these problems are part and parcel ,i think transferring data by Bluetooth is the bet way.
    10-23-13 07:42 AM
    Try the SD way. That's how I went from my torch to z10.

Posted via CB10
    John Pawling likes this.
    10-23-13 07:49 AM
    Thank you Southlander. I have paired already my Q10 with my Z10 already. But I am lost. What's the next step to make the transfer of the contacts from my Q10 to the Z10, please? Sorry for my lack of knowledge.
    Longpress on contact, then share (via bluetooth)

Z30 home for 5 minutes and the problems begin.-img_00001163.png

Posted via my Q10, Germany
    nappalonia likes this.
    10-23-13 08:01 AM
    Thanks, paired my phones, then was lost, LOL.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 11:01 AM
    I transferred everything via SD media card from 9810 to Z10. Worked perfectly.

Posted via CB10
    John Pawling likes this.
    10-23-13 12:26 PM
    That's how I transferred from my 9900 to Z10 too worked great, just had to install Password keeper from world for my passwords

Posted by the Zed 30 of rockivy
    10-23-13 12:49 PM
    Hello, I just signed on this forum. There's a lot more info here on the Z30than the last BB forum I was on.

I currently have a Torch 9810 on Rogers and pre-ordered a Z30 last week. Incidentally, this forum was the only place I could find a statement from Rogers as to what they are up to with regard to the release of the Z30. Nobody from customer service, live chat or the website had any info. Considering I can walk into any Bell store and pick one up tomorrow, Rogers has really dropped the ball on this one. But that's for another thread.

I read all the posts here as I will have to transfer my contact to the Z30 (if I ever get it). I see that there's a few ways to do it. My question is when you transfer info from one to the other, will that include all my contacts, notes, voice notes, password keeper etc? I know all my photos are on the SD but what about the other stuff?
    10-23-13 02:51 PM
    To the the OP Dukey Avalon, you know my dad taught me when I was very young that you attract a lot more bees with honey than you do with vinegar, perhaps you could leave your snot a$$ attitude at the door before logging in and maybe folks would be more helpful, but you come wheeling in here all C0CK of the walk b1tching people out, your lucky your getting any responses at all...now please respect the posters in here and maybe you'll get some in return

Posted by the Zed 30 of rockivy
    You know what my Dad taught me? If you don't know what you're talking about you shut your god damn mouth.

Anyone who has a problem with Blackberry here is a troll... I had a legit problem and the fanbois (who probably are rocking BB Pearls) jumped on. I don't mind taking crap, but don't tell me to do a device switch with a media card on a phone that it doesn't work on. Ultimately I got reasonable information from people who actually have the phone and have a brain and a level of knowledge. So in closing you can feel free to print this thread, shred it, cook it in a pot and eat it. That way it can really get in your caboose.

Ps. I returned the phone this morning because the headphone jack was screwed. I plugged headphones in and only one ear had sound. After I removed the headset the phone's speakers wouldn't work. It was always thinking a headset was installed. I switched it for a new phone and have another Z30 so if anyone wants to call me a troll because my phone was immediately broken feel free.
    10-23-13 05:15 PM
    On top of all that it was probably due to his crappy computer running Vista LOL and he comes in here on his high horse blaming everything else.
    LOL. I exchanged the broken Failberry this morning because the headphone jack was broken. Perhaps you can stand behind my high horse and he'll leave you a road apple.

The LOL driver problem LOL is as much LOL a Windows LOL problem as it is LOL a Blackberry LOL problem. As indicated LOL I've had a Galaxy LOL and an LOL LOL LOL iPhone hooked up to my computer and both auto install. Thanks LOL for your input LOL.
    10-23-13 05:19 PM
    Try the SD way. That's how I went from my torch to z10.

Posted via CB10
    Can you point me to online instructions on how to move contact with a TORCH 9800. I don't believe you can.
    10-23-13 05:20 PM
    Just my experience when I used link to do the device switch. On a windows 7 computer.
    First, I did a backup on my z30 with BlackBerry Link. Note the computer recognized the z30. Then I removed the 30 from the usb connection. Then I plugged my old curve running OS 6, did a backup with the old BlackBerry backup. Closed that backup, Then started BlackBerry Link and switch device, link did it's thing with the curve. When it was ready for the 30 I unplugged the curve and plugged, in my Z30. Guess what I got Windows message does not recognize device.
    All I did was unplug the usb and reboot the pc and my phone, reconnected usb. Windows recognized the z30 this time, and,link finished the switch.
    I got my phone on 15th to the best of my memory that is all I did to fix device not recognized in windows,
    May not solve issue originally posted, but shows windows can still be picky when it's suits her.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 05:22 PM

I will give that a try perhaps later thanks. I appreciate the help.
    10-23-13 05:24 PM
    Can you point me to online instructions on how to move contact with a TORCH 9800. I don't believe you can.
    How about crackberry.com and use the search feature.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 05:42 PM
    Just to share my experience. I have a torch 9810 I purchased my z30 last Saturday. I thought that link would transfer all using device switch. Well it did, I followed the instructions, during the process of did get the message about device driver not installed.
    Once completed I found. I had loads of duplicates I think. Because of recurring appointments. It looked a real mess so I did a factory wipe. Faced with this thankfully I set up an outlook sync which gave me my calender and contacts without issue. After doing my email accounts, the emails appeared. BBM filled in as well, I used my previous back up to do a custom install of my text messages. So I managed to recover all my stuff.
    I reused my existing sd card so accessed that info. My music was via my pc so I re installed that. So where there is a will there is a way.
    Ps I also. Used protect to restore some info I also had to switch off desktop manager as it kept opening and giving error messages
    10-23-13 06:28 PM
    It's a Torch folks, running like OS0.01. It can't device swap, bluetooth transfer or anything like that.
    Stupid comment.
    Easy to switch over from a torch.
    Steer clear of link and use BlackBerry Protect.
    The torch is a great device. I wish BlackBerry 10 could be as functional as my old torch 2

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 06:58 PM
    Well, your Dad should have taught you to read, too. His attitude was perfectly fine until someone unfairly accused him of being a troll. Dukey Avalon attitude to start with was spot-on. Calling someone a troll because he isn't as savvy as you are is just lame.
    Absolutely +1. Unbelievable how these members (and I use that term on purpose) immediately start screaming 'troll!!' when someone posts in a polite manner with what is obviously a legit problem.

Demoralizing, really.
    10-23-13 09:07 PM
    Duckey,
    You just need to have your PC turned on.
    Your Z30 turned OFF.
    Plug your Z30 into the PC, then turn the Z30 ON.

The drivers will then be loaded on the PC after a couple of minutes.

Good luck.
    10-23-13 09:12 PM
    I will give that a try perhaps later thanks. I appreciate the help.
    Do let us know if anything works, we can use that for future users.
    If nothing works, do come back and post, so that we can try other options.

LP&HG
    ealvnv likes this.
    10-23-13 11:07 PM
    InTouch app.

Download it onto your Torch, create an account, sync it.

Download it onto your Z30, open the account, sync it.

I used this from an old Curve onto a Q5 and it worked flawlessly.

Try it and let me know.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 01:01 AM
    Something else you could try too, not sure if it supports the OS that you're on but you could use BlackBerry Protect to do a backup of the Torch via wifi possibly and then restore that backup (one time from Torch to Z30 only) on the Z30.

Not sure if it would work without a data plan or if you could find a download of it via the browser that would work over wifi, but it is a potential solution.
    undone likes this.
    10-24-13 01:10 AM
    Absolutely +1. Unbelievable how these members (and I use that term on purpose) immediately start screaming 'troll!!' when someone posts in a polite manner with what is obviously a legit problem.

Demoralizing, really.
    The first guy was stupid to pull the troll card but the OPs immature responses after that were just as bad

Posted via CB10
    paper_monkey and didii like this.
    10-24-13 01:36 AM
    So Installed Blackberry Link last night anticipating getting a Z30 today. Which I did.

Today I get the phone home, plug in my old Torch to transfer over the contacts and what not to the Z 30. Link recognizes the Torch, copies the information and asks me to plug my new BB 10 device in. So I plug the Z 30 in and it tries to.... INSTALL god damn Blackberry link again. It doesn't recognize the phone. Any clues? Insights? Or is this just another wonderful case of Blackberry making the ownership experience a joke?
    Really, all your contacts should be in the cloud in a gmail or live address book, so that your address book could sync to your Z30 wirelessly and in realtime.
    10-24-13 02:17 AM
    Really, all your contacts should be in the cloud in a gmail or live address book, so that your address book could sync to your Z30 wirelessly and in realtime.
    Have you to be "online" to get one contact after that? Or can you search for your contacts even in the airplane mode?

Posted via my Q10, Germany
    10-24-13 02:52 AM
    you can use BlackBerry Protect. On the Z30 go to Settings -> BlackBerry Protect -> Restore.
    Otherwise try opening Device Manager and uninstall all the Z30 drivers. Plug the phone back in and Windows should install the correct ones.
    Windows Vista is notoriously bad for drivers, its a Windows problem not BlackBerry.
    10-24-13 03:48 AM
    Almost better to have your contacts in the 'cloud' now a days that way you can sync any device regardless of OS or manufacturer. I used the bluetooth transfer with my 9930 and the Z10. 9800 should have a BT (unless it broken) and you should be able to move them. Wish I had realized BB Protect would one time transfer. Does your provider have any preinstalled tools? I know Verizon has some backup agent stuff on there devices (havent used them myself)
    10-24-13 09:25 AM
100 1234