I spoke to both EE and Orange in the UK today asking about the availability of the Z30.

Both of them told me that although they have been told they 'should' be stocking the Z30, they do not have it on their system at them moment. I asked when they thought it may be available, I was told they have no idea.

They said that when they were released by BB they would know more.

I explained that both Vodafone and Carphone Warehouse already have them in stock, they sounded surprised!

I also asked the EE rep why the Z10 and Q10 were not showing on their website, was it that they had sold out? The rep didn't know why there were not on there or when they would be back!

The Orange rep told me that they could do me a good deal on the iPhone, when I said that it wasn't as good as the Z30, she came back with the reply, maybe it is better, but doesn't have many apps, there is an app for everything for the iPhone.

My contract isn't up until the end of the year, but i would have thought that the biggest 4G network in the UK should have an idea of when it was going to be available!

Trevor
    11-12-13 06:29 AM
    Agree fully, I am also on EE, with 2 other handsets on orange, I want the Z30 and
    they really need to pull their finger out.

I could go to Carphone but don't know if I want too.
    11-12-13 06:58 AM
    I want to upgrade thorough Orange as I use the 2 swapables (Deezer and Sky Sports).

I also like that you can negotiate a discount if you go through the retention team.

Trevor
    11-12-13 07:06 AM
    Trevor, I don't live in the UK but have an interest in all things BlackBerry. Reading your post was annoying in how Apple is now paying people to play the app gap game. My response to that is that maybe BlackBerry don't have an app for everything but it sure does have all that most mature adults need and the side loading ability certainly fills most if the other needs. Who wants a 1000 fart sound apps or beer pouring apps. If I'm gonna be pouring beer it better be liquid beer and not some crap of an app.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 07:30 AM
    Trevor, its very confusing that they should not know, but the carphane warehouse offers the Z30 on both these networks as new or upgrade, so that's the other option you have.
    daveycrocket likes this.
    11-12-13 07:40 AM
    Just wondering how many Z30s have been manufactured? It seems to me that there is an inventory shortage, thus the lack of worldwide availability. Could anybody make some deep analysis on this hypothesis?

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 08:00 AM
    Just wondering how many Z30s have been manufactured? It seems to me that there is an inventory shortage, thus the lack of worldwide availability. Could anybody make some deep analysis on this hypothesis?

Posted via CB10
    Hi, perhaps Blackberry ordered limited production run and already shipped,too late to cancel when possible sale of Blackberry arose, unless they sell why order more? Too many Z10`s around.The Z30 could become a real limited edition ?.
    11-12-13 06:09 PM
    Hey, first time posting long time forum watcher / reader.

Im in a similar situation long term buisness contract with Orange / EE, and waiting for the Z30 release.

EE i honestly think cant find their arse with both hands and their communication is terrible (ironic for a communication supplier). I did manage to speak to a EE / Orange rep online, and they said the Z30 should be avaliable in November (they have been stating in 2 weeks for the last 5 weeks), yet whenever ive spoken to anyone in store they have no idea that BB have realesed a new phone or they say its not avaliable yet in the Uk, ironic when i point out that CPW have it on display.

So fingers crossed it should be out soon this last few weeks in November. Otherwise it might be jump ship to another supplier.
    11-13-13 11:18 AM
    I used the online chat today and spoke to an EE report. Asked the same question about the Z30. I got the same answer that it was not showing on their system.

I also called into one of the EE shops during my lunch hour. The sales rep was also a BB user. He said that he was after one, but he had no idea when they were due.

He wasn't even aware that they were even in the process of testing with the branded software.

His view was that not to expect it to be out before Christmas.

He has said quite a few people have asked and then jumped ship to either Vodafone or gone for a CPW deal.

The only other option is to buy off contract.

Trevor
    11-13-13 03:43 PM
    Well that kind of proves what i was saying before about EE / Orange different people are hearing different things from then on the availability of the Z30.

I spoke to a BB rep within O2 today and they said they wont be recieving the Z30 anytime this year they reckon, they were a bit surprised that i was interested in it for my work. Stated the Z10 was just as good, i just rolled my eyes.
    11-15-13 10:26 AM
    Must be a standard line.

I have been told by in a different EE store by the rep that I should go for the Q10 as I am upgrading from the 9900.

But if I wanted a full touch screen phone, then I should go for the best one on the market, the iPhone 5! After I had stopped laughing, I asked why this was. His answer was, it is selling the most and has the most apps!

I tried to reason that what they were saying was not a valid argument, but they would not shift. Then the store manager appeared. I explained to him that I was being told incorrect information. He totally agreed with me. Turns out he is also a Blackberry user, a Q10.

His view is the Blackbery's marketing team is very poor. All of the other phone manufacturers send out dummy models and loads of posters/literature. Blackberry has sent out nothing

They have hyped up the Z30, but not been able to deliver. From what he understands, EE have asked for a certain amount of Z30's so they can ensure they have enough stock and not just 1 or 2 per store, but Blackberry have not delivered yet? Don't know how true that is.

Regards

Trevor
    11-17-13 03:25 AM
    Well to add more fuel to the fire of debate. I spoke to the BB rep at Orange today, asking about when the Z30 'might' be arriving. And even though she said for sure, she did mention soon, very very soon?

Oh well fingers crossed.
    11-20-13 07:07 AM
    I have gone a different route. Won a Z30 brand new on ebay. Transferred my settings from Z10 via link. Popped sim in, no issues. The phone is unlocked so receives updates as BlackBerry releases them. This phone is rapid and I have glad I have changed. I will never contract myself to a phone again. I'll go sim only and get the blackberry I want when I want!

Posted via CB10
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    11-20-13 07:27 AM
    EE told me the Z30 will be available end of November.

Posted Via CB10 running on OS 10.2.1.1055
    11-20-13 08:00 AM
    When I want to upgrade, O2 better have the BlackBerry I want or I'm walking.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1803 O2 UK
    11-20-13 08:12 AM
    I spoke to EE business rep and she told me that they have started testing Z30 and it will be on sale within 2 weeks.
    11-24-13 02:22 PM
    Well seeing as it coming to end of November, I chased up a EE repesentative and asked them about the Z30 and the promises they have been spinning for a age about the Z30 becoming available end of Novemeber.

Needless to say i wasnt at all surprised (but very very annoyed) that they stated that they have no plans to recieve the Z30 or had any serios plans of stocking the phone !!!!!!
    When i quizzed the rep about the web of lies myself and many others have been told, i just got a puzzled shrugged shoulder explanation. The iceing on the cake was when i calmly asked for some details for contacting the necesary people to cancel my long standing buisness contract (9yrs+) and make a complaint, they looked so so surprised ????

Anyone else recommend a good UK service provider im looking at O2, they may not have the Z30, but i certainly dont wish to be associated with EE much longer. I would use Vodaphone as they do have the Z30, yet due to my work demands and travel involved im concerned about the stories i hear about poor reception.

Any help would be appreciated.

D
    11-28-13 05:05 AM
    I bought my Z30 from Carphone warehouse sim free, Now I'm not sure but I think you may find that if you go through them the phone will actually be sim free even on contract, as far as I'm aware the costing for a contract is the same.
    11-28-13 05:36 AM
    The Carphone Warehouse has the Z30 available on all the major networks with the exception of 3, as upgrade or new. So save yourselves the grief and pain from these reps who don't know what their own company is doing and do your transaction through CPW. i have found that most times their prices and tariffs are a few quid lower than going through the network providers.
    11-28-13 08:37 AM
    The only reason I can't upgrade through car phone warehouse is that I was told I will lose my family and friends discount if I don't go through EE

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 10:48 AM
    Much the same problem with myself. Despite EE / Orange's growing list of faults, they have done me a very good deal on my buisness contract. When i did go to CPW, they cant match that deal, and despite how many attempts to make a good deal, i would end up paying alot more if i went through them, so you see my problem.
    Seems i can only go through a major network provider, so im limited to EE / O2 or Vodaphone.
    11-28-13 12:50 PM
    One of my colleagues have spoken to Orange / EE business on Friday and she was told that they are going to stock the Z30 but not until Jan 2014.
    12-01-13 02:12 AM
    I spoke to EE yesterday and the sales rep didn't even know what a Z30 was! I've been with EE and their dreadful service for two years, so this wasn't surprising. After enquiring at Vodafone, they had it ready and unlocked in the back of the store! Deals and signal coverage on Vodafone is great from my experience (much more network capacity than on EE/Orange), as well as customer support, so I'll be on contract by next week
    I would avoid EE unless you can get an extremely cheap deal with them, their service is that poor I've taken to calling them "NN" (Nothing Nowhere), for good reason! Carphone Warehouse is okay for PAYG though...
    12-01-13 06:21 AM
    This seem to be the common theme. Some EE staff do not appear to know that BB Z30 exists, some will say that EE is not going to carry the hand set and some say that it will be available at the end of this month / next month.

It is a bit of a joke that a company with the size of EE can not get there act together and put something on their system so that all their staff give the same or similar reply to the query.
    12-03-13 01:37 AM
    The only reason I can't upgrade through car phone warehouse is that I was told I will lose my family and friends discount if I don't go through EE

Posted via CB10
    Ask EE to change your tariff to sim only and then buy the Z30 sim free from cpw. You should retain friends and family. Although, I must say, why not go contract through cpw and get unlimited everything? Surely that makes friends and family redundant?

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 04:57 AM
61 123