That is a HUGE Smartphone. Take that Samy.

Posted via CB10
    Haha

Posted via CB 10 on my BlackBerry Z10
    09-18-13 02:54 AM
    The Note 2 doubles that when using 2G.
    And has 16 hours on 3g.

I'm not impressed.
    http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_gala...n7100-4854.php

Posted via CB10
    This means jack squat. Just like estimated milage for a car.

Fired from my Z10
    09-18-13 02:58 AM
    Excluding the main differentiation of the Lumia line is kind of weird.
    It's one of their biggest selling points, to have the best smartphone camera.
    But yes, the Lumia also uses old specs compared to newer phones.

And with Apple moving to 64 bit, pretty much everything on the market right now is old.

The specs per se, aren't a problem though.
    The price will make or break that device.

Posted via CB10
    My point is, while the Z30 isn't cutting edge, it IS a reasonably current spec.

I'll be blunt; sure, I would have liked a stronger spec. But it's decent, and it will hopefully find enough of a market for BB to keep the lights on while BB10 gains ground. Which I think it's strong enough to do.

From the awesome PHYSICAL keyboard of my Q10
    09-18-13 02:59 AM
    The specs are cost effective.... and at the same time competitive... show what it can do and compare. Specs are meanless when you have 2 radically different OSs... and one is known to be a amazing at lag...

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 03:01 AM
    Going off recent history - they will price it out of the market. Needs to be quite cheap (compared to Competition) for people to take a chance on a fading player.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 4
    rnhld, torpesco and MarsupilamiX like this.
    09-18-13 03:05 AM
    Going off recent history - they will price it out of the market. Needs to be quite cheap (compared to Competition) for people to take a chance on a fading player.

Whatever the XT890 is... fading player lol...

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 03:06 AM
    Whatever the XT890 is... fading player lol...

Posted via CB10
    It is the model number for a RAZR i - I'm cheap so because I pay less than �150 for a phone I don't give a crap if Google closes them tomorrow - I would even buy a bb10 if it was cheap enough. Anyway... You want to raise your level of input above the playground? I don't mind insults but try to make sure they aren't dull...

MERCDROID likes this.
    09-18-13 03:10 AM
    It is the model number for a RAZR i - I'm cheap so because I pay less than �150 for a phone I don't give a crap if Google closes them tomorrow - I would even buy a bb10 if it was cheap enough. Anyway... You want to raise your level of input above the playground? I don't mind insults but try to make sure they aren't dull...

With all the recent hype from BBM crossplatform unveiling of Z30 and newly rumored O series I'm not sure how this equates to a fading player... and nobody bitches about specs for iphone and windows phones.... oh but if it's the fading player BlackBerry we got problems (rolleyes)

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 03:14 AM
    well maybe is 17 hours in 4G lol, the note 2 has a 3100 mAh battery, so i guess BB10 OS stands out here if it's 17 hours.
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    09-18-13 03:17 AM
    My point is, while the Z30 isn't cutting edge, it IS a reasonably current spec.

I'll be blunt; sure, I would have liked a stronger spec. But it's decent, and it will hopefully find enough of a market for BB to keep the lights on while BB10 gains ground. Which I think it's strong enough to do.

Wireless charging fellas...that is all

Fired from my Z10
    kmartdanickel likes this.
    09-18-13 03:18 AM
    With all the recent hype from BBM crossplatform unveiling of Z30 and newly rumored O series I'm not sure how this equates to a fading player... and nobody bitches about specs for iphone and windows phones.... oh but if it's the fading player BlackBerry we got problems (rolleyes)

Posted via CB10
    To be a player you have to shift units, Apple can shift units, blackberry can't, everything else is windows dressing.

If you are so confident that this is not the case, give me a quarterly sales number for bb10 and I will add your name to the list that is currently running...

well maybe is 17 hours in 4G lol, the note 2 has a 3100 mAh battery, so i guess BB10 OS stands out here if it's 17 hours.
    Many things come to play. Android drains more battery life, 1080p res would drain more battery life, note 2 multitasking would drain more battery life.

Posted via CB10
    To be a player you have to shift units, Apple can shift units, blackberry can't, everything else is windows dressing.

If you are so confident that this is not the case, give me a quarterly sales number for bb10 and I will add your name to the list that is currently running...

Apple and Samsung... are two different beasts... BlackBerry isn't going to be shifting units like them until they rebuild their ecosystem and reputation. You can still be a big player and shift much less units and still make millions in profits. If they are going to recover they need to head towards profits and not worry about silly units sells...

Posted via CB10
    silversun10 likes this.
    09-18-13 03:21 AM
    Excluding the main differentiation of the Lumia line is kind of weird.
    It's one of their biggest selling points, to have the best smartphone camera.
    But yes, the Lumia also uses old specs compared to newer phones.

And with Apple moving to 64 bit, pretty much everything on the market right now is old.

The specs per se, aren't a problem though.
    The price will make or break that device.

Posted via CB10
    y do people like you fall for gimmickry tricks of Apple . why the hell would a smartphone need 64-bit?
    09-18-13 03:29 AM
    y do people like you fall for gimmickry tricks of Apple . why the hell would a smartphone need 64-bit?
    It's not a gimmick it's establishing it's future. BUT. That 64 bit means nothing at present.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 03:31 AM
    So who are the 'selected' retailers this is going to released to in the UK? I can't see that in any of the PR material?
    09-18-13 04:10 AM
    So who are the 'selected' retailers this is going to released to in the UK? I can't see that in any of the PR material?
    It's already on pre-order at Selfridges

09-18-13 04:26 AM
    It's already on pre-order at Selfridges

Except it's not as the pre-order page takes you to a dead link - what a bodge.

Selfridges only sell (as far as I am aware) out of one store in London - I guess there is little or no carrier interest?
    09-18-13 04:28 AM
    It's �600 at Selfridges. That is $1,023 AUD. crazy.
    09-18-13 05:12 AM
    Preorder is always more expensive

I'm not allowed to post my pin in my signature anymore...
    09-18-13 05:13 AM

Um, where? The preorder prices at Apple are exactly the same as their retail. The only places that charge more are drop shippers and third party shysters online. Selfridges are a Carphone Warehouse outlet.
    09-18-13 05:16 AM

Because of your old signature I assume?

Off topic sorry

Posted via CB10
    h20work and Nharzhool like this.
    09-18-13 05:20 AM
    Um, where? The preorder prices at Apple are exactly the same as their retail. The only places that charge more are drop shippers and third party shysters online. Selfridges are a Carphone Warehouse outlet.
    Priced around 620$ at the launch in Malaysia.......

Posted via CB 10 on my BlackBerry Z10
    09-18-13 05:26 AM
    BB is so antique and boring wallpapers will be the same for the next decade I guess...oh my poor z10 lol...how sad am I right know...is there something new? Uhmmm *sigh*
    09-18-13 05:40 AM
    The Note 2 doubles that when using 2G.
    And has 16 hours on 3g.

I'm not impressed.
    http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_gala...n7100-4854.php

Posted via CB10
    LOL....this guy for real!?

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 05:44 AM
144 1234 ...