We're defending micro economic principles... you can't sell low and increase price. that's why we start from high to low... 400 starting price is ridiculous considering the price of Q10 and Z10.

Posted via CB10
    You are trying to adapt the facts to your hypothesis, instead of doing it otherwise.

What this really tells us, is that the Z10 and Q10 were overpriced as well.
    The Q5 was the worst in terms of overpaying though.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 06:52 PM
    If I remember correctly, this is a forum, with the main theme of BlackBerry.
    This sub forum is for the Z30.

I use a Z10 as my main driver and was an early adopter coming from a Torch 9810.
    I use the 10.2 leak and will miss the Squircle, if it isn't in the official release.

So, the reason why I am here is pretty self evident:
    I have a BlackBerry, these are the CB forums, the Z30 is a BlackBerry.

But no, it definitely doesn't make me feel better, because the level of ignorance some have ( no, not you) is astonishing.

People are defending the price of the Z30 even though they are the ones being milked/ripped-off.
    BlackBerry users once made fun of "iSheeps" because of this exact same reason.
    Namely: overpaying, and being happy about it.

Times have changed...
    Today BlackBerry users are the new "iSheeps".
    What an ironical turn of events.

Posted via CB10
    Any word on the sick batt life dem iphone gangsters be getting on dat 2g?

Posted via CB10
    Nharzhool likes this.
    09-18-13 06:53 PM
    You are trying to adapt the facts to your hypothesis, instead of doing it otherwise.

What this really tells us, is that the Z10 and Q10 were overpriced as well.
    The Q5 was the worst in terms of overpaying though.

Posted via CB10
    I would agree that the Q5 was overpriced but the rest are in line for launch prices.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 07:21 PM
    We're defending micro economic principles... you can't sell low and increase price. that's why we start from high to low... 400 starting price is ridiculous considering the price of Q10 and Z10.

Posted via CB10
    That just proves the Z10 and Q10 are still overpriced.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    09-18-13 07:37 PM
    Being that this is launching at ~ $600 (besides selfridges) it would seem they are learning from their previous pricing strategies and pricing it lower at launch.

I will buy one day one, same as I did z10 and Q10. Both well worth the coin.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 07:53 PM
    The Moto X is a midrange phone with a high-end price tag.
    For me, this is the same case as it is with the Z30.
    The cost of 600$ for the MotoX is not warranted.

And no, my definition of far better specs is not weird.
    I used the Note 2 to compare it with the Z30 as the hardware is similar, but the Note 2 is way cheaper.

If we take the Note 3 or the LG G2 as examples, you have phones with far better specs, for the same price, with a better ecosystem and comparable battery life.

Again, the same goes for the MotoX. With a price tag of 600$, it's value proposition is worse.

Using the Selfridges price is absolutely no problem, because it costs that much right now.
    Even if it gets 50 pounds cheaper, it's still too expensive though.

And that changes the end-result exactly how?
    For the normal smartphone buyer, how many mah a battery has, is exactly of no concern to him/her, as long as the battery life is long enough.

But good point with the smaller battery, as this proves my point, even if you weren't aware of that:
    A smaller battery costs less.
    Since BlackBerry saved some $ there, like they do with the whole spec sheet, why is the device still so expensive?

They save $ with the CPU, GPU, RAM, the Camera, the Display Resolution and the Battery Size but the phone is still as expensive as a Note 3/Sony Z1/LG G2.
    If they save so much money on the parts, and have a lacking ecosystem, as well as a horrible customer service, what exactly justifies the price of the phone, that is around 600$ and 600 pounds right now?

Posted via CB10
    You keep talking about ecosystems, but is it going to cost Android makers or BB more for developing the OS? BB is going to shoulder more costs since its their OS. Android leverages a lot of work paid for by someone else.

It costs a lot more for Canadian engineers and developers than Korean/Chinese ones. They also do not have the manufacturing or buying power of Samsung. So I don't understand why you think they can sell them for the same amount and make the same margins.

Products are developed many months or even years in advance. It hard to pinpoint the specs of the competition and the cost of devices 6-18 months out. I have not heard the stories of anti-competitive practices by BlackBerry (not they they don't, just haven't heard of any) that I've heard about other PROVEN Android manufacturers getting trade secrets from the competition through illegal means.

I understand your point that they need to have lower priced phones to be competitive, but you also can't ignore reality that their products cost more and they need to show a profit.
    09-18-13 08:13 PM
    I noticed the price at Selfridges has been reduced from 600 GBP to 529 GBP. It still says 600 on the ad, but if you add to the cart, the price goes down to 529.
    09-18-13 09:35 PM
    Is wireless charging on all models, I think it is carrier dependent

Posted via White Z10
    Attachment 203005
    Really? I mean, REALLY? Not everything is carrier dependant you know.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4780 O2 Uk
    09-19-13 12:33 AM
    I noticed the price at Selfridges has been reduced from 600 GBP to 529 GBP. It still says 600 on the ad, but if you add to the cart, the price goes down to 529.
    If BlackBerry is smart, this thing will be priced to sell. The selfridge price means nothing as it is going to be higher than the high street prices. If they price it up modestly (399) then it should fly. The main trouble with the UK is that if you choose a handset at 400 and a top end tariff, it costs the same as a 600 phone and the same tariff, namely unlimited, unlimited and 1 or 2 gig of data. In both cases, they give you the phone with no upfront charge. So if 2 phones valued at 200 gbp apart cost the same effectively, what are you going to do? No brainer right? If they make it under 400 then the consumers get a better deal on the tariff as it is priced as an upper mid range phone with top end specs. They'll get the top end tariff at 8 Quid a month less. That's what will sell this phone. You need sales people to say that it is totally the best Bang for Your Buck EVER! They'll sell bucket loads.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4780 O2 Uk
    Thunderbuck and greenberry666 like this.
    09-19-13 12:47 AM
    Attachment 202959

I'm not allowed to post my pin in my signature anymore...
    still plenty of room to stretch more on the screen size smh. ill get it anyways. :0
    09-19-13 01:14 AM
    Lmao!! Exactly my thoughts. Still trying to figure out why he's here. I'm thinking he's an Apple high-up. Lol.

Subscribe to Tri County Catering and Party Idea Channel. Pin #C00123065
    09-19-13 01:25 AM
    This guy gets it!!

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 05:32 AM
    If I remember correctly, this is a forum, with the main theme of BlackBerry.
    This sub forum is for the Z30.

I use a Z10 as my main driver and was an early adopter coming from a Torch 9810.
    I use the 10.2 leak and will miss the Squircle, if it isn't in the official release.

So, the reason why I am here is pretty self evident:
    I have a BlackBerry, these are the CB forums, the Z30 is a BlackBerry.

But no, it definitely doesn't make me feel better, because the level of ignorance some have ( no, not you) is astonishing.

People are defending the price of the Z30 even though they are the ones being milked/ripped-off.
    BlackBerry users once made fun of "iSheeps" because of this exact same reason.
    Namely: overpaying, and being happy about it.

Times have changed...
    Today BlackBerry users are the new "iSheeps".
    What an ironical turn of events.

Posted via CB10
    But why do you consider it your mission to change their minds? If it makes them happy and they enjoy their phone, well you have to take happiness where you find it.
    09-19-13 07:57 AM
    Lmao!! Exactly my thoughts. Still trying to figure out why he's here. I'm thinking he's an Apple high-up. Lol.

Subscribe to Tri County Catering and Party Idea Channel. Pin #C00123065

But why do you consider it your mission to change their minds? If it makes them happy and they enjoy their phone, well you have to take happiness where you find it.
    There is no mission.
    But if people can rave about that phone, I am free to do the contrary.

I would have bought the Z30, but not with that specs and surely not for that price.
    The Z30 is the reason why my next phone will be a Samsung Note 3, as I can't justify the difference in specs and ecosystem for the same price.

I like BB10, I like my Z10, I buy my phones off-contract and BlackBerry doesn't want my money apparently.

Posted via CB10
    kevinnugent likes this.
    09-19-13 11:50 AM
    http://antyweb.pl/wp-content/uploads...E-facebook.jpg

There is no mission.

I would have bought the Z30, but not with that specs and surely not for that price.
    The Z30 is the reason why my next phone will be a Samsung Note 3, as I can't justify the difference in specs and ecosystem for the same price.

I like BB10, I like my Z10, I buy my phones off-contract and BlackBerry doesn't want my money apparently.

Posted via CB10
    He's here to tell us all about 2g talk time!....and for that we thank him. With his vast knowledge of the 2g antenna landscape we all wouldnt know our arsehole from our elbow.

So from everyone here at Crackberry...Thanks MarsupilamiX!!

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 12:15 PM

There is no mission.

Posted via CB10
    You're ranting about an independent retailer's preliminary pricing that has apparently already been revised. We've had some indication that US pricing is going to come in around $400 off-contract.

Nobody's disputing your right to be critical but you're coming across as kind of hysterical.

EDIT: I have to correct this, because I had a brain fart. Preliminary pricing is looking like $600, not $400. I messed up just because of all the freakin currencies I've seen prices quoted in between today and yesterday.

From the awesome PHYSICAL keyboard of my Q10
    Last edited by Thunderbuck; 09-19-13 at 10:41 PM.
    Nharzhool likes this.
    09-19-13 12:23 PM
    You're ranting about an independent retailer's preliminary pricing that has apparently already been revised. We've had some indication that US pricing is going to come in around $400 off-contract.

Nobody's disputing your right to be critical but you're coming across as kind of hysterical.

From the awesome PHYSICAL keyboard of my Q10
    If they launch it for around 400$ in the US, I have no problem with the Z30 anymore.
    Not the slightest one, because this is the realm it should be priced at.

As an ambassador, I guess you should be careful with the use of words like "hysterical".

But no, what I would call hysterical, are people who try to defend the indefensible specs and pricing.
    People, who with all their might are unable to understand how the cell-phone market is structured today.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 12:36 PM
    If they launch it for around 400$ in the US, I have no problem with the Z30 anymore.
    Not the slightest one, because this is the realm it should be priced at.

As an ambassador, I guess you should be careful with the use of words like "hysterical".

But no, what I would call hysterical, are people who try to defend the indefensible specs and pricing.
    People, who with all their might are unable to understand how the cell-phone market is structured today.

Posted via CB10
    Now I agreed with you before on pricing, but I think you're jumping the gun a bit here. Wait for the actual US pricing.

I fully understand that you want your money's worth when you make a purchase. Your perceived value in a device is dominated by cold hard specs, with the software experience playing a minor role. There's nothing wrong with that as the different OSes are converging and pretty much offer the same features. You wouldn't miss out on anything. Innovation and uniqueness are on the decline. That leaves preference on the table.

Is the Z30 worth 600? You bet your *** it is, but it won't sell at that value because of negative perception of the company and the ecosystem. That wouldn't stop me and many others from purchasing the phone because that's my preference. To hit a sweet spot, the Z30 should be, imo, 150 on contract at the very least. 200 is only warranted if they can market it like hell.

The point is that if you don't want the phone at that price, don't buy it. BlackBerry isn't ripping anybody off if that is your thinking. I'm not sure you factored in build quality and durability into your assessment. The most important device on your body should be durable. By durability I mean the ability of your phone to look new, when it actually isn't. BlackBerry has always done that imo. My Q10 is a tank and I don't own a case. I'm not worried. I'd **** my pants if I dropped an HTC One or an iPhone caseless. The S4 is a plastic piece of ****. Screw dropping that. Since many phones require cases, they're actual cost is a bit higher than it seems, isn't it? I'd go caseless on a Z30 too as long as the metal on the phone is some grade of steel. If it's aluminum, to hell with it. It's not worth it to me either.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 01:25 PM

There is no mission.

The Z30 is the reason why my next phone will be a Samsung Note 3,

Posted via CB10
    Don't know about mission, you are sure spending a lot of time trying to convince us you're smarter than us and are going to another phone because you are.

Enjoy the new phone and I hope you find a forum soon (real soon) for that phone where you can tell them how smart you are and what's wrong with that phone
    09-19-13 02:28 PM
    Don't know about mission, you are sure spending a lot of time trying to convince us you're smarter than us and are going to another phone because you are.

Enjoy the new phone and I hope you find a forum soon (real soon) for that phone where you can tell them how smart you are and what's wrong with that phone
    squircle!!!
    Nharzhool likes this.
    09-19-13 02:51 PM

It really must hurt your feelings when somebody tells you, that the Z30 is not worth 600$.
    You shouldn't be that emotionally involved with your phones.

But I will reassure you, that I won't go anywhere.
    I'll keep my Z10 to see how BB10 will further be developped.
    Therefore, if my presence annoys you, is something that I couldn't care less about.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 02:54 PM
    Well I've been following this thread with a mixture of humor and annoyance.

Humor - Because it's funny how some people get so worked up in forums.

Annoyance - Because the CB10 app does not allow you to stop following "Participated Threads" which means I keep seeing this argument.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 05:53 PM
    I will pay full price and be an early adopter ... period =)
    Why? Because I want to and really because I deserve it, lots of hard work at office and at the end not getting the phone that I want just because is too expensive? Noup and that is my case and my opinion
    09-19-13 06:24 PM
    I will pay full price and be an early adopter ... period =)
    Why? Because I want to and really because I deserve it, lots of hard work at office and at the end not getting the phone that I want just because is too expensive? Noup and that is my case and my opinion
    And you will be one of the very very few. Enjoy it.
    09-19-13 07:13 PM
    Verizon secures white Z30 but has wireless charging ? Now i thought the feature was not on the Z30http://n4bb.com/verizon-scoring-exclusive-white-blackberry-z30-wireless-charging/

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 07:41 PM
144 ... 3456