10-27-13 04:36 AM
100 ... 234
tools
    Sounds like there's more than a few ways to sync info to on a new device. I think I'll Rogers TechXpert to see what they say. They're way more knowledgeable than the regular tech support geeks. I need to sync notes, texts, emails, contacts, calendar and password keeper. Tell me the Z30 has a password keeper.
    10-24-13 09:58 AM
    All BB10 devices have Password Keeper available, but it's not part of the OS anymore and you'll need to grab it from BlackBerry World (Free).

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    10-24-13 12:22 PM
    BB Link just sucks man. Thats all
    10-24-13 12:40 PM
    All BB10 devices have Password Keeper available, but it's not part of the OS anymore and you'll need to grab it from BlackBerry World (Free).

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    Okay, if I download the app, will I be able to transfer my passwords from my 9810 to the Z30? I have a ton of them so I'd like to avoid having to re-enter them.
    Last edited by Senna127; 10-24-13 at 09:53 PM.
    10-24-13 01:14 PM
    Call 877-552-5532. They walked me through this with my Bold -> Z10. You can use BB Link even though it isn't obvious how to.
    10-24-13 01:25 PM
    So Installed Blackberry Link last night anticipating getting a Z30 today. Which I did.

Today I get the phone home, plug in my old Torch to transfer over the contacts and what not to the Z 30. Link recognizes the Torch, copies the information and asks me to plug my new BB 10 device in. So I plug the Z 30 in and it tries to.... INSTALL god damn Blackberry link again. It doesn't recognize the phone. Any clues? Insights? Or is this just another wonderful case of Blackberry making the ownership experience a joke?
    10-24-13 02:01 PM
    i do not know if this will work but i went to blackberry.com then to beta zone then downloaded link it now reconises the phone and the device manager is updated
    10-24-13 02:03 PM
    How do I do a device swap without using a computer.

Let's revisit this :

Computer recognizes Torch.
    Copies information to transfer.
    Doesn't recognize Z30.

Are we clear? If you have a magic way of transferring without using the computer I'd really love to know.
    I did my device swap from my torch to Z10 withou a computer too. It is possible.
    10-24-13 02:10 PM
    You know what my Dad taught me? If you don't know what you're talking about you shut your god damn mouth.

Anyone who has a problem with Blackberry here is a troll... I had a legit problem and the fanbois (who probably are rocking BB Pearls) jumped on. I don't mind taking crap, but don't tell me to do a device switch with a media card on a phone that it doesn't work on. Ultimately I got reasonable information from people who actually have the phone and have a brain and a level of knowledge. So in closing you can feel free to print this thread, shred it, cook it in a pot and eat it. That way it can really get in your caboose.

Ps. I returned the phone this morning because the headphone jack was screwed. I plugged headphones in and only one ear had sound. After I removed the headset the phone's speakers wouldn't work. It was always thinking a headset was installed. I switched it for a new phone and have another Z30 so if anyone wants to call me a troll because my phone was immediately broken feel free.
    Plenty of us know what we are talking about. Its you who doesn't. If your dad taught you when you don't know what you are talking about keep your mouth shut then why are you talking? Obviously he never taught you that since you keep saying this and that cant be done but others hear have done it with ease. So i would say you are troll and like to lie to people
    10-24-13 02:16 PM
    Sounds like there's more than a few ways to sync info to on a new device. I think I'll Rogers TechXpert to see what they say. They're way more knowledgeable than the regular tech support geeks. I need to sync notes, texts, emails, contacts, calendar and password keeper. Tell me the Z30 has a password keeper.
    Had to grab password keeper off BlackBerry World . Wasn't installed with my z30, there is a little section in the manual about PK and restoring to the 30

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 02:43 PM
    It's a Torch folks, running like OS0.01. It can't device swap, bluetooth transfer or anything like that.
    sure it can, my old curve 8500 was able to bluetooth transfer contacts since my 9900 was being used
    10-24-13 03:09 PM
    Anyone here with a Z30 from Telus? Any Carrier branding on it? If yes, post pictures, please.
    10-24-13 03:30 PM
    Can you point me to online instructions on how to move contact with a TORCH 9800. I don't believe you can.
    If you can connect the 9800 to wifi then i would download this
    Z30 home for 5 minutes and the problems begin.-screen-shot-2013-10-24-6.29.42-pm.png
    then save them to this
    Z30 home for 5 minutes and the problems begin.-blackberry_torch_04.jpg
    then put them in here
    Z30 home for 5 minutes and the problems begin.-php0kh2zr.jpg
    undone and ghundiraj like this.
    10-24-13 05:33 PM
    BB Link just sucks man. Thats all
    Apart from the first switch, link so far has worked really well.
    10-24-13 06:17 PM
    How do I do a device swap without using a computer.

Let's revisit this :

Computer recognizes Torch.
    Copies information to transfer.
    Doesn't recognize Z30.

Are we clear? If you have a magic way of transferring without using the computer I'd really love to know.
    it's likely going to install drivers for the z10 to be recognized, the fact that you've spent more time on here berating people trying to help you than trying this on your own really clues us all in on what the real problem is.
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    10-24-13 06:20 PM
    Did the Wifi suddenly die as well?

Posted via CB10
    Lol was waiting for someone to say that

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 10:42 PM
    BlackBerry.com/deviceswitch

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 08:59 PM
    I thought you could restore your contacts via BlackBerry protect?
    10-26-13 09:23 PM
    So Installed Blackberry Link last night anticipating getting a Z30 today. Which I did.

Today I get the phone home, plug in my old Torch to transfer over the contacts and what not to the Z 30. Link recognizes the Torch, copies the information and asks me to plug my new BB 10 device in. So I plug the Z 30 in and it tries to.... INSTALL god damn Blackberry link again. It doesn't recognize the phone. Any clues? Insights? Or is this just another wonderful case of Blackberry making the ownership experience a joke?
    I relies with BlackBerry 10 phones you don't have to waste time with BlackBerry Link all I did was put my sim card and memory card in my phone went into settings and add my BlackBerry id and all my stuff went over even info from my first ever BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 09:27 PM
    Tried. Uninstalled Link, reinstalled from the Z30. Drivers failed to install. Looks like manually retyping my contacts or return the phone.
    Did you try the device swap method mentioned above? I believe it does everything via the microSD card, with no computer at all. That looks like the easiest way way.
    10-26-13 09:52 PM
    Have you to be "online" to get one contact after that? Or can you search for your contacts even in the airplane mode?

Posted via my Q10, Germany
    Contacts are in the cloud but are downloaded to the phone. On the Z30 you would set up your contacts using Carddav and a Gmail address book. Works awesome. There is a 2 way sync.
    10-26-13 11:51 PM
    If you're awesome and using Windows 8.1 like me there are still a few problems Microsoft or BlackBerry Link needs to address. It may not be the device. With my Windows update I lost usb recognition with my Z10 with link and sounds like what you're describing.
    You need to make sure you have all your windows updates... i use 8.1 @ work n I have no issues with Link n my Z10

Graduated with my Bachelor's Degree in Cyber Security As the Valedictorian...... Swiped from the Ever So Awesome White Berry Z10 10.2 on CB10
    10-27-13 01:44 AM
    I had a problem with Link not communicating with my Z10 - a new version of Link solved it - but a couple of items can prevent Link from recognizing
    the Z30 - 1)make sure you are using the cable that came with the Z30 2)according to one of the KB articles, anti-virus software can prevent Link
    from communicating with the device.

Hope this helps.
    10-27-13 03:49 AM
    Anyone here with a Z30 from Telus? Any Carrier branding on it? If yes, post pictures, please.
    No branding on Telus Z30.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 04:10 AM
    Just my experience when I used link to do the device switch. On a windows 7 computer.
    First, I did a backup on my z30 with BlackBerry Link. Note the computer recognized the z30. Then I removed the 30 from the usb connection. Then I plugged my old curve running OS 6, did a backup with the old BlackBerry backup. Closed that backup, Then started BlackBerry Link and switch device, link did it's thing with the curve. When it was ready for the 30 I unplugged the curve and plugged, in my Z30. Guess what I got Windows message does not recognize device.
    All I did was unplug the usb and reboot the pc and my phone, reconnected usb. Windows recognized the z30 this time, and,link finished the switch.
    I got my phone on 15th to the best of my memory that is all I did to fix device not recognized in windows,
    May not solve issue originally posted, but shows windows can still be picky when it's suits her.

Posted via CB10
    I've found the best way to stop that is normally changing the USB setting on the device from auto-detect to Windows. And then just pop it in a new USB port. Sometimes it all it really takes is a different usb port.
    If it still gives grief, which I haven't experienced, just rebooting the pc should be sufficient. Might also help to temporarily disable anti virus software or firewalls, so you can isolate the problem.

To the OP, I think what some people were referring to when they mentioned the device switch via microSD, is a feature from OS7 to which the 9800 did not get updated.
    That in mind I would try what I suggested above to get your device recognised, it really should work. Uninstall the offending version of Link and reinstall the version you had up and running, just make sure it is the most up to date version.
    Backup your 9800 with Desktop Manager. Open Link chose the device switch let it back up the 9800 then plug in the Z30 and let it carry on. Just incase make sure to run Link as admin.
    If that doesn't work open link plug the Z30 in and then choose the Restore option and use the back up file you created in the DM

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    10-27-13 04:36 AM
100 ... 234