[screenshots]
    Closed my mobile network and tried BlackBerry maps with home WIFI. Map displayed point A to point B but could not load directions. I use BlackBerry maps a lot for daily commutes and travel. On November 3rd as Verizon text message forewarned, BlackBerry maps was no longer functioning for me
    Are you able to use any other map apps though?

Posted via CB10
    11-13-19 06:39 PM
    Hey @TrumpetTiger - Where does this fall in the BB10 importance spectrum?
    Pretty damn important, but as my GPS is working normally I don't think this is a full BB10 problem.
    11-13-19 09:27 PM
    Yes, I own a Garmin device and it works well. However, I find the BB navigation logic superior, it's a better map device. Period. Not only does it steer me around traffic jams, the routing is more direct and it calls the exits accurately, by street name on the exit signs; IOS and Android logic sometimes identify exits by number, which isn't always painted in the exit signs. This is a problem at freeway speeds on forked exits.

Posted via CB10
    Hey Blackberry USA,

I'm actually able to use GPS with no trouble on my Z30 and Z10. Are you experiencing the same errors posted by Aggre later on? Let us know and we'll get it worked out...well, some of us will anyway.
    11-13-19 09:30 PM
    For reference, this is the info from the Verizon site:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/legal...ioning-system/
    11-13-19 09:32 PM
    I don't know... last April was when the scheduled Rollover took place, with some adjustment on Nov 3. It's only Verizon Wireless that seems to be worried about pre 2016 devices. It's been a week and I don't see a bunch of people complaining about GPS here... not that I think there are many BB10 users or of those many that use the GPS much. Need to see if others have the same issue...

Can wait and see if @TrumpetTiger or someone has a fix. Or try a clean install with the latest Autoloader....
    Just wanted to say thanks for the ping DDD....took a little bit today but I'm on it and I'm pretty sure we can get this resolved for whatever's affecting Blackberry USA (the user for those who see this thread....I'm A Blackberry user in the USA and have no trouble.)
    11-13-19 09:33 PM
    For reference, this is the info from the Verizon site:

verizonwireless.com/legal/notices/global-positioning-system/
    Verizon does indeed have an incentive to cause people to get new devices, but in this case I suspect they just grabbed every device made in the time period and listed it. Since my VZW BB Z30 is having no trouble, the issue is clearly not affecting all devices. (I think I saw a response from you earlier admitting this on your own device as well.)
    11-13-19 09:35 PM
    My Garmin in your pocket was a bit tongue in cheek at the old dual carry days. In contrast, Apple Maps, Google Maps and Waze are pretty good and up to date for me. Others have posted similar here as well. Good luck on new solutions. Hopefully @TrumpetTiger or someone else knows something. I believe TT is on VZW as well.
    Thanks for the shout out Chuck. As has been mentioned, this is not an issue that affects my VZW Z30, so we may need a minor OS upgrade or autoloader. But we'll get BlackBerry USA sorted.
    11-13-19 09:36 PM
    Attachment 446709Attachment 446710Attachment 446711Closed my mobile network and tried BlackBerry maps with home WIFI. Map displayed point A to point B but could not load directions. I use BlackBerry maps a lot for daily commutes and travel. On November 3rd as Verizon text message forewarned, BlackBerry maps was no longer functioning for me
    Ahhh, so the maps themselves are working it's just turn-by-turn that aren't eh? Okay, that may be a different story. Working down the thread....I'll test this and see what I come up with AggreX. We'll get something figured out.
    11-13-19 09:39 PM
    Ahhh, so the maps themselves are working it's just turn-by-turn that aren't eh? Okay, that may be a different story. Working down the thread....I'll test this and see what I come up with AggreX. We'll get something figured out.
    Yes, again, the GPS works, to the extent that it locates me and plots the routing to my destination, just that when I press Start to navigate, it falls into that 1013-error reporting no GPS visible. This started on 11/3rd.

I'm glad to hear this isn't systemic in that not all z30's are affected, I'm envious of those members who aren't. I'm rather baffled as I assume most of us, including those Z30's that aren't affected, are on the same release, the 10.3.3.2129.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-19 10:11 PM
    Hey Blackberry USA,

I'm actually able to use GPS with no trouble on my Z30 and Z10. Are you experiencing the same errors posted by Aggre later on? Let us know and we'll get it worked out...well, some of us will anyway.
    Thank you.

Yes, I get that 1013-error after the destination routing is plotted and when I press Start.

Are you on the 2129 release on both?

Posted via CB10
    11-13-19 10:21 PM
    Thank you.

Yes, I get that 1013-error after the destination routing is plotted and when I press Start.

Posted via CB10
    Hey BlackBerry USA,

I'm actually on 10.3.3.3216, which would be the OS I'd recommend for all as it's the most up-to-date release.

I spoke a little too soon earlier in the thread as while GPS is not affected and routing still works, turn-by-turn navigation does appear to have issues on multiple BB10 devices as well. It sounds like you may need the actual voice-based turn-by-turn, but if you just need the route you can always hit "List" at the bottom of Blackberry Maps and it will show you all the individual steps needed to get to your destination. That is still working normally in my tests.

For voice-based turn-by-turn directions, I'd suggest downloading Maps.Me from Blackberry World. It's not native and requires one to download maps, but once they are downloaded (by state or province) you are good to go and can navigate offline as well as online. Turn-by-turn directions are working well for this app in my tests, but let me know if you have any trouble and we'll find you another alternative.

I will be reaching out to Blackberry Limited on the turn-by-turn issue, as given that GPS in general is functioning I suspect an update to Blackberry Maps will address this problem. I'll keep you posted, and possibly this thread assuming it remains open.

Hang in there and keep the faith!
    11-13-19 10:33 PM
    Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not on Verizon, but my Z30 does not get this error. I'm on OS 10.3.3.3216 (SR 2137).

This is the most recent autoloader:

https://mega.nz/#!tVgyjDYS!ojnru-l0A...CIkAU1dIybpHK0
    11-13-19 10:37 PM
    Hey BlackBerry USA,

I'm actually on 10.3.3.3216...

I spoke a little too soon earlier in the thread as while GPS is not affected and routing still works, turn-by-turn navigation does appear to have issues on multiple BB10 devices as well. It sounds like you may need the actual voice-based turn-by-turn...

I will be reaching out to Blackberry Limited on the turn-by-turn issue, as given that GPS in general is functioning I suspect an update to Blackberry Maps will address this problem. I'll keep you posted, and possibly this thread assuming it remains open.

Hang in there and keep the faith!
    Please relay to BB that the voice component is critical for safety because looking down at the device for the list at freeway speeds is hazardous.

I only have native apps, I guess I can download that app you mentioned just for Map use.

I'm in the US on Verizon and 2129 is the latest, I'll look into the Autoloader solution I hope that will resolve this issue.

Appreciate everyone's time.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-19 10:44 PM
    I'm not on Verizon, but my Z30 does not get this error. I'm on OS 10.3.3.3216 (SR 2137).

This is the most recent autoloader:

https://mega.nz/#!tVgyjDYS!ojnru-l0A...CIkAU1dIybpHK0
    For clarification conite, are you saying you do not experience that error specifically on turn-by-turn voice directions? I've tested it on multiple devices, both VZW and not, with the same result, so trying to lock down differences if any.

Also, I'm not sure the OP stated the specific device used, just 100-1, but for anyone on a Z30 who wants to try an autoloader, this one will prevent you from having to also use 7-Zip to extract it:

https://mega.nz/#!s9hGBACZ!rI_BxhXIL...eeBqF5DyH8cb6U

The autoloader WILL wipe your device, so make sure you have solid backups before you run it.
    11-13-19 10:44 PM
    For clarification conite, are you saying you do not experience that error specifically on turn-by-turn voice directions? I've tested it on multiple devices, both VZW and not, with the same result, so trying to lock down differences if any.

Also, I'm not sure the OP stated the specific device used, just 100-1, but for anyone on a Z30 who wants to try an autoloader, this one will prevent you from having to also use 7-Zip to extract it:

https://mega.nz/#!s9hGBACZ!rI_BxhXIL...eeBqF5DyH8cb6U

The autoloader WILL wipe your device, so make sure you have solid backups before you run it.
    No issue with GPS or turn-by-turn. Z30 on Telus.

I can input the address by voice as well.
    11-13-19 10:46 PM
    Please relay to BB that the voice component is critical for safety because looking down at the device for the list at freeway speeds is hazardous.

I only have native apps, I guess I can download that app you mentioned just for Map use.

I'm in the US on Verizon and 2129 is the latest, I'll look into the Autoloader solution I hope that will resolve this issue.

Appreciate everyone's time.

Posted via CB10
    Actually, 3216 is indeed the latest and greatest BB10 OS, as unfortunately not all carriers release all versions. Please rest assured however, that 3216 is definitely safe and fast and otherwise runs very smooth on Verizon devices.

Let me know if you need any help with backing up your data prior to running the autoloader. We'll keep trying for solutions on this end as well.

The app I mentioned, while an Android port, is in Blackberry World and so is confirmed to run smoothly on BB10 devices. I fully agree only using native apps is the best way to go; just thought this might help get you through for the time being.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.
    11-13-19 10:47 PM
    Correct. No issue with GPS or turn-by-turn. Z30 on Telus.
    Hmmm....that would suggest that this is either carrier-specific or otherwise not a widespread issue. I'll have to do additional tests and may reload a device myself.

Telus being a Canadian carrier, any U.S.-based users having no trouble with turn-by-turn voice directions on their BB10 devices?
    11-13-19 10:48 PM

I spoke a little too soon earlier in the thread as while GPS is not affected and routing still works, turn-by-turn navigation does appear to have issues on multiple BB10 devices as well. It sounds like you may need the actual voice-based turn-by-turn, but if you just need the route you can always hit "List" at the bottom of Blackberry Maps and it will show you all the individual steps needed to get to your destination. That is still working normally in my tests.
    Tonight I tried BB maps again but hit the "LIST" on BB maps then all the individual steps are provided and only the voice-based turn-by-turn is missing. This is better news but the program intermittently froze the phone for a bit if I tried to go back+forth between "LIST" and start arrow. I'm sort of happy the GPS sort of works. Running CLASSIC and Z30 with latest BB10 updates. Thanks everybody...keeping the faith!
    11-13-19 11:21 PM
    I just activated my "Out of the box" Z30 3 days ago. Maps app gives (1013) error. I have adjusted every setting that I can find. The route is plotted but fails when it is started.

Clues for the software folks at BB. My location is off by roughly 1/3 mile when not on WIfi. When on WIfi the location is right on target.
    11-16-19 08:25 AM
    I just activated my "Out of the box" Z30 3 days ago. Maps app gives (1013) error. I have adjusted every setting that I can find. The route is plotted but fails when it is started.

Clues for the software folks at BB. My location is off by roughly 1/3 mile when not on WIfi. When on WIfi the location is right on target.
    Which country and carrier if I may ask?

Posted via CB10
    11-16-19 09:21 AM
    Verizon. USA.
    OS...2129. Latest USA.
    11-16-19 09:30 AM
    Hmmm....that would suggest that this is either carrier-specific or otherwise not a widespread issue. I'll have to do additional tests and may reload a device myself.

Telus being a Canadian carrier, any U.S.-based users having no trouble with turn-by-turn voice directions on their BB10 devices?
    Quick update.

I bought a "new" (refurbished) Z30, it's another 100-3 but on 10.2.1.2991, same thing, the GPS plots the routing to destination in List, just It won't navigate by voice.

I'm on Verizon in the US, 100-3, and 2129.

I intend to try your suggestion about auto loading the latest-latest onto this new device.

This may indeed be a carrier issue. Not sure how I could resolve that now.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-19 08:27 PM
    Verizon. USA.
    OS...2129. Latest USA.
    Ah, Verizon again. Seems as if it may indeed be tied to this carrier.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-19 08:41 PM
    Just forked a new thread for the 3216 OS download if anyone can take a look and help out.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    11-16-19 09:14 PM
    Z10 and Z30 native Maps and just downloaded Maps.me both have the same Error in location on 4GLte. When on WIFI the location is perfect in both apps. Google maps also has wrong location.

Verizon. USA.
    OS...2129. Latest USA
    11-18-19 08:52 AM
82 1234