My nav-mode on the GPS stopped working a few weeks ago and I have not been able to revive it.

On navigation from address book to a contact destination, it picks my location and loads the best route with traffic data but as soon as I press Start, it goes into a satellite search mode & returns with No GPS and message to reposition to a spot with clear sky view.

I have rebooted numerous times and security wiped the phone twice to no avail. I also changed to a new sim card too and still not working. I know it's probably not the GPS because it captures my location, it's just isn't entering the navigation mode. Something seems to be blocking it.

Has anyone gone through this problem and found a good solution?

Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-19 03:53 PM
    Got this text message in October 2019
    Global Positioning System (GPS)
    Week Number Rollover
    Starting on November 3, 2019, mobile devices manufactured between 2006 – 2016 may have their GPS accuracy impacted due to Global Positioning Service (GPS) Rollover. For additional details see: Department Homeland Security (DHS)

GPS accuracy may impact the performance of navigation applications used on these devices. See list of impacted devices below.
    Apple iOS device users should ensure they are on the latest software version to avoid performance degradation and minimize navigation impacts.

For additional information please click on the links below:
    APPLE | SAMSUNG | GOOGLE | Other Devices

Please consider upgrading to a newer device by logging in to My Verizon, or visit the Verizon Community where you can post your question to find answers.

Business and Government customers can upgrade to a newer device by logging in to My Business or by contacting your Verizon Account Representative.
    iOS customers may be able to update their software by checking with the manufacturer.
    11-12-19 08:05 PM
    Device OEM Device Model
    Apple iPhone 5
    Apple iPhone 4S
    Apple iPad Retina
    Apple iPad Mini
    Apple iPad 2
    Apple iPad 3
    Asus Nexus 7
    Blackberry BlackBerry Classic
    Blackberry BlackBerry Q10
    Blackberry BlackBerry Z10
    Blackberry BlackBerry Z30
    11-12-19 08:07 PM
    Sigh......another nail....
    11-12-19 09:04 PM
    Hey @TrumpetTiger - Where does this fall in the BB10 importance spectrum?
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-12-19 09:18 PM
    Got this text message in October 2019
    Global Positioning System (GPS)
    Week Number Rollover
    Starting on November 3, 2019, mobile devices manufactured between 2006 – 2016 may have their GPS accuracy impacted due to Global Positioning Service (GPS) Rollover. For additional details see: Department Homeland Security (DHS)
    Thanks. Looking back, my problem did started right on 11/04 as I was headed for an appmt. This is too bad.

I hope the development team will issue a patch, this affects a lot of machines in the ever shrinking blackberry ecosystem.

I can't imagine that to be a big task re-adjusting week numbers.

Appreciate your post.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-19 10:38 PM
    Thanks. Looking back, my problem did started right on 11/04 as I was headed for an appmt. This is too bad.

I hope the development team will issue a patch, this affects a lot of machines in the ever shrinking blackberry ecosystem.

I can't imagine that to be a big task re-adjusting week numbers.

Appreciate your post.

Posted via CB10
    What development team and where? BB10 is barely maintenance status at this point.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    11-12-19 10:44 PM
    Hopefully there is some way to get around this.
    The same way that's been staring BB10 in the face for the past several years.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-13-19 07:22 AM
    My nav-mode on the GPS stopped working a few weeks ago and I have not been able to revive it.

On navigation from address book to a contact destination, it picks my location and loads the best route with traffic data but as soon as I press Start, it goes into a satellite search mode & returns with No GPS and message to reposition to a spot with clear sky view.

I have rebooted numerous times and security wiped the phone twice to no avail. I also changed to a new sim card too and still not working. I know it's probably not the GPS because it captures my location, it's just isn't entering the navigation mode. Something seems to be blocking it.

Has anyone gone through this problem and found a good solution?

Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    Just to be clear what version of BB10 are you running?
    11-13-19 08:39 AM
    Just to be clear what version of BB10 are you running?
    I'm 100-3 on 2129.

Looking and hoping for an immediate update for this GPS fix. I think this nukes the entire generation of devices; I've not tested each one yet but I'm guessing all of the Curve, Bold, Z10 series are now useless. No one would want anything without functional GPS.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-19 09:44 AM
    I'm 100-3 on 2129.

Looking and hoping for an immediate update for this GPS fix. I think this nukes the entire generation of devices; I've not tested each one yet but I'm guessing all of the Curve, Bold, Z10 series are now useless. No one would want anything without functional GPS.

Posted via CB10
    I don't know... last April was when the scheduled Rollover took place, with some adjustment on Nov 3. It's only Verizon Wireless that seems to be worried about pre 2016 devices. It's been a week and I don't see a bunch of people complaining about GPS here... not that I think there are many BB10 users or of those many that use the GPS much. Need to see if others have the same issue...

Can wait and see if @TrumpetTiger or someone has a fix. Or try a clean install with the latest Autoloader....
    11-13-19 10:20 AM
    I don't know... last April was when the scheduled Rollover took place, with some adjustment on Nov 3. It's only Verizon Wireless that seems to be worried about pre 2016 devices. It's been a week .....

Can wait and see if @TrumpetTiger or someone has a fix. Or try a clean install with the latest Autoloader....
    What version was released in April and those "adjustments on Nov 3", were those released then or around Nov 3?

Posted via CB10
    11-13-19 10:32 AM
    What version was released in April and those "adjustments on Nov 3", were those released then or around Nov 3?

Posted via CB10
    Update for BB10 ending back in 2018... I wouldn't expect any additional patches.

I just don't see others with the same issue right now, so for now I would say it's your device - hardware, software or settings. Clean install of the latest OS will help rule out some things.

Hopefully we will get comments from others still using BB10.... "theirs is working fine" or "hey mine isn't working right either".
    11-13-19 10:46 AM
    Just tried out my spare Z10 and GPS is working fine on Maps.

Z10 is running on 10.3.3.3216 and test was done on wi-fi only without a sim card so maybe not relevant to this thread??
    11-13-19 11:06 AM
    Just tried out my spare Z10 and GPS is working fine on Maps.
    I don't seem to see an issue either.
    11-13-19 11:09 AM
    Update for BB10 ending back in 2018... I wouldn't expect any additional patches.

I just don't see others with the same issue right now, so for now I would say it's your device - hardware, software or settings....

Hopefully we will get comments from others still using BB10.... "theirs is working fine" or "hey mine isn't working right either".
    Frankly, when I searched for guidance on the forum I was surprised that there no posting of this issue. Maybe it is till early, I'll be monitoring this thread with keen interest.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-19 11:12 AM
    Yeah my WiFi only Z10 on 10.3.3.3216 is working fine as well... got direction to several location (didn't actually go to them).

And it does show much location pretty close.
    11-13-19 11:46 AM
    Frankly, when I searched for guidance on the forum I was surprised that there no posting of this issue. Maybe it is till early, I'll be monitoring this thread with keen interest.

Posted via CB10
    Also seemingly having no issues here. Are you using the native maps app?
    Maybe try using a different app?

Posted via CB10
    11-13-19 11:52 AM
    Also seemingly having no issues here. Are you using the native maps app?
    Maybe try using a different app?

Posted via CB10
    I also thought it might be my device-specifc, not sure yet, but the fact you and the other member whose WiFi only Z10 works sort of validate the idea.

Yes, native map.

It is very disruptive to work flow and safety. I have to figure a solution somehow.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-19 12:17 PM
    I don't know... last April was when the scheduled Rollover took place, with some adjustment on Nov 3. It's only Verizon Wireless that seems to be worried about pre 2016 devices. It's been a week and I don't see a bunch of people complaining about GPS here... not that I think there are many BB10 users or of those many that use the GPS much. Need to see if others have the same issue...

So much for the millions of BB10 users or perhaps they already lack direction and have compensated with different solutions. Dual carry GPS units for instance?
    11-13-19 12:24 PM
    I also thought it might be my device-specifc, not sure yet, but the fact you and the other member whose WiFi only Z10 works sort of validate the idea.

Yes, native map.

It is very disruptive to work flow and safety. I have to figure a solution somehow.

Posted via CB10
    Dual carry a Garmin in your pocket...
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    11-13-19 12:25 PM

Yes, native map.

Posted via CB10
    The device I used to test was my current Z30, SIM inserted.
    Anyway, I like Dunts suggestion to run an autoloader, as that'll rule out the software perspective.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-19 12:31 PM
    Dual carry a Garmin in your pocket...
    Yes, I own a Garmin device and it works well. However, I find the BB navigation logic superior, it's a better map device. Period. Not only does it steer me around traffic jams, the routing is more direct and it calls the exits accurately, by street name on the exit signs; IOS and Android logic sometimes identify exits by number, which isn't always painted in the exit signs. This is a problem at freeway speeds on forked exits.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-19 12:33 PM
    Yes, I own a Garmin device and it works well. However, I find the BB navigation logic superior, it's a better map device. Period. Not only does it steer me around traffic jams, the routing is more direct and it calls the exits accurately, by street name on the exit signs; IOS and Android logic sometimes identify exits by number, which isn't always painted in the exit signs. This is a problem at freeway speeds on forked exits.

Posted via CB10
    My Garmin in your pocket was a bit tongue in cheek at the old dual carry days. In contrast, Apple Maps, Google Maps and Waze are pretty good and up to date for me. Others have posted similar here as well. Good luck on new solutions. Hopefully @TrumpetTiger or someone else knows something. I believe TT is on VZW as well.
    11-13-19 12:44 PM
    Z30 - GPS Not Navigating!-img_20191113_185553.pngZ30 - GPS Not Navigating!-img_20191113_185420.pngZ30 - GPS Not Navigating!-img_20191113_185442.pngClosed my mobile network and tried BlackBerry maps with home WIFI. Map displayed point A to point B but could not load directions. I use BlackBerry maps a lot for daily commutes and travel. On November 3rd as Verizon text message forewarned, BlackBerry maps was no longer functioning for me
    11-13-19 06:12 PM
82 123 ...