I used the online chat today and spoke to an EE report. Asked the same question about the Z30. I got the same answer that it was not showing on their system.

I also called into one of the EE shops during my lunch hour. The sales rep was also a BB user. He said that he was after one, but he had no idea when they were due.

He wasn't even aware that they were even in the process of testing with the branded software.

His view was that not to expect it to be out before Christmas.

He has said quite a few people have asked and then jumped ship to either Vodafone or gone for a CPW deal.

The only other option is to buy off contract.

Trevor
    This is my experience with T Mobile (as was) and suspect it has become part of EE plans. T Mobile were always the last to sell the latest phones - it's almost as though they wait for all of the other companies to sell them, see how well they sell and then get their own stock in! Drives me mad!

Time for EE to live up to the Everything Everywhere moniker and get stock in everywhere!

My contract is up for renewal next Spring (T Mobile) and I've got a super deal from CPW on SIM free Z10 to see whether the Z30 will be worth the wait...
    12-03-13 06:33 AM
    Like others, I've been hanging on in the hope of upgrading to Z30. The latest situation, according to an Orange man who seemed to be talking with a good level of knowledge and authority this afternoon is that unless you're a corporate customer, the Z30 will not be made available on Orange/EE in the foreseeable future. The (unofficial) line seems to be that until (unless) the future of BB is more stable, EE & Co won't be getting behind any new BB product. The above is only on the basis of one telephone conversation and is posted here for what it's worth.
    12-05-13 11:07 AM
    Ask EE to change your tariff to sim only and then buy the Z30 sim free from cpw. You should retain friends and family. Although, I must say, why not go contract through cpw and get unlimited everything? Surely that makes friends and family redundant?

Posted via CB10
    I get 40% of any tarrif on EE with my family and friends. So on the tarrif with unlimited text/ call and 20 Gb data, I am paying only �30.60

I don't think I can get that on any other network

Posted Via CB10 running OS 10.2.1.1055
    12-05-13 11:15 AM
    I get 40% of any tarrif on EE with my family and friends. So on the tarrif with unlimited text/ call and 20 Gb data, I am paying only �30.60

I don't think I can get that on any other network

Posted Via CB10 running OS 10.2.1.1055
    I see what you're saying. Might be worth phoning cpw and seeing if they can't give you the same deal with a Z30 on Orange (EE)

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 02:29 PM
    I'm on three so ended up buying second hand (but mint) from cex. Can't wait for my area to get free 4g (signals great here on three so I'm hoping it stays good once 4g launches).

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 02:35 PM
    I telephoned again their business CS yesterday and was told that EE will be releasing Z30 during the first week of Jan 2014.
    12-19-13 09:58 PM
    Well after being messed around something chronic by EE / Orange, and finding out they have been over charging my buisness accountant for over 6 years (they said they could only refund 3 months worth), with the final straw of being laughed at by a sales rep for wanting a Z30 or any Blackberry product. I decided to jump ship to O2, not only were they alot more proffesional, they have gicen me a huge discount, and even though they dont have the Z30 in stock, they gave my buisness a free Z10, and promised that i could upgrade to the Z30 free of charge once it does arrive in store. (they are looking at first quarter of 2014)

Only wish i switched earlier to be honest
    12-20-13 03:36 PM
    I have a SIM free Z30 running 10.2.1.1055 on 02, previously I had the Z10.

The Z30 is by far the best smartphone experience I have ever had. Having (tried) to use friends Android and iOS devices, nothing comes close in respect of ease of use, and the keyboard puts the rest into a very insignificant hat.

BlackBerry need to up their marketing game and destroy the fabled, mythical, dreamboat device which is the inferior iPhone.

Long live BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 04:36 PM
    I've spoken to 3 different people at O2 and none of them had even heard of the Z30!

"Don't mind me, I'm just frying some bacon on the back of my Z10"
    12-20-13 04:54 PM
    I have noticed the Carphone Warehouse no longer has the Z30 on their website.

I have thought about changing to another Network but where I live the signal is generally poor so Orange with the WIFI calling is a bonus. Also the swapables I use, Deezer and Sky Sports work out to my advantage.

Trevor
    12-21-13 08:49 AM
    Yup, Z30 was on CPW website last week.

12-21-13 02:29 PM
    Just spoke to Orange Business on 08000790293 and they said that they are moving away from blackberry and that they will not be getting Z 30. I was told a few weeks ago that they will be getting it in Jan 2014. How can the people in same organisation tell completely different things?
    12-24-13 08:22 AM
    Because no one has a clue what they are doing in these companies.

Use buymobiles.net

12-24-13 09:10 AM
    I've been on the site numerous times over the last few months and get told it's not on the system. Also noticed it's not on the carphone warehouse site now as well. Only place I've seen it is in the voda phone shop.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 09:31 AM
    I've been on the site numerous times over the last few months and get told it's not on the system. Also noticed it's not on the carphone warehouse site now as well. Only place I've seen it is in the voda phone shop.

Posted via CB10
    Does that mean that Z 30 is not going to be available anywhere else apart from Vodafone?
    12-25-13 10:35 AM
    I spoke to level 2 Blackberry support regarding an issue with my phone yesterday. During the conversation I asked him about EE / Orange stocking Z30. He said that the network had taken too many Z10 handsets and will not announce anything about Z30 until they have sold many more Z10 contracts. He said that Z30 will be on EE, but does not know when due to Z10 being overstocked and not many people getting it on contract.
    12-31-13 01:32 AM
    Wow this all sounds like a complete mess.

If no one is selling the Z30 on contract, how is BlackBerry going to weather the storm?

I've used iPhone, android and windows phone in the last three years and by far the best has been my Z30 with 10.2. BlackBerry need to invest in promotion. Without it, they will fail. Especially as it seems the retail / major contract sellers are actively reducing their support for the devices

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 03:06 AM
    I love the fact that EE/Orange are not actually stocking the Z30 yet, but you can pick one up from Mobile Phones - Buy Mobile Phones with Free Gifts and Cashback on an EE/Orange contact.

My contact is up for renewal middle of January so I will be calling them then. I don't really want to mover as I get the best coverage on their Network.

I like the bit about overstocking the Z10, yet the Z10 is not available on either of their websites. Orange Q10/Q5 and EE only the Q5.

Regards

Trevor
    12-31-13 03:10 AM
    Morning Trevor,
    Unfortunately I can not get the phone from a third party intermediary. I am on a business contract and part of the contract is that if my handset develops a fault, Orange / EE will replace it the next day with a reconditioned hand set. That will not happen to me if I went on a contract with someone else as Orange / EE are not stocking the handset so they will not be able to send a replacement.
    Happy New Year.
    12-31-13 03:26 AM
    I have only ever purchased my phone direct from Orange. It was only when I got my 9900 that I was told to phone up and speak to retention's as I would get a far better deal.

I assume there may be some hidden pitfalls by purchasing through a re-seller?

Happy New Year (will be a fantastic New Year if I can get a Z30 on my contract renewal on January 14th!)

Trevor
    12-31-13 03:54 AM
    Yes you do get good deals through retentions. That only works if you ring when you have one month or less remaining to the end of your contract and you ring in to ask for the PAC code.

There are pitfalls in buying it from third party sellers as all networks flash their phones with a little bit of proprietary software / firmware. The prime example is that if you have got 9900 from orange, the wifi calling will work on it. If you buy it from a third party, including phones4u and Carphonewarehouse, the wifi calling will not work even if you use the Orange sim card.
    I have started looking at Z10 as there doesn't appear to be an arrival time for the Z30. Just looking mind, still holding out for Z30.
    12-31-13 06:01 AM
    Thanks for your reply.

That will be a big issue for me. WIFI calling is a godsend where I am, not having it will be a big issue.

May have to rethink my plans.

Trevor
    12-31-13 06:15 AM
    Wifi calling doesn't work on 4G phones anymore. You can get a "signal box" from Orange and EE which gives you 4 bars od 93G) signal.

EE are bringing out a wifi calling app soon (but then again, who knows if they will or not)
    12-31-13 06:29 AM
    I didn't realise wifi calling would not work on a 4G phone. That has made things interesting.

I expect there will be an app for android and apple, but the blackberry one will be out on hold!

I have goolged the signal box. That would solve my problems, but it sounds like it will be hit or miss as to weather I would be sent one.

I am sure if I haggled with retention's they may let me, but what is the point in haggling if I cannot get a Z30.

I don't want to get a Z10, I know they are a good phone, but having it for 24 months will drive me made.

But knowing that wifi calling in not something that will be installed by Orange, I can by from a re-seller, but then will struggle to get a signal box.

Decisions, decisions.

Trevor
    12-31-13 08:08 AM
    Wifi calling does work on 4G, EE hasn’t got the app out yet. I believe O2 has an app that you can use on your mobile, laptop and tablet to make calls, but they do not have Z30 and I am not sure if there app works on BB10 or not.
    If you do decide to go for a third party contract with EE, make sure you buy it either on line of over the phone. This way you will be covered by the distance selling regulations which allow you to return the goods / cancel the contract within 7 days of receipt.
    This way, if there is no signal when you get the phone, you can ring EE and ask for the box, if they say no, you can cancel the contract without penalty.
    Please check the terms and conditions of the seller before buying as some sellers try clever ways to bypass the distance selling regulations.
    01-02-14 12:52 AM
61 123