I recently wrote about my experience with the BlackBerry z30 here on T Mobile USA. Well, I sold my first z30 to a friend about a week ago who just had to have it after he test drove mine for a day.

After selling the z30 for a z10 and cash I just couldn't refuse, I decided to try an experiment. I put down my new z10 for a week and decided to see if I could go back to using an iPhone 5s after using my z30 for a solid couple of weeks as my daily driver. Here is what I discovered:

The first thing I noticed was I could no longer tolerate the small screen. Even though the retina screen is very sharp, I found myself using the pinch zoom function to read the small text on the screen more often that not.

I also realized how much I hate that dam home button on the iPhone. Once I was used to the swiping and gesturing concept to open and close my apps and navigate with OS10 , navigation on IOS felt clumsy and not smooth like OS10.

The Hub, you just don't know how much you miss this valuable software function until you cross over to a platform that doesn't have it. All my messages and notifications in one area! I can easily navigate through my emails, text and social stuff without having to bounce between apps like IOS and Android.

Even by touching the Facebook notification in the hub, it takes me right to the post and I can view or modify what I desire and then by swiping to the left when I an done, takes me right back to the Hub.

Apps, after being back on BlackBerry OS10 for a solid couple of weeks now, I have noticed that with the ability to install android apps, I have all the core apps I use for my everyday routine.

I have also noticed that I am mainly using the BlackBerry OS10 native apps whenever possible and only have a handful of android apps installed on my device. My need for apps has diminished and I only installed ones I use all the time, no more silly filler apps I never really used anyways.

Well, I went out and bought another unlocked z30 100-5 model from a Canadian seller on Saturday because I miss my z30 after just one week of not having it. I downloaded the 10.2.1.537 OTA update and I a happy camper.

The more in use my z30, the more productive I have become and now I find it impossible to go back to IOS or Android. I have converted several friends and colleagues back to BlackBerry by showing the great features of OS10 using my z30 and/or my z10.

I am back in the BlackBerry community to stay and as I said in my previous post, I have become an ambassador for the BlackBerry brand here in the USA. I will continue to show anyone who is willing to listen how great a product the z10 and z30 are. Just thought I would pass it along.

Posted via my BlackBerry z30 on 10.2.1.537
    Last edited by bakron1; 03-03-14 at 04:16 PM.
    03-03-14 12:43 PM
    Nice story to share!
    03-03-14 12:45 PM
    Good story! Thanks for posting your opinion!
    03-03-14 12:47 PM
    Awesome! I feel the same when I try to use an iPhone.

There definitely are some features on the iPhone that I am jealous of though!

I'm mostly in love with BB10 because of how much potential it has!
    03-03-14 12:58 PM
    Awesome! I feel the same when I try to use an iPhone.

There definitely are some features on the iPhone that I am jealous of though!

I'm mostly in love with BB10 because of how much potential it has!
    I agree there are some features on the iPhone that are nice, but I have found that the BlackBerry OS10 platform is perfectly suited for what I use my device for which is email, text and social apps. The z30 is a beautiful messaging machine.

Posted via my BlackBerry z30 on 10.2.1.537
    03-03-14 01:46 PM
    BB10 needs more attention especially with the Z30. man this thing is awesome, I've never really used much apps anyhow so that's not even an issue for me. Watching others go back and forth to use apps now is so silly after using bb10. BlackBerry needs to advertise like how samsung advertises showing the os in use while showing how tedious the other os' are.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 02:29 PM
    TY. Words of wisdom to live by.
    03-03-14 03:56 PM