Fired from my Z10
    Is wireless charging on all models, I think it is carrier dependent

Posted via White Z10
    Attachment 203005
    09-18-13 05:54 AM
    LOL....this guy for real!?

Posted via CB10
    I don't know...
    Would you mind explaining me why the battery life is that impressive?

Or, why the price is good?

When reading what people write about the Z30 in these forums, I seriously have to wonder, if the fanboys aren't the ones with delusions...

Posted via CB10
    Donvald likes this.
    09-18-13 06:01 AM
    What about the gpu...

Posted via CB10
    Quadcore

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 06:05 AM
    Dispatched on the 26th of this month !!!
    Z30 is here ;)-img_00000373.png

Posted via CB10
    nalin909 and dusdal like this.
    09-18-13 06:06 AM
    Selfridges, pre order, dispatch on the 26th
    Z30 is here ;)-img_00000373.png

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 06:14 AM
    Is there wireless charging on the Z30

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 06:16 AM
    Is there wireless charging on the Z30

Posted via CB10
    Yes...

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 06:19 AM
    Does that version support North American GSM and LTE frequencies?

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 06:33 AM
    I don't know...
    Would you mind explaining me why the battery life is that impressive?

Or, why the price is good?

When reading what people write about the Z30 in these forums, I seriously have to wonder, if the fanboys aren't the ones with delusions...

Posted via CB10
    Who's the one quoting 2g talk time......im embarrassed for you now....i dont even wanna argue with you.

im going to turn and look in the opposite direction in the hopes you just kinda go away...

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 06:35 AM
    I'm very happy to hear they announced an actual ship date, not "soon". They're learning!

The battery life is impressive. And I love wireless charging.
    09-18-13 06:47 AM
    Who's the one quoting 2g talk time......im embarrassed for you now....i dont even wanna argue with you.

im going to turn and look in the opposite direction in the hopes you just kinda go away...

Posted via CB10
    Careful...I think he is following you.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 06:50 AM
    Careful...I think he is following you.

Posted via CB10
    Lmao!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 07:05 AM
    wireless charging is a nice surprise
    09-18-13 07:08 AM
    Regardless of the specs which are mostly 2012 specs aside from the GPU, Blackberry have yet again failed to create a buzz around their phone. Failed to show what differetiates it from other 5 inch devices.

Combined with the price tag, again Blackberry are too slow to learn why they are in the trouble they are. This should have been around �350 - �380 off contract, but they have set up with �600

Don't expect these to be rushing off the shelves.
    PhilipDZ likes this.
    09-18-13 07:16 AM
    I would hold off on the criticism of the Z30 pricing. The Q10 was also an exclusive in Selfridges a short while before carriers were selling it.

It sounds like they just want to squeeze cash out of the early worms - no unusual business tactics there. Customers pay an exclusive price simply to be able to say that they were one of the first.
    I believe it worked for the Q10.
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    09-18-13 07:23 AM
    Ok, I'll wait 3 months, so the price can drop 50 buck, then I get it. Rite?

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    09-18-13 07:26 AM
    I would hold off on the criticism of the Z30 pricing. The Q10 was also an exclusive in Selfridges a short while before carriers were selling it.

It sounds like they just want to squeeze cash out of the early worms - no unusual business tactics there. Customers pay an exclusive price simply to be able to say that they were one of the first.
    I believe it worked for the Q10.
    How could pricing have worked for the Q10? Its still overpriced... In my opinion, it should have been presented with a cash incentive to purchase, by pricing it below similar sized devices. Prospective buyers may be tempted if they have been unable to afford flagship devices of similar size from other manufacturers. One thing BB still has is a name, and I believe that some customers would buy the Z30 over say a S4 or GS2, or HTC one instead of having to settle with a smaller device or a little known manufacturer, if priced correctly.

Unfortunately, by the time that price reaches a more realistic level, any buzz will have died.
    greenberry666 likes this.
    09-18-13 07:33 AM
    Ok, I'll wait 3 months, so the price can drop 50 buck, then I get it. Rite?
    That's the danger of their pricing strategy. They slow down initial sales by trying to squeeze a little extra money from early adopters. That has costs:

1.) The first month sales numbers aren't as good, because many people know the price will be much, much better in a month or two. That, in turn, impacts reseller interest/enthusiasm and developer interest/enthusiasm.

2.) Early adopters do get annoyed when the phone is half the price 2 months later. They know it will happen, but it is still annoying. Annoying customers is not in BlackBerry's interest.
    Last edited by app_Developer; 09-18-13 at 08:19 AM.
    kevinnugent and Donvald like this.
    09-18-13 07:39 AM
    How could pricing have worked for the Q10? Its still overpriced... In my opinion, it should have been presented with a cash incentive to purchase, by pricing it below similar sized devices. Prospective buyers may be tempted if they have been unable to afford flagship devices of similar size from other manufacturers. One thing BB still has is a name, and I believe that some customers would buy the Z30 over say a S4 or GS2, or HTC one instead of having to settle with a smaller device or a little known manufacturer, if priced correctly.

Unfortunately, by the time that price reaches a more realistic level, any buzz will have died.
    I don't disagree with you there - I've always hoped for very competitive pricing for the new BB10 range. All I am saying is let's not base it on SR pricing but let's wait and see what the carriers price it at.

I really do hope it is competitive - no one cares if it's a flag ship device or BBRYs 'best phone yet' - they just want to see a good functioning phone with a decent price tag!
    09-18-13 07:52 AM
    The thing I think you're missing if you just talk specs is the OS. BB10 is at the early stages of it's life cycle while the others are near the end (?) of theirs. I am hopeful the OS will continue to grow and prosper. If the go private stories are true I think it will.
    09-18-13 08:08 AM
    I think I m going to change my Z10 soon.
    Has the video from the event been uploaded somewhere? If there is one at all...
    09-18-13 08:26 AM
    Not in the USA till 2014

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 08:47 AM
    Combined with the price tag, again Blackberry are too slow to learn why they are in the trouble they are. This should have been around �350 - �380 off contract, but they have set up with �600

The UK prices are inclusive of a 20% tax! Not every country has the high sales taxes that the UK does. The Z30 would be �100 cheaper without the VAT.
    09-18-13 09:11 AM
    Regardless of the specs which are mostly 2012 specs aside from the GPU, Blackberry have yet again failed to create a buzz around their phone. Failed to show what differetiates it from other 5 inch devices.

There are two possible explanations for the Selfridges price: 1) They're charging a premium for the privilege of being the first Z30 users (which, yes, some will pay for, even if only for the sake of a week or two) or 2) it's a typo.

In either case, it's not reflective of BlackBerry's pricing, which does indeed look like it will be about �350 - �380 off contract, if the Malaysian pricing is any indicator.
    Nharzhool likes this.
    09-18-13 09:41 AM
    That's the danger of their pricing strategy. They slow down initial sales by trying to squeeze a little extra money from early adopters. That has costs:

1.) The first month sales numbers aren't as good, because many people know the price will be much, much better in a month or two. That, in turn, impacts reseller interest/enthusiasm and developer interest/enthusiasm.

2.) Early adopters do get annoyed when the phone is half the price 2 months later. They know it will happen, but it is still annoying. Annoying customers is not in BlackBerry's interest.
    The Lumia 1020 was being discounted in a matter of days. Even the SGS4 was seeing major incentives by mid-June.
    09-18-13 09:42 AM
144 12345 ...