you got it wrong..Verizon is the only carrier interested, all others are simply not going to carry a phone no one is interested in buying
    I couldn't agree more. People are over analyzing this. The other carriers aren't interested. Period! Hell, I went into a local ATT store and they pulled all BB phones from the shelves. Why would they be interested in the Z30??

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 03:47 PM
    I couldn't agree more. People are over analyzing this. The other carriers aren't interested. Period! Hell, I went into a local ATT store and they pulled all BB phones from the shelves. Why would they be interested in the Z30??

Posted via CB10
    I honestly have no idea why Verizon is even offering it. They don't seem interested in marketing the device at all and surely they are smart enough to realize that it isn't going to sell any better than the Z10 or Q10 did. This must be one of those deals where Verizon is offering it without taking on any of the risk.
    10-30-13 04:07 PM
    I honestly have no idea why Verizon is even offering it. They don't seem interested in marketing the device at all and surely they are smart enough to realize that it isn't going to sell any better than the Z10 or Q10 did. This must be one of those deals where Verizon is offering it without taking on any of the risk.
    First, read the 3 pages above you. All people who want the Z30. Get your facts then come back to the forum. Now to my partial agreement with your somewhat correct assessment.

Look, it's a matter of preference. Clearly you're not interested in the phone which is by all means cool with me. However, search the posts and you'll find plenty of pissed off AT&T and T-Mobile customers who want the phone. You're probably right, it might not be enough to warrant the carriers to risk bringing the phone on board. However, that doesn't diminish the fact people want it. There's a simple solution. Put it up for sale on the website pre-order only and the carrier can just fulfill those who want the phone. Lastly, with the price point on the Z30 there will be an incentive to sell and Verizon sees it.

Sent from my iPhone 5s, Z10, or Q10 on Verizon from Philly.
    10-30-13 09:26 PM
    First, read the 3 pages above you. All people who want the Z30. Get your facts then come back to the forum. Now to my partial agreement with your somewhat correct assessment.

Look, it's a matter of preference. Clearly you're not interested in the phone which is by all means cool with me. However, search the posts and you'll find plenty of pissed off AT&T and T-Mobile customers who want the phone. You're probably right, it might not be enough to warrant the carriers to risk bringing the phone on board. However, that doesn't diminish the fact people want it. There's a simple solution. Put it up for sale on the website pre-order only and the carrier can just fulfill those who want the phone. Lastly, with the price point on the Z30 there will be an incentive to sell and Verizon sees it.

Please point out where I said or at all implied that no one wants a Z30.

I never did. Not once. Believe me, I am well aware that there are some people that want the phone. Especially on this website, where we see quite a few fans who have already bought a Z10 and Q10, and in some cases a Q5 as well, and are just dying to make another donation to the save BlackBerry fund.

I see you've already bought two BlackBerry 10 phones. Im guessing you'll be buying your third soon right?

There is nothing wrong with having a lot of smartphones. I buy a lot also, but I realize most people don't do that. The people who are out buying everything BlackBerry makes will happily buy a Z30 as well. But the market of people who are like that is tiny. Do you really think the amount of people interested in this phone is enough to warrant the effort of stocking, and marketing it? I honestly don't and according to the latest information, Sprint, AT&T and T-Mobile didn't either.

I am looking for the source now, but I remember reading a report that stated that the BlackBerry Z10, the first new BlackBerry smartphone to hit Verizon in ages, a phone that Verizon marketed more than BlackBerry itself, accounted for less than 1% of Verizon's smartphone sales its first quarter of availability.

The Z10 had more going for it than the Z30 does. The Z10 launched before every knew just how bad BlackBerry's situation was and at a time when there was built up demand for a new BlackBerry. I just don't see the Z30 performing as well as even the Z10 did and the Z10 was a total bust.
    SteelGreek likes this.
    10-30-13 10:02 PM
    Please point out where I said or at all implied that no one wants a Z30.

I never did. Not once. Believe me, I am well aware that there are some people that want the phone. Especially on this website, where we see quite a few fans who have already bought a Z10 and Q10, and in some cases a Q5 as well, and are just dying to make another donation to the save BlackBerry fund.

I see you've already bought two BlackBerry 10 phones. Im guessing you'll be buying your third soon right?

There is nothing wrong with having a lot of smartphones. I buy a lot also, but I realize most people don't do that. The people who are out buying everything BlackBerry makes will happily buy a Z30 as well. But the market of people who are like that is tiny. Do you really think the amount of people interested in this phone is enough to warrant the effort of stocking, and marketing it? I honestly don't and according to the latest information, Sprint, AT&T and T-Mobile didn't either.

I am looking for the source now, but I remember reading a report that stated that the BlackBerry Z10, the first new BlackBerry smartphone to hit Verizon in ages, a phone that Verizon marketed more than BlackBerry itself, accounted for less than 1% of Verizon's smartphone sales its first quarter of availability.

The Z10 had more going for it than the Z30 does. The Z10 launched before every knew just how bad BlackBerry's situation was and at a time when there was built up demand for a new BlackBerry. I just don't see the Z30 performing as well as even the Z10 did and the Z10 was a total bust.
    I tend to disagree. You have to look at New To Brand Share of Market. An iPhone 5 to 5s or a GS3 to GS4 is not the same. Look at the number of NEW contact and activations of smartphones, not upgrades and BlackBerry did better than 1%. Now I agree, that doesn't mean for everyone to stock the phone, it just means let them order it if they want it?

And I have multiple phones because iPhone 5s is my personal, Q10 is my clients, Z10 is for employees. Need 2 work cells. Probably won't get Z30

10-31-13 09:39 AM
    I don't know why everyone is up in arms about this "exclusive" deal that Verizon is promoting.

Whenever a carrier is the first to launch a phone, they claim it's "exclusive". But in reality it's only exclusive for a limited time from a few days to weeks or months or in rare cases even years. I seriously doubt it will be years in this case like that iPhone "exclusive."

I mean really people the BlackBerry Torch was advertised as an AT&T "exclusive" back in 2011 and I think it was like 2 weeks later or so you could get it on any carrier. I know cause I remember buying a Torch through T-Mobile in 2011 and I remember that AT&T so called "exclusive" being advertised.

The ONLY thing "exclusive" means in cell phone carrier advertisement speak is that the carrier is the first to release the phone. So just relax everyone, gezze. LOL

Posted via CB10
    Just curious, is the white Z10 and Q10 exclusive to Verizon? I know it's a color/model versus a phone, but seriously I don't even think Verizon has exclusivity at all. I just think other carriers don't want to carry it so Verizon is using the term to induce their own customers to upgrade and draw in some new customers. If other carriers see the phone selling well, they'll jump on board. I wish it was for like a year and then I'd feel way cooler to rockin' mine on the 14th.

Posted with my Z10 Or Q10 on Verizon from Philly
    11-03-13 09:40 PM
    In the US, yes white BB10 devices are exclusive to Verizon. Though, the Q10 SQN100-5 model can also work on T-Mobile and AT&T if I remember correctly (not sure if it comes in white though).

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 09:56 PM
    Though, the Q10 SQN100-5 model can also work on T-Mobile and AT&T if I remember correctly (not sure if it comes in white though).
    It does. Just not through US carriers.

BlackBerry US Online Store - BlackBerry Q10
    00stryder likes this.
    11-03-13 10:00 PM
    Well as it turns out, Verizon will be carrying the Z30 only by online or phone purchase. So their "Exclusive" rights are to wait at home and have it delivered. I guess it's better than nothing, but I'm hesitant to order without handling.

Posted with my Q10 on Verizon from Philly
    11-11-13 10:24 PM
59 123