You have the option of buying a16,32, or 64 gb iphone. The rest of your post is your opinion (which is fine). To call Apple devices mid range is comical at best, considering all the performance test say otherwise.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    So it is performance and not actual number specs that matter. So if the performance of a A10 is as good or better than the competitor, then it will be a flagship product. Right?
    07-25-13 04:20 AM
    "So the Apple 5S won't be a flagship device. OK Thanks "

It will be as it is Apple's own flagship device and will run and be marketed as such. They are also updating the chipset and screen resolution as well as optimizing iOS7 to run on the hardware.
    Actually from the rumors, the screen resolution will be the same as the 5.
    07-25-13 04:24 AM
    So it is performance and not actual number specs that matter. So if the performance of a A10 is as good or better than the competitor, then it will be a flagship product. Right?
    The os as well as specs play a huge role in its performance.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    wtrmlnjuc likes this.
    07-25-13 06:18 AM
    Keep drinking the kool aid buddy. Apple will bring their A game.
    You sure do spend a lot to me on here talking up the apple cause......Me thinks you might be the one guzzling too much from the Apple jug.....

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    dusdal likes this.
    07-25-13 07:02 AM
    What Kool aid? As far as apps go then sure but looking at the specs of something like the iPhone 5 it's clear that they're outdated. 1.3 ghz dual core, 1 Gb of ram and 16 Gb of storage non expandable sounds pretty mid range to me. Same goes for the resolution and lack of hardware aspects that's common place with competitors. They haven't even hit any type of hd screen and they upgraded their screen size to that of a low end phone. They'll bring their C game on specs, B game on OS, A game on build and A game on marketing.

Posted via CB10
    "You have the option of buying a16,32, or 64 gb iphone. The rest of your post is your opinion (which is fine). To call Apple devices mid range is comical at best, considering all the performance test say otherwise. "
    I understand what you are saying, now the iPhone spec wise not performance wise is a mid level phone. Performance wise its a flagship device. With the 5s the only thing that will change is probably it will get the same chip as the iPad 4 and other minor things. I try to stay away from anything iPhone with an S at the end and rather go with the regular 4,5, or 6. My opinion of course.
    07-25-13 12:12 PM
    The iPhone spec wise not performance wise is a mid level phone. Performance wise its a flagship device. With the 5s the only thing that will change is probably it will get the same chip as the iPad 4 and other minor things. I try to stay away from anything iPhone with an S at the end and rather go with the regular 4,5, or 6. My opinion of course.
    The iPhone on release was a high end device compared to the top specced phones out. Best in class camera, top quartile CPU power, undisputed king in GPU power, best in class screen color accuracy.

The Z10/Q10 on release were mid-range devices compared to the top specced phones out there. middle of the park camera, good but not great screen, midrange CPU and GPU.

Reference point should always be the specs on release...
    07-25-13 12:23 PM
    You sure do spend a lot to me on here talking up the apple cause......Me thinks you might be the one guzzling too much from the Apple jug.....

All this talk of kool aid and apple juice is making me thirsty.

Posted via CB10
    ibpluto, indie_b and wtrmlnjuc like this.
    07-25-13 04:21 PM
    I think the A10 will be a beast with a quad core GPU. Time for some Infinity Blade! (Or other high graphical 3D games.)

Sent from my XT907 using CB Forums mobile app
    07-25-13 06:51 PM
    07-25-13 09:55 PM

More like the realist jug
    wtrmlnjuc likes this.
    07-26-13 02:21 PM
    I think the A10 will be a beast with a quad core GPU. Time for some Infinity Blade! (Or other high graphical 3D games.)

Sent from my XT907 using CB Forums mobile app
    I think that's the real problem here. Rumours have it that BB wants to sell it to gamers. Well, without power, what games are you going to play that can't be played on Android, iOS or even Windows Phone with GDR3? They need better than just mediocre specs.
    07-27-13 05:31 PM
    I think that's the real problem here. Rumours have it that BB wants to sell it to gamers. Well, without power, what games are you going to play that can't be played on Android, iOS or even Windows Phone with GDR3? They need better than just mediocre specs.
    Some people don't want those devices, I'm happy playing games on the a10 when released. Battery life/720p > 1080p.

What's the point in having all that power in a phone if the 1080p screen makes it die a little sooner, especially with heavy gaming.

Posted Via CB10 | C00016D82
    07-27-13 09:13 PM
    Some people don't want those devices, I'm happy playing games on the a10 when released. Battery life/720p > 1080p.

What's the point in having all that power in a phone if the 1080p screen makes it die a little sooner, especially with heavy gaming.

Exactly and that's the biggest complaint with modern smartphone users, which is battery life. If the A10 has great battery life then, why not get one? That's what I like in my phones most of all, which is battery life.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    07-28-13 08:59 AM

They have battery packs that'll give your device up to 2 days worth of juice (zero lemon ftw) with heavy use.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    wtrmlnjuc and LWKING like this.
    07-28-13 09:05 AM
    What about the quad core GPU that was rumored for the A10, is that mediocre?

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    07-28-13 09:50 AM
    They have battery packs that'll give your device up to 2 days worth of juice (zero lemon ftw) with heavy use.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Thing about that is, that the phone has to have a removable battery. Which fewer and fewer phones have these days. The most you can hope for is a battery case and even those aren't made for every phone. That's why I need a phone that has a good accessory ecosystem.

07-28-13 10:08 AM
    What about the quad core GPU that was rumored for the A10, is that mediocre?

Others say dual core. Quad core S4s weren't available, and the S600 and S800 have only recently been released. I doubt BB will have such a processor, considering they pretty much stated that they weren't going past 720p either. Because these processors could easily handle 1080p without stutter.
    07-28-13 09:50 PM
    Others say dual core. Quad core S4s weren't available, and the S600 and S800 have only recently been released. I doubt BB will have such a processor, considering they pretty much stated that they weren't going past 720p either. Because these processors could easily handle 1080p without stutter.
    You don't understand at all. The S4 has had a quad core CPU. GPU is not CPU. The A10 was rumored to have a quad core GPU for more 3D intensive games. A phone can be quad core and 720p at that. (Read LG Optimus G international, GS3, Nexus 4, HTC One X+.)

07-29-13 03:48 AM
    Check out these specs Motorola Droid Ultra. . . I know this company isn't a market leader at the moment; however they are owned by Google. These specs are very similar to that of the A10. They just released this phone to be shipped August 20. It is their flagship. How does this A10 not compete? So it doesn't have the screen or processor of the S4 or HTC One. There are always souped up models in any product sector. Cars, computers, televisions, what makes phones so different? I think performance and marketing is key for the A10 to succeed personally. A lot of folks don't even realize BlackBerry even has new and different phones and they have been on the market for 4 to 6 months. Anyways, my thoughts.

Display
    5.0” edge–to–edge Super AMOLED display, 1280 x 720 Screen Resolution
    Dimensions
    5.41”(H) x 2.80”(W) x 0.28”(D) inches
    Weight: 4.94 oz
    Network
    Network: LTE, CDMA/1xEVDO Rev. A (800/1900 MHz)
    Global Network: EDGE/GSM (850/900/1800/1900), HSPA/UMTS( 850/900/1900/2100), HSDPA 42.2 Mbps (Category 20), HSUPA 5.76 Mbps
    Operating System
    Android 4.2, Jelly Bean
    Memory / Processor
    Processor: Motorola X8 Mobile Computing System (1.7 GHz dual–core application processor, 400 MHz quad–core GPU, natural language processor, contextual computing processor), Power/Audio Management: PM8921
    4FF preinstalled SIM
    Memory: 16GB on board memory + 2GB RAM
    Battery
    Battery: 2130 mAh Li–Ion
    Usage: Up to 28 hours OR
    Standby Time: Up to 13 days
    SAR
    SAR: Head 1.54 W/kg / Body–worn 0.32 W/kg
    Last edited by Jiggy1971; 07-29-13 at 09:08 AM.
    07-29-13 08:53 AM
    Check out these specs Motorola Droid Ultra. . . I know this company isn't a market leader at the moment; however they are owned by Google. These specs are very similar to that of the A10. They just released this phone to be shipped August 20. It is their flagship.
    No, it's not, that's the Maxx, reflected in their prices.

And it's more of a statement about Motorola's pathetic lineup than any way relevant to market realities - current flagships are all quad-core 1080p 5" and bigger models, with 10+ megapizel f/2.x and lower cameras, like it or not.

How does this A10 not compete?
    Other than having 5" by any measure, hardware or software: CPU, screen resolution, battery, weight, thickness, OS, apps, you name it.

So it doesn't have the screen or processor of the S4 or HTC One. There are always souped up models in any product sector. Cars, computers, televisions, what makes phones so different?
    Yeah, and brands who don't compete either go for the low-end, low-profit mass-market or die off quickly.

I think performance and marketing is key for the A10 to succeed personally. A lot of folks don't even realize BlackBerry even has new and different phones and they have been on the market for 4 to 6 months. Anyways, my thoughts.
    You people living in some alternative reality, rooted somewhere in 2008... to put it in a way that you might understand: 'a lot of folks' couldn't care less about BlackBerry in general, much less about their phones, BlackBerry lost its brand power long time ago while Mr Lazaritis and his ilks were having their sweet time fiddling with a proto-BB10... if anything then BB has a negative brand effect - and if you want to overcome that you need to do something very bold, out of ordinary, to get noticed, to get a chance to get into the hands of people.
    Wake up, people, BB has no chance to grow organically over a period of years, the launch of BB10 with these idiotic staged device releases was amateur.
    wtrmlnjuc likes this.
    07-30-13 10:44 AM
    So the Apple 5S won't be a flagship device. OK Thanks
    Remember...we are comparing a 5" screen to a 4.3" screen. The pixel density of the A10 will be significantly lower.
    wtrmlnjuc likes this.
    07-30-13 11:11 AM
    Outdated specs? The iPhone 5s is mid range?

*slap

Some people just don't get it.
    If ip5 is mid range than BlackBerry z10 is highend if you just check the specs

Posted via CB10
    LWKING likes this.
    07-30-13 11:33 AM
    I think marketing is key. Everyone I have demonstrated my phone two hadn't realized Blackberry had phones like the Z10. One person has switched as a result. The specs will appeal to some but for most if they just knew how simple and seamless the Blackberry 10 phones made communicating, the media capabilities, etc. That would me enough. It is a newer much improved Blackberry. Unfortunately most people have no idea.

Posted via Jiggy's Z10
    07-30-13 11:54 AM
    If ip5 is mid range than BlackBerry z10 is highend if you just check the specs

Posted via CB10
    Huh?
    07-30-13 01:26 PM
    You don't understand at all. The S4 has had a quad core CPU. GPU is not CPU. The A10 was rumored to have a quad core GPU for more 3D intensive games. A phone can be quad core and 720p at that. (Read LG Optimus G international, GS3, Nexus 4, HTC One X+.)

Did I say it had a quad core GPU? No, but it runs like hell.
    And those phones are from last year. They are at best mid-high range now. They no longer reach the performance capabilities of the S4 or the One. (and the G2, and the Honami, etc)
    07-30-13 01:42 PM
54 123