I have been having this issue for a while, first I thought it was because of the leaked software but even after the official 10.2.1 I am having this issue.

I will get a notification for unread email messages and on the lock screen it will show 6 messages but when I go into the hub I only see 1. This is constantly happening. If I login to my Hotmail account I will see the unread messages there. If I click on the message from the lock screen it will open the message. If I search for the message it will be there. But it won't show up unless I search for it or click from the lock screen.

Anyone have any ideas. Hope my issue made sense.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 07:08 AM
    I have been having this issue for a while, first I thought it was because of the leaked software but even after the official 10.2.1 I am having this issue.

I will get a notification for unread email messages and on the lock screen it will show 6 messages but when I go into the hub I only see 1. This is constantly happening. If I login to my Hotmail account I will see the unread messages there. If I click on the message from the lock screen it will open the message. If I search for the message it will be there. But it won't show up unless I search for it or click from the lock screen.

Anyone have any ideas. Hope my issue made sense.

Posted via CB10
    aah yeah, i got that too! well seems it's another bug here. the workaround is, (i know this is such a pain but.. well at least until another update is coming) to open every email that is coming to your phone and if you don't like it just delete it straight away. that's what you can do for now.

or tweet @michaelclewley and let him know of this problem, ask for his email as well via twitter.
    02-06-14 07:18 PM
    Are you sure you don't have "Conversation View" enabled, and those might just be 6 new messages in one conversation thread?
    02-06-14 07:46 PM
    I do have conversation view, but with other messages I will see a count and then a number for unread messages. I will turn off conversation view and see if that makes a difference.

But still doesn't explain why I never get a notification for the messages. It will only show up on the lock screen once I have another message notification.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 08:53 PM
    I do have conversation view, but with other messages I will see a count and then a number for unread messages. I will turn off conversation view and see if that makes a difference.

Please post back with the result of your testing.

But still doesn't explain why I never get a notification for the messages. It will only show up on the lock screen once I have another message notification.

Notifications are only going to activate for messages that are "visible" in hub. This is why if you are using a system that filters messages into folders as they come in to the server, you will not get new mail notifications of those unless they appear in your inbox. You can still see them by going into the folders they were sorted into (assuming you have synced those folders to the Blackberry), but if I'm not mistaken, new mail notifications are based on new items added to the inbox.
    02-06-14 09:13 PM
    So when i turned off conversation view I did see the other email messages. But here's the thing when I did a search for the sender that was the only message they had sent.

One other thing is this is only affecting my Hotmail account. My Gmail and work outlook account work fine with conversation view and in the hub will show me that there is a new email for that conversation.

I am going to try removing and re-adding my Hotmail account. I prefer conversation view as I get about 150-250 emails in my outlook account. And another 60 in my Hotmail.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 06:08 AM
    So when i turned off conversation view I did see the other email messages. But here's the thing when I did a search for the sender that was the only message they had sent.

One other thing is this is only affecting my Hotmail account. My Gmail and work outlook account work fine with conversation view and in the hub will show me that there is a new email for that conversation.

I am going to try removing and re-adding my Hotmail account. I prefer conversation view as I get about 150-250 emails in my outlook account. And another 60 in my Hotmail.

Well, glad to see some progress being made in any case.

There are different methods of "threading" email messages, it is not necessarily a cut/dried process. It may be that the way that Hotmail (Outlook.com) formats email messages or message headers has an effect on how BB10 threads and recognizes those messages in conversations.
    02-07-14 08:33 AM