Awesome

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 09:46 AM
    The Lumia 1020 was being discounted in a matter of days. Even the SGS4 was seeing major incentives by mid-June.
    Yet, the Q10 is still overpriced.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    09-18-13 09:48 AM
    Will the Selfridge's model run on ATT LTE? Asked above (kind of) but still not answered.
    09-18-13 11:09 AM
    Attachment 202959

I'm not allowed to post my pin in my signature anymore...
    Wow. That is huge! No one is going to be able to carry that around without a wheelbarrow handy. Look at it. It is as tall as a person.
    09-18-13 11:12 AM
    Wow. That is huge! No one is going to be able to carry that around without a wheelbarrow handy. Look at it. It is as tall as a person.
    That was hilarious

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 11:44 AM
    Looks awesome!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 4
    09-18-13 11:48 AM
    The Lumia 1020 was being discounted in a matter of days. Even the SGS4 was seeing major incentives by mid-June.
    And that's why it's intelligent to overprice the device from the beginning?
    I can't follow you anymore, if that is what you propose...

The price is insane, and apparently shows that they didn't understood it yet again, how much 99% of the smartphone market is willing to pay for a BlackBerry.

But yes, I am sure that everyone believes, just like Dave for example, that it's totally fair to pay 350$ more for pretty much the same hardware the Google Nexus has.
    It's totally acceptable and surely not a stupid idea.

Guys, on what planet do you live when you really believe such things?
    With the specs the Z30 uses that are mostly from 2012, the price was sure to make or break that device.
    Well, apparently BlackBerry just doesn't want to sell phones.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 11:53 AM
    I'm very happy to hear they announced an actual ship date, not "soon". They're learning!

The battery life is impressive. And I love wireless charging.
    No wireless. I never did understand that rumor. Why would they go with Qi with they left that group & joined it's more robust competitor. (with wireless coming devices coming in 2014)

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 12:16 PM
    Ok, I'll wait 3 months, so the price can drop 50 buck, then I get it. Rite?
    That is if Blackberry is still in business.
    09-18-13 01:02 PM
    The Z10 had significantly more hype behind it, and sales were disappointing. People who want Blackberry to fail will wait until the phone has been out for 6 months, and will bank on it that the earnings call will show disappointing sales numbers for the Z30, and will say "I told you so!".
    09-18-13 01:42 PM
    And that's why it's intelligent to overprice the device from the beginning?
    I can't follow you anymore, if that is what you propose...

The price is insane, and apparently shows that they didn't understood it yet again, how much 99% of the smartphone market is willing to pay for a BlackBerry.

But yes, I am sure that everyone believes, just like Dave for example, that it's totally fair to pay 350$ more for pretty much the same hardware the Google Nexus has.
    It's totally acceptable and surely not a stupid idea.

Guys, on what planet do you live when you really believe such things?
    With the specs the Z30 uses that are mostly from 2012, the price was sure to make or break that device.
    Well, apparently BlackBerry just doesn't want to sell phones.

Posted via CB10
    Ya but tell us how many hours all these phones get on 2g bro!

I really need my 2g battery life stats....word on the street is your the guy who has the contacts to get us that info.

Posted via CB10
    LWKING likes this.
    09-18-13 03:12 PM
    Ya but tell us how many hours all these phones get on 2g bro!

I really need my 2g battery life stats....word on the street is your the guy who has the contacts to get us that info.

Posted via CB10
    Please, are you really that uneducated about the mobile landscape?
    There are enough phones with a comparable battery life but with far better specs.

You apparently also forget that I talked about the 3g talk time the Note 2 offers. 16 hours, just to remind you.

The funny thing about people believing that the Z30 would sell for such an insane price, is that the market will show them anyway how much the new Z30 will not sell.
    It's the worst offering in the mobile landscape for that price.

I don't even need to talk about it anymore, as the reality will do that for me in the forseeable future.
    The rose-tinted CrackBerry bubble must be a nice place to live at.
    This phone will be as much of a saviour as the Z10 was.
    Or the Q10.
    Or the Q5.

With a price of 450 dollar off-contract, that phone had a realistical chance of selling decent, for a BlackBerry.
    Like this, it's just more of the same.
    An overpriced device with no mainstream apps and specs from last year.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 03:41 PM
    Attachment 202980

White Z30

Posted via CB 10 on my BlackBerry Z10
    Gift me and I'll love you forever lol

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 03:45 PM
    Please, are you really that uneducated about the mobile landscape?
    There are enough phones with a comparable battery life but with far better specs.

You apparently also forget that I talked about the 3g talk time the Note 2 offers. 16 hours, just to remind you.

The funny thing about people believing that the Z30 would sell for such an insane price, is that the market will show them anyway how much the new Z30 will not sell.
    It's the worst offering in the mobile landscape for that price.

I don't even need to talk about it anymore, as the reality will do that for me in the forseeable future.
    The rose-tinted CrackBerry bubble must be a nice place to live at.
    This phone will be as much of a saviour as the Z10 was.
    Or the Q10.
    Or the Q5.

With a price of 450 dollar off-contract, that phone had a realistical chance of selling decent, for a BlackBerry.
    Like this, it's just more of the same.
    An overpriced device with no mainstream apps and specs from last year.

Posted via CB10
    Ya but they'll be alright as long as they be marketing dat 2g talk time battery life tho.........amiright!?!?!?!

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 04:14 PM
    Ya but they'll be alright as long as they be marketing dat 2g talk time battery life tho.........amiright!?!?!?!

Posted via CB10
    Again, the 1 year old Note 2, that now retails for 437 Euro has 16 hours of 3g talk time and very similar specs (but even that phone has a quadcore).
    http://www.amazon.de/Samsung-Smartph...bUvbUpU9190217

It's apparent that you can't handle facts.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 04:20 PM
    Your definition of "far better specs is crazy". This phone apparently matches or exceeds the note 2 in battery performance, and let's wait to see how it fairs in benchmarking tests.

Also, you don't know what the price is, and using the Selfridges price is disingenuous and you know it.

This phone is comparable to the Motox...are you saying that is a piece of crap outdated phone?

Posted via CB10
    Nharzhool likes this.
    09-18-13 04:41 PM
    This phone apparently matches or exceeds the note 2 in battery performance
    Not only does it have better battery life, it has it with a smaller battery

Posted via CB10
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    09-18-13 05:52 PM
    I don't disagree with you there - I've always hoped for very competitive pricing for the new BB10 range. All I am saying is let's not base it on SR pricing but let's wait and see what the carriers price it at.

I really do hope it is competitive - no one cares if it's a flag ship device or BBRYs 'best phone yet' - they just want to see a good functioning phone with a decent price tag!
    Well the price is out. Its not just me and you that can do a Google search and find out the current price in the UK, but also prospective customers. The damage has been done. And people do want a 'flagship' phone if they can afford it, why would they not? People aren't looking at the Z30 because they just want a functioning phone, its a smartphone with a new OS. For �600, people are expecting more than a functioning phone.

There are two possible explanations for the Selfridges price: 1) They're charging a premium for the privilege of being the first Z30 users (which, yes, some will pay for, even if only for the sake of a week or two) or 2) it's a typo.

In either case, it's not reflective of BlackBerry's pricing, which does indeed look like it will be about �350 - �380 off contract, if the Malaysian pricing is any indicator.
    Blackberry would know if there is to be a markup for exclusivity by a store and adjust the costs they supply in that case. They are in charge of their marketing strategy and failure to understand the impact of such a price markup is to me, shocking. Personally, I don't see any indications that Blackberry has changed, their advertising has not changed; still the stale, bland, almost boardroom presentation - why would they change elsewhere? Where were the differentiators? What is this device great at that other devices are not? How does it utilise the size of 5 inches? Their advert generally says with a bigger screen you can see more things. We learn something new every day. Thanks Blackberry!

Price differences in different countries as you know, are not usually carried across and tend to be priced according to their market. Waiting for the device to come down in price just delays it further until the Note 3 comes out most likely priced similarly! Customer's attention will not be held for long in this game, a month, a couple of months and new tech and a new buzz arrives and there the Z30 remains in the background maybe by then priced reasonably but all but forgotten except by the Blackberry faithful.

In short, this device should have been sold as a bargain, maybe even throw in some free Blackberry World Credit to encourage customer use of their App Store and as an incentive for app developers for some of that dough. At this stage, the name of the game is to get Blackberry's into people's hands, have them using them in public, in the workplace, on the bus or train, creating a word of mouth buzz that Samsung and Apple enjoy.

Unfortunately, the Z30 just like the Q10 and Z10 will remain perceived as overpriced and for their pricetag, sub-par devices that beyond the diehard and curious will remain gathering dust I'm sad to say..
    09-18-13 06:23 PM
    Your definition of "far better specs is crazy". This phone apparently matches or exceeds the note 2 in battery performance, and let's wait to see how it fairs in benchmarking tests.

Also, you don't know what the price is, and using the Selfridges price is disingenuous and you know it.

This phone is comparable to the Motox...are you saying that is a piece of crap outdated phone?

Posted via CB10
    The Moto X is a midrange phone with a high-end price tag.
    For me, this is the same case as it is with the Z30.
    The cost of 600$ for the MotoX is not warranted.

And no, my definition of far better specs is not weird.
    I used the Note 2 to compare it with the Z30 as the hardware is similar, but the Note 2 is way cheaper.

If we take the Note 3 or the LG G2 as examples, you have phones with far better specs, for the same price, with a better ecosystem and comparable battery life.

Again, the same goes for the MotoX. With a price tag of 600$, it's value proposition is worse.

Using the Selfridges price is absolutely no problem, because it costs that much right now.
    Even if it gets 50 pounds cheaper, it's still too expensive though.

Not only does it have better battery life, it has it with a smaller battery

Posted via CB10
    And that changes the end-result exactly how?
    For the normal smartphone buyer, how many mah a battery has, is exactly of no concern to him/her, as long as the battery life is long enough.

But good point with the smaller battery, as this proves my point, even if you weren't aware of that:
    A smaller battery costs less.
    Since BlackBerry saved some $ there, like they do with the whole spec sheet, why is the device still so expensive?

They save $ with the CPU, GPU, RAM, the Camera, the Display Resolution and the Battery Size but the phone is still as expensive as a Note 3/Sony Z1/LG G2.
    If they save so much money on the parts, and have a lacking ecosystem, as well as a horrible customer service, what exactly justifies the price of the phone, that is around 600$ and 600 pounds right now?

Posted via CB10
    Donvald and kevinnugent like this.
    09-18-13 06:28 PM
    The Moto X is a midrange phone with a high-end price tag.
    For me, this is the same case as it is with the Z30.
    The cost of 600$ for the MotoX is not warranted.

And no, my definition of far better specs is not weird.
    I used the Note 2 to compare it with the Z30 as the hardware is similar, but the Note 2 is way cheaper.

If we take the Note 3 or the LG G2 as examples, you have phones with far better specs, for the same price, with a better ecosystem and comparable battery life.

Again, the same goes for the MotoX. With a price tag of 600$, it's value proposition is worse.

Using the Selfridges price is absolutely no problem, because it costs that much right now.
    Even if it gets 50 pounds cheaper, it's still too expensive though.

And that changes the end-result exactly how?
    For the normal smartphone buyer, how many mah a battery has is exactly of no concern, as long as the battery life is long enough.

But good point with the smaller battery, as this proves my point, even if you weren't aware of that:
    A smaller battery costs less.
    Since BlackBerry saved some $ there, like they do with the whole spec sheet, why is the device still so expensive?

They save $ with the CPU, GPU, RAM, the Camera, the Display Resolution and the Battery Size but phone is still as expensive as a Note 3/Sony Z1/LG G2.
    If they save so much money on the parts, and have a lacking ecosystem, as well as a horrible customer service, what exactly justifies the price of the phone, that is around 600$ and 600 pounds right now?

Posted via CB10
    But dat 2g tho

Posted via CB10
    Donvald, LWKING and Nharzhool like this.
    09-18-13 06:29 PM
    Sure are a lot of "experts" here today . To each his own I guess but why would you spend your time telling others what is what about this phone . Does it somehow make you feel better? Do you really think we will accept you as an "expert"?

I'll make up my own mind thank you. Your "facts" about other phones and their specs will not persuade me either way.

But like I said if it makes you feel better about yourself then have fun.
    j21jam6 likes this.
    09-18-13 06:36 PM
    Looks like a beauty.
    09-18-13 06:36 PM
    Sure are a lot of "experts" here today . To each his own I guess but why would you spend your time telling others what is what about this phone . Does it somehow make you feel better? Do you really think we will accept you as an "expert"?

I'll make up my own mind thank you. Your "facts" about other phones and their specs will not persuade me either way.

But like I said if it makes you feel better about yourself then have fun.
    If I remember correctly, this is a forum, with the main theme of BlackBerry.
    This sub forum is for the Z30.

I use a Z10 as my main driver and was an early adopter coming from a Torch 9810.
    I use the 10.2 leak and will miss the Squircle, if it isn't in the official release.

So, the reason why I am here is pretty self evident:
    I have a BlackBerry, these are the CB forums, the Z30 is a BlackBerry.

But no, it definitely doesn't make me feel better, because the level of ignorance some have ( no, not you) is astonishing.

People are defending the price of the Z30 even though they are the ones being milked/ripped-off.
    BlackBerry users once made fun of "iSheeps" because of this exact same reason.
    Namely: overpaying, and being happy about it.

Times have changed...
    Today BlackBerry users are the new "iSheeps".
    What an ironical turn of events.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 06:46 PM
    We're defending micro economic principles... you can't sell low and increase price. that's why we start from high to low... 400 starting price is ridiculous considering the price of Q10 and Z10.

Posted via CB10
    dusdal likes this.
    09-18-13 06:49 PM
    100th(:

Posted via CB10
    Nharzhool likes this.
    09-18-13 06:51 PM
144 ... 23456