Since the battery can last a day and a half with moderate usage, I think one would be more than good to get a full day out of their Z30 even with normal loss of battery capacity. People really make a mountain out of a mole hill on this issue. If you really need to carry extra batteries, you can certainly carry around a juice pack to top off. I'm curious what other flagship phones even have removable batteries anymore.

Posted via CB10
    You are missing the point that the original poster made.

Even with a superb battery life that the Z30 has, all rechargeable batteries lose its capacity over time. And when that happens, having an extra juice pack won't help, because the juice pack still has to go through the defective internal battery, and the internal battery would simply eat through the external battery pack without holding the charge.

And a simple Google search would show you that the deterioration in rechargeable batteries are very real.

Also, I can think of at least three flagship phones with a removable battery right now.

Samsung Note series
    Samsung Galaxy Series
    LG G3

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z10
    lift likes this.
    09-24-14 01:49 PM
    My Jolla phone has a removable battery, but they don't sell a replacement )

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 02:03 PM
    I do not want to make this into a million page thread, so if the battery drains out and no longer be kept a charge then I will ask a few mobile shops around my area if they can replace it. If not, then not. Oh well. I still love this phone.
    Or, if something in the future similar to the Z30 is released (crossing my fingers), then I will get that as my next phone.

I would guess I would be good for about 3 years without replacing the battery?
    09-24-14 02:52 PM
    Not only BBs....But ALL new modern smartphones these days for some odd compelling reasons do not have removable batteries. Its just aggravating!!!!

But I still do LOVE this phone

So will most local phone service shops can replace the batteries for the Z30?

I really don't care if they charge me extra money for the replacement....As long as someone can do it, its OK by me.
    One potential reason for non-removable is spontaneous reboots. I've had my z10 reboot, I believe due to the battery losing connection. Though I like being able to swap batteries, I'm moving to a Z30.
    09-26-14 09:03 PM
    I recently saw a safety guy who had a 9900 and was going bat **** crazy because his phone kept rebooting from poor battery terminal contact. BlackBerry can't seem to win either way.

Posted via CB10
    Chris Chin likes this.
    09-27-14 10:19 AM
30 12