10-27-13 04:36 AM
100 1234
tools
    Didn't work. Thanks to someone who actually owns the phone. On the bright side Link can see the phone over WIFI but that won't allow me to move over contacts / contents. At least I can transfer files from the computer.

It seems to be a windows problem with the drivers (Vista). My computer can see Samsungs and iPhones and old Blackberries but it can't install the bb10 drivers. It keeps saying "failed to install the drivers" on the systray.
    Give this a try maybe

KB13336-Update BlackBerry Smartphone drivers manually on a Windows-based computer
    10-22-13 11:38 PM
    To the the OP Dukey Avalon, you know my dad taught me when I was very young that you attract a lot more bees with honey than you do with vinegar, perhaps you could leave your snot a$$ attitude at the door before logging in and maybe folks would be more helpful, but you come wheeling in here all C0CK of the walk b1tching people out, your lucky your getting any responses at all...now please respect the posters in here and maybe you'll get some in return

Posted by the Zed 30 of rockivy
    10-23-13 12:00 AM
    To the the OP Dukey Avalon, you know my dad tight me when I was very young that you attract a lot more bees with honey than no do with vinegar, perhaps you could leave your snot a$$ attitude at the door before logging in and maybe folks would be more helpful, be you come wheeling in here all C0CK of the walk b1tching people out, your lucky your getting any responses at all...now please respect the posters in here and maybe you'll get some in return

On top of all that it was probably due to his crappy computer running Vista LOL and he comes in here on his high horse blaming everything else.
    10-23-13 12:04 AM
    Can you please tell me/us how?
    I want to do it with Outlook.com(hotmail, right?) and failed to do it in one step... sending each contact is too laborious for me... is there any method like...
    "Send contact list in its details to GMail/Hotmail"!?
    Thanks

Posted via my Q10, Germany
    http://www.google.com/sync/index.html

Posted from my Z10
    10-23-13 12:04 AM
    On top of all that it was probably due to his crappy computer running Vista LOL and he comes in here on his high horse blaming everything else.
    Yeah that made me smile, at least he didn't say he had windows 98 ME hahaha, did that even support USB? Wait that was NT4 that didn't support USB. Anyway yeah careful throwing stones from that house made of glass junior

10-23-13 12:10 AM
    To the OP

If you still happen to have a copy of the old Desktop Manager Kicking around this method will allow you to copy you contacts to your cpu, then you can bluetooth from cpu to z30.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post7941019

see post #99

Or, If by chance you dont have to many contacts you can send individual contact cards from your Torch to email. then open the email on the z30 where you can then download the contact card.

Hope this helps, the Torch gave a lot of people headaches
    10-23-13 12:12 AM
    My z10 had all kinds of issues with Vista but it's been amazing now that I have windows 7

Posted from my Z10
    10-23-13 12:22 AM
    Now you're just trolling.
    Unless you're talking about a non BlackBerry phone, yes you can do a device swap.

I JUST finished saying I was able to do a device switch from my Torch to my Z10.
    You can actually do device switch for non-blackberry phones. The app is available on app store and google play.
    John Ho likes this.
    10-23-13 12:29 AM
    Does the torch have the option to transfer contacts via blue tooth? That's what I did with my Bold.
    Either that or maybe delete and reinstall link and try again.

Posted using the brand new Z30
    cant the contacts be transferred via BlackBerry protect?
    10-23-13 12:40 AM
    Too late now... my torch has no data connection.
    Did the Wifi suddenly die as well?

Posted via CB10
    xiaohuaxing and edyts like this.
    10-23-13 12:41 AM
    Yeah, BlackBerry made a real effort to make a joke of your particular ownership experience. Glad their plans worked.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 12:47 AM
    To the OP

If you still happen to have a copy of the old Desktop Manager Kicking around this method will allow you to copy you contacts to your cpu, then you can bluetooth from cpu to z30.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post7941019

see post #99

Or, If by chance you dont have to many contacts you can send individual contact cards from your Torch to email. then open the email on the z30 where you can then download the contact card.

Hope this helps, the Torch gave a lot of people headaches
    I would just use desktop manager to export the contacts to csv/outlook, then import to Gmail or outlook.com and sync via carddav or activesync.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 12:49 AM
    Use an app called intouch to backup your contacts on the torch...then download it on z30 and download contacts...boom.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 12:52 AM
    upload contacts to a email on the torch. set up a new email and sync contacts.

then setup the new email on the Z30 and sync the contacts. done.
    10-23-13 01:04 AM
    To the the OP Dukey Avalon, you know my dad taught me when I was very young that you attract a lot more bees with honey than you do with vinegar, perhaps you could leave your snot a$$ attitude at the door before logging in and maybe folks would be more helpful, but you come wheeling in here all C0CK of the walk b1tching people out, your lucky your getting any responses at all...now please respect the posters in here and maybe you'll get some in return

Well, your Dad should have taught you to read, too. His attitude was perfectly fine until someone unfairly accused him of being a troll.

You people amuse me. You go around whining about 'negativity' on CrackBerry and muse aloud on how it's supposed to be an enthusiast site to help others. When people come out for help, if they don't grovel you folks jump on them. This reminds me of that other thread where someone came for help with his Z10 that wasn't connecting to his in-car bluetooth and was savaged for it.

Dukey Avalon attitude to start with was spot-on. Calling someone a troll because he isn't as savvy as you are is just lame.
    10-23-13 01:23 AM
    Use device switch using a memory card. Very simple.

Jakarta, Indonesia
    10-23-13 01:39 AM
    You don't need Link. Just blue tooth pair the Torch and the Z30 and send the contacts over.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    undone likes this.
    10-23-13 01:42 AM
    Google Sync
    No option appears for Blackberry, but only for Android and iPhones.
    Maybe I am missing something.

Posted from my Z10
    10-23-13 01:54 AM
    You don't need Link. Just blue tooth pair the Torch and the Z30 and send the contacts over.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    Thank you Southlander. I have paired already my Q10 with my Z10 already. But I am lost. What's the next step to make the transfer of the contacts from my Q10 to the Z10, please? Sorry for my lack of knowledge.
    10-23-13 02:07 AM
    Pair both Z30 and torch through bluetooth, in ur torch's bluetooth connection click d option then "transfer contact",used it 2 send all my contact from my bold to my s3, works like a charm and within seconds
    southlander likes this.
    10-23-13 02:14 AM
    So Installed Blackberry Link last night anticipating getting a Z30 today. Which I did.

Today I get the phone home, plug in my old Torch to transfer over the contacts and what not to the Z 30. Link recognizes the Torch, copies the information and asks me to plug my new BB 10 device in. So I plug the Z 30 in and it tries to.... INSTALL god damn Blackberry link again. It doesn't recognize the phone. Any clues? Insights? Or is this just another wonderful case of Blackberry making the ownership experience a joke?
    Alright, lemme throw my hat into the ring as well.
    Don't mind the others calling you names, that is par for the course when things are sensitive.
    I've had a Torch and a Z10 and didn't face any issues

Attempt the following:

Option A
    1) Start bluetooth on both devices.
    2) Pair devices
    3) On Torch, under bluetooth setting, look for your Z30
    4) Click options, and select transfer contacts
    5) Done! Hopefully

Option B
    1) Go to Cell Phones, Smartphones & Mobile Phones from BlackBerry.com
    2) Click on Software-> Desktop Software
    3) Download the software for Link
    4) Use the "Run as Administrator" option while installing the software
    5) Check if the USB cable is working with any other BB10 phone that you may have access to

Option C
    1) Go to https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...ECDFBAEFDB6079
    2) Fill in the details, and download and run the software (sometimes link needs Device Manager drivers to recognize the phone)

Option D
    1) If all else fails, come back here and we will try something else.

Option E
    1) Try returning your device and getting a new one (I'm sure it's still under warranty)

To everyone else, if it works, it works, if it doesn't, it doesn't.
    Playing nice will go a long way, whatever the circumstance.

Love peace and hair grease
    10-23-13 06:09 AM
    Does your provider offer an app for backing up contacts?

I had the Verizon app on my old Torch and reinstalled the new Verizon app on the Z10 and it did all the magic work in the background. It backs up weekly so I have the latest contact list even if my phone gets damaged or lost. It even works if I go to another brand of phone. It's the simplest thing on the planet.
    10-23-13 06:21 AM
    I'm not sure about resolving the BlackBerry Link issue, but the best way that I found to transfer over from BB OS7 to BB10 is to use the device switch.

On your BB OS7 device, put in a microSD, search for Device switch in the settings and use that to do a device switch backup.
    Take out the microSD and put it into your new Z30, look for the Device Switch in the settings. (Or just click on the Universal Search button and type in "Device Switch") Now restore the backup.

Done!

That was how I restored from my Torch and it worked out great. Got all my contacts, sms, etc onto my Z10.
    Did the same when I moved from my Torch 9810 to the Z10. With the link software in its infancy it was the only way I could transfer my calendar and contacts over. They were associated with my old blackberry.net email address.

Posted via CB10 1.4.2 on Z10 10.1.0.4181 on the Rogers Network
    10-23-13 06:27 AM
    If you're awesome and using Windows 8.1 like me there are still a few problems Microsoft or BlackBerry Link needs to address. It may not be the device. With my Windows update I lost usb recognition with my Z10 with link and sounds like what you're describing.
    Had problems yesterday as well with Windows 8.1 recognizing the z30... finally worked out but had to disconnect and reconnect more than a few times for bb link to see it. Don't think my z10 had as many issues but maybe it did.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-23-13 06:31 AM
    The best way is to sync over outlook Gmail or Hotmail. Etc. I have switched many BlackBerry devices and I never had to use the transfer method nor device switch method. Just transfer over the air, simple and hassle free.

Posted via CB10
    edyts likes this.
    10-23-13 07:40 AM
100 1234