02-03-14 10:18 AM
273 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Imagine the money BB (or anyone) could save by never having to include a manual. Why didn't they think of that?
    11-06-13 12:00 PM
    This thread is

Z30 Disappointing Build Quality?-1237286627465.jpg

Thanks OP!

Posted via CB10
    jprevost likes this.
    11-06-13 12:10 PM
    I'd say try to change the thread title. You are just as culpable in it as BlackBerry. If I poured engine coolant in my wiper fluid container in my car, I wouldn't title a thread on the Jeep Forums " 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee has a horrible design ". Of course if I did that I wouldn't post on a site basically proving I was the poster child for *facepalm*

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1791, waiting on VZW Z30

He said he is a tech journalist.
    Key word - journalist.
    They write to bait you, plus the story involves BlackBerry. I don't think journalists can write about BlackBerry without being negative. What would the haters have to read then?
    Who the hell just starts digging and prying without taking 1 minute to say to themselves "Hmmmmm I better check first "
    If it was a friends phone, would you just start prying. Opps, sorry I pulled a piece off of your new phone. Oh well.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 12:11 PM
    Yeay cause rtfm will certainly enhance the quality of phone... poor guys. but hey at least if insulting me makes you feel better for spending hundreds of bucks on that crap go for it.

I'm out of this stupid forums

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 12:14 PM
    Best phone i have ever had .. tho moment you hold it in your hand and start browsing, you dont want to leave it ..

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 12:16 PM
    I tested and reviewed the Z30 at work (i'm a tech journalist) and I have to say I was pretty disappointed by the build quality of the Z30

Since I read the battery was not removable, I thought the back cover was not removable as well.
    On the left side I saw that piece of metal plastic which looked like a slot
    So I naturally thought it was the tray to use to place my SIM and SD card. But guess what, I unglued the thing with my thumb !!!
    But I mean . isn't that really confusing ? Am I the only one ?

In comparison, the Z10 and Q10 look very solid

Attachment 217865
    Actually on the plastic film that comes on the back, there is a clear instructional diagram on how to remove the back cover.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 12:23 PM
    I haven't purchased but have used a Q30. If verifiable, this is a most unfortunate situation.

Unfortunately, we look at the enemy and the enemy is sometimes us. If the Q30 fails such a simple test: First, I wouldn't be surprised but, second, it probably won't matter as these smart phones are unlikely to crest a million in bona fide sales anyway--maybe another couple million more/less sold at a loss or given away.

For the handful of ostriches that persist in CB land, a couple more pointers: (1) NO, it is not paramount nor even an expectation that all users read some manual for this product; (2) BB is on the hook for any/all foreseeable problems with this phone from both a legal and business (as in stay in business) standpoint. .... What was the phrase often cited: "BB10 was/is not ready for prime time" and/or "BB10 phones have not been 'out of the box' useable/functional" Surely, we don't need to explain, here, what this means again.

OP, tough crowd indeed, but have you noted any other issues??
    11-06-13 12:28 PM
    It's unlikely anyone has purchased a Q30.
    11-06-13 12:31 PM
    the bezel is a painted magnesium alloy just like the z10s
    hate to burst your bubble but its not. unless you can show me your source, quit spreading false rumours
    11-06-13 12:38 PM
    Yeay cause rtfm will certainly enhance the quality of phone... poor guys. but hey at least if insulting me makes you feel better for spending hundreds of bucks on that crap go for it.

Posted via CB10
    And there it is , "journalist ", "BlackBerry phone " , "crap "
    3 strikes, and stay out.

I can't wait to read your articles on technology. You have proven your competent handling techniques.
    How do not have fork marks on your face ?

"Horrible build quality ", you set yourself up for that.

I've been disappointed in build quality on many devices ; never called any horrible.
    Dumbass, looks good on you.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 12:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    I think you are the first person at all (referring to all opinions on the Z30 in this "stupid forum", reviews on other sites, newspaper articles etc.) that I'm aware of that accuses this phone of horrible build quality, being crap etc.
    And this, because you broke it, because you didn't operate it properly. Although instructions were printed very prominently and very visibly on its protective cover.
    Unbelievable, actually.
    Bye, won't miss you.
    11-06-13 12:47 PM
    I tested and reviewed the Z30 at work (i'm a tech journalist) and I have to say I was pretty disappointed by the build quality of the Z30

Since I read the battery was not removable, I thought the back cover was not removable as well.
    On the left side I saw that piece of metal plastic which looked like a slot
    So I naturally thought it was the tray to use to place my SIM and SD card. But guess what, I unglued the thing with my thumb !!!
    But I mean . isn't that really confusing ? Am I the only one ?

In comparison, the Z10 and Q10 look very solid

Attachment 217865
    Well I think your the only one that wasn't informed enough to read the user manual.
    11-06-13 12:54 PM
    Can't wait to read his unbiased properly researched review

Posted from my Z30
    11-06-13 12:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    Should have never came. You won't be missed!!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 12:58 PM
    Are you f*cking joking OP? How useless you must be to do that...?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 01:04 PM
    I haven't purchased but have used a Q30. If verifiable, this is a most unfortunate situation.

Unfortunately, we look at the enemy and the enemy is sometimes us. If the Q30 fails such a simple test: First, I wouldn't be surprised but, second, it probably won't matter as these smart phones are unlikely to crest a million in bona fide sales anyway--maybe another couple million more/less sold at a loss or given away.

For the handful of ostriches that persist in CB land, a couple more pointers: (1) NO, it is not paramount nor even an expectation that all users read some manual for this product; (2) BB is on the hook for any/all foreseeable problems with this phone from both a legal and business (as in stay in business) standpoint. .... What was the phrase often cited: "BB10 was/is not ready for prime time" and/or "BB10 phones have not been 'out of the box' useable/functional" Surely, we don't need to explain, here, what this means again.

OP, tough crowd indeed, but have you noted any other issues??
    1stly, where did you try the Q30. I haven't heard of such a phone yet.
    2ndly, translation of what rtfm means in the context of this thread: take a quick look at the large, highly visible drawing of how to open the phone, printed on the protective cover on the back of the phone, before breaking it open. Too demanding for a tech journalist?
    3rdly, what does "BB10 was/is not ready for prime time" (an old comment, obsolete by now) have to do with the inability of an alleged tech journalist to open the phone without breaking it?
    11-06-13 01:06 PM
    The user manual! The last refuge of the scoundrel...
    11-06-13 01:08 PM
    You're a tech journalist and you didn't realize that the back cover needed to come off in order to insert the SIM card and media storage card. I figured you would have known this. It's not so much about build quality as it is about brain quality of the user. You broke it plain and simple.

Posted via CB10
    chris8189 likes this.
    11-06-13 01:10 PM
    Yes indeed and it's not like I forced it . At first I thought "wow this slot is quite well done and well integrated in the bezel"... turned out this piece of fake metal (yes, the Z30 bezel is made of plastic...) is pretty useless
    Maybe u got a fake one from China. Lol

BlackBerry Z10, powerful tool indeed.
    11-06-13 01:13 PM
    I guess I got the point of RTFM
    I guess you don't get the point that testing dozens of phones all year long never required me to do so.
    Who RTMF anything to use an iPhone ?...man even any Android phone don't need that
    And I 'm sorry but I did not need to do so with the Z10 or the Q10

BTW I moderated the title of the thread

Even though not many here would agree with what I'm about to do, as a member of the Mobile Nations community I feel I have to apologize to guillaumeb for the way he's been treated here by other members of Crackberry. A number of members have found ways to combine sarcasm with just being downright mean. This is unfortunate. And, to a degree, I have to agree with guillaumeb about not reading the manual. I own two phones that I use on a daily basis, an iPhone 5 and a Lumia 920, and I didn't have to read the manual to figure out those phones. I don't own a Z30; so I can't comment from experience on its build quality, but I think there is something telling about guillaumeb's experience, nonetheless.
    danprown likes this.
    11-06-13 01:14 PM
    Yes indeed and it's not like I forced it . At first I thought "wow this slot is quite well done and well integrated in the bezel"... turned out this piece of fake metal (yes, the Z30 bezel is made of plastic...) is pretty useless
    Useless like your review
    chris8189 likes this.
    11-06-13 01:14 PM
    My new Z30 has extremely high build quality... As good or better than any other BlackBerry I've owned (and I've owned most of them).
    chris8189 likes this.
    11-06-13 01:16 PM
    Nice troll attempt kiddo
    Do the right thing and f-off.
    11-06-13 01:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    Wait, how could you not figure out how to insert the SIM when this is all you can see:

Z30 Disappointing Build Quality?-blackberry-z30-rear.jpg

It literally has a picture when you remove the rear cover on how to orient the SIM, and exactly where it goes. You don't even need a manual. In fact, you don't even need to be able to read.

Indeed this thread is full of win.
    11-06-13 01:28 PM
    Even though not many here would agree with what I'm about to do, as a member of the Mobile Nations community I feel I have to apologize to guillaumeb for the way he's been treated here by other members of Crackberry. A number of members have found ways to combine sarcasm with just being downright mean. This is unfortunate. And, to a degree, I have to agree with guillaumeb about not reading the manual. I own two phones that I use on a daily basis, an iPhone 5 and a Lumia 920, and I didn't have to read the manual to figure out those phones. I don't own a Z30; so I can't comment from experience on its build quality, but I think there is something telling about guillaumeb's experience, nonetheless.
    So no need to RTFM for iphone and Lumia. Therefore easier to use than the Z30, right? Well, let's look at the facts:
    iPhone 5: no removable back cover. Nothing to figure out.
    Lumia 920: ditto.
    Z30: a large, highly visible drawing of how to open the phone, glued to the phone's back. JUst taking a quick look at that, this is what RTFM means here.

How on earth would one overlook this, and then accuse the phone of bad quality, after beaking it due to improper handling?
    rukdngme and Nharzhool like this.
    11-06-13 01:32 PM
273 ... 23456 ...