all touch only devices afterwards would be released with1280x720.
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    09-15-13 09:32 AM
    I suppose we'll have to see -- But who's to say a Z5 wouldn't be a slider?
    Because the STB100 doesn't have a keyboard.
    09-15-13 09:39 AM
    I WAS SO DEAD WRONG ON WHATEVER I HAVE SAID ABOUT THE Z30...

I'M BUYING THIS BIG BOY!

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 09:43 AM
    The whole two version thing (as far as I know) was just rumor. Thor actually said to devs, before the BB10 launch, that after the first all touch device with a resolution of 1280x768 was released, all touch only devices afterwards would be released with1280x720.
    Yeah that's true. Just wasn't sure if BlackBerry decided to break that promise since the market seems to be moving to 1080p resolution. I actually don't think they should since Dev support is more important right now than 1080p resolution.

Either way. If I have my way (read as: if my wife doesn't give me ****) , I'll be selling my Z10 and going for the Z30 at launch.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 09:49 AM
    I think this is going to be one great looking phone. People are never satisfied, no matter what you give them
    I think the phone looks repulsive, and seems to be the inbred son of the Z10 and Q10.

I'm very satisfied with my Z10. They didn't give it to me, either. I bought it.

What is going through BlackBerry's collective mind? "Hmmm, nobody is buying the Z10, there's talks of a fire sale. Oh!! Let's make it .8 inches bigger, same resolution, and throw the Q10 top on it - this is gonna be what gets us out of this mess!" Looks like a damn Z10/Q10/GS4 orgy happened and the this is the physically deformed inbred child.
    09-15-13 09:51 AM
    Yeah that's true. Just wasn't sure if BlackBerry decided to break that promise since the market seems to be moving to 1080p resolution. I actually don't think they should since Dev support is more important right now than 1080p resolution.
    Devs are making applications in 1080p right now.

Going against the grain in all the wrong ways is what BlackBerry seemingly loves to do. I love my Z10, but from the business aspect of things, this place is a damn mess.
    1magine likes this.
    09-15-13 09:53 AM
    No, YOU need to understand that this oft-touted point of view is not correct. A faster processor helps to run apps and games much faster and better, modern SoCs contain more improved power saving features, faster SoCs help cameras take photos faster, save photos faster and reduce time-to-next-shot. Newer GPUs run games much better and yield better visuals. Page load speeds benefit (real javascript and web code execution, not that rubbish HTML5 score that has little impact on actual rendering speed).

As far as battery is concerned, your point is laughable when one considers that BlackBerry's QNX usage has not proven to be gentler on Battery life than the Android OS. The PlayBook had middling battery life, the Z10 doesn't have a stellar battery life by any stretch of the imagination...

You aren't getting the same or better job done here. The Z1 will take photos faster, save them faster, probably take burst shots faster, outscore the Z30 in all browser rendering benchmarks, run demanding apps and games better.

Not sure why BlackBerry is falling behind on the specs game. Nokia has a 1080p, 6 inch phone with the same chipset in this Z1 and the Galaxy Note 3, ready for release this month or early next month. By October, Windows Phones will have specs rivalling the best on Android. That is the way to play dirty and mix it up with the big boys...and not trotting out a flagship that will get derided for inferior specs.

I'm not being 'negative' here. I will definitely buy the Z30...my Q10 isn't delivering the goods when it comes to battery life and I miss the larger screen of my old Z10...I just wished my next BlackBerry device would have the cutting edge specs that aren't a big stretch to get. Qualcomm has enough supplied of the S800 chipset to go round, and it isn't that expensive.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa...hate to do this, but I'm going to use the other fruit company here for illustration. Apple sets the experience and performance benchmark and they hardly use anything close to the "specs" found in Android devices. Optimization is the key, and everyone and their mother knows that Android is a sad excuse for an OS. Nothing about it is good. It's an outright cacophony of a bunch of features that have been put together in such a rudimentary fashion that they cannot run on anything but the latest hardware and despite that it's still slow, prone to lockups, non responsive behavior, you name it.

iOS, BB10, and Windows Phone own any android device any day in terms of the actual user experience. This is a fact.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 09:55 AM
    Here are some specs on Sony Z1, I doubt the Z30 is anything close to this.

Sony Xperia Z1 at a glance
    General: Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE, penta-band UMTS/HSPA, 100 Mbps LTE
    Form factor: Water-resistant cameraphone
    Dimensions: 144 x 74 x 8.5 mm, 170g
    Display: 5" 16M-color 1080p (441ppi) TFT capacitive touchscreen, Triluminous display with X-Reality and OptiContrast
    Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800, quad-core 2.2 GHz Krait 400, Adreno 330, 2GB of RAM
    Camera: 20.7MP camera with 1/2.3" Exmor RS sensor and Sony G Lens, F/2.0 aperture; 2MP front-facing camera
    Video camera: 1080p video capture with HDR mode
    Memory: 16GB of inbuilt storage, microSD card slot, up to 64GB
    Connectivity: Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0, standard microUSB port with MHL and USB host, GPS receiver with A-GPS, 3.5mm audio jack, NFC
    Battery: Sealed 3,000mAh battery
    Misc: IP58 certified - dust-protected and water resistant; shatter proof and scratch-resistant glass for the front and the back panel, metal frame on the sides
    Okay, i would say experia z1 will win on the spec...
    But
    How about the endurance and performance?

Samsung gS4 compared to z10 in performance is about the same... (they're just different in specs)

Remember....
    PERFORMANCE... not the spec.

P E R F O R M A N C E
    E N D U R A N C E

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 09:56 AM
    I think the phone looks repulsive, and seems to be the inbred son of the Z10 and Q10.

What is going through BlackBerry's collective mind? "Hmmm, nobody is buying the Z10, there's talks of a fire sale. Oh!! Let's make it .8 inches bigger, same resolution, and throw the Q10 top on it - this is gonna be what gets us out of this mess!" Looks like a damn Z10/Q10/GS4 orgy happened and the this is the physically deformed inbred child.
    Have you seen the leaked 2 min video? The phone looks awesome there...

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 09:57 AM
    Posted via CB10
    Hah, this is the stupidest statement today, for sure and its only 11AM here...

Sent from my Xperia T using CB Forums mobile app
    09-15-13 10:03 AM
    Have you seen the leaked 2 min video? The phone looks awesome there...

Posted via CB10
    Care to post?

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 10:07 AM
    Okay, i would say experia z1 will win on the spec...
    But
    How about the endurance and performance?

Samsung gS4 compared to z10 in performance is about the same... (they're just different in specs)

Remember....
    PERFORMANCE... not the spec.

P E R F O R M A N C E
    E N D U R A N C E

Posted via CB10
    Just WTF are you talking about, seruously? Endurance? Z and Z1 and Z Ultra can withstand drops, dust, sand, heck they can record video underwater...

Performace? A Snapdragon 800 at 2.2GHz, running Android natively, unlike BB10 which runs in on top of its own stack, inherently slower - and it's a given that everyone will use Android apps because app lineup sucks on BB10, period...
    Z1 is a beast, we know that already, and Z30, if indeed turns out to be the rumored measly old dual-core platform with 720p screens, will be just another outdate device from BB as always, clearly making it impossible to ever fulfill all the promises BB10 supposed to offer...

thevacantsoul likes this.
    09-15-13 10:10 AM
    Hah, this is the stupidest statement today, for sure and its only 11AM here...

Seriously. What the hell is wrong with people here.

I'm done with this thread.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 10:12 AM
    I see by your signature that you have an Xperia, so you're obviously a huge fanboy/brand worshiper.

If the Z1 was really worth it, there would be more hype about it, and even so, it's late to the party, as everyone that wanted a new android phone shoved down their throat with bloated hardware specs already has an S4. I don't see the Z1 selling as well as you seem to anticipate. That, and well, I've seen more BB10 devices than post Ericsson Sony cell phones - ever. Unfortunately for Sony, and HTC, LG, and the whole lot, while we're at it... Samsung has the high end android market locked down due to excellent marketing strategy and the ability to appeal to sheep.

I couldn't care if the Z1 had an 8 core i7 overclocked to 8 ghz. For what some people use their cell phone for - actually being a phone (i.e I don't care at all about "games" on cell phones, they're not even fun), BB10 has the fastest and most fluid motion for going back and forth between what you're doing and what needs attention in an instant. This would not change if the Z10 had a 100 mhz cpu or a 10000 mhz cpu. Same goes for Z1, GS4 and the lot... 100 mhz or 10000 mhz, you still have multiple extra motions you need to go through to get to what comes up from what you are doing, and go back to what you are doing.
    ital1, BionicKris and saint613 like this.
    09-15-13 10:19 AM
    Just WTF are you talking about, seruously? Endurance? Z and Z1 and Z Ultra can withstand drops, dust, sand, heck they can record video underwater...

Performace? A Snapdragon 800 at 2.2GHz, running Android natively, unlike BB10 which runs in on top of its own stack, inherently slower - and it's a given that everyone will use Android apps because app lineup sucks on BB10, period...
    Z1 is a beast, we know that already, and Z30, if indeed turns out to be the rumored measly old dual-core platform with 720p screens, will be just another outdate device from BB as always, clearly making it impossible to ever fulfill all the promises BB10 supposed to offer...

"Inherently slower", LOL, you Android guys should stick to the Android Central forums. I'm not even sure why you feel the need to come over to CB at all if you don't see the point in BlackBerry devices.
    09-15-13 10:22 AM
    Seriously. What the hell is wrong with people here.

I'm done with this thread.

Posted via CB10
    Don't worry about people. I read your posts. You were right to ask about resolution because it has been said many times in many threads in here that more than one device was being tested including a 1080p device.
    And as far as your comment about developer support being more important right now....I also agree with you given the thousands of threads and people stating that blackberry is failing and not competing due to "lack of apps".

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 10:23 AM
    "Inherently slower", LOL, you Android guys should stick to the Android Central forums. I'm not even sure why you feel the need to come over to CB at all if you don't see the point in BlackBerry devices.
    I really wouldn't even put much merit into what he says, he's probably still under the impression that the PS Vita is a hot seller and is the best of the mobile systems
    Nharzhool and Bor Navas like this.
    09-15-13 10:24 AM

Hi I bought my first BlackBerry Phone ever a Z10 seven months ago, it's a brilliant phone and just the right size, then saw a picture of the Z30 and decided it's too large for me personally, and it looks odd, the Z10 has a perfect size so I bought a white Z10 to go with black one at less than half price so I'm staying with Z10's, as for Sony Z1 it's Android I moved to BlackBerry to get away not going back.
    BionicKris likes this.
    09-15-13 10:37 AM
    Don't worry about people. I read your posts. You were right to ask about resolution because it has been said many times in many threads in here that more than one device was being tested including a 1080p device.
    And as far as your comment about developer support being more important right now....I also agree with you given the thousands of threads and people stating that blackberry is failing and not competing due to "lack of apps".

Posted via CB10
    The problem BlackBerry has right now though is that ever since the "Strategic Alternatives" press release everyone thinks the company is finished anyway and there is nothing but uncertainty surrounding the future of BlackBerry.

This more then any other factor will keep most developers from investing time and money into the platform. They simply don't know if BlackBerry will be around long enough for them to see a return on their investment.

Personally I hope that Prem Watsa can take the company private and then immediately following that, make some other major investments in BlackBerry to remove the uncertainty surrounding the company and the platform. Customers need to know that BlackBerry is here to stay and Developers need to know that as well.
    Knightcrawler and bmantz65 like this.
    09-15-13 10:44 AM
    I couldn't care if the Z1 had an 8 core i7 overclocked to 8 ghz. For what some people use their cell phone for - actually being a phone (i.e I don't care at all about "games" on cell phones, they're not even fun), BB10 has the fastest and most fluid motion for going back and forth between what you're doing and what needs attention in an instant. This would not change if the Z10 had a 100 mhz cpu or a 10000 mhz cpu. Same goes for Z1, GS4 and the lot... 100 mhz or 10000 mhz, you still have multiple extra motions you need to go through to get to what comes up from what you are doing, and go back to what you are doing.
    It always baffles me when I see this claim. See the page button on the upper right? That's what I tap to get to a scrollable view of my running tasks on my Xperia Z. Then I tap the app I need next. It's two taps, just like the swipe then tap on BB10. Two movements. That's it.

I don't play games on mine, either.

Ninja edit: And if you're referring to incoming notifications, they scroll right before your eyes in the task bar. You instantly know which app the message is coming from, the sender, and first few lines of text. If you deem it important enough to respond to right away, swipe the notification bar and tap the notification. Again, two gestures.
    MERCDROID, SMocek, 1magine and 1 others like this.
    09-15-13 11:02 AM
273 ... 23456 ...