Forgot about those videos, good point!

Posted via CB10
    SteelGreek likes this.
    10-27-13 10:20 PM
    I haven't checked the fine print, but Verizon is allowed to claim exclusivity on the Z30 as long as they specify that it is the STA-3 in the fine print (I think the -3 is the cdma model that is VzW compatible... Either way there's one specific model that is only compatible with Verizon)

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 11:51 PM
    And BlackBerry can't offer the Z30 on the website until carriers have launched it and had a chance to generate sales

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    10-27-13 11:51 PM
    I haven't checked the fine print, but Verizon is allowed to claim exclusivity on the Z30 as long as they specify that it is the STA-3 in the fine print (I think the -3 is the cdma model that is VzW compatible... Either way there's one specific model that is only compatible with Verizon)
    I love it. That's definitely worth checking the fine print for.
    10-28-13 12:11 AM
    They will screw up the launch so it probably won't matter. I doubt they will even have devices on display before their elusive exclusive expires.

If it's literally the -3 model only...this is just sad and cynical.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 12:37 AM
    This would practically kill BB in the US, for sure. With all their stupidity I still don't believe BB mgmt would be this incredibly incompetent...

...as far as I can see worst case they get their variant a month ahead of TMO and AT&T; also buying on shopblackberry.com or anywhere else wouldn't help if you want WiFi Calling on your phone (a very-very important thing to have inside houses in big metropolises.)
    10-28-13 01:03 AM
    Verizon version has wireless charging, that is what their exclusivity is about.
    00stryder and kbz1960 like this.
    10-28-13 01:20 AM
    Verizon version has wireless charging, that is what their exclusivity is about.
    Sadly that's still speculation at this point. I personally want a white one with wireless charging but after seeing those leaked document images/website page I'm skeptical...

Posted via a Verizon Z10 running a 10.2.1.575 hybrid and CB10. My channel: C0004F9BB
    10-28-13 09:27 AM
    I thought the only exclusive was, white and wireless charging.
    10-28-13 09:43 AM
    And BlackBerry can't offer the Z30 on the website until carriers have launched it and had a chance to generate sales

Posted via CB10
    Yep, thanks Verizon. (sarcasm)
    10-28-13 12:13 PM
    Sadly that's still speculation at this point. I personally want a white one with wireless charging but after seeing those leaked document images/website page I'm skeptical...

Posted via a Verizon Z10 running a 10.2.1.575 hybrid and CB10. My channel: C0004F9BB
    It was confirmed today in the Verizon twitter/press release that it WILL have wireless charging.

That sucks for all non-Verizon customer as I wanted Wireless Charging for my Z30! I have an HP TouchPad and the wireless charging is really convenient.
    10-28-13 12:18 PM

I stand corrected now by the front page posy by Adam. I wonder about color options though... my Z10 is an oreo but I really want a pure white one

10-28-13 12:22 PM
    It was confirmed today in the Verizon twitter/press release that it WILL have wireless charging.

That sucks for all non-Verizon customer as I wanted Wireless Charging for my Z30! I have an HP TouchPad and the wireless charging is really convenient.
    Just updated myself and saw your post. Maybe the charging can be used on other devices with a new OEM back cover? That would be great for you all who don't have big red. Time will tell....

10-28-13 12:23 PM
    This would practically kill BB in the US, for sure. With all their stupidity I still don't believe BB mgmt would be this incredibly incompetent...

...as far as I can see worst case they get their variant a month ahead of TMO and AT&T; also buying on shopblackberry.com or anywhere else wouldn't help if you want WiFi Calling on your phone (a very-very important thing to have inside houses in big metropolises.)
    you got it wrong..Verizon is the only carrier interested, all others are simply not going to carry a phone no one is interested in buying
    10-28-13 01:06 PM
    you got it wrong..Verizon is the only carrier interested
    Sprint had said they were going to carry the Z30. Their model has cleared the FCC. AT&T, who hasn't said anything publicly, hasn't had their model go through the FCC. So if BB is selectively sending phones for certification, I doubt they would have sent the Sprint one if "Verizon is the only carrier interested"
    10-28-13 01:10 PM
    BlackBerry Logic

AT&T leak, AT&T leak, AT&T leak, then suddenly Verizon exclusive.

Is the Z30 exclusive to Verizon?-pc4qc.jpg

Posted via CB10
    tryfe, Saiga and miguel89to like this.
    10-29-13 02:26 PM
    I don't know why everyone is up in arms about this "exclusive" deal that Verizon is promoting.

Whenever a carrier is the first to launch a phone, they claim it's "exclusive". But in reality it's only exclusive for a limited time from a few days to weeks or months or in rare cases even years. I seriously doubt it will be years in this case like that iPhone "exclusive."

I mean really people the BlackBerry Torch was advertised as an AT&T "exclusive" back in 2011 and I think it was like 2 weeks later or so you could get it on any carrier. I know cause I remember buying a Torch through T-Mobile in 2011 and I remember that AT&T so called "exclusive" being advertised.

The ONLY thing "exclusive" means in cell phone carrier advertisement speak is that the carrier is the first to release the phone. So just relax everyone, gezze. LOL

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 04:33 PM
    I don't know why everyone is up in arms about this "exclusive" deal that Verizon is promoting.

Whenever a carrier is the first to launch a phone, they claim it's "exclusive". But in reality it's only exclusive for a limited time from a few days to weeks or months or in rare cases even years. I seriously doubt it will be years in this case like that iPhone "exclusive."

I mean really people the BlackBerry Torch was advertised as an AT&T "exclusive" back in 2011 and I think it was like 2 weeks later or so you could get it on any carrier. I know cause I remember buying a Torch through T-Mobile in 2011 and I remember that AT&T so called "exclusive" being advertised.

The ONLY thing "exclusive" means in cell phone carrier advertisement speak is that the carrier is the first to release the phone. So just relax everyone, gezze. LOL

Posted via CB10
    No... I'm pretty sure the Torch was only available to AT&T. I'm talking about the original Torch, the 9800 slider phone. (In the US at least) AT&T was the only one out of the four major carriers to have it.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 05:07 PM
    No... I'm pretty sure the Torch was only available to AT&T. I'm talking about the original Torch, the 9800 slider phone. (In the US at least) AT&T was the only one out of the four major carriers to have it.

Posted via CB10
    That slider was only on AT&T officially. I wish I could have had it on Verizon!

10-29-13 05:15 PM
    That slider was only on AT&T officially. I wish I could have had it on Verizon!

Did it work on T-Mobile? Definitely wouldn't work on VZW or Sprint.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 05:42 PM
    Did it work on T-Mobile? Definitely wouldn't work on VZW or Sprint.

Posted via CB10
    I believe unlocked it would. Definitely not on any of the CDMA networks. Everyone I personally knew was on AT&T

00stryder likes this.
    10-29-13 06:28 PM
    Hope AT&T gets it. I wanted to try this device out.. BB can't afford to be exclusive to anyone right now unless they just WANT horrible sales numbers.
    I have never tried a blackberry because of the physical keyboards and 2" screens, Storm and storm II sucked and I am not on vzw. I was going to try Z10 but I had a 4" screen on my iPhone and the reason I went to Android.
    This was going to be my first BB.
    Oh well, if they take too long getting it to AT&T I will just wait 6 months and grab a used one cheap.
    10-29-13 09:49 PM
    The Torch 9800 was AT&T exclusive. Both AT&T and T-Mobile carried the BB7 9810. However T-Mobile quickly discontinued it's availability. T-Mobile branded 9810s are still floating around out there.

I just hope that the Z30 Verizon exclusive is temporary. If not just please sell it direct from the BlackBerry store.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    10-29-13 11:51 PM
    Accept it...Verizon only, period. Yes, the other carriers will get it but exclusivity goes beyond weeks in this case. T-Mobile announced they won't be carrying it at all.

Posted with my Z10 or my Q10 on Verizon from Philly
    10-30-13 12:02 PM
    T-Mobile announced they won't be carrying it at all.
    Source?
    10-30-13 01:09 PM
59 123