So Installed Blackberry Link last night anticipating getting a Z30 today. Which I did.

Today I get the phone home, plug in my old Torch to transfer over the contacts and what not to the Z 30. Link recognizes the Torch, copies the information and asks me to plug my new BB 10 device in. So I plug the Z 30 in and it tries to.... INSTALL god damn Blackberry link again. It doesn't recognize the phone. Any clues? Insights? Or is this just another wonderful case of Blackberry making the ownership experience a joke?
    10-22-13 10:25 PM
    Does the torch have the option to transfer contacts via blue tooth? That's what I did with my Bold.
    Either that or maybe delete and reinstall link and try again.

Posted using the brand new Z30
    10-22-13 10:29 PM
    Install the version it tells you to.

Just follow the instructions to install Link again.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 10:30 PM
    I'm not sure about resolving the BlackBerry Link issue, but the best way that I found to transfer over from BB OS7 to BB10 is to use the device switch.

On your BB OS7 device, put in a microSD, search for Device switch in the settings and use that to do a device switch backup.
    Take out the microSD and put it into your new Z30, look for the Device Switch in the settings. (Or just click on the Universal Search button and type in "Device Switch") Now restore the backup.

Done!

That was how I restored from my Torch and it worked out great. Got all my contacts, sms, etc onto my Z10.
    10-22-13 10:31 PM
    It's a Torch folks, running like OS0.01. It can't device swap, bluetooth transfer or anything like that.
    Chad Thandy likes this.
    10-22-13 10:41 PM
    Check to see if the "BlackBerry Link Communication Manager" service (Type Services in the search bar and you should see it) is enabled and started before you plug in your phone. It's a separate service that is supposed to run 24x7 regardless if Link is open or not.

If it's not started, Link won't be able to detect your phone, and your phone will attempt to install Link on your computer again.
    10-22-13 10:43 PM
    It's a Torch folks, running like OS0.01. It can't device swap, bluetooth transfer or anything like that.
    Now you're just trolling.
    Unless you're talking about a non BlackBerry phone, yes you can do a device swap.

I JUST finished saying I was able to do a device switch from my Torch to my Z10.
    10-22-13 10:47 PM
    Unless you're talking about a non BlackBerry phone, yes you can do a device swap.

I JUST finished saying I was able to do a device switch from my Torch to my Z10.
    How do I do a device swap without using a computer.

Let's revisit this :

Computer recognizes Torch.
    Copies information to transfer.
    Doesn't recognize Z30.

Are we clear? If you have a magic way of transferring without using the computer I'd really love to know.
    10-22-13 10:52 PM

Furthermore Genius, I'm guessing your computer recognized your Z10??
    10-22-13 10:54 PM

Let's revisit this :

Doesn't recognize Z30.

Are we clear? If you have a magic way of transferring without using the computer I'd really love to know.
    He just explained his method above. Read before you call him out.
    10-22-13 10:57 PM

Let's revisit this :

Doesn't recognize Z30.

Go away troll people have already given you two different courses of action to fix your problem try them both before complaining.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 11:00 PM
    Yes, it actually can do device switch and bluetooth transfer.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 11:00 PM
    in your z30 go to settings, storage and access and make your that where it says usb connections is set to either windows or mac, do not use autodetect since that causes this issue
    Attached Thumbnails Z30 home for 5 minutes and the problems begin.-img_00000069.png  
    10-22-13 11:05 PM
    If you're awesome and using Windows 8.1 like me there are still a few problems Microsoft or BlackBerry Link needs to address. It may not be the device. With my Windows update I lost usb recognition with my Z10 with link and sounds like what you're describing.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    10-22-13 11:13 PM
    Install the version it tells you to.

Just follow the instructions to install Link again.

Posted via CB10
    Tried. Uninstalled Link, reinstalled from the Z30. Drivers failed to install. Looks like manually retyping my contacts or return the phone.
    10-22-13 11:15 PM
    Tried. Uninstalled Link, reinstalled from the Z30. Drivers failed to install. Looks like manually retyping my contacts or return the phone.
    see my post above
    10-22-13 11:16 PM
    see my post above
    Didn't work. Thanks to someone who actually owns the phone. On the bright side Link can see the phone over WIFI but that won't allow me to move over contacts / contents. At least I can transfer files from the computer.

It seems to be a windows problem with the drivers (Vista). My computer can see Samsungs and iPhones and old Blackberries but it can't install the bb10 drivers. It keeps saying "failed to install the drivers" on the systray.
    10-22-13 11:21 PM
    Why not sync your contacts to Gmail or Hotmail?

Posted from my Z10
    anon8091350, ankush77 and cdnrower like this.
    10-22-13 11:23 PM
    If you're awesome and using Windows 8.1 like me there are still a few problems Microsoft or BlackBerry Link needs to address. It may not be the device. With my Windows update I lost usb recognition with my Z10 with link and sounds like what you're describing.
    This sounds like the problem. I am using Vista, but given your experiences I'm thinking its a problem between the BB10 drivers and windows. Thanks for your help. Nice to see there are a few people here who are a) knowledgable and b) don't assume you're trolling if Blackberry stuff doesn't work right.
    10-22-13 11:23 PM

Posted from my Z10
    Too late now... my torch has no data connection.
    10-22-13 11:24 PM
    Too late now... my torch has no data connection.
    Damn

Posted from my Z10
    10-22-13 11:25 PM
    Go away troll people have already given you two different courses of action to fix your problem try them both before complaining.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, I meant to quote your idiotic post so I can publicly point out you have no idea what you are talking about.

I tried to reinstall link - which was one solution that didnt work.

The second solution was to transfer via media card. Which is not an option on the Torch 9800 unless I am really mistaken.

So in conclusion, unless you have something accurate or useful please just go be ignorant somewhere else.
    10-22-13 11:28 PM
    No issues with 8.1 here link, z10, RFA, all works.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    10-22-13 11:28 PM
    No issues with 8.1 here link, z10, RFA, all works.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    I'm going to get access to another PC and see about trying that. At least right now Link can see the phone via wifi which is cool.
    10-22-13 11:29 PM

Posted from my Z10
    Can you please tell me/us how?
    I want to do it with Outlook.com(hotmail, right?) and failed to do it in one step... sending each contact is too laborious for me... is there any method like...
    "Send contact list in its details to GMail/Hotmail"!?
    Thanks

Posted via my Q10, Germany
    10-22-13 11:30 PM
100 123 ...