Post removed.
    Last edited by jrohland; 04-28-14 at 04:38 AM.
    11-04-13 11:43 AM
    Awesome, I had the same kind of experience at a friends birthday party on the weekend. People were genuinely impressed. My friend with an sg3 loved how it felt in his hand. Honestly it makes the sg3 feel cheap

Posted from my Z30
    Last edited by playbookster; 11-04-13 at 12:37 PM.
    11-04-13 12:00 PM
    Very good thread, great to hear the Z30 is making a dent in impressions.

Posted via that z10!
    11-04-13 12:37 PM
    The helicopters flying over the denuded landscapes with the Oscar winning cinematography and sound track showed off the screen and speakers to perfection.
    Well, as much as I loved both the original 6-track or the Redux remixed DTS sounds of this movie as I recall last time I've checked (admittedly months ago) Netflix streaming was still limited to stereo outside of its W8 app...
    11-04-13 01:20 PM
    I was having the same experience this weekend with a friend who loves his Android. Now only if we could hear from Virgin if they will be carrying the Z30 he would have it lol
    11-04-13 01:21 PM
    I think so to. People are asking about the phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 02:11 PM
    I spent the first weekend with my Z30. Saturday I was still getting it setup and learning it's strengths and weaknesses. Sunday my lady had family over. Her sister, the iPhone advocate, saw it and asked if I got a new phone? My lady jumped in with some remark about how I just had to have the latest BlackBerry. Her sister had never noticed the Z10. I pressed Time Shift into service and got some great pictures of her daughter working in the kitchen. They enjoyed how I could capture her different movements and expressions.

I had been out getting pictures of the trees as the leaves are near peak Fall colors in my area. I created a Story Maker vid from the pictures of the trees and people and played it on the TV with DLNA. They knew I could make those vids but had no idea how fast I could make them.

This morning I talked to Android boy behind me in the office. He works with bands in recording studios in his spare time. I said, check out the audio on this thing. Cranked up Yes, Owner Of A Lonely Heart. His response was WOW!. The young guy (a guitar player) who works in front of me came back and said it sounded better than his buddies HTC One. He said his friend got the One specifically for the audio. He was going to jone on his buddy that a BlackBerry sounds better. I can't say if that is true, only that he said it.

The Z10 is a fine phone but doesn't wow anybody, in my limited experience, the Z30 does. Plus, I know it is an impressive bit of kit so I'm showing it off. I never really did with the Z10 because it was usually met with a polite "that's nice".

One of the things I anticipated using to test the media capability of the Z30 was to watch a few select scenes from the amazing movie Apocalypses Now. I had downloaded it from NETFLIX to my PlayOn server using PlayLater so it would be stored on the local solid-state disk. With it streaming locally from my media server the sound and visuals were stunning. I expected it to be great but it exceeded that. The helicopters flying over the denuded landscapes with the Oscar winning cinematography and sound track showed off the screen and speakers to perfection.
    Wow, reading your post, made me want to get the Z30 for the fun parts of life, leaving the Q10 strictly for work

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 02:18 PM
    What I've had attached and working are:

My 10 port Powered USB Hub
    USB Keyboard
    USB Mouse (Gestures with the mouse are a touch weird but you quickly get used to them)
    Xbox 360 USB Game Controller (Pretty Fun playing Super Mario in retroarch on a Z30)
    It supports multiple USB keys at the same time...
    I also had a USB Wired Ethernet dongle plugged in turn off wireless and save the battery...

All plugged in at the same time and everything works great.
    anon(5906760) likes this.
    11-05-13 03:50 AM
    nice read, hopefully will be getting one soon :-)
    11-05-13 04:05 AM
    Good story.

BlackBerry can have my money whenever they want to sell them unlocked on their website (since I have a feeling that T-Mobile won't be carrying it). I've had such a great experience on my Z10 so far, I know the Z30 experience will be even better.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 04:09 AM
    Wow!!! If Chen could take jrohland and berserko posts and turn then into adverts we would see a sh1tload of converts. Damn I'm so jealous. Wanted the Z30 but couldant wait anymore so got the Z10. With official 10.2 on it's still beyond awesome.
    11-05-13 07:17 AM
    Here I thought it was leaving indents in things. Nice.
    trwrt and scrapmetal58 like this.
    11-05-13 08:01 AM
    Z30 is a sweet device. I've had the note3, iPhone 5s. Z30 does exactly what I need with better messaging experience by far. Ios fanbois refuse to even check it out when they find out its a blackberry. Bbry rep is destroyed and I live in Toronto.

Hope they can turn it around.

Posted via CB10 on my z30
    11-05-13 08:22 AM
    This is good to know about the solid audio. One of the reasons why I sold the Z10 was the sound. I found it a little weak, and since I listen to a lot of podcasts and audiobooks, preferably without headphones, I appreciate strong audio. This wasn't the only reason, but the Z30 sound, battery endurance, and screen size are three good reasons for me to consider going back at some point.
    11-05-13 12:19 PM
    A sample of music playing on the Z30. There are 3 different song clips. Shot with my PlayBook. Use headphones to really appreciate it. Also, I think YouTube has reduced the fidelity a bit.

How's the speaker when on an old fashioned phone call? When you're using it like a phone and not a speaker phone. I've seen talk that it's hard to hear.
    11-05-13 12:31 PM
    The same magic happens with me and my Z30 too. It just mesmerizes people who see the device in my hands. They ask to hold it for a second and the next moment they start to praise it. All those wonderful remarks about Z30 come from iPhone 5S owners and latest Android flagships owners.

People appreciate the design, the built quality, the materials, the way it feels in hand, the big screen and of course the amazing Natural Sound.

Overall, they are all hands down amused by Z30.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 01:01 PM
    I haven't made any phone calls without using my Bluetooth headset or BT in the car so I can't comment on the sound during a call.
    It's not difficult to place one.
    11-05-13 01:53 PM
    Great to hear about all the awesomeness packed in the Z30 and the fact it is leaving a great impression on others. Hope the Z30 proves exciting enough to garner lots of sales to customers.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 02:20 PM
    Now I want one like yesterday!
    11-05-13 02:21 PM
    It's not difficult to place one.
    I can field that one. I have no problem whatsoever hearing or being heard when in actually talk clearly and at a normal level.

Posted by my Z30 via CB10
    11-05-13 02:28 PM
    A sample of music playing on the Z30. There are 3 different song clips. Shot with my PlayBook. Use headphones to really appreciate it. Also, I think YouTube has reduced the fidelity a bit.

Very impressive!
    already read many times that the speakers were very good but imagining that youtube only caught part of the sound it's even more impressive!
    Now waiting for a Q30 will be more frustrating, as resisting to the Z30 gets more difficult every day a little more.
    Thanks for sharing!
    11-05-13 02:58 PM
    Wow. It sounds fantastic. Thanks for the video.
    11-05-13 04:22 PM
    I'm surprised
    11-05-13 10:05 PM
    You guys are making it very difficult not to blow all my money on a Z30.
    11-06-13 05:13 PM