any inadvertent oopses aside, this, coupled w/ the loose volume button issues that've popped up here & there, is something to keep an eye on,,, sometimes early builds, of anything,(cars,phones, etc.), have issues,,, hopefully these will be fixed as they progress...
    Bobby Digi likes this.
    11-06-13 04:01 PM
    Windows is crazy . If you wanted to change you APN voor your mobile data connection you go to setting and you get a long list, a very long list, no longer and you choose mobile connection. NOPE it's not there and then you choose something with whatever and is not still there. I go to my laptop and google it and there i found it. Why not everything under mobile connection like Blackberry ,Android or Apple does. I just tested a few weeks the Nokia 925 but I don't like the long list and looks boring like hell. The only living thing are the tiles/windows or whatever.

It's like I'm in a DOS 2.x enviroment with a 4" monitor and i know some people loving it :
    Z30 Disappointing Build Quality?-lumia-1020-wp-change-default-camera-app3-300x500.png
    11-06-13 04:01 PM
    I read the whole thread. Thanks for the laugh everybody, especially the OP.

Q10 and Canadian all the way! Q10SQN100-3/10.2.0.1791
    11-06-13 04:06 PM
    I guess freedom of speech is what's it's all about and OP is entitled to his opinion. He made up his mind before posting here that the Z30 is an inferior device. Nothing said here is going to change his mind. He will probably post the most horrible and vocal onslaught against BB that is imaginable in his review. I'm not saying the Z30 is the best phone ever produced by mankind but it's definitely not the worst ever made. To post a title like he did is looking for sensation and it's definitely not helping open and honest debate. Bye bye OP
    11-06-13 04:17 PM
    Z30 build quality is excellent. No problems with mine at all.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 04:22 PM
    What if I told you the Z30 is the best phone mankind has ever produced?

Posted via CB10
    jimpilot likes this.
    11-06-13 04:23 PM
    I would agree
    11-06-13 04:34 PM
    If your a Tech Journalist you need to get fired. I actually thought this was a post about a real build quality issue with the New Blackberry Z30. The first thing that you do when you buy something new is read the owner's manual or inquire before acting. I agree with with some of the other comments that because you get things for free to review you acted in haste. I have had this phone for three days now and I have no issues with the removal of the back cover or the plastic cover. You are entitled to your opinion but you made the mistake so don't blame BlackBerry for horrible build quality. SMH.
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-06-13 04:41 PM
    What if I told you the Z30 is the best phone mankind has ever produced?

Posted via CB10
    Me, no worries to convince!! I'm a dyed in the wool BlackBerry fan. But I'm also reaslistic. Latest LG, Nexus 5 and some others are also very nice, BUT they don't sport the marvelous BB10 OS. The sum of the parts are greater than the individual components!
    11-06-13 04:49 PM
    If your a Tech Journalist you need to get fired. I actually thought this was a post about a real build quality issue with the New Blackberry Z30. The first thing that you do when you buy something new is read the owner's manual or inquire before acting. I agree with with some of the other comments that because you get things for free to review you acted in haste. I have had this phone for three days now and I have no issues with the removal of the back cover or the plastic cover. You are entitled to your opinion but you made the mistake so don't blame BlackBerry for horrible build quality. SMH.
    Cnet journalism...Besides how many so called Tech Journalists forced the cover off not knowing how it came off. Poor design? I say not very "Tech savy" knowing the basics...You admit to prying it off and it's poor design..

I can only imagine how lame all your other so called tech reviews are. You probably do those phantom reviews based on other reviews without ever touching a product.
    anon8091350, modine and bungaboy like this.
    11-06-13 04:56 PM
    You are the only one.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-06-13 04:56 PM
    Don't worry OP, when the horrible sales numbers for the Z30 comes in as expected you'll have the last laugh!
    11-06-13 05:07 PM
    Don't worry OP, when the horrible sales numbers for the Z30 comes in as expected you'll have the last laugh!
    The last laugh, for having helped to kill a great product by use of plain BS - or what?
    Congratulations.
    R Field, ibpluto and bungaboy like this.
    11-06-13 05:15 PM
    Yes indeed and it's not like I forced it . At first I thought "wow this slot is quite well done and well integrated in the bezel"... turned out this piece of fake metal (yes, the Z30 bezel is made of plastic...) is pretty useless
    How in the world did you even get your finger nail in there to pry it off in the first place?! I can barely get the back cover off at the bottom where there's a lip, let alone from the side.
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    11-06-13 05:19 PM
    Wow. Just wow. OP is angry now because we are stupid. His first mistake was thinking, as a tech journalist, he was a genius and that meant he automatically knew how every phone works. Second mistake was forcefully prying at a section of the back cover in the wrong place not caring to know if what he was doing was wrong.

"Of course, if it isn't coming off this way I must use more force because that makes complete sense."

Final mistake was coming here and telling us his own mistake directly relates to the build quality of the device and that he is disappointed that it would just break like that. It reminds me of someone here who posted about a sales rep about to replace a sim in a new BB10 device by sticking a pin in the mic hole. Good job genius. It is sad that great phones have to be put into the hands of "journalists" that are so full of themselves that they can't stand to be wrong. Sadly his review is going to reflect how he was treated here. Mark my words. Oh, and people will believe it because, well, nothing is going well for BlackBerry so it must be true. And so the BS continues. Unfortunately when you come here and make bold statements like that, which must be true because you review tech for a living, you are going to feel the wrath of Crackberry members. Good riddance.
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-06-13 05:51 PM
    I don't know why all are getting their panties in a bunch as if they designed or produced the Z30 themselves.

So a piece of plastic trim fell off. Was not glued properly. Should not have been there to begin with. Who cares...

If you are THAT concern with the OP, the best is to just ignore the thread, not heap childish abuse about tech journalists, etc. That way the thread grows bigger and bigger and way more ridiculous... kinda like the "multitasking" threads

It is just cosmetic -- not like the mini-USB on the Playbook...
    11-06-13 06:28 PM
    I agree with danprown above.

This thread should really be renamed. This is not a poor build quality issue. This is much more of a design issue. Something along the lines of "Poorly designed sim and SD cover". As much as everyone has attacked the OP, it's a mistake I could see happening to more users. The immediate instructions on the back of the phone don't mention anything about the side cover tab. When I first got my z30 I wondered if the side sim / SD cover was a door or attached to the back. And I had seen plenty of videos of the device before hand. Where I differ from the OP though is I took my time since I didn't want to break anything in case I guessed wrong.
    11-06-13 06:30 PM
    It is interesting that someone who lives in the world of tech does not know the back of the Z30 is removable, and how to remove it.

I bought my Z30 2 weeks ago, and both the Telus rep who sold it to me, and myself (I'm a Veterinarian) knew that is was a removable back, and how to open it.

By the way, my Z30 build quality is EXCELLENT, absolutely love it.
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-06-13 06:33 PM
    I apologize in advance for the following request. Someone please give me a step by step guide on how to start a thread or post on CB, I think I have lost my marbles and cant seem to figure it out.
    Thanks,
    Modbro
    11-06-13 06:38 PM
    I tested and reviewed the Z30 at work (i'm a tech journalist) and I have to say I was pretty disappointed by the build quality of the Z30

Since I read the battery was not removable, I thought the back cover was not removable as well.
    On the left side I saw that piece of metal plastic which looked like a slot
    So I naturally thought it was the tray to use to place my SIM and SD card. But guess what, I unglued the thing with my thumb !!!
    But I mean . isn't that really confusing ? Am I the only one ?

In comparison, the Z10 and Q10 look very solid

Attachment 217865
    It's your own fault, please read all the information about the product BEFORE you buy it.
    Don't care about your 'tech journalist' title , don't blame the build quality, it's your responsible as a customer to figured it out.
    11-06-13 07:04 PM
    I don't know why all are getting their panties in a bunch as if they designed or produced the Z30 themselves.

So a piece of plastic trim fell off. Was not glued properly. Should not have been there to begin with. Who cares...

If you are THAT concern with the OP, the best is to just ignore the thread, not heap childish abuse about tech journalists, etc. That way the thread grows bigger and bigger and way more ridiculous... kinda like the "multitasking" threads

It is just cosmetic -- not like the mini-USB on the Playbook...
    No it didn't just fall off. The point was that the OP is going to write a review on this device and has showed us that he thinks the device is of poor quality over him prying the plastic piece off instead of making sure he was doing it correctly. But I agree with you that the thread should now close. The OP is already off to write his expert review.
    11-06-13 07:11 PM
    I just received mine, and quite honestly, it's beautiful. This is my opinion, and opinions may vary but the build quality is exceptional in my eyes.
    11-06-13 07:12 PM
    I apologize in advance for the following request. Someone please give me a step by step guide on how to start a thread or post on CB, I think I have lost my marbles and cant seem to figure it out.
    Thanks,
    Modbro
    Step 1: Don't be a moron, like the OP here is. (I mean that specifically regarding the topic around which your aspired thread will revolve, not about not knowing how to post a thread. Ignorance is not idiocy :-) )

Step 2: from http://forums.crackberry.com select a forum category in which you wish to post, and then hit the orange button with the text "POST NEW THREAD" Hope that works.

In other news...this thread was hilarious but at the same time, gave me cancer. So I actually think I'm worse off now than before reading it.

Having read the post from Simon Sage regarding removing the back cover, I'm pretty sure you can just slide your nail in between the cover and the device and continue up the device like on the Z10. No need to go all He-Man on it...

Well...you know what they say: If it doesn't fit, you're not pushing hard enough and if it won't come off, you're not pulling hard enough. Because stupidity, am I right?
    Last edited by Nharzhool; 11-06-13 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Correcting the concord of my sentence and removing a comma splice.
    bungaboy and modbro like this.
    11-06-13 08:26 PM
    a 'tech journalist' but not smart enough to try to know more about the device before attempting at doing something he's unsure of
    i call that 'ignorant'
    chrizrun30 and geraham like this.
    11-06-13 08:29 PM
    Once upon a time the manuals were actually a part of the review process. Reviewers often commented on the usefulness of the product manual. This practice would usually involve opening said manual to at least research a few basic functions to ensure the manual made sense. Not doing so in the case of a product review seems foolish to me.
    wincyUt likes this.
    11-06-13 08:30 PM
273 ... 45678 ...