Location, turn by turn all working fine in the UK on Z30.
    11-19-19 12:25 AM
    Same. VZW Z30. Can't start turn by turn.

Wishing BlackBerry would release a final update for this OS as they said they would in the past.

Posted via CBX
    12-14-19 03:53 AM
    Same. VZW Z30. Can't start turn by turn.

Wishing BlackBerry would release a final update for this OS as they said they would in the past.

Posted via CBX
    This one unfortunately is carrier-linked Kamika. I'd say complain to Verizon, but they're likely to ignore you. What you can do is use the listed directions feature. It's not vocal but gives the same general directions. Alternatively any BB10 device will work on wireless, so if you have a hotspot in the car that should work.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-19 04:41 PM
    This one unfortunately is carrier-linked Kamika. I'd say complain to Verizon, but they're likely to ignore you. What you can do is use the listed directions feature. It's not vocal but gives the same general directions. Alternatively any BB10 device will work on wireless, so if you have a hotspot in the car that should work.

Posted via CB10
    Isn't it firmware-related since upgrading the iPhone firmware/OS resolves it?
    12-22-19 06:02 PM
    Isn't it firmware-related since upgrading the iPhone firmware/OS resolves it?
    The overall issue is GPS firmware-related yes. However, BB10 already has the necessary GPS firmware installed, as the fact that turn-by-turn works via wireless or with carriers other than Verizon demonstrates. Since the issue only occurs with Verizon cell service, this indicates a Verizon issue. This is logical since GPS signal through cellular radios relies on the carriers to reach your phone since they own the spectrum.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-19 06:17 PM
    The overall issue is GPS firmware-related yes. However, BB10 already has the necessary GPS firmware installed, as the fact that turn-by-turn works via wireless or with carriers other than Verizon demonstrates. Since the issue only occurs with Verizon cell service, this indicates a Verizon issue. This is logical since GPS signal through cellular radios relies on the carriers to reach your phone since they own the spectrum.

Posted via CB10
    It's actually firmware. Verizon is the only one that has apparently switched to the new system. Eventually all others will catch up.
    Last edited by conite; 12-22-19 at 09:39 PM.
    12-22-19 08:42 PM
    It's a actually firmware. Verizon is the only one that has apparently switched to the new system. Eventually all others will catch up.
    You are welcome to your point of view. In lieu of any actual evidence however, I find it difficult to believe that Verizon is the only carrier worldwide to switch to a new system in the past two months when the changeover date has been known for years.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-19 08:45 PM
    Thanks TrumpetTiger. I believe that it's is only a matter of time for others to follow suit.

I recently had to have my car's GPS firmware updated in order to address this change/update as well.
    Last edited by Kamika007z; 12-23-19 at 06:27 AM.
    12-22-19 11:16 PM
    Thanks TrumpetTiger. I believe that it's is only a matter of time for other to follow suit.

I recently had to have my car's GPS firmware updated in order to address this change/update as well.
    An indicator of the problem is translating the wrong date from the GPS signal.

My Z30 on Telus is reporting a May 8, 2000 date.

You can download GPS Test (by Chartcross) from Play Store.
    12-22-19 11:25 PM
    Thanks TrumpetTiger. I believe that it's is only a matter of time for other to follow suit.

Entirely up to you Kamika. To be clear, I agree that this is inherently a firmware issue; the evidence to me just suggests that the firmware has already been updated with recent (10.3) versions of BB10. The issue in this case would be Verizon actively blocking the use of older (but still compatible) phones, as they have already been known to do as it relates to BB10.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-19 11:27 PM

That is an interesting situation. I'd be curious to see what others on non-Verizon carriers cite, with other apps that theoretically report the GPS signal.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-19 11:29 PM

How do I check on mine? I downloaded the app but not sure where to look. Is it a locked feature?
    12-23-19 06:27 AM
    Entirely up to you Kamika. To be clear, I agree that this is inherently a firmware issue; the evidence to me just suggests that the firmware has already been updated with recent (10.3) versions of BB10. The issue in this case would be Verizon actively blocking the use of older (but still compatible) phones, as they have already been known to do as it relates to BB10.

Posted via CB10
    I hear you and know/have seen what Big Red does, so I don't disagree with your logic.
    12-23-19 06:29 AM
    How do I check on mine? I downloaded the app but not sure where to look. Is it a locked feature?
    Click on the date tab at the bottom right.
    12-23-19 07:16 AM
    Click on the date tab at the bottom right.
    Ah, thanks conite. It was throwing me off because with the exception of UTC and Local dates both being set to 1-00-00, everything else is set to 0.
    12-23-19 08:12 AM
    Ah, thanks conite. It was throwing me off because with the exception of UTC and Local dates both being set to 1-00-00, everything else is set to 0.
    If working properly, this is what you'd see:
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-23-19 08:20 AM
    If working properly, this is what you'd see:[IMG=540x810]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191223/ec0b9eac843a1942bd104faee1f878ef.jpg[/url]
    Definitely not seeing that.

Thanks c
    12-23-19 08:50 AM
    Hmm...this would suggest that this app does not work well for BB10 as your dates should show something else, even if the GPS issue is persisting over Verizon. Interesting.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-19 09:54 AM
    Hmm...this would suggest that this app does not work well for BB10 as your dates should show something else, even if the GPS issue is persisting over Verizon. Interesting.

Posted via CB10
    It works fine on BB10. The date issue is a known result of the GPS change.
    12-23-19 10:07 AM
    It works fine on BB10. The date issue is a known result of the GPS change.
    You are welcome to your perspective. Data says that, while date issues in general are related to the GPS change, phones should show something other than what Kamika is seeing.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-19 10:11 AM
    You are welcome to your perspective. Data says that, while date issues in general are related to the GPS change, phones should show something other than what Kamika is seeing.

Posted via CB10
    He didn't wait for sync (text turns blue).

When it happens, this is what you get on BB10 (and other devices suffering from the issue):
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-23-19 10:12 AM
    He didn't wait for sync (text turns blue).

When it happens, this is what you get on BB10:
    [IMG=360x640]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191223/5b05013ffc95cdadb9c41da787985b5e.jpg[/url]
    As mentioned, I'll be interested to see what happens with other apps that claim to provide this functionality--including native ones, if any exist.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-19 10:14 AM
    As mentioned, I'll be interested to see what happens with other apps that claim to provide this functionality--including native ones, if any exist.

Posted via CB10
    The app doesn't claim any particular functionality other than simply reading the GPS data stream.

Try it yourself:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/chartc...-apk-download/
    12-23-19 11:42 AM

Posted via CB10
    Here you go.

More info on the subject:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GPS_...umber_Rollover

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=Rb1kaxla

https://rntfnd.org/2019/10/16/lookou...ones-and-pads/

A native app:

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ode=US&lang=en

Z30 - GPS Not Navigating!-barcode.png

And its results on a Verizon Z10.

Z30 - GPS Not Navigating!-img_20191223_160021.png
    Z30 - GPS Not Navigating!-img_20191223_160031.png
    Last edited by Thud Hardsmack; 12-23-19 at 04:30 PM.
    conite likes this.
    12-23-19 04:07 PM
    Note the GPS week in my prior post - it's still counting up past 1023, and there's the problem.
    conite likes this.
    12-23-19 04:11 PM
82 1234