Most of the photos/ videos of a Z30 Flip Case show the case closed. However, mine doesn't stay closed at all, at least not with the display facing up. The only way to keep the case closed, is when the phone lies display downward facing.

Anyone else have a Z30 Flip Case and can comment on whether the case is supposed to behave like this?

I want a flip case to activate the screen, when I open it, and not be forced to constantly apply pressure to the case, or else it will unlock the Z30, as is the case, whenever I take it out of a pocket!

Might just go back to no case, as this one is frustrating to use.

Z30 Fip Case issues-z30-flip-case_edit.jpg

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 05:19 AM
    Once broken in it will close properly. Remember what it was like to break in a new baseball glove or a good pair of leather shoes?
    01-12-14 06:31 AM
    May I ask:

How is it when you phone? Doesn't the flip on the side disturb the phone experience? Is it easy to hold?

Thanks!!
    01-12-14 07:20 AM
    May I ask:

How is it when you phone? Doesn't the flip on the side disturb the phone experience? Is it easy to hold?

Thanks!!
    While using the phone, the flip just goes to the back nicely and doesn't get in the way of using the phone. However, the Z30 becomes harder to hold & use one-handed. I think it's because the coated inside of the flip case is now outside on the back and that provides much less grip than the glass-weave back cover. It's easy to hold it in one hand while talking, but difficult to hold it in one hand and type.

Due to the build of the flip case, it seems to be made for right-handed use. When I hold it in the left hand, sometimes I end up just grabbing the folded back flip case with the top of my fingers, which results in the phone swinging forwards. This can't happen when using the right hand to hold it.

@bungaboy

Hopefully. Been using the case for 2 weeks now, would be a shame, if it stays this stiff till after I replace the Z30 in a few years
    01-12-14 11:21 AM
    I didn't like the feel of the case while typing etc. The soft inside felt kind of yucky on the hand after a little while. Overall, I found it more annoying than useful in my experience. I used it for a couple weeks and then switched to an otterbox. While the otterbox is big, I find it very functional when using. In all honesty I actually really like the feel of the rubber.

Posted via my Z30
    01-12-14 11:58 AM
    I have been using the flip case for a couple of days now:
    Pros: It is extremely practical when talking over the phone: you simply keep the case closed, so instead of the phone touching your face it is the leather case. Sound is as if there was no case there. Same thing if you use a voip app like Taki or simply talking on speaker.

Cons: there is a half-the-way open issue but I hope it gets better once the leather breaks in.

i'm left-handed BTW: no issues
    01-12-14 01:09 PM
    I have the white one but no problem. Works great

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 04:11 PM
    Once broken in it will close properly. Remember what it was like to break in a new baseball glove or a good pair of leather shoes?
    The flip case still is the same. I can't close the flip case with the display up, as it keeps opening itself.

Going to replace it now with a pocket case.
    02-22-14 07:13 AM
    Love my Einzige flip case. It doesn't have the issues discussed here. No magnets near my hands, please, because of my wrist and pocket watches. Doc Neutron
    02-22-14 07:36 AM
    The flip case still is the same. I can't close the flip case with the display up, as it keeps opening itself.

Going to replace it now with a pocket case.
    Mine lays perfectly flat. What I do is fold the front cover over under the phone when I am charging it or when using it on my desk, etc.

Believe me it will break in. See below.

Z30 Fip Case issues-img_20140222_093712.jpg

Z30 Fip Case issues-img_20140222_094319.jpg
    02-22-14 07:41 AM
    I've had and used my flip case for about a month and it will not break in. Very disappointed

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 09:31 AM
    Same issue, have both the black and white cases and they both exhibit the same problem.

A small detail that really detracts from the premium nature of the phone.

You shouldn't have to take weeks to "break in" a case so that the cover does what it's supposed to do from the start (cover the screen). And if you have to, they should say so on the packaging.

I'm going on 2 months with mine and they're not broken in yet.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 12:41 PM
    I wonder if you took the flip case off the phone and got it "accidentally" wet, would that loosen the material up enough so that when it dried out it would be softer and more "broken in"?
    02-22-14 12:46 PM
    I have the flip and have not had that issue it lies perfectly flat, however I cant deal with it whilst typing so I rarely use it lol im still waiting for the carbonate pocket release

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 01:21 PM
    It's getting so frustrating with this case I might cut off the lid but keep the battery cover. On the white case the battery cover is a leather material and is a nicer upgrade from the plastic oem battery door.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 10:24 AM
    After over 4 months dealing with this non closing lid lol had to do it

Left is the oem battery cover , too plasticy and slippery for my taste.
    Z30 Fip Case issues-img_20140405_095506.jpg

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 10:57 AM