02-03-14 10:18 AM
273 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Even though not many here would agree with what I'm about to do, as a member of the Mobile Nations community I feel I have to apologize to guillaumeb for the way he's been treated here by other members of Crackberry. A number of members have found ways to combine sarcasm with just being downright mean. This is unfortunate. And, to a degree, I have to agree with guillaumeb about not reading the manual. I own two phones that I use on a daily basis, an iPhone 5 and a Lumia 920, and I didn't have to read the manual to figure out those phones. I don't own a Z30; so I can't comment from experience on its build quality, but I think there is something telling about guillaumeb's experience, nonetheless.
    Please don't apologize for me. no one should intentionally break something then call it out for bad build quality. As he is a "tech reviewer" he should have known better and done the proper due diligence to ensure he was using the device properly and not the "way he thinks" it should be used. it is not the mobile nation members issue that he is a bush league "tech reviewer" and can't follow clearly laid out picture instructions.
    11-06-13 01:33 PM
    You are really a dit wit. And you are not ashamed to call yourself a technician? Where did you learn your trade? SMH. You are saying that the Z30 is horribly built because of your incompetence?
    I'm just an ordinary guy and had no issues opening the cover or inserting Micro SD card or SIM card. Craziness will never cease.
    habs_fan likes this.
    11-06-13 01:50 PM
    Yeay cause rtfm will certainly enhance the quality of phone... poor guys. but hey at least if insulting me makes you feel better for spending hundreds of bucks on that crap go for it.

I'm out of this stupid forums

Posted via CB10
    Lol good u won't be missed.

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan likes this.
    11-06-13 01:53 PM
    Oh man, I got mine last night, is the best phone I've ever had, doesn't feel bad quality at all, is not aluminum casing but still is neither horrible quality nor cheap, it has a very good look and feel really recommend to test one in person before jump into conclusions, if you put one in your hand you will fall in love.
    11-06-13 01:57 PM
    He must have been high on something, like the Toronto Mayor.

Wait, how could you not figure out how to insert the SIM when this is all you can see:

Attachment 217937

It literally has a picture when you remove the rear cover on how to orient the SIM, and exactly where it goes. You don't evenLol need a manual. In fact, you don't even need to be able to read.

Indeed this thread is full of win.
    11-06-13 01:58 PM
    The sticker on the back cover of the phone tells you all you need to know on how to open it. The build quality of the Z30 is amazing and I'm loving it!!!
    chris8189 likes this.
    11-06-13 01:59 PM
    Its a solid phone. Better than xperia Z or nokia 820..better than iphone5 which can't survive without a case. I had all of phones above.
    If someone breaks over a dashboard of a Lamborghini Gallardo, just because he thinks he can pry open something, does that makes the Lambo "horrible"?
    Its ignorance at the very least.

Jakarta, Indonesia
    11-06-13 02:17 PM
    Mine is not like this ! I consider the building quality of the Z 30 as best have seen, better than the Z10 and the Samsung Galaxy !
    11-06-13 02:21 PM
    Wow, OP is not getting a lot of love here
    Prolly cause the post is coming off as a cheap shot. Z30 is in my hands right now and it's build is excellent.

Here are a list of phones I've used for months

Ip5s (weeks)
    Ip5
    Sgn3
    Sgs3

List goes on so I'm Def no BlackBerry apologists

Posted via CB10 on my z30
    11-06-13 02:31 PM
    user error at best...why is this even a topic?
    11-06-13 02:36 PM
    Yes indeed and it's not like I forced it . At first I thought "wow this slot is quite well done and well integrated in the bezel"... turned out this piece of fake metal (yes, the Z30 bezel is made of plastic...) is pretty useless
    I was using one a couple months ago and thought the same thing. Poor design choice for the backing, I figured that notch would snap off if you look at it wrong
    11-06-13 02:42 PM
    My fingers are trembling because I just don't know what to say. I mean....I, I, I just can't..... I read this whole thread, because I couldn't get enough. I have this feeling of senseless numbness throughout my body, just like the last time I collapsed in crying laughter. They make books of pictures for children, every human being has learned to read by "LOOKING AT THE PICTURES" For crying out loud man, wow, it's the first thing you see when you flip the device over. Let me pause for a moment, dude, this is the toughest post I've ever typed (other than about the antics of my Dallas Cowboys on Any Given Sunday ) I feel like you broke my new phone, AND I HAVEN"T EVEN BOUGHT IT YET!!! Ok, I'm just appalled that it never dawned on you "By golly, this sure to hard to open, wtf " Nooo, not you the tech journalist, you don't have to RTFM or even look at the pictures, because you have some sense of know how... Sigh, and people wonder why it appears BlackBerry is hated in America. I really hope you didn't post your review anywhere, because this is the kind of stuff poor reviews and reviewers are made of. I really hope you rethink the quality and credibility of what you write in the future. Let this serve as a true learning experience. Take this as constructive criticism if you will.

@KoreyTM What are you apologizing for? No one is after the OP with pitchforks and torches, the guy is dead wrong. This has nothing to do with fanboyism, being sarcastic, or mean. The OP is just flat out wrong. And no matter how you try to spin it, you and everyone else can clearly see that. As a "Tech Journalist" ignorance shouldn't be tolerated. If you choose to write a review about something, you should make sure you have your facts straight!!! As everyone has said "HE NEEDS TO ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY" Some would say well at least he admitted how it happened, but to erroneously go anywhere (the Internet) and say the Z30 or any device for that matter, has a poor build quality not because of his own incompetence is absurd. Don't defend or pacify someone's ignorance, you'll tarnish your own credibility right along with the them.
    habs_fan, TrueKulcha, zyad and 3 others like this.
    11-06-13 02:56 PM
    I am not a BB10 owner, but this is a perfect example of why anyone could be a "tech journalist", sorry OP but you should be ashamed of opening this thread.
    irweezyy likes this.
    11-06-13 02:59 PM
    I was using one a couple months ago and thought the same thing. Poor design choice for the backing, I figured that notch would snap off if you look at it wrong
    So you don't read manuals either....
    habs_fan likes this.
    11-06-13 03:01 PM
    Yeay cause rtfm will certainly enhance the quality of phone... poor guys. but hey at least if insulting me makes you feel better for spending hundreds of bucks on that crap go for it.

Posted via CB10
    Hmmmm . . . . After successfully inserting SIM and SD cards in TWO Z30s, without RTFM and without any damage, I have come to conclude that it is not "this forum" that is stupid.
    Nharzhool likes this.
    11-06-13 03:25 PM
    Personally I think this phone is ugly even when compared with the all plastic S4. The only people who believe it isn't are people on this site. I also believe the only people who would buy it are the people on this site. And you think marketing or the lack there of is BlackBerry's biggest problem, well think again.
    11-06-13 03:28 PM
    Personally I think this phone is ugly even when compared with the all plastic S4. The only people who believe it isn't are people on this site. I also believe the only people who would buy it are the people on this site. And you think marketing or the lack there of is BlackBerry's biggest problem, well think again.
    Show us your Z30.
    11-06-13 03:35 PM
    reading some stuff and claiming he is a journ..whatever I get the feeling he is bashing or just plain dumb and using all the force he had to get off the back or maybe he using tongs to get it off. Anyway It's is nicely done but the Z30 is good quality not a LG G2 bad plastic f#cked up piece of trash white phone.

I tested the phone myself two times and must say it's not that hard to get if off when you follow the instructions , same like the Z10.
    11-06-13 03:36 PM
    I am a big BB fanboy, but I feel im fairly objective also (i.e. if I think something isnt the best that they do I will say so). Personally I think the Z30 build quality is really good , one of the best BB feels I have had to date. I know the piece of plastic you are on about it is there to cover the sim/sd slot. I can understand how if you pull on that it might break off, however I would think anyone with common sense would check what something was online or in documentation before prising it off?
    11-06-13 03:36 PM
    From the OP's web site!

Here is a very interesting insight on BlackBerry’s downfall. Let’s be honest, BlackBerry 10 probably is the strongest mobile operating system ever made. It’s rock solid and works flawlessly. BlackBerry blew it on the price range. If I was sure of the state of the company I’d use my Q10 everyday, but somehow, I’m reluctant to use a product which company may die tomorrow. Nowadays, I tend to use more my Lumia 925. Microsoft won a battle. Is the war over yet ?
    11-06-13 03:37 PM
    How did I miss this jewel of a thread. Common man it has a removable plastic backing on it that diagrams this. I would hate to see you try and put together IKEA products. This is like trying to open a door by taking a shotgun and shooting the hinges instead of unlocking and turning the doorknob..
    wincyUt likes this.
    11-06-13 03:40 PM
    From the OP's web site!
    well there is logic for you. He won't use his phone because he thinks the company could die tomorrow. Clearly this fellow is a schill. It is amazing how pathalogically stupid the general populous is when it comes to pop culture. Bunch of f***ing lemmings
    bungaboy and R Field like this.
    11-06-13 03:44 PM
    Show us your Z30.
    Would you buy something you thought was ugly? I wouldn't.
    11-06-13 03:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    Guillaume, je ne sais pas si c'est le café, le vin ou les deux, mais un poil de tisane te ferai sûrement du bien.

Sérieusement, tu te pointes sur un site dédié aux supporters de BlackBerry et claironnant un statut d'expert (où donc? Clubic ...) et tu t'étonnes de te faire recevoir? Ce sont tes premiers pas sur le Web ou tu es sous influence?

Maintenant, sur le fond de l'histoire, j'ai en main mon Z30 et j'ai essayé de reproduire ton arrachage. Bien sur, je n'ai pas les ongles de Wolverine et je n'ai utilisé ni couteau ni tournevis. Mais décoller cette deco ne me semble pas possible accidentellement.
    Donc, à moins que ton Z30 (de test ?) ait été préalablement endommagé...

OK guys, I won't translate in whole, this thread is long enough.
    Can't reproduce this on my Z30 and suppose it's a test device that might have been damaged previously.
    End of story for me , have a nice end of journey.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-07-13 at 02:55 AM. Reason: Clubir ref and some weird encoding corrections
    bungaboy, Corbu and eddy_berry like this.
    11-06-13 03:51 PM
    Would you buy something you thought was ugly? I wouldn't.
    How long did you try the Z30?
    11-06-13 03:52 PM
273 ... 34567 ...