I have had no issues adding Gmail and Hotmail, it figured it out by itself. My one email wouldn't work tho but that's because the imap and pop settings are only for premium members of that site.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 03:04 AM
    Ok. All set. Transferred all my setting, contacts, etc. from the BB 9380 by taking a backup on my media card. Took 10 mins to take back up. Inserted the media card, asked me the password, and then 10 seconds! It'll all there! All my music, photos, videos are also properly sorted in the album since they were on the same media card. It's that efficient.

I setup my 4 email accounts, twitter, linkedin, evernote accounts setup in another 10 mins. Not sure why people want to use BB Link. I have all i need on the phone in less than 30 mins.

Have downloaded some apps i rely on...like Flipboard, WSJ, some local news apps, local airline and banking app. Dowloading from app world is remarkably fast. Paratek antenna seems to be working very well.

I want to share this funny instance at my work place today. A colleague with Xperia Z, and another with iPhone5 come in my office, and start playing withy Z30. Fellow with Xperia wants to compare sound and video quality on his phone and mine and also iPhone 5. So suggests transferring a music video on my Z30 via Bluetooth. I agree. 5mins on, i'm ready. Guy with iPhone says, his phone wouldn't allow bluetooth transfer, and adds that he doesn't really want Bluetooth transfer capability

So now it's between Z30 and Xperia. On sound quality and reproduction, Z30 is miles ahead. Xperia is not even close. On video, Z30 holds up very well. This colleague is actually shocked to see how natural the colours on Z30 look vs. xperia's over saturated. Also, resolution was not that a big deal.

Man, this device is seriously capable. Oh, before i forget, Xperia fellow says that he struggles to similar download speed on his phone even on a wifi! That may be bit of an exaggeration but highlights the point that this device is seriously quick on its download speeds.

Guys, please be kind! This is a completely unscientific comparison test but done in a normal life circumstance.

I hope you find this useful. Cheers!
    moonfalle and jrohland like this.
    11-21-13 05:14 AM
    Have had mine since sat and I love it. Just wish the led light was like the z10, nice and bright. Find with the z30 it's a but muted in colours but not a deal breaker for me.
    The only other issue is that I've been using the phone since Monday but not getting a much better battery life as some are saying in here.
    I don't do alot of emails and texts, maybe around 10-20 of each and only have 4 frames open ie be buzz, beweather, battery guru and BBM. Don't get me wrong it's much better than my z10 but usually by midnight I have to charge the phone up as it's getting down to 20%.
    Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 06:13 AM
    it's my second week with Z30 after using Z10 for around 9 months. FM radio with latest OS 10.2.1.1055 is the additional unexpected feature in Z30. Sound quality is unmatchble.
    11-21-13 06:14 AM
    Have had mine since sat and I love it. Just wish the led light was like the z10, nice and bright. Find with the z30 it's a but muted in colours but not a deal breaker for me.
    The only other issue is that I've been using the phone since Monday but not getting a much better battery life as some are saying in here.
    I don't do alot of emails and texts, maybe around 10-20 of each and only have 4 frames open ie be buzz, beweather, battery guru and BBM. Don't get me wrong it's much better than my z10 but usually by midnight I have to charge the phone up as it's getting down to 20%...
    You can use Settings-->App Manager-->Device Monitor to help understand what is using your battery. Anyway, I find the initial indexing on a new device/OS load takes up to several days, depending on how much content, how many contacts, calendar entries and Hub messages you have. Also, continuous activity--I suspect--puts indexing in the background so it takes longer to finish.

My Z30 took 4 to 5 days until the battery use settled down. A lot of that is because I can't put it down. Also, I had told it to sync my work email back to Forever. That buried it as there is a crud-load of email. I decided I didn't need it all since I can search all email even if it is not on the Z30. Anyway, on about the 5th day I noticed I was using a lot less battery.
    11-22-13 10:11 AM
    I'm guys got the email issue resolved... all up and running now... initial thoughts are it's a big phone! Screen is huge and when I flick back to z10 it feels like a toy phone! Weight is good too, feels like a quality phone and looks like one. It's quicker too and battery seems very good. I think the best thing is the keyboard...it's amazing with the extra space errors are less frequent etc.. overall good experience so far barring the email set up problem.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 10:20 AM
    Day 2, so far loving it

Battery life is a step up from the Z10. And it is much more snappy.
    11-22-13 11:06 AM
    Week and a half on mine. First thing I did was load 1055. Best thing so far. This phone is amazing.

Swiped via Z30
    11-22-13 11:09 AM
    Don't know how far you are in to the setup but I would encourage you to start your life together with your Z30 sporting 10.2.1.1055. A new phone is by far the best time to do so.

Check this post I did where I show how I install it: My (non-OTA) OS install process
    What does VZW z30 come with as far as OS version? Do they allow you to do the leak installs and still cover the phone if indeed they are not on the latest version? Salespeople there are no help at all.
    11-22-13 11:15 AM
    Right well battery is much better now, haven't charged it since last night. Been using it alot today, played a few games and unlike my z10 it hardly got warm to the touch and battery drain was next to nil.

I'm at 70% so far and the battery life is immense. Very happy with the z30.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 12:56 PM
    Just waiting on T-Mobile Austria to get it, so I can get mine!

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 02:51 PM
    What does VZW z30 come with as far as OS version? Do they allow you to do the leak installs and still cover the phone if indeed they are not on the latest version? Salespeople there are no help at all.
    If you need warranty work you would need to revert back to official version which is easy. If you took the phone in with a leaked version installed in all likelihood warranty would not be honored.
    11-22-13 03:04 PM
37 12