01-30-14 07:33 AM
61 123
tools
    Many thanks, some expert advice.

Trevor
    01-02-14 01:38 PM
    No problem. Good luck with getting the Z30. Unfortunately I am stuck as the only UK network that offers Z30 on business is Vodafone who have terrible overseas call centres and their plans are a rip off.

It is absolutely astonishing that no other networks or the big independents (car phone warehouse and phones4u) are stocking this and don't even show this phones as coming soon.

Vey poor show from Blackberry marketing department (if they have one). They should have made a little effort to advertise this phone to muster interest here in UK and that would have made the networks to stock the phone.
    01-04-14 02:38 AM
    I have spoken to out Service Manger are work.

Our senior managers all have Blackberries. But they are all dated We are all on EE.

they have tried to get Z30 for upgrades but none are available. They then tried to get Z10's as a stop gap. I am not talking huge numbers, probablly 250 but EE could not deliver.

They have now chosen to go for Galaxy S4's or iPhones now.

To say they are not impressed with EE or BlackBerry is an understatement.

Trevor
    01-04-14 04:17 AM
    I went to CarphoneWarehouse on Saturday and got a Z10 (pay as you go) and put my EE sim in there. I am learning that either blackberry has some saboteurs amongst their midst or their management is made out of imbeciles.
    People love blackberry for many reasons, but most of all is its practicality. For example, I spend a lot of time at court and in interviews and love the feature that let you set the profile to “vibrate only” when in holster or sleeve. This means that when I am in the office, I can hear the tones but it vibrates when in a holster. This means I don’t have to mess about with changing profiles. It also let me know if I have an email, text / BBM message or if someone is ring me as I set different vibrates for all the different things. They have removed it in BB10!
    I am due for upgrade on my business account but I will wait to see what other Android devices come out within the next 3 months and then I will make a decision. I think it does answer the question why only one carrier in UK is stocking Z30 and why Z10 is being taken off the list of most carriers. It is such a shame.
    It is a shame that apart from having incompetent departments (like their marketing), BB treats its old and loyal followers with contempt and is removing features that set it apart from other run of the mill smartphones.
    01-05-14 08:37 AM
    I phoned Orange today about an upgrade.

They could only offer me a Q5 or a Z10. They don't have any Q10's in stock.

I said I wanted a Z30, the rep on the end corrected me and said that I meant a Z10. I explained about the Z30 being the latest Blackberry and they were not aware. After being on hold for 10 minutes they came back and said they do not have the Z30 on they system and no one in their section was aware if it was going to be stocked.

They recommended me a Q5 as it was the latest and best Blackberry available!

I am bumb founded at the the knowledge of Orange/EE, but it may also be a marketing issue by Blackberry.

No sure what options to take now.

Trevor
    scarymonster likes this.
    01-14-14 04:45 AM
    I got my Z30 from Carphone Warehouse. They don't sell it online, but some stores still have it in stock: your best bet is the one on Oxford Street. They had about 100 a week ago.

Posted from my shiny BlackBerry Z30
    01-14-14 05:05 AM
    I work very closely with EE due to my job, EE will NOT be stocking Z30's because if they do, they have to drop another model off their pricebook. And they do not beleive they will sell enough units to make it viable.
    01-14-14 06:19 AM
    PWell having spoken to upgrades again, to see if I can get someone who actually likes Blackberry and won't try to push an iPhone or Galaxy, I wasn't that successful.

I was recommended to take out a new 2 year contract to keep my good deal and then I 'may be' able to add a Z30 if they come in stock.

Now the deal they offered was rubbish!

Edited.

So buymobiles messed me around. Told me that the phone was in stock when I ordered. Turns out they have no stock of Z30's or even know when they are getting any. Cancelled my order and found out carphonewarehouse have them in stock.

If it wasn't for the having the best coverage where I live I would have jumped ship.

Regards

Trevor
    Last edited by TrickyT; 01-21-14 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Buy mobiles are rubbish!
    01-14-14 06:26 AM
    Hi Trevor, does that mean you had to change your mobile number though?
    01-14-14 09:22 AM
    No, I phoned them on the number found on the upgrades tab of the site. They did the upgrade and I kept my existing number.

Trevor
    scarymonster likes this.
    01-14-14 09:35 AM
    I have managed to get a Signal Box through Orange. It took quite a bit of haggling, but not enough to get it for free. Got them to discount it by 75% and pay 26.70.

Now that my Mrs also has a Z30 I thought it was worth the one off payment so that we can both use out inclusive minutes on our plans while at home.

Trevor
    01-30-14 07:33 AM
61 123