Hi
    First time poster. Just wanted to first say this site is fantastic and a great source of information. I have gmail set up on my Z30 I get notifications of email coming in on gmail, but it doesn't come into the HUB even though in HUB management I have it included to show in the HUB. I have to actually go into the HUB and choose the email account to see the emails from gmail. I still get the emails, just not coming into the HUB. I don't know if anybody else has run into this issue. I would appreciate any advice. Running software release 10.2.0.429.
    Thanks
    Phil
    01-03-14 09:34 AM
    Try deleting and readding the account? I know it's a PITA but it may work.
    01-03-14 09:44 AM
    Try deleting and readding the account? I know it's a PITA but it may work.
    Okay now it won't work at all. When adding account says it can't add and try again later. I remember doing this in the beginning and was never able to get it to work. Then I was installing app that required to log into gmail account and it started to work, but only for a day. Looks like I'm back to square one. Any suggestions on now how to get gmail to work on Blackberry Z30? I have tried all the suggestions and imap and still get the "try again later" and it only adds contacts and calendar but not email. Seeing as I now have a different problem. If one of the mods could delete this thread so I can start a new one.

Thanks
    Phil
    Last edited by plouie10; 01-03-14 at 04:09 PM.
    01-03-14 11:38 AM
    I used to be able to see Gmail folders / categories directly in my hub from day 1 when I purchased my z10 a year. This not longer works after the recent update to 10.2.1. I have to open each folder separately to see the emails. On the lock screen I can see all the unread emails including the ones but I can't see them from the hub. I tried deleting the account twice and nothing has changed. Any other ideas how to fix this? I am even considering downgrading the OS and going back to a previous backup.
    02-03-14 06:51 PM
    Okay now it won't work at all. When adding account says it can't add and try again later. I remember doing this in the beginning and was never able to get it to work. Then I was installing app that required to log into gmail account and it started to work, but only for a day. Looks like I'm back to square one. Any suggestions on now how to get gmail to work on Blackberry Z30? I have tried all the suggestions and imap and still get the "try again later" and it only adds contacts and calendar but not email. Seeing as I now have a different problem. If one of the mods could delete this thread so I can start a new one.

Thanks
    Phil
    Do you use two-step verification with your Gmail account? If so, you will need an application-specific password. https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en
    The directions do not specifically mention BlackBerry but work the same. I copy the ASP from the password generator and paste it to where you would normally put your email password in the account setup.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 08:07 PM