I'll be honest, most of you that are talking about this have no idea what the heck you're talking about so I decided to help you out!

If you check out my other posts, you'll see that I believe that the difference between the A10 performance compared to the S4 and HTC One will be either the same or better. It's BB10 vs. Android, but that's a discussion for another day. The only REAL quad core improvement is the Snapdragon 800 The A10 specs aren't as outdated as meant to believe so lets calm down a bit here. Here are some numbers to get your brains ticking. And please, can the 2 year old processor crap, there's a only a 6 month difference.

*** The phone is the video above is using a quad core version of the S4 Pro, the APQ8064. The A10 will have the MSM8690T. While the processors technically aren't the same. I don't expect there to be much of a difference from the dual core version. I'll update the post when I find a more accurate comparison.***

For the record, the "quad core" GPU on the S4 Pro and the Snapdragon 600 are the same. That means that the A10 will have the same GPU as the HTC One, Galaxy S4, and the LG Optimus G Pro. There isn't an improvement until you jump to the Snapdragon 800

With that being said, can't we all just get along?

User Experience:1
    Specs: 0

Let's have at it and finish it here! No arguments without links please. No proof, no argument
    Last edited by LWKING; 07-30-13 at 04:35 PM.
    SDTRMG, laketrout73, tryfe and 4 others like this.
    07-30-13 03:17 PM
    So, the A10 is getting the S4 pro?
    07-30-13 03:21 PM
    the processor in the A10 is most likely the MSM8960T and not the APQ8064
    07-30-13 03:25 PM
    They're working on multiple versions now, but one of them will have the S4 Pro.
    07-30-13 03:35 PM
    Wow, the OP thinks most of us don't know what we are talking about, yet goes on to suggest that the A10 will have the Snapdragon S4 Pro. I'm pretty sure no one would be complaining if that were the case. People are only complaining because the rumors has the processor as a dual core.

I can't help but think it is the OP that might not know what he is talking about, considering he is comparing two quad core processors, neither of which will be in the A10, but hey, thanks for trying to help us out!
    Donvald likes this.
    07-30-13 03:36 PM
    They're working on multiple versions now, but one of them will have the S4 Pro.
    that is still a S4 Pro

Snapdragon S4 Product Specs
    Jakob Greve and Otech#CB like this.
    07-30-13 03:39 PM
    Wow, the OP thinks most of us don't know what we are talking about, yet goes on to suggest that the A10 will have the Snapdragon S4 Pro. I'm pretty sure no one would be complaining if that were the case.

I can't help but think it is the OP that doesn't know what he is talking about, considering he is comparing two quad core processors, neither of which will be in the A10, but hey, thanks for trying to help us out!
    The S4 Pro is up to quad core. They have dual core versions. Links Saiga links!
    http://www.qualcomm.com/snapdragon/processors/s4/specs

Oh and um, don't mention it.
    07-30-13 03:39 PM
    Wow, the OP thinks most of us don't know what we are talking about, yet goes on to suggest that the A10 will have the Snapdragon S4 Pro. I'm pretty sure no one would be complaining if that were the case. People are only complaining because the rumors has the processor as a dual core.

I can't help but think it is the OP that might not know what he is talking about, considering he is comparing two quad core processors, neither of which will be in the A10, but hey, thanks for trying to help us out!
    Sooooooo many people are complaining about the 'type' of processor!!!! I've read multiple times that people have said like babies 'if it doesn't have the Snapdragon 800, I'm going to leave BlackBerry as that's disgusting!!'...

My Tech-Fleet: Q10; Z10; PlayBook; Surface Pro; Xbox 360; HP TouchPad; iPod Touch 5
    07-30-13 03:42 PM

Actually, I'm looking for any information or discussion on this that I can get so I do appreciate the OP posting.
    mk2234 likes this.
    07-30-13 03:43 PM
    You're right. I overlooked that in the title on cpu boss. I'll find another link and update it when I can.
    07-30-13 03:44 PM
    It's been talked about plenty of time
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ke-gs4-829204/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ne-a10-827769/

By the time the Astro gets released, there will be loads of phones with the Snapdragon 800, so it won't be a cutting edge device with it's 6 months old specs, but only gamers will complain. Consumers selecting this phone will do it for the screen size and improved battery life.
    07-30-13 03:45 PM
    The S4 Pro is up to quad core. They have dual core versions
    So why did you compare two quad cores in your OP?

You're not making sense. You are saying people shouldn't be complaining because the A10's specs won't be outdated, and you go on to do a comparison to prove that fact, yet neither of the CPUs you compared are the rumored CPU. See what I mean? People are complaining about something you didn't even mention in your OP. The rumored specs for the A10 doesn't include the APQ8064 processor, so why are you including it here?
    07-30-13 03:46 PM
    Neither of them
    07-30-13 03:47 PM
    Neither of them
    its in the PLUS line and not the pro?
    07-30-13 03:50 PM
    So why did you compare two quad cores in your OP?

You're not making sense. You are saying people shouldn't be complaining because the A10's specs won't be outdated, and you go on to do a comparison to prove that fact, yet neither of the CPUs you compared are the rumored CPU. See what I mean? People are complaining about something you didn't even mention in your OP. The rumored specs for the A10 doesn't include the APQ8064 processor, so why are you including it here?
    That was an accident. I compared the quad core version of the same processor. It's supposed to be the MSM8960T. I don't expect it to change much, but I'll update the link when I can.

Neither of them
    They are testing with the MSM8960T are they not?
    07-30-13 03:50 PM
    CPU, no complaints, we complain about the ****ty screen resolution, which is a joke btw for a 5 inch screen
    07-30-13 03:51 PM
    its in the PLUS line and not the pro?
    No, I believe it's in the Pro category, but with an updated core (Krait 300), just like the Moto X.
    EDIT: Pro, not Prime, since it comes with a radio. It will be a MSM model.
    EDIT2: But it's getting really complicated to understand chipsets families with the way Qualcomm names their SoCs... I understand that the chip will be part of the "8064 V2 Prime" family. Last year, Prime was for set-top boxes...
    grover5 likes this.
    07-30-13 03:51 PM
    No, I believe it's in the Prime category, but with an updated core (Krait 300), just like the Moto X.
    yeah i see your updated post in the other thread. I agree that is probably what they chose. The slide from back in May is probably not finalized
    07-30-13 03:53 PM
    That was an accident. I compared the quad core version of the same processor. It's supposed to be the MSM8960T. I don't expect it to change much, but I'll update the link when I can.
    So compare the right CPUs and then tell everyone that the rumored specs aren't outdated.

By the way, my Nexus 4 does have the APQ8064. It is very nice, I'm completely satisfied with how it performs, but it first hit the market almost a year ago. I believe it was in August of 2012. How could the rumored A10's processor not be considered outdated if it doesn't even come close to matching the almost 1 year old APQ8064?
    advcomputer likes this.
    07-30-13 03:57 PM
    Ok guys be real here for a second. We know the stuff that drives the screen is the GPU. The CPU job is more of a calculation, managing etc. So smooth experience got to do more with the GPU and RAM. So if the A10 got loads of ram, good enough CPU and a kick *** GPU that's on the top of the line android phone at the moment combine with a tailored os for the hardware, performance will be great.
    And frankly, I find the spec race over at android is stupid. We're approaching the point were us human can't tell two top of the line phone which one is better. Its mostly if not all gimmick. And would you guys buy an android phone if you know in a few short week some other phone maker will come out with something bigger and better ? Will that's be good business ? No. End of rant
    mk2234 and SDTRMG like this.
    07-30-13 03:58 PM
    I don't think BB's core focus should be the "I do all my gaming and watch all my viusals on a 4-6" display segment"

Just saying
    07-30-13 04:00 PM
    It's been talked about plenty of time
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ke-gs4-829204/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ne-a10-827769/

By the time the Astro gets released, there will be loads of phones with the Snapdragon 800, so it won't be a cutting edge device with it's 6 months old specs, but only gamers will complain. Consumers selecting this phone will do it for the screen size and improved battery life.
    I'm not sure about loads of phones with the 800 by the time it's released because we don't know that just yet. I am aware that it's been talked about. It's just that there are many people out there that don't know the difference, hence the point of this thread.
    07-30-13 04:01 PM
    So compare the right CPUs and then tell everyone that the rumored specs aren't outdated.

By the way, my Nexus 4 does have the APQ8064. It is very nice, I'm completely satisfied with how it performs, but it first hit the market almost a year ago. I believe it was in August of 2012. How could the rumored A10's processor not be considered outdated if it doesn't even come close to matching the almost 1 year old APQ8064?
    **fixed, I'll find a better comparison later
    The video is still the APQ8064, I'll keep looking haha

And because I'm not comparing phone release dates, but processor release dates.
    Last edited by LWKING; 07-30-13 at 04:15 PM.
    07-30-13 04:03 PM
    I'm not sure about loads of phones with the 800 by the time it's released because we don't know that just yet. I am aware that it's been talked about. It's just that there are many people out there that don't know the difference, hence the point of this thread.
    Let's see...
    Kindle Fire 2013
    Sony Honami
    Galaxy Note 3
    Galaxy S4 Advanced
    LG G2
    Sony Z Ultra
    Lenovo X910
    Droid Ultra
    HTC One Max
    Asus Padfone A86
    Oppo Find 7
    Probably a Huawei model as well...

That will be the Astro's competition this Fall/Winter.
    bekkay likes this.
    07-30-13 04:11 PM
    Let's see...
    Kindle Fire 2013
    Sony Honami
    Galaxy Note 3
    Galaxy S4 Advanced
    LG G2
    Sony Z Ultra
    Lenovo X910
    Droid Ultra
    HTC One Max
    Asus Padfone A86
    Oppo Find 7
    Probably a Huawei model as well...

That will be the Astro's competition this Fall/Winter.
    Oh look droids.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    sirfly2fly and SDTRMG like this.
    07-30-13 04:23 PM
69 123