Z1 wins in hardware but not in software. Cores doesn't matter. Never felt slow on my Z nor Q. Moreover, my BB10 has BB10OS and Android 4.2.2 embedded fyi :P
    09-15-13 05:26 AM
    You need to understand, the BlackBerry 10 OS is not as demanding as the Android OS and therefore does not need an over inflated processor and battery to get the same if not better job done. Bigger is not necessarily better.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 05:41 AM
    You need to understand, the BlackBerry 10 OS is not as demanding as the Android OS and therefore does not need an over inflated processor and battery to get the same if not better job done. Bigger is not necessarily better.

Posted via CB10
    No, YOU need to understand that this oft-touted point of view is not correct. A faster processor helps to run apps and games much faster and better, modern SoCs contain more improved power saving features, faster SoCs help cameras take photos faster, save photos faster and reduce time-to-next-shot. Newer GPUs run games much better and yield better visuals. Page load speeds benefit (real javascript and web code execution, not that rubbish HTML5 score that has little impact on actual rendering speed).

As far as battery is concerned, your point is laughable when one considers that BlackBerry's QNX usage has not proven to be gentler on Battery life than the Android OS. The PlayBook had middling battery life, the Z10 doesn't have a stellar battery life by any stretch of the imagination...

You aren't getting the same or better job done here. The Z1 will take photos faster, save them faster, probably take burst shots faster, outscore the Z30 in all browser rendering benchmarks, run demanding apps and games better.

Not sure why BlackBerry is falling behind on the specs game. Nokia has a 1080p, 6 inch phone with the same chipset in this Z1 and the Galaxy Note 3, ready for release this month or early next month. By October, Windows Phones will have specs rivalling the best on Android. That is the way to play dirty and mix it up with the big boys...and not trotting out a flagship that will get derided for inferior specs.

I'm not being 'negative' here. I will definitely buy the Z30...my Q10 isn't delivering the goods when it comes to battery life and I miss the larger screen of my old Z10...I just wished my next BlackBerry device would have the cutting edge specs that aren't a big stretch to get. Qualcomm has enough supplied of the S800 chipset to go round, and it isn't that expensive.
    09-15-13 06:06 AM
    Attachment 201659

Posted via CB10
    The Z30 looks great, it hasn't got the processing grunt to match the Sony but the Sony hasn't got the OS to match BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    09-15-13 06:36 AM
    Didn't they say 6 BlackBerry 10 devices?

Posted via CB10
    They said six BB10 devices. This makes 4, the other two are delayed until next year, the high-end one is possibly the Porsche one.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 06:38 AM
    No, YOU need to understand that this oft-touted point of view is not correct. A faster processor helps to run apps and games much faster and better, modern SoCs contain more improved power saving features, faster SoCs help cameras take photos faster, save photos faster and reduce time-to-next-shot. Newer GPUs run games much better and yield better visuals. Page load speeds benefit (real javascript and web code execution, not that rubbish HTML5 score that has little impact on actual rendering speed).

As far as battery is concerned, your point is laughable when one considers that BlackBerry's QNX usage has not proven to be gentler on Battery life than the Android OS. The PlayBook had middling battery life, the Z10 doesn't have a stellar battery life by any stretch of the imagination...

You aren't getting the same or better job done here. The Z1 will take photos faster, save them faster, probably take burst shots faster, outscore the Z30 in all browser rendering benchmarks, run demanding apps and games better.

Not sure why BlackBerry is falling behind on the specs game. Nokia has a 1080p, 6 inch phone with the same chipset in this Z1 and the Galaxy Note 3, ready for release this month or early next month. By October, Windows Phones will have specs rivalling the best on Android. That is the way to play dirty and mix it up with the big boys...and not trotting out a flagship that will get derided for inferior specs.

I'm not being 'negative' here. I will definitely buy the Z30...my Q10 isn't delivering the goods when it comes to battery life and I miss the larger screen of my old Z10...I just wished my next BlackBerry device would have the cutting edge specs that aren't a big stretch to get. Qualcomm has enough supplied of the S800 chipset to go round, and it isn't that expensive.
    S800 in a Q10 would be terrible for battery life and even worse in a Z10.
    More RAM is preferable to more cores/a faster SoC.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 06:41 AM
    Regardless of the specs, I think it's good Z30 is coming out soon. There are a lot of ppl that like the bigger displays (definitely not for me), maybe they would be willing to give bb10 a try.
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    09-15-13 06:54 AM
    They said six BB10 devices. This makes 4, the other two are delayed until next year, the high-end one is possibly the Porsche one.

Posted via CB10
    A source who wishes to remain anonymous enlightened me to the fact that they will be bringing out a BB10 Slider. That would make 5. I don't know that the porsche design would count because it's more likely a special edition of the Z10.

As for the Z30, I love the look of that phone, can't wait to see it released!

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 07:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    I believe it said 6 BB devices not 6 BB10 devices. If you include the legacy 9720, there's just one more.
    09-15-13 07:04 AM
    A source who wishes to remain anonymous enlightened me to the fact that they will be bringing out a BB10 Slider. That would make 5. I don't know that the porsche design would count because it's more likely a special edition of the Z10.

As for the Z30, I love the look of that phone, can't wait to see it released!

Posted via CB10
    A little mouse told me that this was a load of BS.
    The 2 other devices coming look more like a Z5 and a Q5v2
    oneinfiniteloop likes this.
    09-15-13 07:37 AM
    S800 in a Q10 would be terrible for battery life and even worse in a Z10.
    More RAM is preferable to more cores/a faster SoC.

Posted via CB10
    Nah, not talking about the Z10 and Q10. Those were OK. I'm talking about the Z30.
    2GB RAM is perfectly adequate. I've read that battery life takes a hit the more RAM you have to address, so 2GB is a sweet spot.
    A faster SoC will do more... It isn't the Ram that gives those shiny graphics in Real Racing 3...

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4
    anon(2729369) and wtrmlnjuc like this.
    09-15-13 07:39 AM
    And water proofedness. I like BB to start coating their phones with the same hydrophobic spray.

Posted via CB10
    "water proofedness", as you put it, is what IP58 Certification means...
    diegonei, W Hoa, xxslxx and 2 others like this.
    09-15-13 07:41 AM
    "water proofedness", as you put it, is what IP58 Certification means...
    That's how you make a 1st post. Thanks for the info!
    ddlax22 and xxslxx like this.
    09-15-13 07:58 AM
    I suppose we'll have to see -- But who's to say a Z5 wouldn't be a slider?
    09-15-13 07:58 AM
    Tentative release Sept 27. May move later due to iPhone release?

Posted via CB10
    marksthespot60 likes this.
    09-15-13 08:19 AM
    And had it over a month already. Been in testing for a while

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 08:21 AM

Posted via CB10
    So BB Jam Asia as expected

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 08:21 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, they were really blindsided by that new iPhone release in September and its specs. They are now scrambling to find ways to upgrade the camera and sensors for an October launch and I hear it might come with a USB fingerprint scanner attached to it.

OK, je sors
    Funq likes this.
    09-15-13 08:25 AM
    Heard there's no slider too.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 08:34 AM
    You have got to be kidding me.
    Yes. Its been asked a million times but no one has answered it. Is there a law against asking again?

Posted via CB10
    anon5814103 likes this.
    09-15-13 08:35 AM
    Yeah, they were really blindsided by that new iPhone release in September and its specs. They are now scrambling to find ways to upgrade the camera and sensors for an October launch and I hear it might come with a USB fingerprint scanner attached to it.

OK, je sors
    Haha, oh man.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 08:36 AM
    Nah, not talking about the Z10 and Q10. Those were OK. I'm talking about the Z30.
    2GB RAM is perfectly adequate. I've read that battery life takes a hit the more RAM you have to address, so 2GB is a sweet spot.
    A faster SoC will do more... It isn't the Ram that gives those shiny graphics in Real Racing 3...

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4
    RAM helps in RR3, as does the GPU. A faster SoC will suck your battery like crazy - grab a Galaxy Nexus, root it and install a ROM/Kernel that let's you overclock it...
    I prefer how RR3 plays on the Z10 as it has double the RAM of my GNex.

Posted via CB10
    Jonneh and Nharzhool like this.
    09-15-13 08:37 AM
    Z30 looks so sweet! Too much bezel on the Sony!

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    09-15-13 08:38 AM
    Yes. Its been asked a million times but no one has answered it. Is there a law against asking again?

Posted via CB10
    720x1280

It's be answered a million times as well

Actually it's been confirmed by BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 08:41 AM
    720x1280

It's be answered a million times as well

Actually it's been confirmed by BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    I thought the common understanding was that there were two versions of the device being tested (720p/1080p) and we didn't know which one BlackBerry decided to go with.

Didn't realize BlackBerry has confirmed anything about a device that doesn't exist. I guess I missed that post.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 08:47 AM
273 12345 ...